PDA

View Full Version : Amare Compares Himself to Tim Duncan

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Suns' Stoudemire talks about future
by Paul Coro - May. 29, 2009 12:10 PM
The Arizona Republic

WASHINGTON - While appearing for The Vision Council, a group promoting eye protection, Suns star Amaré Stoudemire discussed his future Friday.

Besides questions about recovery from his damaged retina, Stoudemire addressed his career down the road. From February trade discussions to his ability to opt out from his Suns contract next summer, Stoudemire heard inquiries about his future in every NBA market that interviewed him on Friday.

• To a San Antonio TV station, "What are you trying to start a riot in Phoenix?" before adding, "You never know what will happen. If I'm not going to win a championship soon, I may have to part ways."

• To one in Atlanta, where he just visited, "They would love for me to be in Atlanta," but adding, "I still should be in Phoenix next season."

• He said he heard it most from New York and Chicago, telling a Chicago station, "Whatever team I go to, I hope they're ready for a championship run."

• To a D.C. radio station, there is a “50 percent chance” he would be with the Suns this fall.

For the Suns, a return to the playoffs is a goal that they hope to meet after having made Alvin Gentry their coach for at least the next two seasons.

"I'm a big-time Alvin Gentry fan," Stoudemire said. "That'll be a good look for us. He's more of a player's coach. He listens to the players and tries to implement that. I never had a chance to talk stuff out with other coaches. I look at a situation with Tim Duncan and (Spurs coach Gregg) Popovich and he was a friend to him and they became champions. I haven't had that yet."

This guy is such a fuckin retard.

xtremesteven33
05-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Hes not comparing himself to Duncan.....:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 08:09 AM

Yes he is, he's saying he never had the coach Duncan has, and he's implying that coaching is the only reason he hasn't accomplished what Duncan has.

benefactor
05-30-2009, 08:46 AM
lol Amare. "I need someone to be my friend for me to be successful."

:lmao

spursbird
05-30-2009, 09:18 AM
And he thought he's better than Bosh.:lmaoThe no.1 PF in history?

Summers
05-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes he is, he's saying he never had the coach Duncan has, and he's implying that coaching is the only reason he hasn't accomplished what Duncan has.

I think he's just being wistful. He's saying he'd like to have a relationship like that with a coach. Don't read so much into it. It was a complement.

angel_luv
05-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Hes not comparing himself to Duncan...

The thread title is misleading.

SenorSpur
05-30-2009, 10:41 AM

True. However in another interview, he did admit that he's better than Bosh.

SenorSpur
05-30-2009, 10:47 AM
• He said he heard it most from New York and Chicago, telling a Chicago station, "Whatever team I go to, I hope they're ready for a championship run."

"I'm a big-time Alvin Gentry fan," Stoudemire said. "That'll be a good look for us. He's more of a player's coach. He listens to the players and tries to implement that. I never had a chance to talk stuff out with other coaches. I look at a situation with Tim Duncan and (Spurs coach Gregg) Popovich and he was a friend to him and they became champions. I haven't had that yet."

I always knew that Amare was a dumb-ass, but everytime he opens his mouth, he just keeps taking it to another level. Here he is outright campaigning for a spot on the Knicks, yet by dishing out the love for Alvin Gentry, he's taking a backhand slap at his former coach, and current Knick coach, Mike D'AnToni.

Anybody remember that he was the one Suns player, who practically "drove the bus" over D'Antoni, while he was twisting in the wind last summer. Calling out the Suns lack of defensive commitment, when it was obvious that he was one of the main culprits.

CubanMustGo
05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
thread title sb "Amare compares his situation to Tim Duncan's." If that.

DxB
05-30-2009, 11:22 AM

haha it wasn't really a comparison you just overreacted! He's talking shit though, he had D'antoni for ages, who's a great coach and a nice enough person, so I don't really see his point.

rayray2k8
05-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Yo dumbass, he is not comparing himself to Duncan at all.. Next time pick a better title.
Like, "Amare in need of a friend." :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Yo dumbass, he is not comparing himself to Duncan at all.. Next time pick a better title.
Like, "Amare in need of a friend." :lmao

lol, yeah maybe that's a little better of a title.

What I find funny is Amare is so dumb that he's incapable of understanding that Duncan holds himself accountable and that's why Popovich has such a good relationship with him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 11:54 AM
What was by far the best line of the article that ranks right up there with some of the retarded things StandandAdmire has said:

"Whatever team I go to, I hope they're ready for a championship run."

endrity
05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Amare is simply one of the dumbest, yet cockiest players in the league. That's usually not a good combination.

lefty
05-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree

jag
05-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Amare's a stud on the offensive end...he's just not dedicated enough on the defensive end. Its sad to see, too...cause he's definitely got the tools to be a dominant force on both ends of the floor.

lefty
05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Amare's a stud on the offensive end...he's just not dedicated enough on the defensive end. Its sad to see, too...cause he's definitely got the tools to be a dominant force on both ends of the floor.
I agree 200%

jag
05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh, and it doesn't help that he's borderline retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, and it doesn't help that he's borderline retarded.

You might have just won the understatement of the year award.

DMX7
05-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Maybe but the comparison to Duncan is still a stretch at best.

baseline bum
05-30-2009, 02:33 PM
It just seemed like he was expressing appreciation for Gentry as someone who genuinely cares about his team and might be able to build real chemistry like Pop has done with the Spurs. I think Pop could have won at least one title with Nash, Stoudemire, and Joe Johnson (I think he would have insisted on moving that cancer Marion so they could keep Johnson in 05).

Spursfan092120
05-30-2009, 02:39 PM
To me it just seems like he wants to have what Dunc has...and who wouldn't? Dunc is a HOFer...period. He wants a coach who considers him a friend, and helps him...he's a whiner, that's for damn sure, but I wouldn't say he's comparing himself to Timmy skillwise..because he's not NEAR that level...I think even HE knows that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
To me it just seems like he wants to have what Dunc has...and who wouldn't? Dunc is a HOFer...period. He wants a coach who considers him a friend, and helps him...he's a whiner, that's for damn sure, but I wouldn't say he's comparing himself to Timmy skillwise..because he's not NEAR that level...I think even HE knows that.

You really underestimate Amar'''''''''e's stupidity.

The guy thinks he's the best player in the NBA. That's why he always blames teammates and coaches and never takes any blame for himself. He thinks he's perfect.

If you've read half as many post game interviews and watched half as many of his games as I have you would know where I'm coming from. Every time he shoots something close to the rim microphone, you can hear his AND1! cry. If he misses the shot he won't get back on defense and he'll yell at the ref.

Muser
05-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Amare is just a slightly smaller version of Dwight Howard, minus the Defense. Once he loses his speed and power he's gone.

Spursfan092120
05-30-2009, 05:31 PM
You really underestimate Amar'''''''''e's stupidity.

The guy thinks he's the best player in the NBA. That's why he always blames teammates and coaches and never takes any blame for himself. He thinks he's perfect.

If you've read half as many post game interviews and watched half as many of his games as I have you would know where I'm coming from. Every time he shoots something close to the rim microphone, you can hear his AND1! cry. If he misses the shot he won't get back on defense and he'll yell at the ref.
hmm...guess I could be wrong..lol

duncan228
05-30-2009, 07:58 PM
A little more Amare, with more on Duncan.

Hit the link for audio.

Amare Stoudemire Headed Out of Phoenix? (http:/butthegameison.com/blog/?p=8449)
Mark Travis

Phoenix Suns power forward Amare Stoudemire may have hinted his way out of Arizona in a recent interview with The Junkies on WJFK in Washington.

How would you feel about coming to Washington?

“I love DC, quote, end quote… I love DC, quote, end quote.”

How close are the Wizards to winning a title?

“You might just be a number one jersey away (one is the number Amare wears).”

On his chances he’ll be back in Phoenix this fall:

“I think it’s 50%.”

How likely is it that you come to DC?

“You know what, since I’ve been having a phenomenal time with you guys, you’re making it a lot better for me.”

Amare also gave a shot to San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan.

Is Tim Duncan a difficult defender for you to play against?

“Tim is not that hard, Tim is not that hard. I did average 38 in the playoffs, Western Conference playoffs against him…”

Biernutz
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Amare knows he is looking at years of rebuilding and that sucks. Should he stay or should he go? If I was him --I would pack my bag's. PHX sucks----

Thomas82
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Amare is just a slightly smaller version of Dwight Howard, minus the Defense. Once he loses his speed and power he's gone.

Can you believe they were calling him Amare "Chamberlain" in Phoenix about 4 years ago?

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2009, 10:26 PM
if amare learns to play defense, he be a different player than what he currently is...that is just the missin piece to his game, he doesnt have to be a top notch DPOY defense, just good man2man defense and he be good with that offensive game he has which is dunking and takin jump shots in his sweet spots which is around teh freethrow line.

Alot of the young bigs in todays league are just missing at least 1 thing to their game which could elevate their game to the next level, which is all teachable.

timtonymanu
05-31-2009, 12:34 AM

“Tim is not that hard, Tim is not that hard. I did average 38 in the playoffs, Western Conference playoffs against him…”

which is why ur team lost 3 times against the Spurs.

SouthTexasRancher
05-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Maybe if Amare would try to give a 100% each game instead of showing up for one game and then disappearing the next two. So much talent that goes wasted when it really counts.

Gino
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM
The Arizona Republic

WASHINGTON - While appearing for The Vision Council, a group promoting eye protection, Suns star Amaré Stoudemire discussed his future Friday.

Besides questions about recovery from his damaged retina, Stoudemire addressed his career down the road. From February trade discussions to his ability to opt out from his Suns contract next summer, Stoudemire heard inquiries about his future in every NBA market that interviewed him on Friday.

• To a San Antonio TV station, "What are you trying to start a riot in Phoenix?" before adding, "You never know what will happen. If I'm not going to win a championship soon, I may have to part ways."

• To one in Atlanta, where he just visited, "They would love for me to be in Atlanta," but adding, "I still should be in Phoenix next season."

• To a D.C. radio station, there is a “50 percent chance” he would be with the Suns this fall.

For the Suns, a return to the playoffs is a goal that they hope to meet after having made Alvin Gentry their coach for at least the next two seasons.

Um..what is it with this poster? He just bashes on Amare Stoudemire in every post.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 02:40 AM
which is why ur team lost 3 times against the Spurs.

You don't seem to understand the Amar""""e mindset that putting up good numbers is more important than doing what's best for your team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 02:42 AM
Um..what is it with this poster? He just bashes on Amare Stoudemire in every post.

Listen here faggot douche bandwagon Celtic fan with a faggot avatar to represent your gayness, I want Amar""""""e off the Suns simply cause I want the Suns to win a title, something they'll never do with Amare StandandAdmire on the team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Alot of the young bigs in todays league are just missing at least 1 thing to their game which could elevate their game to the next level, which is all teachable.

I wasn't aware that someone who is 26 and who's 7th season just ended is considered young. Please explain what makes Amar""""e young douche.

There's a reason why it was OK for Amar"""""e to pull this crap when he was 21, but now he's 26 and he's still doing it, enough is enough.

Blackjack
05-31-2009, 02:57 AM

He can't actually believe that, can he?

I mean, I realize a lot of unqualified people, working for some very well-known outlets, were saying how he was just dominating Duncan, and I realize it's become the perception over the years (largely because it's always gone unchallenged) but it's absolute garbage.

First off, Amare wasn't even Duncan's assignment for the majority of the time. Pop actually had Tim starting off on Richardson.

The Spurs allowed Nazr, Rasho, and Horry to play Amare just about straight-up for the majority of the time. Amare's scoring wasn't the concern of the coaching staff.

The Spurs' plan was to take away the 3-point shot and change the rhythm of their offense by making the Suns play more of an inside-out game, with a guy who hadn't the understanding of, "out." Amare got his points but the Spurs' stategy got them a 4-1 series win.

Secondly, Do people forget the type of shape Tim was in?

The guy badly sprains his ankle three times during the season, enters the playoffs after just returning from the latest sprain, then, sprains the other ankle to end the Sonics series. Yeah, I know if that happened to me I'd be ready to go defend a 7-sec.-or-less Suns team, who's most athleticism resided in the frontcourt. Sounds just peachy.;)

Look, Amare's a hell of an athlete with great hands and a soft touch but to say Tim is not that hard to play against, and use '05 as your proof, is an absolute joke. I wonder if this guy even realizes that it's not the "norm" to get spoon-fed by one of the games great point-guards and be given the advantage of having his defenders on their heels/rotating, just about every time he's in scoring position.

Tim, on about half an ankle, put up something like 27 and 14 in that series and was a good fourth-quarter in game-four, of advancing with a sweep.

Tim and the Spurs got the stops and scores when they needed to, and Amare would be wise to, recognize, acknowledge, and learn from it.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2009, 05:11 AM
Here's all I need to know about Amare.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/WhoHePlayFor.jpg

Summers
05-31-2009, 09:25 AM

Enough said. That's probably what TD did when he read that quote.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM

I mean, I realize a lot of unqualified people, working for some very well-known outlets, were saying how he was just dominating Duncan, and I realize it's become the perception over the years (largely because it's always gone unchallenged) but it's absolute garbage.

First off, Amare wasn't even Duncan's assignment for the majority of the time. Pop actually had Tim starting off on Richardson.

The Spurs allowed Nazr, Rasho, and Horry to play Amare just about straight-up for the majority of the time. Amare's scoring wasn't the concern of the coaching staff.

The Spurs' plan was to take away the 3-point shot and change the rhythm of their offense by making the Suns play more of an inside-out game, with a guy who hadn't the understanding of, "out." Amare got his points but the Spurs' stategy got them a 4-1 series win.

The guy badly sprains his ankle three times during the season, enters the playoffs after just returning from the latest sprain, then, sprains the other ankle to end the Sonics series. Yeah, I know if that happened to me I'd be ready to go defend a 7-sec.-or-less Suns team, who's most athleticism resided in the frontcourt. Sounds just peachy.;)

Look, Amare's a hell of an athlete with great hands and a soft touch but to say Tim is not that hard to play against, and use '05 as your proof, is an absolute joke. I wonder if this guy even realizes that it's not the "norm" to get spoon-fed by one of the games great point-guards and be given the advantage of having his defenders on their heels/rotating, just about every time he's in scoring position.

Tim, on about half an ankle, put up something like 27 and 14 in that series and was a good fourth-quarter in game-four, of advancing with a sweep.

Tim and the Spurs got the stops and scores when they needed to, and Amare would be wise to, recognize, acknowledge, and learn from it.

The big difference IMO is Tim's presence on the court opens things up for his teammates. Amar"""e's presence takes his teammates out of rhythm. Brent Barry and Robert Horry didn't create their own wide open shots in 2005 and we all know that.

spurtech09
05-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Stoudemire if you want to win a championship come join the spurs.....duncan and Stoudemire would be lethal.....

E20
05-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Amare makes the Suns look like fucktards, oh wait they are.

samikeyp
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Normally I would say Amare wishes he was TD but he is too stupid to figure that out.

taps
05-31-2009, 10:29 PM
lol

the funny thing about this thread is nobody disagrees the point that Black Jesuz is an absolute fucktard

mingus
05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
in a game of one-on-one they'd both give eachother problems on the defensive end . Amare is probably too quick , Duncan too big . but basketball isn't a game of one-on-one . Duncan is better at orchestrating an offense and playing great D . can't say Amare can do any of that .

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Normally I would say Amare wishes he was TD but he is too stupid to figure that out.

In his mind TD wishes he was Amare.

Blackjack
06-01-2009, 12:27 AM
The big difference IMO is Tim's presence on the court opens things up for his teammates. Amar"""e's presence takes his teammates out of rhythm. Brent Barry and Robert Horry didn't create their own wide open shots in 2005 and we all know that.

I was objecting to Amare saying that Tim wasn't hard to score on, I didn't really think it was necessary to compare them as players.

The difference between Tim and Amare(and a alot of other gifted scorers/defenders that have come through the league) is that, while they might be good/great on offense or defense, Tim is an offense/defense. He's the definition of a pivot, even if he did it as a power-forward.;)

Rogue
06-01-2009, 12:31 AM
the comparision between TD and Amar'e is exactly like that of Jordan and Kobe, neither deserves any debate.

samikeyp
06-01-2009, 07:15 AM
In his mind TD wishes he was Amare.

Then he wakes up, realizes who he is and knows it was just a bad dream.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Then he wakes up, realizes who he is and knows it was just a bad dream.

Maybe I phrased it wrong I meant to say in Amare's mind TD wishes he was Amare.

samikeyp
06-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe I phrased it wrong I meant to say in Amare's mind TD wishes he was Amare.

Ahh. Yes, that I would agree with. :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
He wasn't comparing himself to TD and he didn't come across like a retard. I thought what he said made sense.

GSH
06-01-2009, 12:31 PM

Exactly. Every time I start to think Amare might be growing up a little bit, he does or says something like this.

Here's a fun mental exercise: See if you can picture any commentator asking any player, "Is Amare Stoudamire a difficult defender for you to play against?" Yeah, it took me three or four tries before I could do it too. And I can only picture the player getting a puzzled look and saying, "Huh?"

Amare's best bet would be to follow Mike D'Antoni to New York. Because until he figures out that there are two ends to a basketball court, he's only going to be suited to a run-and-gun team.

Jose Ole
06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Black Jesus Lord Knows... about says it all.

SpursWench21
06-01-2009, 06:27 PM

:lmao+1

raspsa
06-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Amare stands for everything that is anti-Spur.

Bukefal
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM

He was wishing it my friend. he just has envy.

:repost:

I think he's just being wistful. He's saying he'd like to have a relationship like that with a coach. Don't read so much into it. It was a complement.

Spur-Addict
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
the comparision between TD and Amar'e is exactly like that of Jordan and Kobe, neither deserves any debate.

peskypesky
06-01-2009, 10:11 PM
:wgaf:

pauls931
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
The Arizona Republic

And the award for the shittiest suns fan goes to...

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
amare on the spurs for bonner,vaughn,finley,oberto?

Taking it to the Hole
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM

I guess you just can't coach a player to not be LAZY??? :huh

mingus
06-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Amare is moron :lmao

check this out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjgTZ2PHDU

reason Amare hasn't had a friend-coach is probably because he hasn't reached a certain level of maturity that you have to have in order for a coach to be able to take you seriously ... he's to blame himself for that , not the fact that he said he hasn't had the opportunity .

Behrooz24
06-01-2009, 11:41 PM
nga plz!

spurspokesman
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM

Nope. It's sort of A compliment.:toast