PDA

View Full Version : stoudemire > bosh ?

coldsweat
05-29-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59456/20090529/amare_lobbying_for_knicks_gig_in_2010/

Amare Stoudemire was on ESPN Radio in New York on Friday and lobbied for the Knicks to sign him instead of Chris Bosh. Stoudemire expressed a desire to play for Mike D'Antoni in 2010.

"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh," said Stoudemire when posted with the question.

"How serious will you consider the Knicks in 2010," asked Brandon Tierney.

"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff."

"I think Coach D'Antoni's doing a phenomenal job with the Knicks, NY's a great city, I follow them closely."

bye bye :lol

IronMexican
05-29-2009, 04:16 PM
An entire year before he's a FA? What a turd. A lot of players come out and express they're desire to text the Market, but this guy pretty much comes out and says he is a goner.

JamStone
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
As much as Amare is a douchebag and a moron, I don't blame him given what Steve Kerr has done to that team in two years.

tomtom
05-29-2009, 04:24 PM
What an asshole. Anyways makes sense since he was only ever good because of D'antoni's system

Trainwreck2100
05-29-2009, 04:25 PM
As much as Amare is a douchebag and a moron, I don't blame him given what Steve Kerr has done to that team in two years.

It's not just kerr, Sarver's insistence on selling picks has come to roost

ducks
05-29-2009, 04:28 PM
now amare will be traded for a one year rental

amare for one year?

sonic21
05-29-2009, 04:38 PM
An entire year before he's a FA? What a turd. A lot of players come out and express they're desire to text the Market, but this guy pretty much comes out and says he is a goner.

he was doing the same thing on the radio in atlanta, DC and chicago saying he wanted to play for those teams. he must really want out of phoenix.

link to the DC radio (http://www.wjfk.com/pages/1460207.php)

What the hell is he doing going around to all of these citites?

Is he releasing a rap album next week?

Libri
05-29-2009, 04:53 PM
:lol

JamStone
05-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Probably a "smart" thing to do, open up a bidding war and drive up his value when he does become a free agent. Who knew the moron could do something smart. Whether it's intentional or not is a different matter altogether.

pauls931
05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Damn that sucks. Fucking kerr/sarver. Hope the suns can get something worthwhile. He's going to be hard to replace. I imagine nash is probably on the way out too. At least dok will be happy.

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
not sure if he's better than CB4

IronMexican
05-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn that sucks. Fucking kerr/sarver. Hope the suns can get something worthwhile. He's going to be hard to replace. I imagine nash is probably on the way out too. At least dok will be happy.

You should change you're custom title to "Me and DoK = BFF's"

Muser
05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Gotta love Kerr, Helps out the spurs and then goes CIA to Phoenix and fucks it all up!

But seriously, how much cap are NY wanting to spend?

pauls931
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
You should change you're custom title to "Me and DoK = BFF's"

I could never be BFF with a Spurs fan.

DPG21920
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I would say Amare is better than Bosh. Not by much, but he is a much better finisher.

dirk4mvp
05-29-2009, 05:32 PM
lol suns

duncan228
05-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Suns' Stoudemire talks about future (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/05/29/20090529amare.html)
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

WASHINGTON - While appearing for The Vision Council, a group promoting eye protection, Suns star Amaré Stoudemire discussed his future Friday.

Besides questions about recovery from his damaged retina, Stoudemire addressed his career down the road. From February trade discussions to his ability to opt out from his Suns contract next summer, Stoudemire heard inquiries about his future in every NBA market that interviewed him on Friday.

• To a San Antonio TV station, "What are you trying to start a riot in Phoenix?" before adding, "You never know what will happen. If I'm not going to win a championship soon, I may have to part ways."

• To one in Atlanta, where he just visited, "They would love for me to be in Atlanta," but adding, "I still should be in Phoenix next season."

• He said he heard it most from New York and Chicago, telling a Chicago station, "Whatever team I go to, I hope they're ready for a championship run."

• To a D.C. radio station, there is a “50 percent chance” he would be with the Suns this fall.

For the Suns, a return to the playoffs is a goal that they hope to meet after having made Alvin Gentry their coach for at least the next two seasons.

"I'm a big-time Alvin Gentry fan," Stoudemire said. "That'll be a good look for us. He's more of a player's coach. He listens to the players and tries to implement that. I never had a chance to talk stuff out with other coaches. I look at a situation with Tim Duncan and (Spurs coach Gregg) Popovich and he was a friend to him and they became champions. I haven't had that yet."

Amaré meets with eye protection group (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/05/29/20090529spt-suns.html)
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

WASHINGTON - For three hours, Amaré Stoudemire sat in a fourth-floor studio room of the National Press Club here pretending as if every question was a new one for him.

He flashed smiles, pointed at the camera and redirected basketball conversation - or outright media wooing - to his eye because the backdrop behind him said he was there for The Vision Summit, put on by The Vision Council. Just like the Suns need him to play like a star, the vision community wants him to be a superstar for eye protection, particularly among young athletes.

"It should be an eye-opener," he says of the detached retina that ended his season in February.

Stoudemire will wear eye protection for the rest of his career. He had surgery Feb. 20 to repair an injury so severe that he probably won't resume any physical activity until late June. There is still fluid under his retina that his body must resorb.

Stoudemire, wearing glasses, never thought he would be talking about anything more threatening to his health and NBA career than his 2006 microfracture surgery, but the accumulation of new and old trauma to his iris and retina threatened his eyesight.

"Tearing the retina is more serious," said Stoudemire, who told a group of doctors here that he was poked in the eye three times as a kid. "The great thing is it's treatable and curable. There are no odds I can't overcome. This is nothing new to Sun-Tzu."

lefty
05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
CB4 plays defense

Amara does not

That's right Amare, the reason TD owns you every single time

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 06:52 PM
CB4 is an average defender

dirk4mvp
05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
CB4 is an average defender

Which is still worlds better than Amare's D.

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Touche :lol

kamikazi_player
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Amare is amazing on offense. Back in 2005, who's the only player that can torch Duncan for 40 points in the playoffs

JamStone
05-29-2009, 06:56 PM
CB4 plays defense

Amara does not

That's right Amare, the reason TD owns you every single time

In the 2005 WCF, TD didn't own Amare. The Suns got beat by a better Spurs team, especially after losing Joe Johnson and the fact the Suns had zero depth and basically played 5 players the whoel game. But, TD didn't own Amare in that series. TD held his own and the Spurs won, but Tim certainly didn't own Amare.

DPG21920
05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone have the link to the defensive plus/minus and other sortable stats to compare Bosh/Amare statistically?

Rogue
05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
not sure if he's better than CB4
not sure if CB is better either, they are two guys coming from the same sort where no one cares about defense, though they are both pretty cute on the offensive end. Bosh is more useful than amare in 1-on-1 play while Amare is more like a beast everytime Nash feeds him the ball.

exstatic
05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Checklist:

Bosh rebounds better
Bosh shoots better
Bosh, although not great, defends better

Amare is older
Amare has more knee surgeries, including microfracture
Amare has more detached retinas

DPG21920
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Checklist:

Bosh rebounds better
Bosh shoots better
Bosh, although not great, defends better

Amare is older
Amare has more knee surgeries, including microfracture
Amare has more detached retinas

Amare: 54% from the field, 84% from the FT line, 43% from 3
Bosh: 49% from the field, 82% from the FT line, 25% from 3

And Amare's jump shot is sweet.

JamStone
05-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't think it matters much that Amare is older when they're both really young. Amare is only a year and a half older anyway. And, Amare actually rebounds at a better rate than Bosh. It's close and Bosh is probably a little bit better, but not that much better of a rebounder.

As a Piston fan, I'd take either of them over what the Pistons currently have. I don't mind that Amare is a complete moron because the Pistons front court is horrible right now. Looking at what the Pistons have, I'd rather have talent and stupid than non-talent and smart.

peskypesky
05-29-2009, 07:52 PM
I would take Bosh over Stoudamire in a heartbeat.

Spursfan092120
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
I would take Bosh over Stoudamire in a heartbeat.
yup...one plays defense..one doesn't.

duncan228
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Does anyone have the link to the defensive plus/minus and other sortable stats to compare Bosh/Amare statistically?

Don't know if this helps, it's six games head-to-head. Maybe it's a start, there's other ways to sort on the site.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=stoudam01

KSeal
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
yup...one plays defense..one doesn't.

Some of you are overrating Bosh's D, he's still pretty bad, Amare is just horrible that's all.

BlackBellamy
05-29-2009, 08:41 PM

The Spurs F.O. sent Kerr in as a spy to crush the franchise from the inside out. Pop's degree is in Soviet Studies, maybe he's employing a KGB strategy to the NBA? Steve's a cold motherf*cker: see game six of 2003 Western conf. finals.

DPG21920
05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't know if this helps, it's six games head-to-head. Maybe it's a start, there's other ways to sort on the site.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=stoudam01

Thanks, I saw that, but that is more of a standard measure. I am looking for strictly their defensive efficiencies and points scored when they are on vs off the floor.

lefty
05-29-2009, 08:54 PM
In the 2005 WCF, TD didn't own Amare. The Suns got beat by a better Spurs team, especially after losing Joe Johnson and the fact the Suns had zero depth and basically played 5 players the whoel game. But, TD didn't own Amare in that series. TD held his own and the Spurs won, but Tim certainly didn't own Amare.
He owned him

There was that game during the 2005 WCF where TD played with 4 fouls in the 4th quarter, on the road, and still blocked Amare's shots

Fucking pwnage........... :worthy:

KidCongo
05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Either one would mean a couple of 'chips to Cleveland.

Spursfan092120
05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Some of you are overrating Bosh's D, he's still pretty bad, Amare is just horrible that's all.
Not overrating it at all..I'm just saying he actually does play defense...Stoudemire doesn't even try.