PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe did what LBJ did last night THE MEDIA WOULD HAVE MURDERED HIM

Jacko
05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
And you know it.

jmanu20
05-31-2009, 02:04 PM
And you know it.\

Yep, I have to agree. As a Spurs fan I can't stand the Lakers, but from what I've seen Kobe is gracious after losses. Plus, he's one of the only superstars who never cried like a little girl over Bowen's D. He would just man up and go after Bruce even harder.

Kriz-Maxima
05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Without a doubt.

jag
05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Someone else already made this comment in the Lebron thread, http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127642.

Not sure why you felt it deserved a thread of its own.

JamStone
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I think so too, but probably not if it happened before Kobe raped a girl.

Cry Havoc
05-31-2009, 02:42 PM
LeBron never openly threw his rookie teammate under a bus.

LeBron has never been in a high-profile court case concerning infidelity and sexual assault.

LeBron has never decided to be the only guy who's going to shoot on his team.

LeBron has never been in a heated conflict with a fellow superstar (of course, he's never had the chance, but the fact is still true).

LeBron has never decided to just not try for an entire half in the playoffs.

Kobe has a reputation for that kind of thing. LeBron does not.

Allanon
05-31-2009, 02:47 PM
LeBron never openly threw his rookie teammate under a bus.

LeBron has never been in a high-profile court case concerning infidelity and sexual assault.

LeBron has never decided to be the only guy who's going to shoot on his team.

LeBron has never been in a heated conflict with a fellow superstar (of course, he's never had the chance, but the fact is still true).

LeBron has never decided to just not try for an entire half in the playoffs.

Kobe has a reputation for that kind of thing. LeBron does not.

Kobe didn't have any of that baggage at Age 24 either.

Give Lebron some more losing seasons and failed attempts at a ring...I'd be surprised if LeBron doesn't openly call out his teammates/GM in his interviews this coming Monday.

LeBron's starting his prime years, he'd be a complete fool but the ultimate nice guy if he shuts up and stays in Cleveland.

I highly doubt it though; we'll know by 2010.

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Kobe didn't have any of that baggage at Age 24 either.

Give Lebron some more losing seasons and failed attempts at a ring...I'd be surprised if LeBron doesn't openly call out his teammates/GM in his interviews this coming Monday.

LeBron's starting his prime years, he'd be a complete fool but the ultimate nice guy if he shuts up and stays in Cleveland.

I highly doubt it though; we'll know by 2010.

See, Kobe wasn't the nice guy, He shoulda shut the fuck up & played for Charlotte!!!! Insteada demanding a trade!!

Allanon
05-31-2009, 02:53 PM
See, Kobe wasn't the nice guy, He shoulda shut the fuck up & played for Charlotte!!!! Insteada demanding a trade!!

And that got him 3 Rings at the expense of being a nice guy. Most successful people in the world are assholes.

LeBron's on track to be the next Barkley if he doesn't do something about it.

You want something, you go 'git it.

Allanon
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
I was out last night. What did LeBron do exactly?

It's more like what he DIDN'T do.

1) Didn't shake hands with the Magic players after losing. He started walking off the court and into the tunnel with a few seconds left in the game.
2) Didn't do the mandatory post-game conference
3) Didn't stop to take family portraits with his teammates

Allanon
05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Didn't the same thing happen with the 2007 finals?

Anyways the guy is competitive. I can't remember Manu shaking hands with the opposing players after a playoff series loss.

I don't remember it personally but I saw some Spurs people posting that about Lebron last night.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
And you know it.

Undoubtedly they would have two years ago but Kobe's back in their good graces, and he's earned it.

Either way, it was a douche, immature, classless thing to do. Melo gave Kobe a hug and talked to him for a good minute after his team lost.

duncan228
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Didn't the same thing happen with the 2007 finals?

LeBron walked off the court after game 4, he wasn't interested in seeing the Trophy presentation on his court. But he congratulated the Spurs behind the scenes.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/07postgame4.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/07postgame4.jpg

That just looks straight up gay.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 04:04 PM
I think LBJ was pissed that Howard shot a three at the end of the game when he could have just dribbled the clock out. Not that that's any excuse to do what he did but I think that's why he just walked off, very childish though. And yes Kobe would have been ripped big time.

sook
05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
LOL ofcourse he would have. That was wrong....can't he seriously handle a loss with a little more class?

He didn't even congratulate the magic. Flat out wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I think LBJ was pissed that Howard shot a three at the end of the game when he could have just dribbled the clock out. Not that that's any excuse to do what he did but I think that's why he just walked off, very childish though. And yes Kobe would have been ripped big time.

Well I'll even admit Kobe has never done that. He even shook Raja Bell's hand after the 2006 series and they've been on good terms since then. I know if the Suns lost I wouldn't have expected Bell to shake Kobe's hand.

duncan228
05-31-2009, 04:12 PM
That just looks straight up gay.

:lol

Where it comes from:

IGY6UamVRSU

Allanon
05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
:lol

Where it comes from:

IGY6UamVRSU

"I appreciate you givin' us this year. "

Duncan's funnier than I thought :lol

duncan228
05-31-2009, 04:31 PM
"I appreciate you givin' us this year. "

Duncan's funnier than I thought :lol

Duncan's got a quick wit, but the media impression of him being 'boring' keeps most from seeing it.

LakerHater
06-02-2009, 01:08 AM
He did do it the media didn't even mention it!!!
Look at 4:04, he wearing a towel round his neck:

1r7LUySCPq4&feature=related

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Duncan's got a quick wit, but the media impression of him being 'boring' keeps most from seeing it.
Exactly..if you ask people who know, they'll tell you that Duncan is quite possibly the funniest player in the league.

Allanon
06-02-2009, 01:54 AM
He did do it the media didn't even mention it!!!
Look at 4:04, he wearing a towel round his neck:

1r7LUySCPq4&feature=related

I think Kobe gave the Suns enough props after the game.

Kobe Bryant post-game:

(On the Suns coming back from a 3-1 series deficit)
“I knew that it was a serious possibility given the fact that the team we’re up against has a lot of fire power. I knew that we were playing extremely, extremely well. And I knew that they have a notch that they can go to, and they went to it and we couldn’t keep up.”

(On the Suns)
“They have a lot of talent, a lot of fire power. They picked up and stepped up to the challenge. They kept coming at us in waves and we didn’t’ have enough in us to hold on.”

(On playing against Raja Bell)
"I really don't think about it. I really don't. It's not like when I go up against a Bruce Bowen or a [Ron] Artest or something like that where they make you think about what you're doing out there. It's not like that."

(On playing against Barbosa and Diaw)
I’m really impressed with both [Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw]. I think Barbosa is just going to get better and he’s going to be a tremendous player. And Diaw can play his ass off. Period.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 02:47 AM
I think Kobe gave the Suns enough props after the game.

Kobe Bryant post-game:

(On the Suns coming back from a 3-1 series deficit)
“I knew that it was a serious possibility given the fact that the team we’re up against has a lot of fire power. I knew that we were playing extremely, extremely well. And I knew that they have a notch that they can go to, and they went to it and we couldn’t keep up.”

(On the Suns)
“They have a lot of talent, a lot of fire power. They picked up and stepped up to the challenge. They kept coming at us in waves and we didn’t’ have enough in us to hold on.”

(On playing against Raja Bell)
"I really don't think about it. I really don't. It's not like when I go up against a Bruce Bowen or a [Ron] Artest or something like that where they make you think about what you're doing out there. It's not like that."

(On playing against Barbosa and Diaw)
I’m really impressed with both [Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw]. I think Barbosa is just going to get better and he’s going to be a tremendous player. And Diaw can play his ass off. Period.
No disrespect, Allanon, but that's not the same thing. Dude didn't man up and give them their props to their faces..that's fucked up. You step up, shake their hands, and give them respect...it's just plain wrong.

Allanon
06-02-2009, 02:50 AM
No disrespect, Allanon, but that's not the same thing. Dude didn't man up and give them their props to their faces..that's fucked up. You step up, shake their hands, and give them respect...it's just plain wrong.

No problem, Spursfan092120.

I dunno if he did or didn't do it in person as well. Can't find anything written about it, it's been so long ago. That was all I could find.

coldsweat
06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
what lebron did was wrong, but the media has been tearing him apart, if you listen to any show treating the question: "was lebron justified?", the commentators all say no.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Kobe and Bell made up shortly after that series was over. Kobe acted plenty mature after that series.

pauls931
06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
The worst part about this is what lebron teaches younger fans. You´re going to have hotshots on playgrounds walk away after losing pickup games without saying ´good game´or whatever to the winner. This is the most serious implication.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 08:44 AM
The worst part about this is what lebron teaches younger fans. You´re going to have hotshots on playgrounds walk away after losing pickup games without saying ´good game´or whatever to the winner. This is the most serious implication.

Agreed. When you're a role model tons of kids idolize, you have to act with more class.

JoeTait75
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Don't know if you guys have noticed, but LeBron is getting ripped from one end of the country to the other over this.

BTW, I have no problem with him walking off. Poor sportsmanship begets poor sportsmanship. Orlando acted like punks the entire series. They were the better team, they deserved to win, and they deserve props for winning. But when it comes to sportsmanship, you get what you give. LeBron sought out Tim and gave his congratulations two years ago because Tim has earned that courtesy by the way he handles himself. He blew off the Magic because the Magic earned getting blown off by the way they handled themselves.

I'm not saying Orlando didn't have the right to behave any way they want. They did. Winning gave them that right. But that doesn't mean our players were obligated to bend over and kiss their asses.

EDIT- Where LeBron fucked up was not attending the post-game presser. That he should have done. He hung his teammates out to dry by not showing up and that was wrong. Of course, his teammates hung him out to dry the entire series.

JamStone
06-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Agreed. When you're a role model tons of kids idolize, you have to act with more class.

Parents need to do a better job of not allowing their kids to idolize athletes for how they act or speak or what they do once the buzzer sounds. It's fine to appreciate athletes for their talents on the court or field of play. But, it's the idolization of athletes that's the root of the problem, and that's on the parents to teach their kids how to act, not on pro athletes.

And, who cares if people don't say "good game" after a pick up game? When I've played with sore losers on the playground or at the gym, I laugh at them. That's funny to see people that butt hurt over a pick-up game.

Bukefal
06-02-2009, 10:36 AM
:sleep issues?

KSeal
06-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I must admit, I'm pretty stunned at how much shit LBJ is getting for this. Nobody is even talking about the finals, they're all just talking about that LBJ snub of the Magic and media. Like everyone else I think what he did was wrong but it only needs about two minutes of talk and then move on. Some of these radio shows are talking about this shit for four hours, holy shit, chill out. I guess that's the media though, whatever.

Gino
06-02-2009, 11:29 AM
And you know it.

Um...THE ENTIRE LAKER TEAM SANS JIMMY JACKSON refused to shake hands with the Phoenix Suns after they were killed in game 7 of their first round series back in 2006.

Try again.

DrHouse
06-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Don't know if you guys have noticed, but LeBron is getting ripped from one end of the country to the other over this.

BTW, I have no problem with him walking off. Poor sportsmanship begets poor sportsmanship. Orlando acted like punks the entire series. They were the better team, they deserved to win, and they deserve props for winning. But when it comes to sportsmanship, you get what you give. LeBron sought out Tim and gave his congratulations two years ago because Tim has earned that courtesy by the way he handles himself. He blew off the Magic because the Magic earned getting blown off by the way they handled themselves.

I'm not saying Orlando didn't have the right to behave any way they want. They did. Winning gave them that right. But that doesn't mean our players were obligated to bend over and kiss their asses.

EDIT- Where LeBron fucked up was not attending the post-game presser. That he should have done. He hung his teammates out to dry by not showing up and that was wrong. Of course, his teammates hung him out to dry the entire series.

How on earth did ORL act like punks?

If anything it was your pathetic front-running Cavs that acted like punks. I didn't see anyone on ORL going out there to the media and claiming, "I can't see this team beating us 4 times, I just can't". Or, "we're the better team, yea we're the better team".

Give me a fucking break you loser Lebron apologist. He acted like a poor sport and the immature little baby that he is. It's sad that everyone in your organization, including the fans, are too pussy to call him out on it.

Ghazi
06-02-2009, 12:09 PM
35/9/7 = free pass

Behrooz24
06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
What a pussy. No one will say anything bc lebrons dick is still in their mouths

JoeTait75
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
:cry

jacobdrj
06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Kobe wouldn't do that because that isn't who Kobe is. Kobe is an LA guy. Even though he isn't in any films, he is the consummate NBA actor. Or better yet, he is the consummate NBA Poker Player. He doesn't let the real Kobe out. He will shake the hands, because things like that probably don't mean anything to him, therefore making some guy in the league office or Nike happy is motivation enough for doing or not doing something.

LeBron works hard at being a good media personality, but I think he is a little more genuine. He was hurt by not winning, despite giving it his all.

Personally, I hate post game interviews, with very very rare exceptions (some coaches, a couple of savvy players). I watch the games. I don't care what they do off the court for the most part.

I don't want to hear most of these athletes speak, ever. Not unless there is actually something to report should there be a sideline reporter. News, such as injury information change, and referee ruling info is the only thing I want to hear from a sideline reporter. Post-game is just so boring.

Phenomanul
06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
So now LeBron and Chris Paul have something else in common other than that Olympic Gold...

IronMexican
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Did anyone see Dwight mimic SGV?

JustBlaze
06-02-2009, 01:52 PM
And you know it.

Kobe Bryant didn't stick around after the game for hugs and handshakes, choosing to walk off the floor rather than congratulate Steve Nash and the Suns. The pregame greeting between the MVP candidates, one day before Nash officially receives the award, was as cordial as it got. Fresh after getting eliminated in '06, stay classy Kome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060507

resistanze
06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Fresh after getting eliminated in '06, stay classy Kome.

[/thread]

manufan10
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
How on earth did ORL act like punks?

If anything it was your pathetic front-running Cavs that acted like punks. I didn't see anyone on ORL going out there to the media and claiming, "I can't see this team beating us 4 times, I just can't". Or, "we're the better team, yea we're the better team".

Give me a fucking break you loser Lebron apologist. He acted like a poor sport and the immature little baby that he is. It's sad that everyone in your organization, including the fans, are too pussy to call him out on it.

And you would want Kobe or any other Laker to think that the other team is better during a series? If Fisher came out and said, the Magic are clearly the better team, there is no way we're going to win 4 games against them, what would your response be? You would throw a little fit that Fisher was saying things like that about the Lakers. Of course the Cavs players would say they're the better team. They're not going to act like the other team is better, that's throwing their own team under the bus.

KSeal
06-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Mo Williams came out and said he guarantees they'll win the series only to still suck and lose the close out game in bad fashion. That's being a giant douche.

JoeTait75
06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Mo Williams came out and said he guarantees they'll win the series only to still suck and lose the close out game in bad fashion. That's being a giant douche.

We all know Mo Williams is a giant douche, me included. He can't hold Delonte's jock.

KSeal
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
We all know Mo Williams is a giant douche, me included. He can't hold Delonte's jock.

It's quite clear yet Manufan10 is trying to say otherwise, don't know why you would try to deny something so obvious.

JoeTait75
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
It's quite clear yet Manufan10 is trying to say otherwise, don't know why you would try to deny something so obvious.

I don't have a problem with a guy saying his opponent can't beat his team four times, or guaranteeing victories, or whatever. But the guy saying it can't be shooting 32 percent and acting like a turnstile on defense. Mo talked himself into being the center of attention in the series, and flat-out, he didn't come close to backing it up with his play. He let his team down.

DrHouse
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
And you would want Kobe or any other Laker to think that the other team is better during a series? If Fisher came out and said, the Magic are clearly the better team, there is no way we're going to win 4 games against them, what would your response be? You would throw a little fit that Fisher was saying things like that about the Lakers. Of course the Cavs players would say they're the better team. They're not going to act like the other team is better, that's throwing their own team under the bus.

There is a difference between being confident in your team and saying that there is no way your opponent can beat you.

The latter is hubris, overconfidence, and disrespect to your opponent which will more often than not lead to failure.

manufan10
06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
You don't want to come out and say that your team is garbage. Come on, every player in the playoffs think that their team has a chance to win. You're going to alienate your teammates and fan base if you say otherwise. Mo Williams should have backed it up with play on the court, but he didn't. I still don't believe he should have said that the Magic have a chance to win. Again, if Fisher were to do the exact opposite of what Mo Williams said, by saying that the Magic were great and the Lakers can't win 4 games against them, what would your reaction be?

Allanon
06-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Fresh after getting eliminated in '06, stay classy Kome.

I know it hurts to be eliminated by the Kobe so many times but let's be objective here.

We don't know if he was in the locker room later on congratulating the Suns or not.

We know he was there for the post-game conference giving the Suns props so who knows if he stopped by the Suns locker room and gave some hugs and shit to Nash and the Suns?

DrHouse
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM
You don't want to come out and say that your team is garbage. Come on, every player in the playoffs think that their team has a chance to win. You're going to alienate your teammates and fan base if you say otherwise. Mo Williams should have backed it up with play on the court, but he didn't. I still don't believe he should have said that the Magic have a chance to win. Again, if Fisher were to do the exact opposite of what Mo Williams said, by saying that the Magic were great and the Lakers can't win 4 games against them, what would your reaction be?

Again there is a marked difference in saying I'm confident in my team and their abilities and saying there is no way my opponent can beat me 4 straight times.

If you don't get that, you just don't get it.

DrHouse
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't have a problem with a guy saying his opponent can't beat his team four times, or guaranteeing victories, or whatever. But the guy saying it can't be shooting 32 percent and acting like a turnstile on defense. Mo talked himself into being the center of attention in the series, and flat-out, he didn't come close to backing it up with his play. He let his team down.

:lmao

The Cavs got what they had coming to them. Their immaturity and childish antics were completely unbecoming of an NBA champion. They did not deserve to be in the Finals and are exactly where they should be right now, sleeping with the fishes.

Losing will build humility into Lebron and his complimentary role players. This is a good thing in the long run.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 02:55 PM
they should be right now, sleeping with the fishes.

They drowned? Man that sucks.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0506/nba_g_kobe_nash_395.jpg
Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty Images
Kobe Bryant didn't stick around after the game for hugs and handshakes, choosing to walk off the floor rather than congratulate Steve Nash and the Suns. The pregame greeting between the MVP candidates, one day before Nash officially receives the award, was as cordial as it got.

---------------------
Let's not be hypocrites. I think both of them were wrong. But Laker fan can't bash on Lebron and then say Kobe's situation was any different. The truth is, if you played the game, you know the unwritten rules. You congratulate your opponents on the court. You can't say "We don't know if Kobe congratulated them in the locker room" because you don't know if Lebron did either...you can't bash one guy and stand up for another for doing the same thing. It's called being two-faced. You can be a homer all you want, but when someone throws something blatantly obvious in your face, saying it's different is just plain ignorant.

Gino
06-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Shouldnt Jacko have to publicly apologize for making all Laker fans look like asses and bandwagoners?

I mean, this was only four years ago (when Kobe snubbed the Suns). Did Jacko not become a fan until this season or last?

Allanon
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
You can't say "We don't know if Kobe congratulated them in the locker room" because you don't know if Lebron did either...you can't bash one guy and stand up for another for doing the same thing. It's called being two-faced. You can be a homer all you want, but when someone throws something blatantly obvious in your face, saying it's different is just plain ignorant.

No disrespect Spursfan092120 meant, I just don't know if he came after the game to congratulate him or not. On the court's better, but in the locker room mono a mono is cool too.

On Kobe's side we do know he was there after the game and stuck around to do the press conference. In LeBron's case this year, all accounts tell of him getting changed and going straight to the bus.

In 2007, LeBron didn't congratulate the Spurs on the court but as Duncan228 pointed out, he stuck around and later hit Duncan up in the locker room. In my opionion, that's cool.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 01:28 PM
No disrespect Spursfan092120 meant, I just don't know if he came after the game to congratulate him or not. On the court's better, but in the locker room mono a mono is cool too.

On Kobe's side we do know he was there after the game and stuck around. In LeBron's case this year, all accounts tell of him getting changed and going straight to the bus.

In 2007, LeBron didn't congratulate the Spurs on the court but as Duncan228 pointed out, he stuck around and later hit him Duncan in the locker room. In my opionion, that's cool.
Yeah..and I agree...but I still think that it should be done on court..I guess that's from the athlete in me..it's a sign of respect.

Allanon
06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah..and I agree...but I still think that it should be done on court..I guess that's from the athlete in me..it's a sign of respect.

Definitely better if done on the court, I agree.

I didn't really care for the old Kobe....but Kobe's changed quite a bit since then. I am pretty sure he'll always be shaking hands on the court from now on.

I guess with age will come maturity.

Gino
06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
So let me get this straight.

Kobe disses Phoenix in 2006 by not acknowledging any of them before leaving the court in 2006.

Then in 2007, he acknowledges the Suns but goes into a press conference and blast his teammates. Then he publicly demands a trade in the ensuing weeks.

And Laker fans want to call out LeBron?

btw - still waiting on the apology Jacko needs to make to all Lakers fan for this thread. Please tell me not all Laker fans are this dumb or this new to the NBA.

Allanon
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Then in 2007, he acknowledges the Suns but goes into a press conference and blast his teammates. Then he publicly demands a trade in the ensuing weeks.

This would have been the Smartest thing for LeBron to do this year; although not the nicest.

He'll remain ringless until he pulls a 2007 Kobe.

Gino
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
This would have been the Smartest thing for LeBron to do this year; although not the nicest. He'll remain ringless until he pulls a 2007 Kobe.

Yes, because the Lakers were just sitting on their asses until Kobe let them know they were serious. Then they decided it might be a good idea to trade Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. :rolleyes

Allanon
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, because the Lakers were just sitting on their asses until Kobe let them know they were serious. Then they decided it might be a good idea to trade Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. :rolleyes

It put the Lakers on notice when he called out their under-achieving asses.

The Lakers that got the #1 West seed prior to Gasol was virtually the same team bitched out by Kobe...except that they were playing to their potential.

LeBron's team under-achieved in the Finals, he should have let 'em have it.

monosylab2k
06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
That piece of shit Mo Williams got what he deserved.

Gino
06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
It put the Lakers on notice when he called out their under-achieving asses.

The Lakers that got the #1 West seed prior to Gasol was virtually the same team bitched out by Kobe...except that they were playing to their potential.

LeBron's team under-achieved in the Finals, he should have let 'em have it.

Holy Shit.

Laker fans have convinced themselves that their unprecedented turnaround is due to Kobe's immaturity and not to the Gasol theft.

This must be the dumbest fan base in the history of sports.

Screw that, dumbest fan base in the history of anything. Honestly, who's more off base:

1) Laker Fans thinking their team would be where they are without the most lopsided trade in the last 30 years

2) A million pre-teen girls voting "Twilight" for best movie at the MTV awards.

Allanon
06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
1) Laker Fans thinking their team would be where they are without the most lopsided trade in the last 30 years

Celticfans only know about Bahston, oblivious to the outside world.

Lakers were #1 in the West prior to the Gasol trade.

Pau Gasol will be the Laker's long-term undoing much like KG for the Celtics. Pau is getting paid copious amounts of money..so much that the Lakers will have difficulties keeping Ariza/Odom/Brown.

If the Lakers hadn't done the lop-sided trade, they'd be a contender for a much longer period of time.

No Pau? Lakers could have re-signed Ariza/Odom/Shannon Brown easily.

No Pau? No problem. Lakers had a much cheaper Marc Gasol already on the team. As a rookie, Marc's averaging 12 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. And Marc makes $10 million less than Pau. Even as a rookie, Marc Gasol is better than most NBA Centers.

Lakers screwed up their long-term plans by bringing in Pau and trading Marc Gasol and Celticfan thinks it's "lop-sided"? Hahaha, maybe for the Grizz :lol

IronMexican
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Gino watching the MTV movie awards? Pretty damn gay.

DrHouse
06-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Holy Shit.

Laker fans have convinced themselves that their unprecedented turnaround is due to Kobe's immaturity and not to the Gasol theft.

This must be the dumbest fan base in the history of sports.

Screw that, dumbest fan base in the history of anything. Honestly, who's more off base:

2) A million pre-teen girls voting "Twilight" for best movie at the MTV awards.

How are the fish biting?

JustBlaze
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
blahblah blah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blah.
blah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blahblahblahblah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh.
blah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blah.

blah blah blahh blah blah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blahhblah blah blahh blahh blahblah blah blahh blahblah blah blahh blah.

Allanon
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm bitter because the Lakers have sent my Thuggetz fishing 9 times straight.

I understand.

JustBlaze
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I like little boys.
:wow

Allanon
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I am a little boy.

I know.

JustBlaze
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I know, it turns me on.
Wow, just wow.

Gino
06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Celticfans only know about Bahston, oblivious to the outside world.

Lakers were #1 in the West prior to the Gasol trade.

Pau Gasol will be the Laker's long-term undoing much like KG for the Celtics. Pau is getting paid copious amounts of money..so much that the Lakers will have difficulties keeping Ariza/Odom/Brown.

If the Lakers hadn't done the lop-sided trade, they'd be a contender for a much longer period of time.

No Pau? Lakers could have re-signed Ariza/Odom/Shannon Brown easily.

No Pau? No problem. Lakers had a much cheaper Marc Gasol already on the team. As a rookie, Marc's averaging 12 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. And Marc makes $10 million less than Pau. Even as a rookie, Marc Gasol is better than most NBA Centers.

Lakers screwed up their long-term plans by bringing in Pau and trading Marc Gasol and Celticfan thinks it's "lop-sided"? Hahaha, maybe for the Grizz :lol

Um..the Lakers were 28-16 on the day they made the Gasol trade. I dont know if that was first place but I seriously doubt it.

The year before, they were 27-17 after their first 44 games. Sounds like they were the same team that got beat in five games by the Suns before they traded for Gasol.

This is what Im talking about. The dumbest fanbase in the history of sports.

Gino
06-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Bump. Allanon, where did you get this stat that Lakers were in first place when they made the Gasol trade?

Or did you just make that shit up?

Allanon
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Bump. Allanon, where did you get this stat that Lakers were in first place when they made the Gasol trade?

Or did you just make that shit up?

Lakers were tearing it up, best in the West and only second to the Celtics overall prior to Bynum getting injured. Most of the posters here at ST know the Lakers had the #1 seed in the West prior to Bynum's injury.

The Gasol trade salvaged the Lakers 2008/09 season but the Lakers would have been contenders this year regardless of the Pau trade.

The national media started jumping on the bandwagon as well.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22481972/
January 3rd (pre-Bynum injury and pre-Gasol trade)

Quotes from article:
But the only thing really hot now is the Lakers, who have surprisingly emerged as a legitimate championship contender with a big front line and, of course, the irrepressible Bryant.

And now the Lakers, despite being the third-youngest team in the NBA, were competing with everyone in the conference.

They beat the Suns twice, split with the Spurs and Jazz, blew out the Nuggets. And they had the weapon no one really did in Bryant. There's nothing like the great finisher, especially in the playoffs, when the game slows some and the scores are lower. None of the contenders has a better one than Bryant.

KSeal
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, the Lakers were kicking some butt before Bynum went down and I still wonder how last year would have ended if Bynum never got hurt and we never traded for Pau. Drew was playing awesome same with Lamar and Kobe.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Allanon is right that before Bynum's injury during the 2007-2008 season the Lakers were contenders. However, at the time of the Gasol trade, they looked like they were headed up shit's creek without a paddle.

KSeal
06-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Allanon is right that before Bynum's injury during the 2007-2008 season the Lakers were contenders. However, at the time of the Gasol trade, they looked like they were headed up shit's creek without a paddle.

Well of course, when Bynum went down we were starting Kwame fucking Brown. We all remember that horrible Suns game...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I remember on Christmas of 2007 I had to watch Bynum curbstomp, face fuck, and toss Amare's salad for 48 minutes. At that time anyone with half a brain knew LA was a better team than Phoenix.

Allanon
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
However, at the time of the Gasol trade, they looked like they were headed up shit's creek without a paddle.

Absolutely, the Lakers were/are just Playoff 1st/2nd round fodder without Bynum or Pau or Marc.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Now that I think about it that's two straight incredibly shitty Christmas games for Phoenix.

Cry Havoc
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Lakers were tearing it up, best in the West and only second to the Celtics overall prior to Bynum getting injured. Most of the posters here at ST know the Lakers had the #1 seed in the West prior to Bynum's injury.

The Gasol trade salvaged the Lakers 2008/09 season but the Lakers would have been contenders this year regardless of the Pau trade.

The national media started jumping on the bandwagon as well.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22481972/
January 3rd (pre-Bynum injury and pre-Gasol trade)

Quotes from article:
But the only thing really hot now is the Lakers, who have surprisingly emerged as a legitimate championship contender with a big front line and, of course, the irrepressible Bryant.

And now the Lakers, despite being the third-youngest team in the NBA, were competing with everyone in the conference.

They beat the Suns twice, split with the Spurs and Jazz, blew out the Nuggets. And they had the weapon no one really did in Bryant. There's nothing like the great finisher, especially in the playoffs, when the game slows some and the scores are lower. None of the contenders has a better one than Bryant.

You do realize that without Gasol the Rockets send you fishing in 5 or 6 this year, right? You do remember that series a few weeks ago that almost ended your season, right?