PDA

View Full Version : Stan Van Gundy Draws Up Play In Barbecue Sauce

flipcritic
06-01-2009, 06:18 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/stan_van_gundy_draws_up?utm_source=a-section

ORLANDO—During a timeout in Game 4 of Tuesday's Eastern Conference Finals, Magic head coach and barbecue aficionado Stan Van Gundy used the rich, tangy sauce on his index finger to diagram an offensive scheme on his clipboard. "First off, you're going to stack up like...like this rack of ribs, and then you're going to outlet pass me that last piece of cornbread," said Van Gundy, motioning toward Mickael Pietrus while licking at the brownish-red glaze coating his mustache. "Turkoglu, I want you to set a screen where I've set these chunks of pulled pork to, uh, [unintelligible]—this small chunk of pulled pork—near the perimeter. Christ, that's good. Then Dwight [Howard], this chicken drumstick, should be open under the hoop." Although Howard was in fact open in the paint, the center missed the pass, as he was still partially blinded by barbecue sauce that had spattered from Van Gundy's mouth.

Halberto
06-01-2009, 06:59 AM
now I have to get some barbeque

pauls931
06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
damn, it´s the onion, I really wanted to believe he did that, hopefully during a regular season game.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Man, if I could have a threesome with the Onion, I definitely would.

sook
06-01-2009, 09:30 AM
the onion sucks.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
the onion sucks.

:huh

Blasphemy.

If anything, you have to give them credit for being prophetic...