PDA

View Full Version : Will Lebron want Kidd?

Basketballgirl25
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know if the Cavs would do it or if they can, but do you think Lebron might want Kidd? I think I player like Kidd would be great playing with Lebron

pauls931
05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
I guess it would give them someone other than lebron to pass the ball. Not sure if Kidd can help the scrubs enough to put lesbron over the top.

Findog
05-31-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm sure the Cavs will offer Kidd their full MLE, but what LeBron needs more than a new PG is a legit big man. Varejao and Z are good players, but not good enough to deal with Dwight Howard. And it's clear the Cavs will have to get past him in the immediate future. You want the ball in LeBron's hands in crunch time anyway. That would relegate Kidd to spot-up shooter duty. He still runs the offense here and the Mavs can offer more money.

If the Mavs want him back, he'll be back. End of story. I'd say there's a 75% chance he's back in Dallas next year.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Isn't Nash going to be a Free Agent this offseason?

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm sure the Cavs will offer Kidd their full MLE, but what LeBron needs more than a new PG is a legit big man. Varejao and Z are good players, but not good enough to deal with Dwight Howard. And it's clear the Cavs will have to get past him in the immediate future. You want the ball in LeBron's hands in crunch time anyway. That would relegate Kidd to spot-up shooter duty. He still runs the offense here and the Mavs can offer more money.

If the Mavs want him back, he'll be back. End of story. I'd say there's a 75% chance he's back in Dallas next year.

Are you saying there's a 25% chance the Mavs DON'T want Kidd back?

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
I hope he stays in _allas, cuz he sux!

Ghazi
05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I hope he stays in _allas, cuz he sux!

lol 4-1

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
lol 4-1
:lol

Here we go.....

Bob Lanier
05-31-2009, 10:49 PM
I heard he wants Charles Barkley and David Robinson too.

Bob Lanier
No homo.

Bob Lanier
Seriously, I wanna lynch me a fag right now.

kamikazi_player
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Seriously, I wanna lynch me a fag right now.

lol 4-1
Lynch this faggot right here.

Leetonidas
05-31-2009, 10:57 PM
lol 4-1

lol 4 rings faggot

Findog
05-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Are you saying there's a 25% chance the Mavs DON'T want Kidd back?

I'm saying there's a slim to none chance that another team might for whatever reason dump us a good young PG, or we may somehow end up with a better option than Kidd.

SouthTexasRancher
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Classless Lebron doesn't deserve Kidd. I doubt Kidd would want to get traded again to another wannabe team. Spoiled Brat Lebron, got what he deserved last night....a total ass whipping by the Magic!

Bob Lanier
05-31-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm saying there's a slim to none chance that another team might for whatever reason dump us a good young PG, or we may somehow end up with a better option than Kidd.
Like Steve Nash?

JamStone
05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
I agree with Findog.

Kidd doesn't solve the issues they had with Orlando that has them fishing right now. They don't have a center that can match-up with the strength and athleticism Dwight Howard presented or a versatile forward that can match-up with Rashard Lewis' perimeter game.

Mo Williams didn't play that great in the ECF, but he wasn't more of a problem than matching up with the 4 and 5 spots.

Findog
05-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Like Steve Nash?

No. Kidd is a better player than Nash right now.

Rogue
06-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Maybe Donnie can trade stack/smokey/damp for shaq/nash, then kidd would seem less necessary for the mavs team even though Nash is not as good as him.

BRHornet45
06-01-2009, 12:04 AM
son Lebron wants to win so the answer is no.

jag
06-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Delonte West > Kidd

Rogue
06-01-2009, 12:07 AM
If Lebron wants to play with Kidd, then he should request his the cavs to trade him to Dallas. even for the cavs team, it may still be the best option to trade him right now than waste one more year of his career and lose him with nothing back.

LakerHater
06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
lol 4 rings faggot

There it is!!! :lol

Theres noway James would want Kidd, James wants to win!!
Kidd has provin hes a loser so he belongs in _allas!

jag
06-01-2009, 12:16 AM
If Lebron wants to play with Kidd, then he should request his the cavs to trade him to Dallas. even for the cavs team, it may still be the best option to trade him right now than waste one more year of his career and lose him with nothing back.

The Mavs would lose Dirk, Barea, Bass, and Terry.

Rogue
06-01-2009, 12:19 AM
There it is!!!

Theres noway James would want Kidd, James wants to win!!
Kidd has provin hes a loser so he belongs in _allas!
WTF can you use to prove Jason Kidd a loser, his two loses in NBA finals? It's already a great achievement to carry his team onto the top of east and into the NBA finals. Kobe Bryant has never been a winner in the NBA finals without Shaq but he has never been considered a loser, so your logics also fade the glory of Lakers and Kobe. oh yeah, you are a Laker Hater. :lol

LakerHater
06-01-2009, 12:22 AM
WTF can you use to prove Jason Kidd a loser, his two loses in NBA finals? It's already a great achievement to carry his team onto the top of east and into the NBA finals. Kobe Bryant has never been a winner in the NBA finals without Shaq but he has never been considered a loser, so your logics also fade the glory of Lakers and Kobe. oh yeah, you are a Laker Hater. :lol

:lol
Yes I am!:toast

...Anyway, the fact is Kobe has won, Kidd hasn't!!
Ok,OK maybe calling hima loser is harsh....lets just say he hasn't won.

Rogue
06-01-2009, 12:25 AM
I would be glad to see them lost if it means a trade that brings us Lebron and Mo Willams. Dirk and Terry won't have so many years to play at the all-star level, Bass and Barea are still rising though. BTW I have to remind you that Bass has been on Mavs for two seasons, which means we have got early bird rights for him, with which we can sign him at the greater one between 125% of his previous salary and the average salary, for sure he will be signed at the mid level and I'm pretty sure he will be satisfied with it. Barea has re-signed with the Mavs to 09-10 season so we still will have him play one more season as a boy in blue.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 12:43 AM
No. Kidd is a better player than Nash right now.
Nash: 15.7 PPG (50.3, 43.9, 93.3), 9.7 APG, 3.4 TOPG
Kidd: 9.0 PPG (41.6, 40.6, 81.9), 8.7 APG, 2.3 TOPG

Both are sieves on D. Not seeing it.

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 01:19 AM
You really are a dumb fuck

monosylab1k
06-01-2009, 01:20 AM

:lmao Bob Lanier says all kinds of retarded ass shit on SpursTalk.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry.

Jason Kidd is the second-best player in the NBA by Z-score normalized Impact Percentage, while Nash is the 24th (just behind Dirk). Keep that man no matter what the cost. A max contract, even - hell, let him beat your wife if he wants to.

Better?

Basketballgirl25
06-01-2009, 06:59 AM

If Mavs had a chance to get Lebron, they should do it, sure Dirk is good, but Lebron is the man now he will be playing long after Drik retires

21_Blessings
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Kidd may suck on D, but no where near the level Nash does. Kidd was top 5 in steals and has enough to size to guard the 2.

If Kidd goes to Cleveland he'll be splitting time with Mo and I guess West comes off the bench. They get worse defensively overall since West sees less minutes.

That's why you should come to LAL Jason. 1) Guaranteed to start 2) best shot at a ring 3) Plenty of Los Angelino whores to slap around, a wife beaters dream

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200904050DAL.html

Maybe neither of them are great defenders but one is A LOT worse than the other.

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Kidd's defensive rating was high this year. My man J Kidd is still a good defender, especially against 2 guards. The problem against quick point guards wasn't just Kidd, it was also getting paired w/ Barea/Terry/Wright and the lack of lateral quickness from Dirk/Dampier.

Nash had a poor rating I believe. Although the Suns ratings were skewed by their radical change in style of play after the All Star Break, which explains Amare's high defensive rating.

But if you're Steve Nash, you don't have to play defense when you're so BRILLIANT offensively.

Exhibit A:
NWyetpWh-yc

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
And I hate to agree with 21_Blessings but if Kidd is really guaranteed a starting job by them he would be retarded to go anywhere but LA.

The problem there is idk if LA will go after Kidd. The last time Phil signed a future HOF veteran PG that had the ball in his hands his entire career (Payton) it failed miserably. They are going to use their MLE on Trevor Ariza and I doubt Kidd signs anywhere for the vet's minimum.

The Lakers should resign Ariza for the MLE, and try to get Grant Hill rather than Kidd.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
How about the game immediately before that?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200903100PHO.html

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200812040DAL.html)

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804060PHO.html)

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200611240PHO.html)

Head-to-head matchups prove very little in the greater scheme of things.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
How about the game immediately before that?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200903100PHO.html

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200812040DAL.html)

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804060PHO.html)

Or this one? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200611240PHO.html)

Head-to-head matchups prove very little in the greater scheme of things.

The first two are games when Nash was guarding Jose Juan Barea. Giving up 18 points to that midget is embarrassing. Thanks for proving my point.

NBA Junkie
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
The Cavaliers need a proven interior scorer more than they need a point guard.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 01:11 PM
The first two are games when Nash was guarding Jose Juan Barea. Giving up 18 points to that midget is embarrassing. Thanks for proving my point.
Perhaps Kidd's performance should go on Leandro Barbosa then, eh? Or on Matt Barnes or Shaq for not holding up their end of the pick-and-roll. Or on Grant Hill for failing to rotate correctly. Or...

Thanks for proving mine.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 01:11 PM
The Cavaliers need a proven interior scorer more than they need a point guard.
Like Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Perhaps Kidd's performance should go on Leandro Barbosa then, eh? Or on Matt Barnes or Shaq for not holding up their end of the pick-and-roll. Or on Grant Hill for failing to rotate correctly. Or...

Thanks for proving mine.

Just out of curiosity did you watch any of those games?

Or are you just being a contrary douche that thinks he knows everything and is just arguing for the hell of it?

NBA Junkie
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Like Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

You mean the same 7-3 Center who's more interested in taking 20 foot jumpshots than posting up anyone?

jacobdrj
06-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Yuck? Why. He can't shoot. He needs shooters.

Reeko_Htown
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Nope. He want's Amare. He wants a "Real" big in the paint. What does Kidd bring to the table? Fastbreaks? Cavs have that.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Just out of curiosity did you watch any of those games?
A Suns game? Are you kidding me?

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
You mean the same 7-3 Center who's more interested in taking 20 foot jumpshots than posting up anyone?
Ask Mike Brown. I suspect he'd tell you that that opens up driving lanes for James.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
A Suns game? Are you kidding me?

Exactly. STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

Cane
06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
No one should "want" Kidd, not even the poorly managed Mavs. He's simply too old and slow to compete in this era of incredible (and incredibly quick too) PG's. Not to mention he can barely do anything offensive or defensively and HAS to defer otherwise his team suffers.

Kidd is only decent if he's brought off the bench. Even then he's too much of a liability against young talent.

Findog
06-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Your premise is wrong.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Jason Kidd sure looked like a sieve against Tony Parker. And against Chauncey Billups, who he once defended very well.

Or maybe he's still the old Kidd except when it matters. Hey, I'm willing to grant you that.

21_Blessings
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
The problem there is idk if LA will go after Kidd. The last time Phil signed a future HOF veteran PG that had the ball in his hands his entire career (Payton) it failed miserably. They are going to use their MLE on Trevor Ariza and I doubt Kidd signs anywhere for the vet's minimum.

The Lakers should resign Ariza for the MLE, and try to get Grant Hill rather than Kidd.

No, the Lakers aren't using their MLE on Ariza as they have his bird rights.

Kidd is perfect for the triangle at this point in his career. Doesn't demand many shots and he's a good spot up shooter that can hit the wide open 3; which is something he'll see plenty of playing next to Mamba. Payton was never a good catch/shoot guy.

Other than that, Kidd brings his IQ which is leaps and bounds above Derek Fisher's. Also, defensive rebounding and passing.

Don't see the point of going after Hill. He's inferior to Ariza and too slow to the play the 1. If the Lakers use their MLE it's going to be for a PG, most likely Kidd or Bibby.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
No, the Lakers aren't using their MLE on Ariza as they have his bird rights.

Kidd is perfect for the triangle at this point in his career. Doesn't demand many shots and he's a good spot up shooter that can hit the wide open 3; which is something he'll see plenty of playing next to Mamba. Payton was never a good catch/shoot guy.

Other than that, Kidd brings his IQ which is leaps and bounds above Derek Fisher's. Also, defensive rebounding and passing.

Don't see the point of going after Hill. He's inferior to Ariza and too slow to the play the 1. If the Lakers use their MLE it's going to be for a PG, most likely Kidd or Bibby.

Maybe there's a rule I'm missing but I think a team needs to have a player for three seasons in order to have bird rights. Maybe that rule is exempt if the player was acquired in a trade.

The point in Hill is cause if they can get him for the min or close to it it's great value. I wouldn't use the MLE on him. I don't know a whole lot about the triangle but from what I know he seems like a great fit since he's a great passer, slightly above average defender, great cutter and great at playing off big men.

The big question here is what happens with Odom. If they lose Odom then adding depth at PF and C will be their biggest concern.

Bukefal
06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I would want to see TP with Lebron. And no, I dont want tony going there, And no I dont think lebron will come in SA. But just the thought, TP and Lebron.