PDA

View Full Version : Damnit Denver, this is why you guys will never be taken seriously

kamikazi_player
05-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats to the Lakers on their 2009 Western Conference championship, but the Nuggets played crap in this game. Did they forget that defense wins championships? Anthony let Ariza go wild in the first half and Chauncey just threw up random shots that have a low percentage of going in. Just when everyone takes them seriously, they fuck it up with their defense, good job guys. Have fun fishing with us.

poop
05-29-2009, 10:50 PM
extremely disappointing end to such a great year by the nuggets.

they went and got everyone believing, then in the final game reverted back to the same old predictable dumbasses.

timtonymanu
05-29-2009, 10:55 PM
George Karl
Anthony Carter
Melo's defense
No Show K-Mart
Conference Finals Billups

there's your answers.

SouthTexasRancher
05-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Once again Denver choked like the Dallas Mavettes always do. They finally had a chance to do something special and they screwed it up again. Maybe Denver and Dallas should combine their franchises into one big loser!

Allanon
05-29-2009, 11:02 PM
George Karl
Anthony Carter
Melo's defense
No Show K-Mart
Conference Finals Billups

there's your answers.

K-Mart REALLY killing the MO in the 4th with that stupid grab on Vujacic's ankle. Gave the Lakers 2 points when the Nuggz had gotten it down to 10.

redzero
05-29-2009, 11:04 PM
I'll bring the bait!

jacobdrj
05-29-2009, 11:06 PM
extremely disappointing end to such a great year by the nuggets.

they went and got everyone believing, then in the final game reverted back to the same old predictable dumbasses.

Karl is a deer in the headlights...

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Spurs fans talking about choking?

Spurs are chokers unless they get lucky ass breaks.

See 2004 WCSF
2006 WCSF
2008 WCF

SouthTexasRancher
05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Spurs fans talking about choking?

Spurs are chokers unless they get lucky ass breaks.

See 2004 WCSF
2006 WCSF
2008 WCF

ghazi, we already know you are an IDIOT, so there is really no need for you to work so damn hard at constantly proving it to everyone!

The Spurs have NEVER choked in the NBA Finals but, that seems to be way over that empty head of yours!

San Antonio Spurs 4 Championships!

1999 NBA Champions !!!
2003 NBA Champions !!!
2005 NBA Champions !!!
2007 NBA Champions !!!

Dallas Mavettes 0 championships

2006 ROTFFLMFAO!

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Where's the yawn emoticon

JamStone
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
They had a horrible game tonight. They can still be taken seriously. They were one of the final four teams left to play this past season. They had a great run. And, they're still young. They might not win a title with this core group of players, but they should be serious players in the western conference for the next several years.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I got my doubts about George Karl, but you have to look at what he's got to work with in Denver.
He's done a great job considering.

If Pop coached Denver, 3 quarters of the team would be in the doghouse and they'd be lucky to win 10 games.

RsxPiimp
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/sestft.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2009, 11:40 PM
LOL at comparing the utter ineptitude and feeble choke-bload that Denver just laid down to the Spurs.

Denver just set their franchise back a decade with this meltdown. They are a disgrace, should be difficult to stare themselves in the mirror after this one.

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
They had a horrible game tonight. They can still be taken seriously. They were one of the final four teams left to play this past season. They had a great run. And, they're still young. They might not win a title with this core group of players, but they should be serious players in the western conference for the next several years.

Nah, fluke year.

redzero
05-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Or they can be in the top 5 teams in the NBA, but still come up short year after year, like some other team led by Chauncey Billups.

jag
Melo punches people and then practices his 40-time
K-Mart has lips tattooed on his neck
JR is a punched fan away from Artest-like crazy status
A guy who calls himself Birdman and looks like a methhead is actually one of the most normal players on the team

No one ever really took the Nuggets seriously...you just hoped they could squeeze out a few more wins before the imminent implosion.

kamikazi_player
They better learn how to play defense, especially on their home court. If they continue this trend, they will be known as the next Phoenix Suns.

SouthTexasRancher
05-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Where's the yawn emoticon

How 'bout the sleep emoticon which fits you perfectly!

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:s leep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

JamStone
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Or they can be in the top 5 teams in the NBA, but still come up short year after year, like some other team led by Chauncey Billups.

Because it's better to get to a conference finals one year then proceed to be a first round exit team after that?

And are you purposely ignoring 2004 just for shits and giggles?

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
2-5 in the West were separated by 1 game this year and 2-4 were determined by tiebreakers. denver just as easily could've been a 1st round fodder team and could very easily slip to 5th/6th next year IMO.

It'll be interesting to see what happens w/ JR and Birdman. I heard the Nugs had some $ issues or some shit. They will probably resign both though, I think?!

redzero
05-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Because it's better to get to a conference finals one year then proceed to be a first round exit team after that?

And are you purposely ignoring 2004 just for shits and giggles?

No, I'm not. I'm just taking into account the years 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

JamStone
05-30-2009, 12:17 AM
No, I'm not. I'm just taking into account the years 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

Umm ok. Random. I guess logic lacking reason can make it hard to retort that logic...

mingus
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
no one showed up for Denver ... it seems like when the team is facing adversity or has to overcome a deficit they start playing one-on-one basketball and go away from what got them this far ... not to mention they completely forgot how to play dfense ...

J.R. smith was just horrible shooting wise for most of the series , esp. on the road ... they would have benefited from having someone they could count on from game to game and whose game goes on the road ... J.R. Smith isn't and i don't think will be a good road player any time soon ... Denver has to face the high probability that they won't get HCA in the West as long as the Lakers have this team , so they should get someone through trade or FA who has a rep. as a player that plays equally well on the road and at home ...

mytespurs
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
The Nuggets did better than anyone, including me, thought they would do. I think their own immaturity, Karl's coaching decisions, stupid plays among other things hurt them. And you have to play your "A" game when you are facing a team like the Lakers. They had their opportunities but failed to capitalize when they had the chance.

The better team won this series but the Nuggets have nothing to be ashamed of........:toast

Allanon
05-30-2009, 12:40 AM
The Nuggets did better than anyone, including me, thought they would do. I think their own immaturity, Karl's coaching decisions, stupid plays among other things hurt them. And you have to play your "A" game when you are facing a team like the Lakers. They had their opportunities but failed to capitalize when they had the chance.

The better team won this series but the Nuggets have nothing to be ashamed of........:toast

Well said, I was going to create a new thread to say something similar. They fought pretty long and hard in the Playoffs and didn't fold as quickly as everybody thought they would.

Nuggets were much better than I thought they were.

Medvedenko
05-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Dumb team don't make it to the finals.

TheSpursFNRule
05-30-2009, 02:59 AM
I'll bring the bait!

your signature blows my mind.

duncan228
05-30-2009, 03:03 AM
Post game, Karl apologized to Nuggets fans.

Denver coach George Karl said he's proud of his group and Friday's blowout loss was not characteristic of their season.

"I don't feel good about congratulating the Lakers but they are a great team," Karl said.

"In a strange way I was anxious throughout the series because I saw little cracks in the Lakers game and they cemented them back up and they are the best team in NBA.

"I coached a long time in this league and this has been a special season for me. I couldn't ask anything more from any guy in that locker room.

"Forget about tonight. Tonight wasn't Nugget basketball and I apologize to the fans.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127574

xtremesteven33
05-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Nuggets need to make trades for veteran championship role players such as Posey,SJAX, or maybe even Shaq who can give them a dominant inside presence....They have the talent to pull of these kind of trades...Unlike the Spurs :depressed

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-30-2009, 09:53 AM
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/carlos12806/damnthatsabigfish.jpg?t=1243694705

Allanon
05-30-2009, 10:08 AM
And maybe just maybe the Lakers aren't as good as you think they are...

ahhh...

forget it.... stupid comeback in 5 4 3 2 1

And maybe, just maybe you don't know jackshit? :lol

How 'bout them Nuggz in 5?

Dude the team in a close out situation had twenty turnovers. I think that I'm calling Denver in 5

How 'bout your Cavs? The "Fundamentally Flawed" Magic and Lakers are about to play in the Finals smart guy. Eat a dick Rodney, you're good at that. :lmao

Cavs Play D almost every minute of the game. No other team left in the Playoffs Plays D like them. I can't believe so many "learned" NBA guys just totally discount that MAJOR aspect of the game. Of a Match up. Of a series. Including Charles Barkley. In fact, since 1999 the winner of the NBA crown has been the team with the most conistant D-Fense.

The Magic being taken by a depleted Celtics Team to a seventh game shows a fundamental failure of their system just as it shows the Lakers having a fundamental flaw in the mixture. Yada Yada, Detroit, Blah Blah, Atlanta.... fucking guys and your "big brains"

And how does LeBron's cock taste while riding the Cavaliers Bandwagon?
The only thing pathetic is you... Night nigh enjoy your jack off fest... maybe one day you'll kiss a something other than The cock of Kobe...

SenorSpur
05-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Congrats to the Lakers on their 2009 Western Conference championship, but the Nuggets played crap in this game. Did they forget that defense wins championships? Anthony let Ariza go wild in the first half and Chauncey just threw up random shots that have a low percentage of going in. Just when everyone takes them seriously, they fuck it up with their defense, good job guys. Have fun fishing with us.

Exactly. I got sucked in by the Nuggets. I believed they had actually rid themselves of their high dumb-ass quotient. They let me down.

TheManFromAcme
05-30-2009, 11:45 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/sestft.jpg

What an ass-clown. Really...