PDA

View Full Version : For a spurs sight we sure rip on our players alot.

mrose31
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I thought most spurs fans were different, but everytime I come in we are putting down our players over and over. Most of the time its our good players too from our starting lineup. I hate to say it but we seem so spoiled about how good our team is that we have to talk bad about our own players. I mean 12 guys can't all have a great game at same time. Even after we win games people are on here talking shit about how so and so sucks. I guess I was wrong or we have gotten a bunch of bandwagon fans over the last few years with our success. I really like this website and the exchange of opinions but we seem to be getting picky. I mean I know some posters are always going to do that and it makes it intresting or funny but it seems like more and more people are doing this. :wtf

samikeyp
03-29-2005, 01:35 PM
So if the team is playing poorly, we should all join hands and sing and keep telling ourselves its not really happening? uh..no. It is possible to be a true Spurs fan and not like they way they are playing.

IceColdBrewski
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
As paying customers, people have a right to be critical of the product they're paying to see.

I've shelled out $100+ at Spurs games before. I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit there and cheer a half hearted effort. And if I notice a player who's not giving 100%, you'd better believe I'm gonna rip him.

coz
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
again, the monthly bitching about bitching thread........

Useruser666
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Putting down T Park can only go so far.

Shelly
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
:lol

And he didn't even get a bobblehead!

T Park
03-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Putting down T Park can only go so far.

yet it doesn't stop.

Go fig.

Brodels
03-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I thought most spurs fans were different, but everytime I come in we are putting down our players over and over. Most of the time its our good players too from our starting lineup. I hate to say it but we seem so spoiled about how good our team is that we have to talk bad about our own players. I mean 12 guys can't all have a great game at same time. Even after we win games people are on here talking shit about how so and so sucks. I guess I was wrong or we have gotten a bunch of bandwagon fans over the last few years with our success. I really like this website and the exchange of opinions but we seem to be getting picky. I mean I know some posters are always going to do that and it makes it intresting or funny but it seems like more and more people are doing this. :wtf

If you can't talk about the team's weaknesses and what's going on with the team in general, what are you going to talk about?

The ability of posters to think critically about the team is what sets this board apart from other ones. If you want to do it, you can certainly find a forum with topic like this:

- Tim Duncan is the greatest!
- OMG, Manu is soooooo cute!
- Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA
- The Spurs are going to win it all this season and for the next ten seasons!

This message board is a quality one because people can identify weaknesses and bring good discussion.

If you want to post at a boring message board where you'll receive no insight, I'll be happy to provide you with a couple of links.

People here want the team to win. They identify weaknesses only so they hope Pop and the team will address them. If the Spurs can improve in their weaker areas, they'll have a great shot at a championship.

If people who are paying money for a product are unhappy with that product, they shouldn't feel guilty about saying so. I think most posters realize how good the Spurs have been for the past several years, but people shouldn't hold back criticism if the team isn't playing very well. And the Spurs really haven't been playing very well lately.

kskonn
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
If you can't talk about the team's weaknesses and what's going on with the team in general, what are you going to talk about?

The ability of posters to think critically about the team is what sets this board apart from other ones. If you want to do it, you can certainly find a forum with topic like this:

This message board is a quality one because people can identify weaknesses and bring good discussion.

If you want to post at a boring message board where you'll receive no insight, I'll be happy to provide you with a couple of links.

People here want the team to win. They identify weaknesses only so they hope Pop and the team will address them. If the Spurs can improve in their weaker areas, they'll have a great shot at a championship.

If people who are paying money for a product are unhappy with that product, they shouldn't feel guilty about saying so. I think most posters realize how good the Spurs have been for the past several years, but people shouldn't hold back criticism if the team isn't playing very well. And the Spurs really haven't been playing very well lately.

Well said. I have two season tickets that i pay over $10,000 a year for. Anytime that I pay that kind of money for something it better perform. If it doesn't I am going to talk about why.

SequSpur
03-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Site!

slayermin
03-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I think it's a good thing for people to get their frustrations out. If you didn't have a place to share your joy and pain about the Spurs, your passion for the team would disappear, IMO.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2005, 08:06 PM
yet it doesn't stop.

Go fig.
It's good practice.

xcoriate
03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

How did I ever forget you in my poster of the year considerations.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-29-2005, 11:33 PM
HOYA forum