and Jordan

and Malone

and Nash

and Garnett

and Robinson

and... well, shut the fuck

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 02:09 AM
Also, though both their teams appeared unstoppable, they both went out in series that finished 4-2 (ending in blowout fashion) to teams that proved to be nightmare matchups in the regular and postseason.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 02:09 AM
Well at least LBJ made it out of the first round. The streak of MVPs who didn't go on to win the title is getting pretty long. Duncan in 03 the last to do it?

21_Blessings
05-31-2009, 02:10 AM
The King of Nothing.

DPG21920
05-31-2009, 02:12 AM
RSX looking more like a Honda Civic right about now.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:13 AM
RSX looking more like a Honda Civic right about now.

Hahaha? Sorry, try again.

E20
and Duncan

and Jordan

and Malone

and Nash

and Garnett

and Robinson

/thread

RsxPiimp
and Duncan -Champion

and Jordan-Champion

and Malone

and Nash

and Garnett-Champion

and Robinson-Champion

:lol

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Cle didn't really look unstoppable, they just looked like one of the 2-3 best teams in the NBA.

DAL didn't really look unstoppable either, they just looked like one of the 2-3 best teams in the NBA.

Keep in mind 2 of Orlando's wins were coin flips that could have gone either way (same with the Cavs Game 2 win). This series was a few shots away from having a totally different vibe. But you still come away thinking Orlando was the better team, and they ARE the better team.

I gave Cleveland too much credit. My mind kept telling me to regard the fact that their 2nd banana is Mo fucking Williams and that they lack paint production and were poor against elite teams, but the stats and results were solid overall.

E20

?

None of those players made it to the finals in their seasons when they won an MVP. So that elite club has other members besides Dirk and Lebron; which also dismantles your OP.

RsxPiimp
http://www.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-08/3129Cavs-Fishing-1.jpg

Ghazi

That's besides the point.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:16 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH08.jpg

sprrs
05-31-2009, 02:16 AM

So if either one does happen to win the championship eventually (Who can say about Dirk, but Lebron most certainly will at some point in his career), they get off the list?

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:17 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH09.jpg

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:18 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH06.jpg

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:18 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH04.jpg

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:19 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH03.jpg

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Cle didn't really look unstoppable, they just looked like one of the 2-3 best teams in the NBA.

DAL didn't really look unstoppable either, they just looked like one of the 2-3 best teams in the NBA.

Keep in mind 2 of Orlando's wins were coin flips that could have gone either way (same with the Cavs Game 2 win). This series was a few shots away from having a totally different vibe. But you still come away thinking Orlando was the better team, and they ARE the better team.

I gave Cleveland too much credit. My mind kept telling me to regard the fact that their 2nd banana is Mo fucking Williams and that they lack paint production and were poor against elite teams, but the stats and results were solid overall.

They were both at different points regarded as the best team in the league and went on ridiculous runs. Cleveland had many games where the starters weren't needed for the entire 4th quarter. The main thing Orlando established, just like Golden State in 2007, is that it was the better team. The comebacks they had at the "Q" after slow starts proved that.

Cleveland would've faired better against Boston, but by the luck of the draw they got a matchup nightmare in Orlando.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:22 AM
http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/LeBron-James-is-a-crying-baby.jpg

KSeal
05-31-2009, 02:32 AM
Cleveland would've faired better against Boston, but by the luck of the draw they got a matchup nightmare in Orlando.

Even Boston with KG would have been a better match up for them as last year showed. But if the Magic had a bad game 7 @ Boston and Boston found it within themselves to win that game I truly believe Boston would have been swept by the Cavs. They had nothing left in the tank at that point and had no hope without KG against the Cavs. But the Cavs got a tough match up, that's just how it goes.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 02:33 AM
Even Boston with KG would have been a better match up for them as last year showed. But if the Magic had a bad game 7 @ Boston and Boston found it within themselves to win that game I truly believe Boston would have been swept by the Cavs. They had nothing left in the tank at that point and had no hope without KG against the Cavs. But the Cavs got a tough match up, that's just how it goes.

Agreed. Boston was exhausted (as well as KG-less to boot) and the Cavs were fresh. I too think it would've been a clean sweep, easily.

Ice009
05-31-2009, 02:36 AM
They were both at different points regarded as the best team in the league and went on ridiculous runs. Cleveland had many games where the starters weren't needed for the entire 4th quarter. The main thing Orlando established, just like Golden State in 2007, is that it was the better team. The comebacks they had at the "Q" after slow starts proved that.

I think Boston might still have been the best team had KG been healthy enough to play. Do you think Boston would have been better with KG or would the other role players not have played as well if he was playing?

BRHornet45
05-31-2009, 02:37 AM
sons at least Lebron doesn't knock up convicted felon crackheads.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2009, 02:38 AM

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 02:48 AM
I think Boston might still have been the best team had KG been healthy enough to play. Do you think Boston would have been better with KG or would the other role players not have played as well if he was playing?

I was actually asking myself the same question when you posted the overall point regarding Boston in another thread. I think it's more a question of what rotations would Rivers have gone with had KG been available and whose playing time would have suffered? When Powe went out, you had to have Scalibrini in who brings a different skillset to the table....not the traditional big. I liked the fact that Davis and Perkins began developing range on their jumpshots and decent games in the paint (Perkins more of a post game and Davis more of a face up player). The other question to ponder is would Rondo have taken as many chances as he did offensively if KG were in? Would he have been as inclined to look for his shot when penetrating the lane whereas he usually throws an alley-oop or looks to dump the ball off. In the long run, KG's absence will likely help with the team's overall growth and flexibility, but I think they missed his presence on defense and the scoring option he presented.

mavs>spurs2
05-31-2009, 03:01 AM

son your sig is definitely something i'd knock up

duncan228
05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
?

None of those players made it to the finals in their seasons when they won an MVP. So that elite club has other members besides Dirk and Lebron; which also dismantles your OP.

Duncan made it to, and won, the Finals in '03, the second of his MVP years. He didn't make it to the Finals in his first MVP year in '02, but he doesn't belong in that club.

:)

Jacob1983
05-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Why hate on Dirk and Lebron? They're both MVP calibur players who got all the way to the Finals but fell a little short.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2009, 03:25 AM
Switch Kobe with LeBron and imagine how awesomely devastating the Lakers would be.

While Kobe on the Cavs would be going out in the first round, pouting and throwing his teammates under the bus, as he has done in the past.

Give credit to LeBron for taking his very underwhelming squad so far in the playoffs.

duncan228
05-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Duncan in 03 the last to do it?

Yup. The perfect storm. MVP, Champion, Finals MVP.

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Switch Kobe with LeBron and imagine how awesomely devastating the Lakers would be.

While Kobe on the Cavs would be going out in the first round, pouting and throwing his teammates under the bus, as he has done in the past.

Give credit to LeBron for taking his very underwhelming squad so far in the playoffs.

To the fucking Pistons dude?

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2009, 03:34 AM
To the fucking Pistons dude?
They've managed to get beaten the by Suns in the past, which is an even worse showing than a possible dismissal by this year's dismal Piston's team.

You can thank the Gasol trade for changing the Lakers playoff trajectory.

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Swap Kobe w/ Lebron and Cavs still beat Pistons/Hawks

jonnybravo
05-31-2009, 04:54 AM
They've managed to get beaten the by Suns in the past, which is an even worse showing than a possible dismissal by this year's dismal Piston's team.

You can thank the Gasol trade for changing the Lakers playoff trajectory.

The 60+ win Suns that was an Horry hip check from a finals berth? A rebound away with a roster that started Kwame fucking Brown and Smush Parker?

You god damn dumb twat. Not even a Spurs fan would defend you. Fucking monkey.

ginobili's bald spot
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM

WOWWWWW. That post was beyond idiotic.

Ice009
05-31-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm going to have to say that I thought that Suns team was pretty good. I really thought they could have won a Championship or two.

I don't think this season's Pistons team was anywhere near those Suns teams.

Basketballgirl25
05-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Lebron is better then Dirk hands down, but it just shows both Lebron and Dirk can't win it by themselves, well unless they are playing each other's team then maybe, hahaha

KSeal
05-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Yup. The perfect storm. MVP, Champion, Finals MVP.

This is pretty rare as of late. You'd think since they usually just give the player on the supposed best team the award it would happen more.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm going to have to say that I thought that Suns team was pretty good. I really thought they could have won a Championship or two.

When's the last time a run-and-gun team won an NBA title? Or even made it to the finals?

Phoenix were regular season wonders, an illusion to excite the fanboys and little else. Completely exposed and demolished by the Spurs.

Ice009
05-31-2009, 08:42 AM
When's the last time a run-and-gun team won an NBA title? Or even made it to the finals?

Phoenix were regular season wonders, an illusion to excite the fanboys and little else. Completely exposed and demolished by the Spurs.

I agree with all that you said, but who else could have exposed the Suns or beaten them apart from the Spurs?

If they had Amare in 2006 against the Mavs they may have won and gone onto the finals and beaten the Heat. 2007 I think they were pretty good then too and could have won it all if they made the finals. 2005 I guess you could say it would have been tough for them to beat the Pistons, but they still would have had a chance.

Spurs Brazil
05-31-2009, 09:06 AM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

resistanze
05-31-2009, 09:11 AM

LMAO.

Only thing that saved this fail thread.

monosylab1k
05-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Also, though both their teams appeared unstoppable, they both went out in series that finished 4-2 (ending in blowout fashion) to teams that proved to be nightmare matchups in the regular and postseason.

Also, Mickael Pietrus on both of those teams. F that guy.

monosylab1k
05-31-2009, 10:16 AM

LOLOLOLOL greatest pic ever.

Indazone
05-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice photoshop fishing pics :tu

baseline bum
05-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Dallas didn't look unstoppable with that greatest 56-game streak in NBA history?

baseline bum
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
The 60+ win Suns that was an Horry hip check from a finals berth? A rebound away with a roster that started Kwame fucking Brown and Smush Parker?

You god damn dumb twat. Not even a Spurs fan would defend you. Fucking monkey.

What are you talking about? LA lost in 5 to that team. The Tim Thomas 3 was in 2006, for a Suns team minus their at worst #2 guy in Amare. And while the 2007 Suns got screwed by a stupid technicality for game 5, they were still 2-3 the other 5 games of the series, including dropping the opener at home.

Cry Havoc
05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Swap Kobe w/ Lebron and Cavs still beat Pistons/Hawks

+1

It's not like going from LeBron to Kobe is going to drop a series from a sweep to a win for the other team. :rolleyes

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Also, Mickael Pietrus on both of those teams. F that guy.

That dudes awesome!

poop
05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
The 60+ win Suns that was an Horry hip check from a finals berth?

:rolleyes
oh lord, not this shit again.

the Buns had HCA, yet never led the series, lost in 6 not 7, and got beat 3 times with their full team. the better team won the series, and if you dont beleive that then just look at '05 and '08 where the same spurs raped the same Buns even more badly.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Ditty
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
and Duncan

and Jordan

and Malone

and Nash

and Garnett

and Robinson

he more bragging about the records of these teams then the mvp in my guess lol i think its hilarious