PDA

View Full Version : Who in the west will make the playoffs next year?

pauls931
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
My slam dunk guesses.

LA (a gimme)
Denver (despite being dumb, enough talent)
Portland (on the rise)
Spurs (if healthy)
Dallas (this is close)
Houston (good teamwork)

fighting to get in.

Phoenix (either they will suck ass or be damn good)
Utah (healthy?)
Golden State (a full season of Ellis?)
New Orleans (exposed this year)
Oklahoma

pure shit

Sacramento
Clippers
Wolves (I think they're in the west, don't hear much about them)
Memphis

BlackSwordsMan
05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
phx 2010 WCF champs

Armando
05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
There is bound to be a team that made the West playoffs that will be out next season. My best guess will be Dallas. Don't kid yourself the Thunder,Warriors and Memphis may not be good enough yet to grab a playoff spot but they will still be improved. And who knows might even play spoiler.

Findog
05-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Repost in October.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 10:05 AM
I think Utah and Dallas are the teams that may have trouble getting in. But I think Dallas is put together well enough that they'll get in as a low seed again. Utah has me wondering about them. And with Phoenix I have no idea what team is going to show up to play next year. They have as much talent as any team, but the chemistry experiments totally fucked them up. New Orleans makes me wonder too.

Armando
05-31-2009, 10:12 AM
I think Utah and Dallas are the teams that may have trouble getting in. But I think Dallas is put together well enough that they'll get in as a low seed again. Utah has me wondering about them. And with Phoenix I have no idea what team is going to show up to play next year. They have as much talent as any team, but the chemistry experiments totally fucked them up. New Orleans makes me wonder too.

I agree with the Suns. Who knows what Kerr will do? The Hornets I am not sold on them. They were exposed as a 1 man team by Denver.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Lakers
Nuggets
Blazers
Rockets
Spurs
Jazz
I don't know the other two. Maybe Dallas or Phoenix or NO or the Warriors and I'm about to take a homer pick, maybe the Clippers, it could happen, they've got talent.

Lars
05-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Hornets are probably gonna be worse. They are gonna lose a major piece.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Hornets are probably gonna be worse. They are gonna lose a major piece.

David West to the Cavs? :lol I wonder how much better that would actually make them.

monosylab1k
05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
1. Lakers
2. Denver
3. Portland
4. Houston
5. San Antonio
6. New Orleans
7. Oklahoma City
8. Dallas

Bubble teams that might take the 8 spot are Phoenix, Clippers, & Grizzlies.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
:lol since everyone and their mother wants Shaq traded from the Suns they're a slam dunk lottery team. They were 2-5 without Shaq last year, and the only reason they weren't 1-6 without him is because Dwight Howard got injured in the 2nd quarter after scoring 16 first quarter points.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 12:28 PM
:lol since everyone and their mother wants Shaq traded from the Suns they're a slam dunk lottery team. They were 2-5 without Shaq last year, and the only reason they weren't 1-6 without him is because Dwight Howard got injured in the 2nd quarter after scoring 16 first quarter points.

Shaq was brought in to give them an instant answer for Duncan. It did not work because they traded their best perimeter defender away in Marion. Shaq can't stop guards driving at him with a full head of steam, neither can Dwight howard.

He's old and despite playing good is not the future of the team. If they are rebuilding, they should see if they can get something good for him. It only makes sense to keep shaq if they plan on making a serious run without rebuilding.

BTW, how the heck did you get into college? You pile of fuck!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Shaq was brought in to give them an instant answer for Duncan. It did not work because they traded their best perimeter defender away in Marion. Shaq can't stop guards driving at him with a full head of steam, neither can Dwight howard.

He's old and despite playing good is not the future of the team. If they are rebuilding, they should see if they can get something good for him. It only makes sense to keep shaq if they plan on making a serious run without rebuilding.

BTW, how the heck did you get into college? You pile of fuck!

I never said Shaq was the future.....currently the Suns have no future. I'm saying that if Sarver and Kerr's priority is to focus on 2010 (even though that's just prolonging the rebuilding process), they're best bet would be to keep Shaq.

Btw - My SAT score probably tosses your SAT score's salad so STFU.

baseline bum
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
The Clippers will have an outside shot of making the playoffs if Davis is healthy next season and with Griffin taking minutes from worthless Zach Randolph.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
The Clippers will have an outside shot of making the playoffs if Davis is healthy next season and with Griffin taking minutes from worthless Zach Randolph.

As long as Mike Dunleavy is coach the Clippers won't do jack shit.

baseline bum
05-31-2009, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't consider qualifying for the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed much more than jack shit. Utah's not exactly a can't miss powerhouse to keep that spot.

pauls931
05-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't consider qualifying for the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed much more than jack shit.

I think cheap management is the clipper's problem. They suck so they always get high draft picks to draw the crowds. They also get extra LA games. Then when their draft pick bolts, they just get another high one to draw the crowd. In a sense I think they abuse the lottery system.

redzero
05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
The Hornets had to deal with injuries for most of the second half of the season. I think they can make the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't consider qualifying for the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed much more than jack shit.

Neither would i considering that was a fluke act of god.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 12:45 PM
The Clippers actually have a solid group of young players. Mike Taylor has mad athleticism, DeAndre Jordan would be a top 5 pick this year if he stayed in college, Eric Gordon and Al Thorton are both already good and will only get better.

I'd say trade Camby since you can get decent value for him, tell Z-Bo to stay at home and eat (he probably won't fight them too much on that one) and if by some miracle a team trades for him them great, and idk what they should do with Kaman and Davis.

Jordan, Taylor, Gordon, Thorton, and Griffin isn't great but it's a decent young core to build from.

tomtom
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
For sure locks

LA
San Antone
Portland
Houston
Denver

Possibles
Utah
Oklahoma, I know it might be early but they are slowly rising with a lot of talent
Phoenix, though they are definitely on the decline
and lastly Dallas, who might have a few more years before they'll blowup

Lars
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
To be honest it is too early to tell. There will likely be tons of player movement over the summer from the Rockets, Mavs, Hornets, Suns, Clippers, etc.

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Too early to tell.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
2006: Lost in Western Conference finals
2007: Lost in 2nd round
2008: Lost in 1st round
2009: Draft lottery

Chances are the 2010 season won't be pretty for a team with that recent history.

monosylab1k
05-31-2009, 04:47 PM

I agree, but the Clippers have so much talent on that team, I don't see how they repeat their awful performance from last year. Especially with Griffin now in the mix.

If Dunleavy would just let Baron Davis be as wild-ass as he wants to be, that team would improve to playoff-caliber. Let Baron do what he does best, don't make him run set offenses or do anything that requires basketball IQ, and the rest will fall in place for a 7 or 8 seed.

BUMP
05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
If New Orleans keeps their same team, i think they're done. I mean what will motivate CP3 to play with a bunch of sorry ass fuckers. He will probably fake an injury. Dallas doesn't have great management but much better than OKC, Mem, or LAC therefore i think they will trade Stack/Damp for an important piece (Shaq maybe?) and be in the #6 spot.

The Clippers will have a good team because i'm a strong believer that Griffin will be a superstar in this league. Humble, tough, athletic, great rebounder, great scorer, durable. I think he might be the Clippers savior. Utah is done, Memphis is ok, but they wont make it, GS will forever suck with Nellie as coach, and OKC will be the last team out (#9). To me, the Wolves and Kings don't exist.

1) Lakers
2) Portland
3) Denver
4) Houston
5) San Antonio
6) Dallas
7) Phoenix
8) Clippers

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Mavs getting 2nd seed

Leetonidas
05-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Btw - My SAT score probably tosses your SAT score's salad so STFU.

Uh...I think you got that backwards man. :lmao

pauls931
05-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Uh...I think you got that backwards man. :lmao

LOL, I canīt even remember what I got, Iīve been working too long in tech.

dirk4mvp
05-31-2009, 07:29 PM
phoenix isn't making it.

HORNSWOGGLE
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
phoenix isn't making it.
yup they have just about as good of a chance as you getting a real job :lol

j-money24
05-31-2009, 07:37 PM
I think the Thunder are going to surprise alot of people.

cobbler
05-31-2009, 07:39 PM
1. Lakers
2-8. Does it really matter? :lol

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 07:41 PM
2 years ago at this time no1 woulda had Boston in 1st and 1 year ago at this time no1 woulda had Denver in 2nd fwiw

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 07:41 PM
phoenix isn't making it.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2995/mercurynashvq6.jpg

dirk4mvp
05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
New Orleans won't either. They'll be replaces by the Grizzlies.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 11:37 PM
LOL, I canīt even remember what I got

sure.

Btw - if you think this message board is a reflection of my real life personality then lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 11:38 PM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2995/mercurynashvq6.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 12:58 AM
The better topic would probably be: Who's going to be the odd team out and whose job will it cost as a result?

Sean Cagney
06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Mavs getting 2nd seed

Get off the crack son......

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 01:29 AM
We will

redzero
06-01-2009, 02:03 AM
I doubt the Hornets will be replaced by the Clippers or Grizzlies. Come on, now.

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 02:04 AM
I doubt the Hornets will be replaced by the Clippers or Grizzlies. Come on, now.

I also doubt that.

endrity
06-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Way to early to tell, some teams will shed salaray because of the economy, and some owner with deep pockets will profit. I wouldn't be surprised to see LA, Portland, Dallas or even Houston pull of some major deal simply because they are able to absorb contracts that others cant.

However, I also do agree that the future right now is a bit bleak on both NO and Utah. It seems like they don't really know what to do next, they are in that middle area, with an average team being carried by one good player, loaded with contracts, and without owners willing to absorb further financial hits to improve the team. It's kind of weird how only a season ago we were saying their future is bright and now there are doubts all over them. Things change quickly in this business (as LA proves, but on the other direction).

The Thunder seem poised to make a run though. Rubio or no Rubio their core ended the season on a high and Durant seemingly has no limits when it comes to scoring.

Clippers, I just can't see it. Even with Griffin that team is a complete mess. That one year they made it to the semifinals they had a veteran, Cassell, pulling the strings, as well as a healthy legit star in Brand. They are far away from that.

pauls931
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
sure.

Btw - if you think this message board is a reflection of my real life personality then lol.

Hopefully. BTW SAT matters for getting in college obviously. Your GPA will only matter for your first job. After that employers will be more interested in what you did at your previous job that what you did in school. The first job I applied for the interviewer told me college shows you can put up with crap and handle multiple tasks and thatīs about it. I couldnīt even remember my college GPA until I looked it up a couple years back, man I was dumb as rocks(and still am). However the longer you work, it gets to the point where you donīt even put that on your resume since experience trumpts grades.

Good luck. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Hopefully. BTW SAT matters for getting in college obviously. Your GPA will only matter for your first job. After that employers will be more interested in what you did at your previous job that what you did in school. The first job I applied for the interviewer told me college shows you can put up with crap and handle multiple tasks and thatīs about it. I couldnīt even remember my college GPA until I looked it up a couple years back, man I was dumb as rocks(and still am). However the longer you work, it gets to the point where you donīt even put that on your resume since experience trumpts grades.

Good luck. :toast

Yeah I figured the whole handle crap thing was true....I can't imagine too many employers caring about the grade you got in South African humanities.