PDA

View Full Version : All Aboard the Magic Carpet Ride

50 cent
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Screw the Cavs and all the overblown Lebron hype.

Let's Root for DRob v2.0 to take his team to the title.

Who's with me?

Stump
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I've been rooting for Orlando to win the east since before SA was knocked out. So yeah, count me in.

Ditty
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
im in screw the nuggets

FTL

CubanSucks
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM

Who's with me?

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah I'm all in...anyone but the lakers. But Howard has a long way to go before he's even DRob v0.5

tomtom
05-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I've been all for the Magic since the beginning of the season. GO MAGIC!

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Before the playoffs started I was already for the Magics, if the Spurs lose...So GO MAGIC!!!

boutons_deux
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM
can't use a title like that without attribution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyM4HibS12M

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
You should root for your own conference, it just comes off as hating when you don't

AussieFanKurt
05-31-2009, 04:41 PM
yeah lets go Magic, i'd hate to see Kobe win another ring

Bukefal
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
You should root for your own conference, it just comes off as hating when you don't

not if its the lakers :lol

I rooted for the Cavs, now, I dont like Magic, but I dislike the Fakers badly, so, Go Magic!! :toast

m33p0
05-31-2009, 05:06 PM
too bad Nuggs couldn't get in. Go Magic!

Big P
05-31-2009, 05:07 PM
I am down with this.

spurtech09
05-31-2009, 05:10 PM
deadly dynasty im down with those soccer babes on your profile but not with the lakers lol...go magic all the way

duncan228
05-31-2009, 05:53 PM
King Nothing Lebron is a sore loser. Can't even congratulate the better team and doesn't even give interviews after the game like he usually does.

For what it's worth, LeBron spoke today.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127688

EricB
05-31-2009, 06:37 PM
overhype LeBron?

Wow....

Thompson
05-31-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been for the Magic since the Spurs were knocked out. Didn't think they'd make it this far, but I'm glad I was wrong. I'll root for them vs. the Lakers of course.

As far as LeBron goes, he's a great player and he's overhyped.

duncan228
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
gqhYzBBwbk8

HORNSWOGGLE
05-31-2009, 07:25 PM
What a pathetic bunch of losers you all are.
and what a homo you are :lol

timtonymanu
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Magic was the team I wanted to come out of the East ever since. GO MAGIC!!!!

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Hell yah fuck las lakers!!!!!!!

sammy
05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
I've been rooting for the Magic from the beginng! Got sick of the Lebron hype and their stupid antics with photo camera crap! Glad to see them gone from the playoffs! Orlando plays team ball! Dwight Howard is my favorite player outside my Spurs! He's awesome! So athletic and if he could team up with Timmy, boy can you imagine what he could learn from the best Power Forward ever! That is just a dream, but the Fakers are going to have alot a problems with the Magic! They have no answer for Superman! I see the Magic taking out the over-rated, over hyped, underachieving sense of entitlement Fakers in 6!:toast

sammy
05-31-2009, 10:58 PM
You should root for your own conference, it just comes off as hating when you don't\

Fuck No! :wgaf: FTL!

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM

Never understood this logic. The only team I want to see winning from my team's conference is....well....my team. Glad the Magic sent Frontrunner James packing and I hope they can do the same to the Lakers.

DrHouse
05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
You gotta have WC pride. Root for your conference. I'd root for the Spurs if they advanced. I'm quite sure the Spur players themselves would root for the Lakers, I believe Bowen was quoted last year as saying something to the effect of make our conference proud after Game 5 was over.

I can understand why Spur fans don't though because of what the Lakers have done to them since their franchise's inception.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 11:30 PM
You gotta have WC pride. Root for your conference. I'd root for the Spurs if they advanced. I'm quite sure the Spur players themselves would root for the Lakers, I believe Bowen was quoted last year as saying something to the effect of make our conference proud after Game 5 was over.

I can understand why Spur fans don't though because of what the Lakers have done to them since their franchise's inception.

To me, there is no such thing as Western Conference pride. If you play on a team outside of the Spurs in the Western Conference, with all due respect, screw you. Hell, I'm a Seahawks fan and I hate the Pissburgh (spelled like that on purpose) Stealers (also spelled like that on purpose) for their thievery of Super Bowl *XL, but guess what, when they were facing the Cardinals for the title last season I rooted for them like they were the hottest thing going. Why? Because I couldn't stand the thought of a team in my division winning the title outside of my team....just makes no sense. I've been for the Magic ever since they started to play Boston, but if it ain't the Spurs, it ain't nobody in my book. Regardless of the season your team had or how they ultimately lost, it makes your team seem that much more inadequate when ANOTHER team in your division/conference wins the whole thing.

jmanu20
05-31-2009, 11:59 PM

Negative. This rule doesn't apply when it concerns rivalries. Lord knows I would never in a million years root for the Mavs either if they got to the Finals again.

This would be like a Cowboys fan (which I am) rooting for either the Giants, Eagles, or Redskins. I remember getting on a number of Cowboys fans for choosing to root for the Giants in the Super Bowl vs. the Patriots. I would have rather seen the Patriots finish 19-0, lol.

This also would be like asking a Packers fan to root for the Vikings in the Super Bowl and vice versa.

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Negative. This rule doesn't apply when it concerns rivalries. Lord knows I would never in a million years root for the Mavs either if they got to the Finals again.

This would be like a Cowboys fan (which I am) rooting for either the Giants, Eagles, or Redskins. I remember getting on a number of Cowboys fans for choosing to root for the Giants in the Super Bowl vs. the Patriots. I would have rather seen the Patriots finish 19-0, lol.

This also would be like asking a Packers fan to root for the Vikings in the Super Bowl and vice versa.

Exactly.

JWest596
06-01-2009, 01:12 AM

Where 's that written? Some ridiculous Laker rule?

And what's wrong with hating a team? Or hate in itself...the world thrives on it.
Respect and loyalty are earned not entitled. Go read some more headlnes.

Goofy ass California political correctness.

After the way the Lakers played Houston, they're an embarrassment to the West.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Where 's that written? Some ridiculous Laker rule?

And what's wrong with hating a team? Or hate in itself...the world thrives on it.
Respect and loyalty are earned not entitled. Go read some more headlnes.

Goofy ass California political correctness.

After the way the Lakers played Houston, they're an embarrassment to the West.

nothing wrong with hatred if there is good reasoning behind it. Yours is jealousy

Russ
06-01-2009, 01:21 AM

What team (other than the Celtics) has done more to the Lakers than the Spurs?

Like closing down the Fabulous Forum with a four game sweep in '99?

Or ending the Lakers' longest title streak on their home floor in '03 -- the first team to beat the Lakers in a series at Staples.

Or winning three championships since the Lakers won their last?

That said, the only team I would consider rooting against in a Finals series vs the Lakers is Orlando. The Lakers have done their share of harm to the Spurs, but they never tried to steal our franchise player with a luxury charter and a Disneyland trip. :)

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Duncan ultimately didn't leave for Orlando, and to me it's more on the player than the organization.

JWest596
06-01-2009, 01:58 AM
nothing wrong with hatred if there is good reasoning behind it. Yours is jealousy

Jealousy?,

I'm not on some Laker fan site looking for love, support and respect trolling for my team criticizing other fans because you cannot find it.

Are you going to cry? Go have your circle jerk elsewhere.

That's just insecure, sad and pathetic. The fact remains I as a person owe the Lakers dick. Pathetic Laker troll are all alike.

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Jealousy?,

I'm not on some Laker fan site looking for love, support and respect trolling for my team criticizing other fans because you cannot find it.

That's just insecure, sad and pathetic. The fact remains I as a person owe the Lakers dick. Pathetic Laker troll are all alike.

Man, that line can be misconstrued in so many different ways.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Jealousy?,

only tears of joy after the Lakers bring home #15 in a couple weeks

ThaiFanofSpurs
06-01-2009, 02:59 AM
I've been rooting for the Magic from the beginng! Got sick of the Lebron hype and their stupid antics with photo camera crap! Glad to see them gone from the playoffs! Orlando plays team ball! Dwight Howard is my favorite player outside my Spurs! He's awesome! So athletic and if he could team up with Timmy, boy can you imagine what he could learn from the best Power Forward ever! That is just a dream, but the Fakers are going to have alot a problems with the Magic! They have no answer for Superman! I see the Magic taking out the over-rated, over hyped, underachieving sense of entitlement Fakers in 6!:toast

Agree! Outside of the Spurs, the Magic earn my respect the most. Dwight Howard is good. Other than the Spurs' big three, he is my most favorite. Go Magic Go!

50Bestspurever
06-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah I'm all in...anyone but the lakers. But Howard has a long way to go before he's even DRob v0.5

He is already in a final's!!

JWest596
06-01-2009, 04:09 AM

It will be number 10 if it happens as Minneapolis won 5 in Minnrdota, that's another city in Minnesota. Big Difference. NOT YOURS

That's why people call LA "Fakers". there's a reason and jealousy or hate have nothing to with it.

It's called "Truth in advertising".

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2009, 10:21 AM

That's as stupid as the fans who were arguing to cheer for OU in the national title game.

lefty
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm hoping this thread won't fail like Timvp's "Cavalier's Express" thread :D

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Pathetic. Why are Laker fans even in a thread in the Spurs side of the Forum that has nothing to do with the Lakers?

Laker fans are obsessed with every other team and their fans. This a thread about supporting the Magic.

You are a Laker fan, so leave the thread. It is pathetic.

DaBears
06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Where can i buy my Magic carpet ride tickets!!!!! All Aboard.... At least for the rest of this season....

Jacko
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
What team (other than the Celtics) has done more to the Lakers than the Spurs?

Like closing down the Fabulous Forum with a four game sweep in '99?

Or ending the Lakers' longest title streak on their home floor in '03 -- the first team to beat the Lakers in a series at Staples.

Or winning three championships since the Lakers won their last?

That said, the only team I would consider rooting against in a Finals series vs the Lakers is Orlando. The Lakers have done their share of harm to the Spurs, but they never tried to steal our franchise player with a luxury charter and a Disneyland trip. :)

Lakers have an 8-2 record overall against the Spurs in the playoffs.

angel_luv
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
You guys are finally on board, eh? :D

resistanze
06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Why does Laker Fan care so much about Spurs Fan approval?

Russ
06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Lakers have an 8-2 record overall against the Spurs in the playoffs.

The Spurs won in '95, '99 and '03, so like most Laker "historians," you're wrong about easily accessed facts.

But to address your point, the Lakers have had great success against all teams. My point was, who (other than Boston) has done more to the Lakers? :)

rascal
06-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Give it up believing any other team but the lakers will win this year. You're just wasting your time.

The lakers are winning this year. It has been so obvious since last years finals that the Lakers would be back in the finals and win it all this year.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Give it up believing any other team but the lakers will win this year. You're just wasting your time.

The lakers are winning this year. It has been so obvious since last years finals that the Lakers would be back in the finals and win it all this year.

the voice of reason:toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
It will be number 10 if it happens as Minneapolis won 5 in Minnrdota, that's another city in Minnesota. Big Difference. NOT YOURS

That's why people call LA "Fakers". there's a reason and jealousy or hate have nothing to with it.

It's called "Truth in advertising".

the "franchise" has won 15...but nevermind all that.

Let's just go with 10, like you said. 10>4. Lakers 4-1 vs Spurs this decade and 8-2 overall in playoff history. We owned you in the past, in the present, and most certainly in the future (we are young, SA is old).

Thanks for playing. Next...

Brazil
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
FTL !

Out of the spurs and like a normal human being I'm rooting for the underdog. No exception to the rule here : go magic

CubanSucks
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Let's just go with 10, like you said. 10>4. Lakers 4-1 vs Spurs this decade and 8-2 overall in playoff history. We owned you in the past, in the present, and most certainly in the future (we are young, SA is old).

If the Houston Oilers had won a super bowl and Tennessee had claimed it just cause they got the franchise I would be PISSED. The only difference is they were smart enough to change names and your team kept their's for some fucked up reason (LA has lakes?). That's about as illogical as the 'San Antonio Celtics' or the 'Minnesota Hurricanes'

JWest596
06-01-2009, 02:09 PM

You haven't won 10 yet. Los Angeles was in existence for 16 years before the Spurs joined the the NBA. And Bill Russel will AWAYS own LA. You are one of only two teams that has a losing record against the Bobcats.
Michael Jordan beats Kobe from the front office...quite a feat.

The Spurs have had the best winning percentage in all 4 major sports since Tim Duncan came aboard. The Spurs have had the fewest lottery teams of any other NBA team. We have always been competitive and no one does more with less.

Poor Laker fans trolling other team boards looking for love and acceptance. It's usually the way of bastard children.

"playing?" You never got out of the gate.

CubanSucks
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM

There is no debate that the Lakers are a more prestigious franchise than the Spurs but that still doesn't change the fact that your superstar is an admitted adulterer accused of sexual assault. AND, after only 2 mediocre seasons he wanted to leave LA even though he had 3 rings with that franchise. Great team player? :rolleyes

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
There is no debate that the Lakers are a more prestigious franchise than the Spurs but that still doesn't change the fact that your superstar is an admitted adulterer accused of sexual assault. AND, after only 2 mediocre seasons he wanted to leave LA even though he had 3 rings with that franchise. Great team player? :rolleyes

Everyone and there mother knows that bitch was looking for a meal ticket...a kindergartener could accuse use YOU of sexual assault...does that necessarily make it so?

As far as the cheating is concerned, I think we've all cheated on a girl at some point. Doesn't make us bad people cause we did one thing wrong.

great team player? Go look at LBJ leaving his team to face the media, then his not so subtle message of wearing the Yankees hat in an effort to make the Ferry cast crappy teammates off and get better ones.

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Are Laker fans so insecure they have to flood a thread because Spurs fans are not rooting for their team? Why are you so obsessed?

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 02:58 PM
You haven't won 10 yet. Los Angeles was in existence for 16 years before the Spurs joined the the NBA. And Bill Russel will AWAYS own LA. You are one of only two teams that has a losing record against the Bobcats.
Michael Jordan beats Kobe from the front office...quite a feat.

The Spurs have had the best winning percentage in all 4 major sports since Tim Duncan came aboard. The Spurs have had the fewest lottery teams of any other NBA team. We have always been competitive and no one does more with less.

Poor Laker fans trolling other team boards looking for love and acceptance. It's usually the way of bastard children.

"playing?" You never got out of the gate.

There is no debate that the Lakers are a more prestigious franchise than the Spurs

xellos88330
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Everyone and there mother knows that bitch was looking for a meal ticket...a kindergartener could accuse use YOU of sexual assault...does that necessarily make it so?

As far as the cheating is concerned, I think we've all cheated on a girl at some point. Doesn't make us bad people cause we did one thing wrong.

great team player? Go look at LBJ leaving his team to face the media, then his not so subtle message of wearing the Yankees hat in an effort to make the Ferry cast crappy teammates off and get better ones.

Call me old fashioned, but cheating on women is never a good thing. His wife was trusting enough to marry him even though he was a big NBA star and knew that women in other cities would be trying to get him to whip it out. That shows a large degree of character and serious faith in their relationship. The fact that he betrayed that trust is disgusting. Any woman that is capable of putting such complete faith in me is damn worthy of my honoring it.

xellos88330
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh yea... GO MAGIC!!! FTL!!!

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Call me old fashioned, but cheating on women is never a good thing. His wife was trusting enough to marry him even though he was a big NBA star and knew that women in other cities would be trying to get him to whip it out. That shows a large degree of character and serious faith in their relationship. The fact that he betrayed that trust is disgusting. Any woman that is capable of putting such complete faith in me is damn worthy of my honoring it.

i didn't say it was a good thing. Have you ever done anything bad in your life?

CubanSucks
06-01-2009, 05:04 PM

How the fuck is that relevant?

Muser
06-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't get what is with all this shit, Spurs are out so the winner of the finals means fuck all to me, just go back to being a fan of Basketball. You know, enjoy the games?

rayray2k8
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
So the cavs bandwagon is jumping to the orlando bandwagon?? Yea, w/e :rolleyes

Spurs_9_20_21
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
king nothing lebron is a sore loser. Can't even congratulate the better team and doesn't even give interviews after the game like he usually does. He believed that hype every "expert" spewed out of their mouths. He thought they were just going to hand over the trophy to him. His true colors came out. You will never win a ring king nothing and that makes me happy. So throw your pixie dust in the air, bust your half court shots and take your family pictures before the game with your over confident, arrogant, classless self and continue to lose in the playoffs. That will be fine by me, but please change your number 23 because you don't deserve it. The next jordan. Haha. He's not even the next pippen.:flipoff:fishing
+1000000000000000000
Go ahead and cry because you lost!!!!!
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lebron_crybaby_big.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2009, 09:21 PM

are you talkin about his wife? cause she did come out winning than the other 2....$5m diamond ring? WHAT

holcs50
06-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Im with ya 50! I posted awhile ago, after the spurs lost I will be rooting for whoever is playing the lakers for many reasons which I've already written about over and over and don't feel like being a broken record. As for who I wanted to win the Cavs/Magic series, really a toss up, I wanted the team that would put up the best challenge, and after seeing the cavs supporting cast get exposed over and over I definitely think the magic will have the best chance. I got two benjis riding on this with LA fans/friends.

Going to be interesting to see what comes out, if the magic can take advantage of the lakers off-games unlike the nuggets did early in that series then they got a good shot....unless the lakers play every game like they did that close out game which would put the lakers easily over the magic...but that won't happen, maybe 1/2 games they play that good.

Anyways go Rashard, go DHoward/Drob v0.5, and shit even go turk you ugly mofo, ha. C'mon Magic, get it done.

pauls931
06-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I was on the cavs wagon until I got a good look at the preferential treatment they got from the refs and immediately switched to the magic carpet.

SouthTexasRancher
06-01-2009, 10:47 PM

Who's with me?

Damn straight. Screw the LaLa Land Fakers. Them girlieboyz are about to have their asses handed to them on a fruit platter. Go Magic! Make that Fairy Wonderland disappear!

xellos88330
06-02-2009, 12:28 AM
i didn't say it was a good thing. Have you ever done anything bad in your life?

It is virtually impossible to go throughout life without having done something someone else considers a terrible offense. Nothing that I have done in my life is as disgraceful as betraying family though.

urunobili
06-02-2009, 08:06 AM
IIRC I forecasted in the Playoffs results thread that the Magic would get out of the east :wakeup... my failure... the Spurs beating the Flakers in the WCF... :depressed.... anyway... FTL

DeadlyDynasty
06-02-2009, 08:08 AM
It is virtually impossible to go throughout life without having done something someone else considers a terrible offense. Nothing that I have done in my life is as disgraceful as betraying family though.

I've never been married (only 26), but I have cheated on a g/f before. It's not always a calculated and malicious act. Sometimes it's just a matter of circumstance

Kamnik
06-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I was on board from even before Cavs-Magic series started.

Basically since the Spurs got knocked out I rooted for every team that played against Cavs or Lakers.

Not to mention I really like Turkoglu...

Go Magic!

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
To me, there is no such thing as Western Conference pride. If you play on a team outside of the Spurs in the Western Conference, with all due respect, screw you. Hell, I'm a Seahawks fan and I hate the Pissburgh (spelled like that on purpose) Stealers (also spelled like that on purpose) for their thievery of Super Bowl *XL, but guess what, when they were facing the Cardinals for the title last season I rooted for them like they were the hottest thing going. Why? Because I couldn't stand the thought of a team in my division winning the title outside of my team....just makes no sense. I've been for the Magic ever since they started to play Boston, but if it ain't the Spurs, it ain't nobody in my book. Regardless of the season your team had or how they ultimately lost, it makes your team seem that much more inadequate when ANOTHER team in your division/conference wins the whole thing.

I understand Spur fan here. I really do. I am NFC football guy and despise with all my heart the dreaded Dallas Cowboys. No way in hell I am ever rooting for that team. EVER! So yeah, I feel ya!
I understand the passion.

Bob Lanier
06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
I've never been married (only 26), but I have cheated on a g/f before. It's not always a calculated and malicious act. Sometimes it's just a matter of circumstance
Being as you have a mind (presumably, your posts here aside), yes, yes it is.

:lmao at the "DRob 2.0" thing. Except for the really-built-religious-nut thing, you'd be hard-pressed to find two centers less alike.

howbouthemspurs
06-03-2009, 02:04 PM
go sonics!

angel_luv
06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I was on board from even before Cavs-Magic series started.

Basically since the Spurs got knocked out I rooted for every team that played against Cavs or Lakers.

Not to mention I really like Turkoglu...

Go Magic!

:tu

urunobili
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't like this thread... the Cavs were jinxed by timvp on an equal one on the NBA forum... :depressed

NewJerSpur
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't like this thread... the Cavs were jinxed by timvp on an equal one on the NBA forum... :depressed

Nah, the Magic just had Cleveland's number. A voodoo priest couldn't save the Cavs from failing in that matchup.

Red Hawk #21
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Good stuff Spurs fans, Im down with this. F lechoke James, Let's go Magic!

ploto
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
What took you so long!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2009-05/47109425.jpg

50 cent
06-05-2009, 12:42 PM
The carpet ride is getting bumpy.

LA looks good.

Yuixafun
06-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Last night I held Aladdin's lamp
And so I wished that I could stay
Before the thing could answer me
Well, someone came and took the lamp away
I looked around, a lousy candle's all I found

(BTW some killa sigs in this thread, just need paloma and the girl in the black thong that says Spurs)