PDA

View Full Version : Was in DC this weekend...

ElNono
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
...first time down in Washington. My parents are visiting from Argentina and we spent the weekend there along with the wife.
First, I have to say the downtown area and Georgetown are beautiful cities. All the National Mall area, along with the Capitol, the Washington monument, the Lincoln memorial and the White House are a sight to behold. Very recommendable to go visit for those who have never been.
Anyways, we were staying at the Holiday Inn that's right downtown, next to the FEMA building. There's a McDonalds in the corner, and we just finished eating a quick lunch on Friday. When we leave, there's secret service cars blocking the street, and cops everywhere basically preventing anybody from stepping down from the sidewalk. Big commotion. All of a sudden we see the motorcade, and none other than the president car going by and parking half a block away at the FEMA building, followed by a dozen or so black armored vans. It was all very quick. Wife snapped some pictures and what not. That right there made the visit worth it.
Anyways, we walked out of the crowd and to the Capitol, visited a bit, then it started to rain pretty bad, so we headed back to the hotel. And what do you know, we're walking back and same shit happens. Cops clearing out Independence Ave and the prez cruising right through again, this time waving from the inside of the limo.
So, at that point we though we've seen it all. Next day, we're going on one of this open top tour buses, that let you hop on and off, going through Georgetown, and as we reach a light, I see a guy with a comm wire to his ear, and I'm like WTF. There's a funky looking Blazer truck parked there, and all of a sudden, big commotion again. Michelle rushes out of a store there and enters the van. When we turn around, right around the corner, there's 3 or 4 black vans with police lights going. We're right in the middle. LOL. Anyways, bus keeps on moving and we kept our tour going, while everyone inside the bus is like 'Did you see her?'...

We drove back today. We had a great time over there, and the whole presidential sighting was the icing on the cake.

doobs
05-31-2009, 09:44 PM
How did his pecs look?

Seriously that sounds like quite an experience. Everyone should visit DC at least once.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-01-2009, 12:06 AM
tTjKWq9Gges&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjKWq9Gges&fmt=18
:danceclub:huddle::danceclub:huddle::danceclub

MannyIsGod
06-01-2009, 12:09 AM
I agree DC is a really neat town. I wish I'd had more time to spend there in January but hopefully I'll be back there in some manner soon.

urunobili
06-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I love DC...

Trivia question for all the Americans om the board.... which is the only non US president sculpture on the mall? :wakeup

whottt
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I love DC...

Trivia question for all the Americans om the board.... which is the only non US president sculpture on the mall? :wakeup

Luis fucking Scola?

DarrinS
06-01-2009, 10:39 AM
We had a great time over there, and the whole presidential sighting was the icing on the cake.

And then you Gizzed in Your Pants!

4pXfHLUlZf4

Stump
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I love DC...

Haven't been, but I'd guess Benjamin Franklin.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Haven't been, but I'd guess Benjamin Franklin.

Guessing the same.

Nbadan
06-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Martin Luther King, Jr?

The_Worlds_finest
06-01-2009, 08:02 PM
im not sure which statues your talking about I know the korean and vietnam war memorials have tons of statues/ But yeah the motorcad is cool unless your blocked off the highway while it drive by.

Dc is fun

ElNono
06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
The city was the star of our trip. All the way from the Capitol to the view of the downtown area from the JFK burial in Arlington Cemetery. The whole experience was really surreal.
The motorcade was a surprising perk, that's all. It was just fascinating to see all the caravan of vans and cars going by. There's some really badass looking black vans with big antennas and what not, the ambulance trailing, etc.
I would have been just as thrilled if it was Bush in the limo. It was just the experience that was great.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4585/45866690.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6085/51712902.jpg

Yonivore
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I haven't been to D. C. in almost 20 years.

To this day, the thing I remember most was that the subway was so clean you could eat off the floor in the stations.

Oh, and walking into a huge crowd at the Capitol waiting to see the Rev. Jesse Jackson speak. Must have been 50 or 60,000 people there.

Arlington Cemetary was a highlight.

Bender
06-01-2009, 11:53 PM
my parents took me there a bunch of times back in the late 1960s when I was a kid. we lived in woodbridge VA, close by. Haven't been there since then.