PDA

View Full Version : StL Rams for Sale

chrisattsu
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Saw this on ESPN News.

It looks like the Owner of the St. Louis Rams wants to sell the team. A lack of local buyers could see the franchise move to another city.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4218760

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
C'mon Red buy'em & bring'em to San Antonio!!!

baseline bum
05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Back to LA.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Back to LA.

Yup.

bresilhac
05-31-2009, 11:41 PM
C'mon Red buy'em & bring'em to San Antonio!!!

Yes! That is a great idea. Have Red McCombs or some other local billionaire buy them and bring them here to SA. I'd be the first in line to get season tickets!

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Fuck the Rams in LA. Raiders, or bust.

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
You know you'd go see them anyway IM....I'm not a Net fan but I go to see the games when I can. BTW, that sig is funny as hell, LOL.

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I'd see them if they played the Raiders. I go to Charger games when they play the Raiders.

Ditty
06-01-2009, 03:32 AM
i would lvoe for san antonio to get there steven jackson back but this time its on the gridiron lol

the HEB guy should buy them or red mcombs

thats would be awesome the san antonio rams

mytespurs
06-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Back to LA.

:lol

you read my mind! LA would finally get its football team back!

If Jerrry Buss would be a wonderful owner for a pro football franchise. He would bring in the right kind of people to build a winner because you can't survive in LA unless you win...its all about winning and nothing else! :hat

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 08:50 PM
:lol

you read my mind! LA would finally get its football team back!

If Jerrry Buss would be a wonderful owner for a pro football franchise. He would bring in the right kind of people to build a winner because you can't survive in LA unless you win...its all about winning and nothing else! :hat

Dodgers did jack shit for 20 years before last season.

redskinfan
06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Red likes to talk shit about how other people screwed our chances of bringing a team to town. Now is the time for Red to put up or shut up!

pkbpkb81
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Saw this on ESPN News.

It looks like the Owner of the St. Louis Rams wants to sell the team. A lack of local buyers could see the franchise move to another city.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4218760

I will buy them any one wanna throw it

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 12:46 PM
san antonio rams! ftw

DBryant88
06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
georgia frontiere is turning over in her grave right now

manufan10
06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
If Red was to somehow buy the Rams and bring them to San Antonio, a new team name and team color should take place. Let the people have San Antonio choose the name and new color scheme. Now that would be nice. If that happened what would name and color scheme would you suggest?

DBryant88
06-02-2009, 01:10 PM
pink and purple

the S.A. powder Puffs

manufan10
06-02-2009, 01:12 PM
The name I would steal from BASEketball, and go with the San Antonio Defenders. As for color scheme... I don't know.

stretch
06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
ill buy them

Extra Stout
06-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I hear the guy who owns the Blues is making a move to buy the Rams.

Extra Stout
06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
The St. Louis Rams have an opt-out clause in their lease which states that if the Edward Jones Dome is not a top-eight NFL facility in terms of revenue generation in 2014, the Rams can terminate the lease early and then are free to play anywhere starting with the 2015 season.

If San Antonio had a top-flight NFL facility at least funded and ready for construction in that time frame, there is no reason they couldn't be in play for a team, be it the Rams, or another struggling franchise like the Jaguars or Bills.

The Los Angeles suburb of Industry is finalizing plans to build a stadium near the CA 57/CA 60 interchange; currently it is working through legal challenges from area residents who do not want to live near an NFL stadium. Those challenges are expected to fail. However, the stadium sponsors are holding back from any discussions with the Rams owenrship group until the legal wrangling is over.

The Bills are thought to be headed to Toronto eventually, since owner Ralph Wilson has stipulated the team will be put up for sale upon his death, the Bills already are playing a series of games in Toronto, and wealthy interests in the city want the Bills there. However, Rogers Centre is considered to be too small and out-of-date to be a permanent NFL facility, so either major renovations or a new stadium would be necessary.

Al Davis says he holds exclusive rights to L.A. and will move the Raiders back there if they have a stadium, but he is a confused, senile man who does not know what day it is. He might accidentally move the Raiders to Boise, Idaho.

The NFL experiment in Jacksonville is foundering; it seems the market simply is too small for pro football to make money, so one figures eventually they will be headed elsewhere.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
The St. Louis Rams have an opt-out clause in their lease which states that if the Edward Jones Dome is not a top-eight NFL facility in terms of revenue generation in 2014, the Rams can terminate the lease early and then are free to play anywhere starting with the 2015 season.

If San Antonio had a top-flight NFL facility at least funded and ready for construction in that time frame, there is no reason they couldn't be in play for a team, be it the Rams, or another struggling franchise like the Jaguars or Bills.

The Los Angeles suburb of Industry is finalizing plans to build a stadium near the CA 57/CA 60 interchange; currently it is working through legal challenges from area residents who do not want to live near an NFL stadium. Those challenges are expected to fail. However, the stadium sponsors are holding back from any discussions with the Rams owenrship group until the legal wrangling is over.

The Bills are thought to be headed to Toronto eventually, since owner Ralph Wilson has stipulated the team will be put up for sale upon his death, the Bills already are playing a series of games in Toronto, and wealthy interests in the city want the Bills there. However, Rogers Centre is considered to be too small and out-of-date to be a permanent NFL facility, so either major renovations or a new stadium would be necessary.

Al Davis says he holds exclusive rights to L.A. and will move the Raiders back there if they have a stadium, but he is a confused, senile man who does not know what day it is. He might accidentally move the Raiders to Boise, Idaho.

The NFL experiment in Jacksonville is foundering; it seems the market simply is too small for pro football to make money, so one figures eventually they will be headed elsewhere.

Good read.

IronMexican
06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Al is bringing them back once the Stadium is finished in the city of Industry!

Extra Stout
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Al is bringing them back once the Stadium is finished in the city of Industry!
Just do us a favor --- slip him a tranquilizer when he starts screaming and cursing about the blue turf.