PDA

View Full Version : Who scares you more Laker fans...Cavs or Magic?

Lebron4MVP
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Please explain why.

UrAphag
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Magic because they own the lakers at about every position besides kobe.

DeadlyDynasty
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Please explain why.

Before the ECF, it was the Magic...the 5 games since then have fully cemented that. Cleveland is a one-trick pony and they have no low-post game

DAF86
05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
They will say the Magics but they want Cleveland to lose.

u4lakers14
05-29-2009, 09:38 PM
magic because i think they are the better team.

howard is a killer

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Before the ECF, it was the Magic...the 5 games since then have fully cemented that. Cleveland is a one-trick pony and they have no low-post game

One-trick pony?

Lebron's so fuckin GREAT that he's a two-trick pony by himself :hat

MambaJuice2408
05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Cleveland because they would have homecourt against the Lakers, even tho the Lakers have more talent. Magic seem to be playing the best right now so they too are scary. Either way, LA is gonna have to earn the title.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Magic are a tough matchup, but I think having Alston/Johnson instead of Jameer is going to hurt them in the finals

hhml
05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
The Lakers.

When they play defense and actually try hard, they're by far the best team.

Lakers are the their own worst enemy.

Amaso
05-29-2009, 09:54 PM
The Magic. I want the Cavs to win the series because they'd be easier, but I can't stand listening to all the Lebron hype for another 3 weeks though.

adidas11
05-29-2009, 10:01 PM
The Magic, as they owned us during the two regular season games, they have a dominate low post presence, and both of their perimeter scorers are 6'10" tall (Hedo and Lewis)

Either way, it is going to be tough whether its Cleveland or Orlando.

baseline bum
05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Why would LA be scared of a Magic team minus its second-best player? And Cleveland is a one-man team. Either way, the cakewalk path continues.

SouthTexasRancher
05-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Please explain why.

The Magic because they are simply better than the Fakers. Howard will kill the p&g's big wimps. BTW, the Magic own the Fakers!!!

MarHill
05-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Why would LA be scared of a Magic team minus its second-best player? And Cleveland is a one-man team. Either way, the cakewalk path continues.

Hedo and Rashard are matchup problems and if they are hitting their 3s...they are tough to beat!!!

ballhog
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I would think Orlando would be a
tougher matchup since Gasol would have to play against a legit center. Turkoglu and Lewis are big guys who can hit outside shots.

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Cakewalk path?

That would be the Spurs 99, 03, 05, and 07 paths to titles :smokin

hhml
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
What's with all the exclamation marks?! Stop yelling, people!! Stop yelling!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Whoever wins the ECF is worthy of taking it all.

Cavs look like a one-man team against the Magic, because the Magic forces Cleveland to matchup against their deadly three pointers and D-Ho.
If Cavs do win the series, then it'd be a different ball game because Cavs have bigger bodies to go against the Lakers.
Lebron would still have to be super-human to beat the Lakers however, so I Laker fans shouldn't fear Cleveland that much.
Coach Pop can't help Coach Brown gameplan around the Lakers and Brown going against Phil Jackson is like David v. Goliath...
He'd have to ask Pop to hand his cell phone to Larry Brown to draw up an outrebounding gameplan against the Lakers ala 2004 Pistons...
Cavs could beat the Lakers if they outrebound them and give the second chance points to Lebron's crappy help.

If the Magic win, then they'd probably have a better chance to go basket for basket unlike the Cavs.
Lakers can't defend the Magic, and The Magic unlike the thuggets have offensive weapons who HAVE basic motor skill functions/ and cognitive capabilities.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Cakewalk path?

That would be the Spurs 99, 03, 05, and 07 paths to titles :smokin

05 wasn't a cakewalk :lol

Killakobe81
05-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Magic. But Lebron would live at the line ....

BlackBellamy
05-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Magic are a tough matchup, but I think having Alston/Johnson instead of Jameer is going to hurt them in the finals

Sure, Jameer has stepped up his 'stud-dom' this season but Alston/Johnson v. Fisher/Farmar? Sounds like a competent match-up. S'not like the Lakers have CP3, D-Will, or Tony. They have a fine but aging (slowing), once lights out, starting 1 and a back-up who's game can be summed up as entirely mediocre. I will love to see Walton or the (blowjob) Machine have to D up on Lewis or Hedo. Personally, I think the point might be one of the more reasonable match-ups in that series (if it even happens).

Thunder Dan
05-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm amazed as to why Lakers fans would want the Magic to win the series. I'm a Cavs fan and I only want the Cavs playing the Lakers. I think Kobe vs Lebron would be a great, memorable Finals. If the Magic make it to the Finals it won't be must see TV like it would be if it were Kobe/Lebron. That's what I want. I want the Finals to be huge. I want to know that practically everyone that is into sports is following the Finals. I'll be honest, if the Magic beat that Cavs tonight, I won't give a shit about the Finals and I won't watch them. It has nothing to do with me being salty, but it's the summer and I just don't care about the Magic facing the Lakers.

JamStone
05-30-2009, 11:45 AM
The question isn't about which would be the more exciting match-up. The question posed is which match-up scares Laker fans more. And most Laker fans on here anyway would rather play the Cavs because they think they can beat the Cavs more easily than the Magic. So, your post makes even less sense.

Thunder Dan
05-30-2009, 11:49 AM
The question isn't about which would be the more exciting match-up. The question posed is which match-up scares Laker fans more. And most Laker fans on here anyway would rather play the Cavs because they think they can beat the Cavs more easily than the Magic. So, your post makes even less sense.

I'm just saying in general I see a ton of Laker fans on this board openly rooting for the Magic

j-money24
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Cavs because they have Home-court Advantage and Jameer Nelson is out.

sook
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
why would people still be afraid of the cavs? THey have proven everything we have said about the to be true

layupdrill
05-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Orlando would be a tougher matchup for the Lakers, though they would have home court.