PDA

View Full Version : Must Admit...

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm rooting for the Magic now, but I thought there wasn't a snowball's chance in HELL they were getting to the Finals without Jameer healthy. I think that trade for Rafer was bigger than people give it credit for. Imagine having to go with a backcourt of Anthony Johnson and Tyron Lue? Nothing against AJ, he's a good backup, but that would've been a hell of a task.

quickerblade
05-31-2009, 03:09 AM
i just realised its 2 games at LA then 3 games at Orlando, geez, Orlando really does have a chance.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2009, 03:13 AM
Trade FOR Rafer was HUGE, me and my boy just talked about this today, without that there is no way they make it here.

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 03:14 AM
That was a good trade for them. Alston is an average starting PG but Johnson is a terrible starting PG, so its an upgrade.

Both have been "decent" so far in the playoffs.

Man I really wish they had Jameer! Dude was shooting 50% from the field and 45% from the arc!!

KSeal
05-31-2009, 03:16 AM
i just realised its 2 games at LA then 3 games at Orlando, geez, Orlando really does have a chance.

WTF, the 2-3-2 puts the road team at even more of a disadvantage then the 2-2-1-1-1 format. Winning three games in a row against a team as equal as you is a very tough thing to do. Having a game 6 and 7 seven at home is huge. The Lakers have won a game on the road every series and two on the road in the last series against a team that had won 16 straight at home. I find it hard to believe LA can't win one in Orlando.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2009, 03:16 AM
Must admit the Lakers are the best team remaining and are the overwhelming favorite to win the title. Any number of shooting guards could win with a lineup as stacked (rigged?) as the Lakers, so if Kobe can't pull this off his legacy will be very much in question.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 03:21 AM
Matchups I'm really look forward to watching:

Kobe vs. Pietrus

Ariza vs. Lewis

KSeal
05-31-2009, 03:23 AM
Must admit the Lakers are the best team remaining and are the overwhelming favorite to win the title. Any number of shooting guards could win with a lineup as stacked (rigged?) as the Lakers, so if Kobe can't pull this off his legacy will be very much in question.

I agree. When the Lakers are playing up to their potential like the last game against the Nuggets, they are far and away the best team in the NBA. But when they play down to their competition like in games 4 and 6 against Houston, well, they suck.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Matchups I'm really look forward to watching:

Kobe vs. Pietrus

Ariza vs. Lewis

Last season the Magic traded Ariza for absolutely nothing, now he is a stud. HE WANTS REVENGE!!!! :lol

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 03:25 AM
I was thinkin about just a few minutes ago Bet the Magic will feel pretty dumb if Ariza goes off this series

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 03:26 AM
Last season the Magic traded Ariza for absolutely nothing, now he is a stud. HE WANTS REVENGE!!!! :lol

LOL...and the Magic franchise want revenge for the Shaq signing. :lol

KSeal
05-31-2009, 03:29 AM
LOL...and the Magic franchise want revenge for the Shaq signing. :lol

:lol Fuck, I forgot about that one.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 03:31 AM
:lol Fuck, I forgot about that one.

Credit Budkin for that nugget. I'm sure the owner of the Magic is reminding his players about it. This series may not be "LeBron vs. Kobe," but it has good storylines that you don't have to dig too far to uncover.

Dim Tuncan
05-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Magic in 6.

But I'm over my early-2000s Laker hatred and will actually (gasp) be sort of happy for Kobe is he gets a post-Shaq ring.

ginobili's bald spot
05-31-2009, 03:56 AM

What? The 2-3-2 format is a huge advantage for the team with home court. The lakers may lose but it sure as hell won't be because of that.