PDA

View Full Version : What should the Suns Do With Amare?

layupdrill
05-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Amare Stoudemire and a live microphone can be a dangerous combination at times. As we reported earlier today (http://layupdrill.com/2009/05/grizzlies-getting-trade-offers-for-2nd-pick), Amare Stoudemire told reporters theres a 50/50 chance he stays in Phoenix. He has told anyone who would listen that he would love to play in New York, and reunite with Mike D’Antoni. Knicks fans know that next summer New York will be making a major push to land either Dwyane Wade or Lebron James, but both would want a big man to come in with them. For months Chris Bosh was the name mentioned. Amare thinks they are wrong. The NY Post reports today that Amare said he is “very serious” about his consideration of going to the Knicks. Two questions arise from this. First, if you are the Suns, do you start making serious calls to teams in the top three picks in the draft and dangle Amare as a carrot for a trade? If the Suns are trying to win now, then it would not make sense to do that. If they decide lets rebuild now, Amare and Shaq could both be gone. A team like the Wizards, who are in need of a dominant post player like Stoudemire may listen to a deal that would include sending JaVale McGee, Andrey Blatche and the Wizards 5th pick to Phoenix for Stoudemire and the Suns 14th pick overall.
Another interesting irony to this whole story would be if Stoudemire, who told ESPN Radio in New York he was “better than Chris Bosh”, wound up getting dealt for him. The Raptors still feel confident they can, and will come to terms with Bosh this summer. However, if they are not able to, rather than see him leave and get nothing in return, do you do a blockbuster deal with the Raptors and bring in STAT for CB4? If you were the Suns, what would you do?
There will be teams interested in Amare this summer, whether its the Pistons, Hawks, Grizzlies, or the two teams I mentioned above. Phoenix has to decide whether they want to gamble for the sake of winning now, or start establishing the future.

(http://layupdrill.com/2009/05/should-the-suns-trade-amare-now/)
-Source- (http://layupdrill.com/2009/05/should-the-suns-trade-amare-now/)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Trade the idiot before teams realize that eye injury is career threatening.

layupdrill
05-30-2009, 03:04 PM
That, along with the fact his fragile and doesn't seem to be too happy being in Phoenix, are reasons I would move him quicker than Shaq right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Why is the option of not blowing up the entire team available?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 03:20 PM
That, along with the fact his fragile and doesn't seem to be too happy being in Phoenix

he's never going to be happy anywhere. When he goes to a new team he'll be talking about how if he won't succeed there he'll go elsewhere.

jag
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Keep everyone for one more year and try to make a run. They had some momentum at the end of this season without Amare. Spend this offseason trying to incorporate Amare into the offense (and defense) and work on developing team chemistry. No reason to blow it up yet.

layupdrill
05-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Why is the option of not blowing up the entire team available?
that would be other lol

poop
05-30-2009, 03:29 PM
give him a good education, perhaps teach him to read

jag
05-30-2009, 03:33 PM

He actually went to school and got his college degree...all of this was of his own accord. He's probably more educated than you.

21_Blessings
05-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Amare/Lebron in New York should be fun to watch.

jag
05-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Amare/Lebron in New York should be fun to watch.

It was strange seeing Jay Z and those Yankees players at the Cavs last game. It was like a big recruiting trip.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 04:32 PM

He probably needs to learn the alphabet first.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 05:12 PM
:lol, a D.C. radio reported a trade that they claim has already been agreed to and was "leaked" where the Suns trade Amare to Washington for Caron Butler, Nick Young, Javale McGee and their 2010 unprotected first round pick.

I wish.

Ghazi
05-30-2009, 05:13 PM
keep him. get rid of the canadian cancer who has been holding back Amare all this time and watch Amare flourish into an all-NBA caliber defensive player

:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 05:16 PM
keep him. get rid of the canadian cancer who has been holding back Amare all this time and watch Amare flourish into an all-NBA caliber defensive player

:rolleyes

At least you realize that Amar""""e's claim that Nash is the reason he sucks at defense is incredibly stupid.

Muser
05-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Keep everyone for one more year and try to make a run. They had some momentum at the end of this season without Amare. Spend this offseason trying to incorporate Amare into the offense (and defense) and work on developing team chemistry. No reason to blow it up yet.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

E20
05-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Trade Amare and Shaq. Build around Nash, he is clearly their future.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 05:39 PM

That's dumber than half the crap Amar"""""e said.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I would be in support of signing him to a maximum extension and then trading him to the Clippers. He's going to be a no-name by the time he's 30 (write it down, take a picture, it's a certainty), and this way Suns nation can watch his career crumble and get some sort of satisfaction as their team is crumbling.

mingus
05-30-2009, 06:01 PM
trade Amare and Shaq for Dwight Howard , Gortat and Pietrus ...

i know , i'm not very good at coming up with realisitc trade scenarios , but the basic idea for the Suns is to somehow acquire a defensive-minded , athletic Center to play with Nash .

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
trade Amare and Shaq for Dwight Howard , Gortat and Pietrus ...

i know , i'm not very good at coming up with realisitc trade scenarios , but the basic idea for the Suns is to somehow acquire a defensive-minded , athletic Center to play with Nash .

Or to just get rid of the entire team rather than attempt to half-ass the rebuilding process like they've tried to do unsuccessfully for 40 years.

Ghazi
05-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Amare for Crawford/Randolph/7th pick from Warriors would be ideal!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Amare for Crawford/Randolph/7th pick from Warriors would be ideal!

yeah it actually would be. If Crawford turned into Turiaf even more so.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
After these comments though it would really be great if Amar''''''''''''e got in a car accident and that was that.

bringbackmario
05-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Take him out back and beat him with a hose!

baseline bum
05-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Blow it up. The Suns have been cursed since they lost the coin flip to Milwaukee to draft Lew Alcindor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Blow it up. The Suns have been cursed since they lost the coin flip to Milwaukee to draft Lew Alcindor.

Imagine the 1993 Suns if they had David Robinson instead of Kurt Rambis who they traded Armen Gilliam for:

Kevin Johnson
Thunder Dan
Richard Dumas
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

The 1993 Bulls were good but dam idk if they would have been able to beat that.

baseline bum
05-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Imagine the 1993 Suns if they had David Robinson instead of Kurt Rambis who they traded Armen Gilliam for:

Kevin Johnson
Thunder Dan
Richard Dumas
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

The 1993 Bulls were good but dam idk if they would have been able to beat that.

Or imagine the 93 Spurs if Red McCombs didn't punk out and refuse to pay a second superstar contract when the Spurs were talking about trading Terry Cummings and Willie Anderson to Philly

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

with Antoine Carr off the bench.

angelbelow
05-30-2009, 06:50 PM
i thought about it for a few minutes, but i realized i dont give a shit.

layupdrill
05-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Some of these "ideas" for the suns franchise are so crazy in here they might work. lol

The wizards/suns trade is one being rumored though with the wiz number 5 pick being in play

kamikazi_player
05-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Well Well Well, if it isn't Amare's #1 fan :lol

JustBlaze
05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Easy, trade him to us for Kmart.:hat

poop
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
surgically remove tim duncans brain and implant it into the empty space in amares skull. he'd be a 30-14-6-3-2 guy next year for the spurs

duncan228
05-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Hit the link for audio.

Amare Stoudemire Headed Out of Phoenix? (http:/butthegameison.com/blog/?p=8449)
Mark Travis

Phoenix Suns power forward Amare Stoudemire may have hinted his way out of Arizona in a recent interview with The Junkies on WJFK in Washington.

How would you feel about coming to Washington?

“I love DC, quote, end quote… I love DC, quote, end quote.”

How close are the Wizards to winning a title?

“You might just be a number one jersey away (one is the number Amare wears).”

On his chances he’ll be back in Phoenix this fall:

“I think it’s 50%.”

How likely is it that you come to DC?

“You know what, since I’ve been having a phenomenal time with you guys, you’re making it a lot better for me.”

Amare also gave a shot to San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan.

Is Tim Duncan a difficult defender for you to play against?

“Tim is not that hard, Tim is not that hard. I did average 38 in the playoffs, Western Conference playoffs against him…”

KidCongo
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Cleveland will take him off your hands.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 02:48 AM

Good luck with that. That team could use another pompous self-promoting front runner that hasn't accomplished shit (I'm referring to Mo williams not Lebron), StandandAdmire would be a perfect fit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 02:54 AM
“Tim is not that hard, Tim is not that hard. I did average 38 in the playoffs, Western Conference playoffs against him…”

Who's team won the series you retarded pile of fuck.

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 02:56 AM
Good luck with that. That team could use another pompous self-promoting front runner that hasn't accomplished shit (I'm referring to Mo williams not Lebron), StandandAdmire would be a perfect fit.

Lebron/Amare pick and roll would be unstoppable!

Chieflion
05-31-2009, 05:20 AM
Complete blowup of that team. Not sure how to get the value of Stoudemire and
Shaq. Maybe keep them and trade Richardson.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 07:51 AM

I don't see any young talent on the Cavs that the Suns would want. If Spur fans are right about the Pau Gasol trade being rigged (bullshit) then the Cavs might be in luck, otherwise I don't see it.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Amare and Lebron in NY would be downright scary. I guess I'd prefer to keep the team together, but if anyone makes a good offer for Amare and/or Nash I'd consider it. Kerr and Sarver are amazing. I can't believe how the turned a near contender into complete shit in such a short period of time. Phoenix had the best record in the west when they did their experiment and *KABOOM* crap.

I'd love for both nash and amare to go to NY, but I don't think dantoni wants to build around an old guard. Nash has value to a team that's right there and needs help. Oddly enough maybe denver...

KidCongo
05-31-2009, 08:39 AM

Well they would win.

KidCongo
05-31-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't see any young talent on the Cavs that the Suns would want. If Spur fans are right about the Pau Gasol trade being rigged (bullshit) then the Cavs might be in luck, otherwise I don't see it.

Yep we got no hope for a player like that. Cavs are looking at an AK 47 type player.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Yep we got no hope for a player like that. Cavs are looking at an AK 47 type player.

That might help, but it seems like a dominate big is what you need. AK47 seems soft talent wise to me. You need someone in the post that demands a double team.

Chieflion
05-31-2009, 08:51 AM
That might help, but it seems like a dominate big is what you need. AK47 seems soft talent wise to me. You need someone in the post that demands a double team.
Shoot, I just thought of something that would remind the Cavs of the old days. Carlos Boozer. *Runs away and hide*

KidCongo
05-31-2009, 08:52 AM

Amare would be dominant next to LeBron James.

I mean Pheonix should really accept a Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson! (DOK should get a laugh) and Sasha Pavlovic + future first rounders that will be in the 20's deal for Amare. Some Cavs fans are holding out hope for a miracle deal.

Getting a bit off-topic.

Send Shaq to a contender. Play out Nash's contract. Trade Amare for high picks + young talent.

Muser
05-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Is Tim Duncan a difficult defender for you to play against?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Does he have one brain cell? You can't defend jack shit you dumbass.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Amare would be dominant next to LeBron James.

I mean Pheonix should really accept a Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson! (DOK should get a laugh) and Sasha Pavlovic + future first rounders that will be in the 20's deal for Amare. Some Cavs fans are holding out hope for a miracle deal.

Getting a bit off-topic.

Send Shaq to a contender. Play out Nash's contract. Trade Amare for high picks + young talent.

I wish I could go in a time machine and tell the suns to trade amare for dhow a couple years back.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Well Well Well, if it isn't Amare's #1 fan :lol

I swear DoK is either the mother of all Trolls or needs to go for another team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I swear DoK is either the mother of all Trolls or needs to go for another team.

I'm pretty sure Amare could rape your wife and you'd find a way to defend it.

redzero
05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
They should trade him for David West, in my completely unbiased opinion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:08 PM
I mean Pheonix should really accept a Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson! (DOK should get a laugh) and Sasha Pavlovic + future first rounders that will be in the 20's deal for Amare..

Yeah you fuckin retard I'm sure the Suns want no future assets whatsoever when they trade Amare. I know you Cleveland homers that didn't watch basketball before they drafted Lebron think JJ "4 points per game" Hickson and Sasha "Useless douche" Pavlovic are future studs but they aren't.

Double-Up
05-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Who's team won the series you retarded pile of fuck.

That's a new one. :lol

KSeal
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Daisy fucking Dukes....

Jeremy
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
I voted "Keep everyone 1 more year"--but only because we will have tons of salary cap space next summer if we do that. Not that the Suns are smart enough to land somebody like Lebron or anything, though...