PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Decade X 3

Russ
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Get ready for a barrage of "Team of the Decade" talk. For the Lakers, of course.

But the Spurs still have a chance to do something that no NBA team (to my knowledge) has ever done -- win championships in three different decades with the same player leading the way (Duncan).

The Spurs could be the Team of Three Decades, if you will. The Team of an entire era.

The Lakers never did it -- Magic and Kareem only won in the '80's.

Even the Celtics did not do it with Russell. He won a zillion championships but only in the '50's and '60's. (The Celtics also won two in the '70's but not with Russell -- Havlicek, I believe, was the longest link on those teams to prior Celtic glory).

This would be arguably the most impressive feat by an individual player in the history of the NBA. And arguably the most impressive feat by a team as well.

In fact, as disappointing as it was that the Spurs did not win any "back-to-backs," this would more than make up for that. Back to backs are a dime dozen compared to this unique stamp of longevity and dominance.

Team of the Decade? How about Team of the NBA's Modern Era?

Now, the only problem is -- how the heck do the Spurs do it from the position they're in???? :flag:

ffadicted
05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Sign Lebron Bosh and Dwade in 2010

Pg- Tony
Sg- Dwade
Sf - Lebron
Pf - Bosh
C - Timmy

Our second round draft picks can come off the bench, we won't need anyone else.

Can't wait :toast

Bukefal
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Spurs are the team of the century and existence of this world :toast :lol :king
:flag:

ploto
05-31-2009, 07:56 PM
But the Spurs still have a chance to do something that no NBA team (to my knowledge) has ever done -- win championships in three different decades with the same player leading the way (Duncan).

Even granting you your random premise, how is that three different decades?

samikeyp
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

Even granting you your random premise, how is that three different decades?

I think he meant winning a title in the next decade. 90's, 00's 10's.

ploto
05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I think he meant winning a title in the next decade.

Did he watch the play-offs? No offense but the Spurs were nowhere near close to the four teams that played in the conference finals.

samikeyp
05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Did he watch the play-offs? No offense but the Spurs were nowhere near close to the four teams that played in the conference finals.

Ask him, I wasn't the one making the statement.

exstatic
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM

I think the assumption is that this year's team is not the team that Tim will play with his last two years.