PDA

View Full Version : Who the F are all you losers watching MTV?

monosylab1k
06-01-2009, 01:13 AM
That station was lame as hell 20 years ago, but it went from lame to extremely fucking gay in the past decade or so.

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 01:17 AM
I watch True Life. That's about it.

mookie2001
06-01-2009, 01:22 AM
obviously mtv is for teenage girls and homosexual preteens
they stopped playing music 10 years ago
i wouldve watched to see eminem get face bloadded if its real anyway

true life was watchable when there was true life im a high school cheerleader, true life i have big tits, true life im a stripper, true life im a slut, true life im a swimsuit model. then it just got real pedestrian true life im in college, true life im mexican, true life i live in a apartment, true life im in high school, true life im poor, true life cameras follow me around, etc

monosylab1k
06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
true life was watchable when they has true life im a high school cheerleader, true life i have big tits, true life im a stripper, true life im a slut, true life im a swimsuit model. then it just got real funny, true life im in college, true life im mexican, true life i live in a apartment, true life im in high school, true life im poor, true life cameras follow me around, etc

lol

let's not forget "true life i'm a muay thai fighter"

mookie2001
06-01-2009, 01:25 AM
true life i have an mma blog

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
:lol The older episodes are definitely better.

NewJerSpur
06-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Some other variations of MTV are cool (i.e. MTVU, MTV Jams when they play old school Hip Hop, etc.).

Bukefal
06-01-2009, 04:23 AM
MTV was cool years ago, now it turned into crap. But I do like to watch Cribs.

stretch
06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
the only things i ever watched on MTV was jackass, beavis and butthead, and viva la bam.

baseline bum
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
obviously mtv is for teenage girls and homosexual preteens
they stopped playing music 10 years ago
i wouldve watched to see eminem get face bloadded if its real anyway

true life was watchable when there was true life im a high school cheerleader, true life i have big tits, true life im a stripper, true life im a slut, true life im a swimsuit model. then it just got real pedestrian true life im in college, true life im mexican, true life i live in a apartment, true life im in high school, true life im poor, true life cameras follow me around, etc

MTV has been dead to me ever since they killed off Fab 5 Freddy, Dr. Dre, & Ed Lover and Yo! MTV Raps. I love the episode when they went and interviewed NWA from the back of a truck driving through Compton.

baseline bum
06-01-2009, 08:33 AM
MTV has been dead to me ever since they killed off Fab 5 Freddy, Dr. Dre, & Ed Lover and Yo! MTV Raps. I love the episode when they went and interviewed NWA from the back of a truck driving through Compton.

Nice, found it:

UoXR4ogyzVk

robino2001
06-01-2009, 11:47 AM
The best moment on MTV ever was when Old Dirty Bastard took MTV along in a limo with his numerous kids to pick up his food stamps/welfare check.

Xylus
06-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I haven't watched MTV in many, many years. I was a teenager during the TRL heydays, so MTV was pretty uncool growing up.

Thunder Dan
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
I miss the old MTV. Maybe I liked it becuase I was a teen, and now that I'm older I don't like the things teens like now

But I miss:
The Tom Green Show
Singled Out (I don't know why)
MTV Beach House for the Summer
120 Minutes
MTV UNPLUGGED (most especially)
YO! MTV Raps
Lip Service (a lame show, but it was funny)
Beavis and Butthead

I also miss the music video blocks. I know that MTV changed because they want higher ratings, but if they went back to the old format they would still have a loyal following. There are a ton of 20-30 year old that would love a MTV classic or something. It wouldn't break ratings records, but it would still be solid. I miss all the old shit they did, now it's all a bunch of lame reality shows

I don't know if I miss it or not, but does anyone remember the name of the show where they would play like 3 videos and you would have to call in and vote which one stays? I forget the exact format, but it gave you the percentage at the bottom and it would change throughout the show

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I was flipping through MTV and saw miley cyrus beat out paramore for some song award.
bullshit

Thunder Dan
06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Come on, Who didn't like Singled Out when they were younger? Jenny McCarthy was annoying as fuck, but the show was still a good watch

jeqrGJUHM9w

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I stopped watching MTV after Real World 2.

baseline bum
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
The best moment on MTV ever was when Old Dirty Bastard took MTV along in a limo with his numerous kids to pick up his food stamps/welfare check.

:lmao That was classic.

DisAsTerBot
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
the only thing i miss is Sifl and Olly...

CuckingFunt
06-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I still find myself flipping to MTV every now and then out of habit, but it's pretty painful to watch these days.

Last time I actually liked the channel, though, was around 1997 or so. They still weren't playing as much actual music as I would have liked, but they had a lot of programming that not only involved music, but actually took kind of a nerdy/hipster approach to it. MTV Live was MUCH better than TRL and was hosted by Matt Pinfield and the like -- people who weren't particularly "hot," but knew music. 12 Angry Viewers was kind of a cool show, and MTV2 was brand new and my favorite channel in the world. MTV2 sucks just as hard as MTV now, but when it started there were no VJs, it was nothing but videos, and the music was random as hell. They'd go from Southern Culture on the Skids, to King Missile, to Tupac, to an old B-52s track, etc. It was great.

DarkReign
06-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Nice, found it:

UoXR4ogyzVk

Fuck. Yes. I didnt even like rap at the time (didnt appreciate NWA, EZ-E until much later), but Yo! MTV Raps was always amusing.

Ed Lover.

DarkReign
06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
MTV died in the mid 90s for me.

Or should I say, Real World Killed Television as We Knew It.

Spurminator
06-01-2009, 03:59 PM
You guys want VH1 Classic.

Bukefal
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
You guys want VH1 Classic.

Yeah, now thats a cool channel! :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I only watch the awards shows and Fantasy Factory.

Strike
06-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I still have never forgiven MTV for killing the Headbangers Ball. With no warning, no less. One weekend it was on, the next, nada. Total bullshit the way it went out. Riki Rachtman didn't even get much of a heads up. Yeah he was kind of a douche but he got all the big metal bands to sit in back in the day. Who remembers Nirvana came in with Kurt Cobain in a dress? TV GOLD. I miss the classic shit like The Ball, YO! MTV Raps, Remote Control, Friday Night Rock Blocks, mid to late 80's shit. Rockumentary was a cool show (pre-"Behind The Music") and obviously classics like Beavis & Butthead, and Jackass were all the shit. But when music became less and less of a focus, I stopped watching.

And why the FUCK won't they release "The State" on DV-FUCKING-D? WHY??????

:bang

dirk4mvp
06-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Fantasy Factory is great. And that's about it.

baseline bum
06-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Fuck. Yes. I didnt even like rap at the time (didnt appreciate NWA, EZ-E until much later), but Yo! MTV Raps was always amusing.

Ed Lover.

NWA was such a sick group. Cube is probably a top 3 rapper all-time, Eazy top 5-10, and Ren is probably the most underrated lyricist in the history of hip hop; maybe because his solo stuff he tried to be too hard and really fell off after Kizz My Black Azz, but no one can tell me this isn't a great flow:

syTYfFz7jHc

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I HATE that shit! (MTV)

Booharv
06-01-2009, 11:52 PM

Jacob1983
06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
MTV blows. They only show music videos from like 2am to 5am. Fuse is the best in my opinion. They actually show music videos most of the time. It's sad that there is an MTV and MTV2 and they hardly ever show music videos.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 01:51 AM
MTV died in the mid 90s for me.

Or should I say, Real World Killed Television as We Knew It.

It sure did.....now the only thing allowed on television is Reality shows, even though many are staged to a degree. I did like real world X however in New York, mainly because of Coral.....yeah, she was a witch, but boy she had some tig ole' biddies.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 01:53 AM
I miss the old MTV. Maybe I liked it becuase I was a teen, and now that I'm older I don't like the things teens like now

But I miss:
The Tom Green Show
Singled Out (I don't know why)
MTV Beach House for the Summer
120 Minutes
MTV UNPLUGGED (most especially)
YO! MTV Raps
Lip Service (a lame show, but it was funny)
Beavis and Butthead

I also miss the music video blocks. I know that MTV changed because they want higher ratings, but if they went back to the old format they would still have a loyal following. There are a ton of 20-30 year old that would love a MTV classic or something. It wouldn't break ratings records, but it would still be solid. I miss all the old shit they did, now it's all a bunch of lame reality shows

I don't know if I miss it or not, but does anyone remember the name of the show where they would play like 3 videos and you would have to call in and vote which one stays? I forget the exact format, but it gave you the percentage at the bottom and it would change throughout the show

Wasn't as big on Tom Green or Beavis and Butthead as my peers, but I liked the rest of it.....and having a Classic MTV channel would be a great idea IMO.

phyzik
06-02-2009, 09:00 AM
how can there possibly be an Mtv thread and no one mentions Liquid Television? WTF?

resistanze
06-02-2009, 09:35 AM
The best animated series ever was on MTV, Downtown. Of course, they cancelled that shit after one season. Luckily the creator of the show was sellling DVDs on the series and I was able to get one shipped to me.

LnGrrrR
06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
And why the FUCK won't they release "The State" on DV-FUCKING-D? WHY??????

:bang

NO FUCKING SHIT!

My brother and I used to love that show! And then they came out with a few episodes on Xbox Live... and now they're nowhere to be found. Wtf? Bastards!

Put the State on DVD, you assholes! :flipoff

BWS-1994
06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
MTV Jams
Beavis and Butthead
Jackass
Daria
Celebrity Deathmatch

Pimp My Ride and Cribs were interesting too.

And yeah, they did have MTV Classics before (mostly about the 80's and early 90's) at least here in South East Asia.

MTV was better here when it covered the whole SEA, rather than having one MTV per SEA country now.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I also forgot about Liquid Television. The funny thing was it had some rather riskay animation on it, yet it came on rather early during the day on Sundays....I thought it was weird, but strangely entertaining.

Pimp My Ride was cool when the service location was "West Coast Customs" (the personnel their was funnier), but when the contract was up there and they went with "Gas" it got real corny real fast to me. Cribs has to be the most addictive Reality television program out there.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Props to whoever remembers the beachhouse mtv summer programming.

"I-am-tha-MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!!" lol
MTV got too gay for viewing when Real World got really popular, B&B stopped, Carson Daly was hired, and TRL started. These all happened within a year or so of each other, around 97 or 98.

MTV2 was supposedly amazing when it was M2, and played constant music videos. But I never had the channel.

I admit I used to watch Singled Out. But only for Jenny McCarthy. Then for Carmen. I even watched the Jenny McCarthy show for the onscreen poon.

the liquid tv era was more amazing than any of us realized at the time. Anyone with the foresight to record all the original beavis and butthead in their entirety, before they got editted by nutless neocons and their bitch wives' activism, and copyright issues, would be worth twice his weight in gold today.

Without B&B pushing the envelope the way they did, South Park gets cancelled after three episodes.