stretch
06-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Super Bowl bound

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Yes!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
I think they'll be a borderline playoff team but IMO they probably lost talent when compared to last year. The Jeremy Maclin aka Desean Jackson pt. 2 pick made no sense.

samikeyp
06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I think they will be good. It will be another tough year in the NFC East.

BUMP
06-01-2009, 11:25 AM
losing Dawkins and Sheppard will be huge.

Dawkins was their emotional leader, and Sheppard was a quality corner. If Jim Johnson takes a leave of absence than this team will probably not be very good. this is wishful thinking from a Cowboy fan though

Spurs rock
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
nope.

monosylab1k
06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
They lost alot on defense, got very little back on offense. People are severely overrating the Jeremy Maclin pickup. Maclin will be a good player, but look at the track record of nearly all rookie WR's - they almost always suck in their rookie year.

Blake
06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
10-6 wild card at best.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Maclin does nothing for them. McNabb's big problem last year was no security blanket to get a rhythm going. A rookie receiver with the route running skills of a high school freshman is anything but a security blanket.

benefactor
06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
They will be better than Dallas, but that's not a guarantee they will be good.

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
10-6 wild card at best.

Going by their schedule, I can see that. :tu We get the Cowboys at the end of the season again. :ihit

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
12-4, winning the NFC east. I've always been a McNabb fan. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 01:21 PM
12-4, winning the NFC east. I've always been a McNabb fan. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.

I love McNabb as well and he's great at carrying offenses with shit at reciever but he lost both Runyan and Tra Thomas (the tackles who have been there for most of his career) and still has shit at receiver.

samikeyp
06-01-2009, 02:23 PM
When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Agreed.

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I love McNabb as well and he's great at carrying offenses with shit at reciever but he lost both Runyan and Tra Thomas (the tackles who have been there for most of his career) and still has shit at receiver.

Runyan was a shell of his former self. If Peters plays as good as he can, that OL will be much improved.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Runyan was a shell of his former self. If Peters plays as good as he can, that OL will be much improved.

Shit I forgot they got Peters and Stacy Andrews which is prolly an improvement.

Their defense is still a big problem IMO. They got rid of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard and replaced them with Ellis "I can't guard receivers over 5 feet 8 inches tall" Hobbs.

stretch
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM

Dawkins was their emotional leader, and Sheppard was a quality corner. If Jim Johnson takes a leave of absence than this team will probably not be very good. this is wishful thinking from a Cowboy fan though

They lost alot on defense, got very little back on offense. People are severely overrating the Jeremy Maclin pickup. Maclin will be a good player, but look at the track record of nearly all rookie WR's - they almost always suck in their rookie year.

Their defense is still a big problem IMO. They got rid of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard and replaced them with Ellis "I can't guard receivers over 5 feet 8 inches tall" Hobbs.

They didn't lose nearly as much as you guys say. Losing Dawkins hurt, but they still got some very solid replacements at the safety positions, and Quentin Mikell turned out to be a hell of a safety as well. And they also have a very young defense that is still developing. The guys they have are going to still be improving. And I don't think they have lost Brown yet, and Hobbs is much better as a nickel back since he will be matched up against more quick, small guys, instead of getting raped by guys like Plaxico. Sheppard didn't even play that much. The growth out of their youth on defense i think will make up quite well for their losses. And lets not kid ourselves... aside from the Patriots, no team over the past 10 years has dealt with "major losses" as well as the Eagles. they constantly lose solid or big name players that should be "huge blows" yet still overcome them and are constantly a very competitive team (corey simon, jeremiah trotter, troy vincent, michael lewis, bobby taylor, hugh douglas, roderick hood, etc...).

And on offense, fact is, McNabb has gotten though his career with crap at WR, and this year is no different. The offense has always relied on whether the team stays healthy or not. Having Curtis back and healthy will help a lot more than people think, and they may have one of the fastest recieving cores the league has ever seen (Curtis, Jackson, Maclin are all burners).

bostonguy
06-01-2009, 03:49 PM
The Eagles have always been good at replacing departing players and keeping their D as one of the best in the league. I think they will be in the thick of things in the NFC yet again.

LakerHater
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, they be good!!

I think they'll finish 2nd in the division, behind the Giants!

JudynTX
07-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Hank Baskett married Kendra (Playboy Playmate) last weekend. I wonder how long that marriage will last?

sam1617
07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
They could be anywhere from 6-10, all the way to 12-4 IMO. They have some flaws, but they have some strengths too. If Westbrook and McNabb stay healthy, I think they can be a quality team, especially if their young players develop.

Of course, these days, that could be the prognosis for half the teams in the NFL... Stupid parity...

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Kevin Mutha Fucking Kolb!!!!!!!!!!

NewJerSpur
07-06-2009, 07:05 PM
If McNabb can stay healthy for 2 years straight (don't think it's been done in a while) I think so....though the health of their legendary defensive coordinator may also play a hand in matters. The new O-Line has to gell but Donovan has some great weapons. As a Seahawk fan, I can say that Leonard Weaver will be a great fit, as the Eagles are excellent at utilizing hybrid backs that aren't great at any one thing but rather good at a bunch of different things. Though they've lost some pieces on defense they got a versatile secondary player from the Pats in Hobbs who will give their ST a boost as well. At the very least playoff bound....they got to the playoffs last year with less (including 1 1/2 RBs).

Hooks
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I think they'll be a borderline playoff team but IMO they probably lost talent when compared to last year. The Jeremy Maclin aka Desean Jackson pt. 2 pick made no sense.

You don't really know what you're talking about LOL

Desean is a BEAST as a rookie he was getting doubled a lot, the addition of Maclin improves this offense greatly. I wouldn't mind having another D Jackson on the field, that's a fast ass WR core.

The Eagles kept everybody on defense except for Lito Sheppard and Dawkins, Lito sucked he wasn't the CB he used to be and the Eagles have got a bunch of talented CBs. They also replaced Dawkins with Jones who is pretty darn good, I don't know if you'd been watching but Dawkins isn't the player he used to be he's old now Sean Jones for sure will be an upgrade.

Eagles Losses:

Dawkins
Sheppard
LJ Smith (SUCKS ASS! Holy hell this guy sucks, I'm so freaken glad we got rid of his ass)
Old injury plagued O-Linemen

Eagles' Offensive additions this year:

Leonard Weaver, FINALLY we have a legit FB we haven't had one since Jon Ritchie. This guy is going to help out our short yardage situations greatly and help with blocking we didn't have shit last year at FB.

Jeremy Maclin, Desean v2? Hell yeah I'll take it, McNabb will have another target I think Maclin is going to have a very good season this year. There was nobody else on the board that we should've taken.

Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl tackle this guy is beastly. Best LT in the NFL? Instantly upgrades our O Line

Stacy Andrews, can this guy regain his form? He was a 2 time pro bowl player in '06 and '07. Excellent addition.

THE BIG KID Shawn Andrews, yes he's coming back. Before his depression stuff happened he a pro bowl player. This guy was one of the best Offensive line men in the NFL. He was one of the main reasons Westbrook was able to tear it up.

In 2006 B West rushed for 1,200 yards then in 2007 he rushed for 1,300 yards. Then Andrews went down and guess how many yards he had this year? 900, Andrews made a huge difference, B West's recieving yards also went down a shit load.

We finally got rid of LJ Smith, not only could he not block but he couldn't catch for shit.

So now we have a brand new TE starting-Brent Celek. This guy was tearing it up in the playoffs this will be his breakout season, he's gonna be really good. The only person holding him back was LJ Smith since he was starting.

Celek was the Eagle's best reciever in the playoffs with 19 catches, 3 TD's and 150 yards. Imagine his stats next year in the Reg. Season.

The Eagles got the NFC East on lock if they stay healthy and McNabb plays well.

Oh and we also get McCoy and Ingram who I think both have a lot of potential.

Final Record- 12-4 or 13-3, I hope.

Spurtacus
07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Peeagles suck.

manufan10
07-06-2009, 07:58 PM
They'll be good. They always seem to be. However, like mentioned above it will be if McNabb can stay healthy. He's had a rough couple of years at trying to stay healthy. If McNabb can't stay healthy, then it would be tough to stay very competitive.

J.T.
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
This is the model for an Eagles season the last decade:

Healthy McNabb, Philly wins playoff games

Hurt McNabb, lol eagles

ducks
07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
cheerleaders yes
football team no

StylisticS
07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
So I guess people do not know that Jim Johnson, the Defensive coordinator that has those great blitz packages and is very aggressive, will not be with the team this season. Offense should be good. Defense, I don't know. They lose Johnson and their emotional leader. They could easily be an 8-8 team or 13-3. But after this season, it will be 50 years and counting.:lol

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
:bang Is it football season yet?

rjv
07-20-2009, 12:18 PM
unfortunately yes, the eagles will be pretty good this year. (as long as mcnabb stays healthy that is).

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 12:26 PM
unfortunately yes, the eagles will be pretty good this year. (as long as mcnabb stays healthy that is).

I agree. Of course it helps with the easy schedule that they have. :D

JudynTX
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
If we needed anymore motivation, this is it.

WIN IT FOR JIM JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirk4mvp
07-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Better than the Cowboys by default.

lol 44-6

BUMP
07-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Jim Johnson was about 90% of that defense. Even when McNabb was out, that defense always scared you because of their aggressiveness and discipline.

I'm not trying to rub salt on an open wound, well it is Philly fans so i could care less actually, but without JJ they will be a lot worse off.

Imagine if Baltimore lost Ray Lewis and Rex Ryan the same year. That defense wouldn't be the same either

Phillip
07-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Jason Peters sucks.

you might be the worst poster on spurstalk

gaKNOW!blee
07-29-2009, 05:40 PM
lol someone just called Jason Peters the best LT in football?

ROFL! I watched him play 16 SHITTY games last year.

Led the league in sacks allowed and only had like 13 starts....he had one good year but if Joey Porter gets 4 sacks off him, I can't wait to see what Demarcus Ware is going to do.

LOL texans
07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
without johnson, they become average, just watch.

Whisky Dog
07-29-2009, 09:27 PM

Looks like it's a permanent leave of absense.

bostonguy
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Sucks Jim Johnson passed away. He was one of my favorite D. Coordinators in the league. I cant determine if this hurts their team this badly yet.

gaKNOW!blee
08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Stewart Bradley just tore his ACL? That really hurts that defense.

JudynTX
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM
:bang

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP in Philly reports that Eagles middle linebacker Stewart Bradley suffered a torn ACL on Sunday night during a scrimmage.

He's expected to be out for the year.

Bradley became the starter last year at the position, and he was expected to be the primary signal-caller on defense this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/report-torn-acl-for-stewart-bradley/

BUMP
08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I mailed Andy Reid the "We were better than the Cowboys last decade" trophy.

I wonder if he's got it yet

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Maybe the rest of the NFC can have enough bad luck so the Cardinals limp their way into the superbowl again. An Eli Manning torn ACL would really help out here, hopefully Matt Ryan and Drew Brees play the Chiefs this season and Bernard Pollard can work his magic.

dirk4mvp
08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe the rest of the NFC can have enough bad luck so the Cardinals limp their way into the superbowl again. An Eli Manning torn ACL would really help out here, hopefully Matt Ryan and Drew Brees play the Chiefs this season and Bernard Pollard can work his magic.

You're not worried about Tony Romo come playoff time?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 01:46 PM
You're not worried about Tony Romo come playoff time?

One of my worst nightmares is the Cowboys having a game winning 30 yard field goal with him as the snapholder.

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I think they're #1 in the NFC. I have them, Carolina and Atlanta as the top 3.

JudynTX
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I changed my avatar, ready for the season to begin. :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I think they're #1 in the NFC. I have them, Carolina and Atlanta as the top 3.

O good, the three teams AZ beat in the playoffs.

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 04:10 PM
And and Philly and Atlanta got better. Atlanta adds Gonzo and a year older Matt Ryan, and Philly gives McNabb his second best O since he's been there(Very arguable that this team is better than the 04-05 O). And Delhomme has a lot of pressure on him to perform after last that NFC Divisional game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
And and Philly and Atlanta got better. Atlanta adds Gonzo and a year older Matt Ryan, and Philly gives McNabb his second best O since he's been there(Very arguable that this team is better than the 04-05 O). And Delhomme has a lot of pressure on him to perform after last that NFC Divisional game.

Philly's D won't be the same with JJ gone, plain and simple.

And Carolina could easily fade this year if they aren't able to run the ball like they did a year ago.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Donavon is underrated. He is one bad motherfucker. They seldom mention him with the best QB's the past 3-4 seasons. Atleast from what I have seen. With that said no way they are the best in NFC. I like Giants, Cowboys,Falcons, Carolina, Green Bay perhap even da Bears, Vikings even though we don't know who starter at qb is and Cardinals.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Why is everyone so enamored with Green Bay?

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
If that D steps up to anywhere near 2007 level, they are contenders. It wasn't the offense that let them down last season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 05:08 PM
If that D steps up to anywhere near 2007 level, they are contenders.

2007 level? Was their D particularly good in 2007? If I recall they sucked that season.

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
They had one of the best D's in the NFL in 2007.

bostonguy
08-03-2009, 05:49 PM
On paper Carolina has a nice team, but every year they are expected to do something and then fold in the playoffs. I dont think they will be better than last year. They will contend for the division and lose early in the playoffs. The Eagles IMO are the best team in their division.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
They had one of the best D's in the NFL in 2007.

I honestly didn't know. Either way their D gets a lot worse with JJ gone.

IronMexican
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I thought we were talking about the Packers, lol. The Eagles are still going to be beasts on D. That Coordinator has it in stowed in they're brain.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
OOOOOOOOO

Now I know why i was confused. Yeah I agree about the Packers' D. I thought you were saying the Eagles had a great D in 2007.

But I agree, that offense wasn't the problem last year (so no you stupid Favre lovers, don't blame Aaron Rodgers).

dirk4mvp
08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I think the Packers are going to be nice.

Hooks
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Shit!

Our starting MLB tore his ACL, I have no idea how the D will do this year. We are sort of stacked at LB, hopefully Joe Mays steps up every time I've seen him play he did something good on the field.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
The Eagles seem to get production out of their LB regardless. My big concern with them is their secondary.

SpuronyourFace
08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Eagles Lose Defensive Starter Bradley For Season, Torn ACL..

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP in Philadelphia reports that Eagles MLB Stewart Bradley will miss the 2009 season after tearing his ACL in practice Sunday.
Bradley isn't a household name, but he was getting there. It's a huge blow to the Eagles, a popular preseason Super Bowl pick. Bradley led the team in tackles last season and was poised for a leap as a second-year starter. Omar Gaither, who has started in the middle before, is his likely replacement. Gaither is a downgrade in terms of both run-stopping and big-play ability.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ewart-bradley/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/report-torn-acl-for-stewart-bradley/)

JudynTX
08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Why is everyone so enamored with Green Bay?

I thought we were talking about the Packers, lol. The Eagles are still going to be beasts on D. That Coordinator has it in stowed in they're brain.

I think the Packers are going to be nice.

:nope This is not a Packers thread!

Only birds talk in here please. :D

Phillip
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Eagles Lose Defensive Starter Bradley For Season, Torn ACL..

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP in Philadelphia reports that Eagles MLB Stewart Bradley will miss the 2009 season after tearing his ACL in practice Sunday.
Bradley isn't a household name, but he was getting there. It's a huge blow to the Eagles, a popular preseason Super Bowl pick. Bradley led the team in tackles last season and was poised for a leap as a second-year starter. Omar Gaither, who has started in the middle before, is his likely replacement. Gaither is a downgrade in terms of both run-stopping and big-play ability.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ewart-bradley/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/report-torn-acl-for-stewart-bradley/)

Wow that really sucks.

He's a really good and underrated young LB.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Tonight!!!!!

Eagles vs. Colts
FOX, 8:00PM ET

:cheer

This interferes with Big Brother, damn it.

manufan10
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Tonight!!!!!

Eagles vs. Colts
FOX, 8:00PM ET

:cheer

This interferes with Big Brother, damn it.

Eagles suck! :p: :lol

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Eagles suck! :p: :lol

Let's step outside a minute! :ihit

manufan10
08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Let's step outside a minute! :ihit

You're on. :ihit

I think I might actually win this time. :lol

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
You're on. :ihit

I think I might actually win this time. :lol

I have long fingernails.

J.T.
08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Peyton Manning's gonna skeet all over that defense when he's in the game. Colts cut that undrafted piece of shit faggot who gave up three sacks on Manning last game so that shit won't happen again.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Peyton Manning's gonna skeet all over that defense when he's in the game. Colts cut that undrafted piece of shit faggot who gave up three sacks on Manning last game so that shit won't happen again.

:rolleyes He'll probably only play the 1st quarter, like McNabb.

J.T.
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Hence why I said "when he's in the game." :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Still trying to figure out why everyone thinks Philly is gonna be so special this year.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Still trying to figure out why everyone thinks Philly is gonna be so special this year.

Trying to figure out why you care. :lol

manufan10
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I have long fingernails.

Just don't hurt my beautiful face. :lol

Like this?:

http://newsitemstoday.today.com/files/2009/03/johnny_depp_edward_scissorhands-1.jpg

Or this?:

http://www.belch.com/img/longestnails.jpg

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 11:10 AM
just don't hurt my beautiful face. :lol

like this?:

http://newsitemstoday.today.com/files/2009/03/johnny_depp_edward_scissorhands-1.jpg

or this?:

http://www.belch.com/img/longestnails.jpg

wtf???????????????

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM

All Peyton needs is a Qtr to shred that weak ass Philly D.

I wonder when McNabb will get his usual injury this year. He better hope its before game 6.

ATRAIN
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Why does LOL texans have a Sean Marks avi?

J.T.
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM

That's not Sean Marks its Peyton Manning after a hardcore tweak habit.

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Because Sean Marks could kick every one of the Texans ass.

ATRAIN
08-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Because Sean Marks could kick every one of the Texans ass.

oh ok then

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I wonder when McNabb will get his usual injury this year. He better hope its before game 6.

I don't wish ill on anyone. Be careful what YOU wish for.

The Franchise
08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes they will. I also think Vick will play a huge part in that.

LOL texans
I don't wish ill on anyone. Be careful what YOU wish for.

Fuck you. Im not gonna lie. I'd love to see McNabbs cambell soup eatin' ass get injured and Vick come in and do marginally well enought for Reid to trade McNabb to the Lions to back up Matt Stafford, on the day the Colts are having their SuperBowl parade that I am watching on T.V. and jacking off to.

JudynTX
Fuck you. Im not gonna lie. I'd love to see McNabbs cambell soup eatin' ass get injured and Vick come in and do marginally well enought for Reid to trade McNabb to the Lions to back up Matt Stafford, on the day the Colts are having their SuperBowl parade that I am watching on T.V. and jacking off to.

Fuck off

lol @ Texans (should not be in the NFL)

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
oh ok then

Basically Sean Marks is a bitch, so what does that say about the texans then....thats right...thats right.

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Fuck off

+1

I agree.

Greg Oden
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm fairly positive the OP started this thread with pure intent to use the responses as it's own thoughts when others ask it about the Eagles, considering the OP knows shit about the Eagles.

Greg Oden
08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
btw, if at any point in McNabb's career you wanted him gone and it's not because Manning or Brady was coming to replace him, you're a fuckstick who should hand in your Eagles fan card.

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
btw, if at any point in McNabb's career you wanted him gone and it's not because Manning or Brady was coming to replace him, you're a fuckstick who should hand in your Eagles fan card.

McNabb is the most overrated piece of crap QB in recent memory. He is a product of Reids system, nothing more. Dude chokes more than a dick whore sucking dick. Rush Limpballs was right about him.

Eagles should trade McNabb for Shaub. It'd be funny to see Vick backing him up now

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Trying to figure out why you care. :lol

Cause if they are going to be good then it obviously affects the Cardinals.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 12:27 PM

I have a right to criticize my team, and I'm not turning in jack shit.

Like none of you have ever criticized the Spurs and shit. :rolleyes

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I have a right to criticize my team, and I'm not turning in jack shit.

Like none of you have ever criticized the Spurs and shit. :rolleyes

You have every right to criticize the Eagles.

I criticize the Spurs all the time.

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Fuck off

Says the fan of the team who throws ice covered batteries at opposing coaches and cheers when opponents get hurt.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Says the fan of the team who throws ice covered batteries at opposing coaches and cheers when opponents get hurt.

Wait a minute, I wasn't in the stands. :nope

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Wait a minute, I wasn't in the stands. :nope

That we know of.

You're judging what teams should and shouldn't be in the NFL...your fanbase is guilty of much worse than the Texans.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 01:40 PM
That we know of.

You're judging what teams should and shouldn't be in the NFL...your fanbase is guilty of much worse than the Texans.

Guess I'm guilty by association.

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Guess I'm guilty by association.

You're only guilty if you did it.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
You're only guilty if you did it.

:lol

manufan10
08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Seriously, who boos Santa Claus? That's just wrong! :depressed

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Seriously, who boos Santa Claus? That's just wrong! :depressed

I would boo him too if I didn't get any presents.

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 02:02 PM
All Philly did was boo the biggest lie in the history of mankind.

Santa Claus...pffftt

manufan10
08-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I would boo him too if I didn't get any presents.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Do you still get presents from Santa? :D

manufan10
08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Do you still get presents from Santa? :D

It depends on how naughty I've been. :p:

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
It depends on how naughty I've been. :p:

Go to your room!

manufan10
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Go to your room!

Are you going to spank me?

:eyebrows

:lmao

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you going to spank me?

:eyebrows

No, I'm going to throw batteries at you like they did to Santa. :lol

manufan10
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
No, I'm going to throw batteries at you like they did to Santa. :lol

:depressed

http://www.charliedigital.com/content/binary/comment-friday-damn.jpg

BUMP
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
The Dallas Cowboys PR staff has just announced it will be dog day at Cowboys Stadium Jan 3rd. when the Eagles play Dallas

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gZ18TgcVF2w/RsBuqdCpfJI/AAAAAAAAAjs/3RdmYjDfNZw/s400/Dog+Day.bmp

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
The Dallas Cowboys PR staff has just announced it will be dog day at Cowboys Stadium Jan 3rd. when the Eagles play Dallas

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gZ18TgcVF2w/RsBuqdCpfJI/AAAAAAAAAjs/3RdmYjDfNZw/s400/Dog+Day.bmp

Awww, isn't that sweet?

JudynTX
08-25-2009, 12:49 PM
:wakeup I think Vick is going to play on Thursday vs the Jaguars.

FYI!

manufan10
08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.profile-comments.com/images/nfl/images/eagles-suck-cowboys-rule.gif

:p:

:D

BUMP
08-25-2009, 12:56 PM
yeah but it will probably be in the second half....they will have called off the dogs by then

JudynTX
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM

:vomit:

yeah but it will probably be in the second half....they will have called off the dogs by then

Did you need to waste all that bandwith? Anyway, try again, not funny.

JudynTX
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Vick's Debut Play-By-Play

August 28, 2009 |

Here's a rundown of the six plays Michael Vick was a part of Thursday night against the Jaguars. It was Vick's first NFL game in two years.

1. On the second play of the game, Vick was behind center in shotgun, with Donovan McNabb split out wide. Vick took the snap and rolled left with DeSean Jackson on his outside and LeSean McCoy on the inside. Vick pitched a shovel pass inside to McCoy for a gain of four yards.

2. On the second play of the Eagles' second drive, Vick again took the snap in shotgun with McNabb out wide. Vick faked a handoff to McCoy and tried to run left pass Jaguars defensive end Derrick Harvey, but Harvey caught him for a one-yard gain.

3. Vick lined up in the left slot in his only play not lined up as a quarterback. McNabb handed the ball off to McCoy for a short gain.

4. Vick's most impressive moment of the night was as a true quarterback. Taking the snap from shotgun, with McNabb out of the game, Vick sat comfortably in the pocket, looked down the field, and fired a bullet to Hank Baskett who snatched it out of the air for a 13-yard gain.

5. Vick threw a quick bubble screen right to DeSean Jackson who was well-covered by the Jaguars defense. Jackson was tackled by Sean Considine for no-gain.

6. Vick's final play was almost the same as his first. With McNabb again split wide, Vick took the snap from shotgun and gave a quick shovel pass up the middle to LeSean McCoy for a gain of two yards. DeSean Jackson was again Vick's outside option.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18503

W 33-32

JudynTX
09-08-2009, 08:34 AM
:toast It all starts for real this weekend! Can't wait!

BUMP
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
yep, the dog days of summer are now over

:rollin

better Panda?

JudynTX
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
yep, the dog days of summer are now over

:rollin

better Panda?

hehehe

JudynTX
09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks Kori. :D

manufan10
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM

JudynTX
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't be hatin

manufan10
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Don't be hatin

It's too much fun "hatin."

Hooks
09-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Damn I'm not so sure about the Defense. Soooo many damn injuries, big losses. Our starting Free Safety is a Rookie 5th round pick.

KSeal
09-10-2009, 01:21 AM
I hope the Eagles get the shit stomped out of them in Carolina this weekend.

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Make your predictions!

Eagles 24
Panthers 17

manufan10
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Panthers 45
Eagles 0

Eagles 23
Panthers 20

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Panthers 45
Eagles 0

Eagles 23
Panthers 20

Go to your room!!! :nope:lol

Bigzax
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
eagles to cover.

LakerHater
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
38-10
& McScab broke his ribs!!! :lol

**note: not my prediction, just reportin final score.**

J.T.
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Just picked up Vick in my fantasy league

Eyeing that week 3 game agaisnt KC for some easy points

JudynTX
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
:bang:bang

Looks like we'll be seeing Vick in the lineup soon.

IceColdBrewski
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Eagles Defense Dominant in Win Over Panthers

There were many questions surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles defense heading into Sunday's game against Carolina.

How would they handle the loss of FS Brian Dawkins (free agency), MLB Stewart Bradley (injury), and Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson (lost battle with melanoma cancer)? Would disgruntled CB Sheldon Brown play up to his abilities? Was the preseason any indication of how this defense would play during the regular season (avg. 30 points against)?

The answers came in a 38-10 rout of the Panthers in Charlotte.

The defense forced seven Panther turnovers, five from QB Jake Delhomme who was pulled early in the third quarter, and scored a touchdown on a Victor Abiamiri fumble recovery. Brown had two of the teams five interceptions, Joselio Hanson, Akeem Jordan and Asante Samuel had the others. Panthers quarterbacks were under pressure all afternoon as the defense had five sacks and allowed just 2.4 yards per completion.

They held the Panthers to 169 total yards and stopped RB DeAngelo Williams on the one with under a minute to go, clearly in a tribute to the late Johnson as the unit was exuberant coming off the field with many pointing to the sky or to the decal on their helmets honoring him.

Yeah. Somehow I get the feeling that the Eagles' defense will be OK. So much for the haters clinging to that little hope. :lol

LOL texans
09-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I guess this signals the end of the McNabb era.

JudynTX
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah. Somehow I get the feeling that the Eagles' defense will be OK. So much for the haters clinging to that little hope. :lol

Defense picking up where they left off. For JJ. :tu

manufan10
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone have some spare ribs for McNabb?

JudynTX
09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Vick joins the roster. :wakeup

The Philadelphia Eagles elevated Michael Vick to the team's 53-man roster Tuesday, a move that allows the quarterback to practice with the team.

Wide receiver Hank Baskett was released to make room for Vick, who is eligible to play Sept. 27 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Vick will begin practicing with the team today, though he cannot play in Sunday's home opener against the New Orleans Saints. Vick was suspended for the first two regular-season games as the final league penalty for his role in running a dogfighting ring.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-report16-2009sep16,0,5573987.story

JudynTX
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
:bang No defense today, WTF.

manufan10
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
How's Westbrook? It seems Mcnabb and Westbrook compete each year to see who will get injured the most.

JudynTX
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
How's Westbrook? It seems Mcnabb and Westbrook compete each year to see who will get injured the most.

When asked if he thought he could play in Week 3 against Kansas City, Brian Westbrook(notes) (ankle) replied, "I hope so, yes." That's hardly definitive, but it's also not the worst possible quote. The injury Westbrook suffered is to the same ankle that required offseason surgery. LeSean McCoy(notes) is already owned by responsible Westbrook owners; he figures to have value next week in a fantastic matchup. Even if Westbrook plays, he shouldn't need to play every quarter against the 0-2 Chiefs.

JudynTX
09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
We got the Chiefs this weekend. What are the odds?

manufan10
09-23-2009, 09:11 AM
We got the Chiefs this weekend. What are the odds?

Chiefs are going to win. :toast

JudynTX
09-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Chiefs are going to win. :toast

The Vegas odds you dork. :ihit

SpuronyourFace
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Then Im a Chiefs fan for a weekend :toast

SpuronyourFace
09-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Is Cassel going to play?

Hooks
09-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Anyone have some spare ribs for McNabb?

I do! I was born with an extra rib on the left side :D. And no I'm not playing. Pretty weird huh?

DAF86
09-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Put Vick as the starting QB and you'll have another Eagles fan. :D

JudynTX
09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
:cheer Eagles win!!!!! More pressure on Dallas to win tomorrow night. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd like to thank Kevin Kolb and Brent Celek for the great fantasy day.

lefty
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Memo to Vick:

Panthers and dogs are not the same thing.

But you still had to kill them :bang

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
My boy Kolb makes some history as the first QB to pass for over 300 in their first two starts. Give him the ball next week and I'd count on seeing a third like that.

David Stern
09-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Nice to see this overrated pretender of a team surviving. I can't wait to beat their asses November 1st.

JudynTX
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
It's bye week for us, give McNabb more time to heal, I guess.

JudynTX
10-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Eagles vs Bucs this weekend.

:toast

Bigzax
10-09-2009, 02:04 PM
the spread was eagles by 15 yesterday night!

are the eagles gonna blow out tampa or what?

JudynTX
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
the spread was eagles by 15 yesterday night!

are the eagles gonna blow out tampa or what?

:tu I'd say we did.

JudynTX
10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Eagles vs Raiders!!!

Easy win? :D

Hook Dem
10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Eagles vs Raiders!!!

Easy win? :D

Trap game!

JudynTX
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
:bang:bang McNabb is playing like shit today.

UGH!

JudynTX
10-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Sacked 6 times!

JudynTX
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
@ the Redskins

We have to win!

The Franchise
10-26-2009, 07:19 AM
@ the Redskins

We have to win!

If you guys lose that game do you think they might pull Mc Nabb, and insert Vick?

JudynTX
10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
If you guys lose that game do you think they might pull Mc Nabb, and insert Vick?

:wakeup Perhaps, and maybe that's what this team needs.

DAF86
10-26-2009, 08:30 AM

I'd love to see that, but it's not going to happen. First I don't think they will lose, if they lose I don't think Andy will bench McNabb, and if he does get pulled they will play Kolb.

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
skins defense is not bad, but the Eagles should have no excuse for letting the redskins score this week...new playcaller that doesn't even know the protection schemes and same old crappy o line full of scrubs.

not to mention the stadium should be 33% eagle fans, maybe 15% empty seats (at least), and whatever is left will be the glutton for punishment skins fans and alot of people that got handed free tickets.

should be a helluva show and i hope we get blown the hell out and have lots and lots of shots of the owners box and that little smarmy schmuck.

has to be darkest before the dawn. i'm ready for some pitch black.

JudynTX
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
skins defense is not bad, but the Eagles should have no excuse for letting the redskins score this week...new playcaller that doesn't even know the protection schemes and same old crappy o line full of scrubs.

not to mention the stadium should be 33% eagle fans, maybe 15% empty seats (at least), and whatever is left will be the glutton for punishment skins fans and alot of people that got handed free tickets.

should be a helluva show and i hope we get blown the hell out and have lots and lots of shots of the owners box and that little smarmy schmuck.

has to be darkest before the dawn. i'm ready for some pitch black.

:lol This could be a painful game to watch tonight.

JudynTX
11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Do we even have a chance against the Giants today? :rolleyes

Hooks
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Nice to see this overrated pretender of a team surviving. I can't wait to beat their asses November 1st.

DAF86
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM

You can't rig the NFL.

David Stern
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
It's okay. 33-7 isn't impossible to comeback from. Unlike the overrated Eagles, this Giants team is a proven champion. They just haven't shown up yet. It isn't how the Eagles are winning. It's how the Giants are losing by beating themselves.

Hooks
11-01-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

bostonguy
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
It's okay. 33-7 isn't impossible to comeback from. Unlike the overrated Eagles, this Giants team is a proven champion. They just haven't shown up yet. It isn't how the Eagles are winning. It's how the Giants are losing by beating themselves.

This is the start of a bad day for you and a great day of Philly fans. Once the Phillies even the series at 2-2 tonight, you'll be having a miserable day.:toast

JudynTX
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Do we even have a chance against the Giants today? :rolleyes

What was I thinking? :lol

Hey Cowboys, where is our thanks for beating the Giants? :rolleyes Something you couldn't do.

florige
11-02-2009, 09:31 AM
What was I thinking? :lol

Hey Cowboys, where is our thanks for beating the Giants? :rolleyes Something you couldn't do.

Geeeezus Panda you guys really spanked the crap out of us yesterday. Eli Manning seems to be stuck on stupid again.

JudynTX
11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Geeeezus Panda you guys really spanked the crap out of us yesterday. Eli Manning seems to be stuck on stupid again.

He got that huge ass contract and look how he acts? :rolleyes

JudynTX
11-08-2009, 11:43 AM
:hat Getting ready for the big game tonight.

Spursfan092120
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
:hat Getting ready for the big game tonight.
loading your guns up for Santa?

JudynTX
11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
loading your guns up for Santa?

Enough with the Santa talk, getting old. :rolleyes

Spursfan092120
11-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Enough with the Santa talk, getting old. :rolleyes
It'll never get old. :)

http://www.marketing-consigliere.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/green-santa.jpg

But would you rather me talk about how the Philly fans cheered when Michael Irvin broke his neck and had to be carried off on a stretcher, standing on their feet cheering while the gurney was taken off?

JudynTX
11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Let the smack talking begin.........

Spursfan092120
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
We may or may not be done...but the beauty is, we can decide on that. If Philly had won, we'd be getting hung for the next week by half the people on this board...it's our turn. :)

JudynTX
11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
We may or may not be done...but the beauty is, we can decide on that. If Philly had won, we'd be getting hung for the next week by half the people on this board...it's our turn. :)

Enjoy your win. :whine

Spursfan092120
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Enjoy your win. :whine
Will do. :toast

Whisky Dog
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
McCoy is a good back but only about half of what Westbrook used to bring. I'll be glad when Westbrook calls it a career and I never have to watch him play again.

JudynTX
11-16-2009, 09:03 AM
:rolleyes

JudynTX
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Whew, didn't think we would pull off the win. :toast :lol

badfish22
11-30-2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/eagles_settle_for_field

SAN DIEGO—The Eagles were forced to settle for a field goal against the Chargers Sunday after sustaining a 260-yard, 64-play drive that featured six separate red-zone appearances and took 52 minutes off the game clock. "It's disappointing not to score a touchdown when you keep a drive alive for more than three and a half quarters," said quarterback Donovan McNabb, who completed 32 of his 66 passes, converted 26 first downs, and was carted off the field for X-rays twice during the drive. "At least we came away with three points. Those 120 yards in penalties really hurt our field position, but those conversions on third and 21, third and 64, and the fake punt on fourth and 72 showed that this team never quits." Backup QB Michael Vick took one snap from center during the nearly hour-long drive, failing to complete a screen pass.

IronMexican
11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
:wakeup Perhaps, and maybe that's what this team needs.

You're fucking retarded. How do I miss a quote like this.

JudynTX
11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
You're fucking retarded. How do I miss a quote like this.

JudynTX
12-08-2009, 09:03 AM
WE play the Giants on Sunday night.

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 09:04 AM
The Giants had first place in their grasp Sunday night but they fumbled it away to the Philadelphia Eagles, who took advantage of numerous Giants mistakes and a porous Giants defense for a 45-38 victory in Giants Stadium.

Despite all their self-inflicted damage, despite trailing three times by two touchdowns, the Giants actually held a one-point lead, for all of 15 seconds, late in the third quarter.

But they could not hold it, just as they could not hold the football consistently on the slippery turf in a nationally televised affair that was as entertaining as it was ragged. The Eagles defeated the Giants for the fourth consecutive time.

Even in the final two minutes, with the clock nearing midnight and half the seats empty, the result of this drama stayed in doubt as the Giants got a 4-yard touchdown pass from Eli Manning to Kevin Boss to cut the Philadelphia lead to 7 points.

The Giants followed with an onside kick but the ball bounced out of bounds and the Eagles took possession on the Giants’ 44-yard line. And even after that, the Giants got the ball back in the waning seconds to try for an improbable tie.

But appropriately, their final offensive play was a fumble and turnover as Manning was stripped of the ball at his 11, a play that ended in a brief fight between the teams.

It was the second lost fumble of the game for Manning, who nevertheless completed 27 of 38 passes for 391 yards and 3 touchdowns. “We did a lot of really good things,” Manning said. “We fought back really hard. There were also some missed opportunities.”

One of them was a fumble by Brandon Jacobs on their first drive that resulted in a 60-yard touchdown run by the Philadelphia defense. A Giants fumble in the third quarter — by Manning, when he stumbled on a run — ended a Giants drive at the Eagles’ 14.

And an Eagles fumble in the second quarter by quarterback Donovan McNabb was not recognized as such because no one picked it up and an official blew his whistle. Because the play was inadvertently ruled an incomplete pass, the Eagles retained possession and drove on to score a touchdown.

Philadelphia improved to 9-4, good for first place in the N.F.C. East, a game ahead of second-place Dallas (8-5) and two games ahead of the third-place Giants (7-6). With three games left, the Giants’ playoff chances took a hit.

Had the Giants won, the Giants, the Eagles and the Cowboys would have been tied at 8-5, but the Giants would have had the inner lane for an automatic playoff berth because of the tie-breaker formula.

But now, with three games left, the Giants will struggle for even a wild-card berth. “The ship is rocky right now,” defensive end Justin Tuck said, “but there won’t be no quit.”

Mathias Kiwanuka, another defensive end, said that when the offense scores 38 points, the defense ought to perform well enough to win.

“We’ll take our share of the responsibility,” Kiwanuka said. “It’s sheer disappointment. It’s definitely a tough one to swallow. With that many points, there had to be a lot of mistakes out there.”

The worst of the mistakes were the fumbles, five of them by the Giants, four of them lost. Mention of them brought a sour look by Coach Tom Coughlin. “I was disappointed at the number of balls that were on the ground,” he said.

But the game’s pivotal moment was a pass, not a fumble. It came after the Giants took a 31-30 lead on a 61-yard pass-and-run play from Manning to Domenik Hixon.

The Eagles responded two plays later with a 60-yard pass-and-run play from McNabb to DeSean Jackson to take a 37-31 lead with 4:57 left in the third quarter.

Jackson got behind safety Aaron Ross, caught the ball at the 15 and ran backward and in slow motion over the goal line before performing a dance of celebration.

Referring to problems in his pass defense, Coughlin said there was more to it than just the secondary but added: “We didn’t cover well. We didn’t cover for very long.”

The Eagles’ lead was only 6 points because they had missed an extra point earlier. But they went up by 14 on a one-yard touchdown run by Leonard Weaver to cap a 91-yard drive. They added a 2-point conversion for a 45-31 lead with 5:48 left.

McNabb completed 17 of 26 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns. Michael Vick, his backup, ran for a touchdown of one yard among his three carries and two passes. Both McNabb and Vick, with their differing styles, seemed to keep Giants defenders on the wrong foot much of the time.

One Eagles scoring drive could have been short-circuited by a strange play when Osi Umenyiora forced a fumble by McNabb. Because McNabb lost the ball while beginning his throwing motion, the Giants apparently thought it was an incomplete pass and, after failing to intercept it before it hit the ground, let it alone when it fell to the ground.

The officials ruled the play dead on what was announced later as an inadvertent whistle. The Eagles retained possession and marched behind McNabb’s passing down the field for a touchdown.

But their extra-point attempt was blocked by Fred Robbins. It was that kind of night, with balls bouncing all over the place in unplanned ways for both sides, especially the Giants, whose hopes for a successful season are dribbling away.

Extra Points

With seven catches, the Giants’ Steve Smith broke the team’s single-season reception record of 82, set by Amani Toomer in 2002. ... Giants right offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie left the game in the first half with a knee sprain and was replaced by William Beatty. Giants cornerback Corey Webster left the game in the second half with a knee injury.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/sports/football/14giants.html

JudynTX
12-14-2009, 09:04 AM
The Giants had first place in their grasp Sunday night but they fumbled it away to the Philadelphia Eagles, who took advantage of numerous Giants mistakes and a porous Giants defense for a 45-38 victory in Giants Stadium.

Despite all their self-inflicted damage, despite trailing three times by two touchdowns, the Giants actually held a one-point lead, for all of 15 seconds, late in the third quarter.

But they could not hold it, just as they could not hold the football consistently on the slippery turf in a nationally televised affair that was as entertaining as it was ragged. The Eagles defeated the Giants for the fourth consecutive time.

Even in the final two minutes, with the clock nearing midnight and half the seats empty, the result of this drama stayed in doubt as the Giants got a 4-yard touchdown pass from Eli Manning to Kevin Boss to cut the Philadelphia lead to 7 points.

The Giants followed with an onside kick but the ball bounced out of bounds and the Eagles took possession on the Giants’ 44-yard line. And even after that, the Giants got the ball back in the waning seconds to try for an improbable tie.

But appropriately, their final offensive play was a fumble and turnover as Manning was stripped of the ball at his 11, a play that ended in a brief fight between the teams.

It was the second lost fumble of the game for Manning, who nevertheless completed 27 of 38 passes for 391 yards and 3 touchdowns. “We did a lot of really good things,” Manning said. “We fought back really hard. There were also some missed opportunities.”

One of them was a fumble by Brandon Jacobs on their first drive that resulted in a 60-yard touchdown run by the Philadelphia defense. A Giants fumble in the third quarter — by Manning, when he stumbled on a run — ended a Giants drive at the Eagles’ 14.

And an Eagles fumble in the second quarter by quarterback Donovan McNabb was not recognized as such because no one picked it up and an official blew his whistle. Because the play was inadvertently ruled an incomplete pass, the Eagles retained possession and drove on to score a touchdown.

Philadelphia improved to 9-4, good for first place in the N.F.C. East, a game ahead of second-place Dallas (8-5) and two games ahead of the third-place Giants (7-6). With three games left, the Giants’ playoff chances took a hit.

Had the Giants won, the Giants, the Eagles and the Cowboys would have been tied at 8-5, but the Giants would have had the inner lane for an automatic playoff berth because of the tie-breaker formula.

But now, with three games left, the Giants will struggle for even a wild-card berth. “The ship is rocky right now,” defensive end Justin Tuck said, “but there won’t be no quit.”

Mathias Kiwanuka, another defensive end, said that when the offense scores 38 points, the defense ought to perform well enough to win.

“We’ll take our share of the responsibility,” Kiwanuka said. “It’s sheer disappointment. It’s definitely a tough one to swallow. With that many points, there had to be a lot of mistakes out there.”

The worst of the mistakes were the fumbles, five of them by the Giants, four of them lost. Mention of them brought a sour look by Coach Tom Coughlin. “I was disappointed at the number of balls that were on the ground,” he said.

But the game’s pivotal moment was a pass, not a fumble. It came after the Giants took a 31-30 lead on a 61-yard pass-and-run play from Manning to Domenik Hixon.

The Eagles responded two plays later with a 60-yard pass-and-run play from McNabb to DeSean Jackson to take a 37-31 lead with 4:57 left in the third quarter.

Jackson got behind safety Aaron Ross, caught the ball at the 15 and ran backward and in slow motion over the goal line before performing a dance of celebration.

Referring to problems in his pass defense, Coughlin said there was more to it than just the secondary but added: “We didn’t cover well. We didn’t cover for very long.”

The Eagles’ lead was only 6 points because they had missed an extra point earlier. But they went up by 14 on a one-yard touchdown run by Leonard Weaver to cap a 91-yard drive. They added a 2-point conversion for a 45-31 lead with 5:48 left.

McNabb completed 17 of 26 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns. Michael Vick, his backup, ran for a touchdown of one yard among his three carries and two passes. Both McNabb and Vick, with their differing styles, seemed to keep Giants defenders on the wrong foot much of the time.

One Eagles scoring drive could have been short-circuited by a strange play when Osi Umenyiora forced a fumble by McNabb. Because McNabb lost the ball while beginning his throwing motion, the Giants apparently thought it was an incomplete pass and, after failing to intercept it before it hit the ground, let it alone when it fell to the ground.

The officials ruled the play dead on what was announced later as an inadvertent whistle. The Eagles retained possession and marched behind McNabb’s passing down the field for a touchdown.

But their extra-point attempt was blocked by Fred Robbins. It was that kind of night, with balls bouncing all over the place in unplanned ways for both sides, especially the Giants, whose hopes for a successful season are dribbling away.

Extra Points

With seven catches, the Giants’ Steve Smith broke the team’s single-season reception record of 82, set by Amani Toomer in 2002. ... Giants right offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie left the game in the first half with a knee sprain and was replaced by William Beatty. Giants cornerback Corey Webster left the game in the second half with a knee injury.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/sports/football/14giants.html

JudynTX
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM
:toast Still in 1st place!

David Stern
12-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Enjoy it. When we face you overrated fucks in the postseason, payback will be a bitch. Still not impressed with the Eagles at all. I'm sorry but they aren't that good. Giants have at least proven themselves especially in the postseason.

JudynTX
12-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Enjoy it. When we face you overrated fucks in the postseason, payback will be a bitch. Still not impressed with the Eagles at all. I'm sorry but they aren't that good. Giants have at least proven themselves especially in the postseason.

We'll see what happens Jan 3rd. :toast

LakerHater
12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
...And getting Westbrook back!!! :bang

JudynTX
12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
...And getting Westbrook back!!! :bang

:toast Yeah!

IronMexican
12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Eggles need to win tomorrow.

resistanze
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Epic choke job from the Eagles.

Rummpd
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Great to see so many other Eagle fans as they prepare to clobber the boys next week.

JudynTX
12-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Epic choke job from the Eagles.

Huh?

Great to see so many other Eagle fans as they prepare to clobber the boys next week.

:tu Come on Eagles, you can do this!

resistanze
12-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Huh?

My comment was during the game when they were pissing the game away and pissing me off.

JudynTX
12-30-2009, 07:05 PM
My comment was during the game when they were pissing the game away and pissing me off.

Oh

JudynTX
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
25 yds rushing so far. WTF

slick'81
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
oh next sunday is gonna be soo fun :hat

samikeyp
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM

oops. ;)

samikeyp
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
oh next sunday is gonna be soo fun :hat

I don't know...I think it will be a serious battle...one Dallas could lose if they lose focus.

LOL texans
01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
pathetic eagles...just pathetic.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM
pathetic eagles...just pathetic.

Tell me about it.

jack sommerset
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Eagles will probably beat the Boys Saturday and that is all that will matter. These are the Cowboys for crying out loud.

LOL texans
01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Eagles will probably beat the Boys Saturday and that is all that will matter. These are the Cowboys for crying out loud.

That'd be hilarious :lol

I expect the Eagles to bounce back. Tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.

samikeyp
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM

I do as well. I think Dallas can beat them but just because they have twice so far is no guarantee it will happen again. It will be much tighter than yesterday and Dallas, while looking good in the win, has room for improvement.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm not feeling as confident as you are. :depressed

jack sommerset
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I would like to see the Cowboys win. They have not won shit in 14-16 years? I understand why people don't like them though. Jerry Jones is a crook and this recent team has choked ALOT plus last year they went out and signed Pacman and Tank. Showed how pathetic the organization is. Romo said after last years loss to the Eagles that it was no big deal. Kind of a douchebag move considering he signed a 60 million dollar contract to care. Plus they bowed down to the media and got rid of T.O. Team killer my ass. Jones sold all those standing room only tickets and people could not get into the game but Jones waved to the crowd pretending he broke the record for most people at a game on national TV. They have a local commerical saying the ticket prices are fair.150 for the worst seat in the house plus a huge ass seat license fee is not fair. Actually now that I think of it, I want them to lose.

Whisky Dog
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
That'd be hilarious :lol

That's a complete myth. 19 times a team has met another team in the playoffs they already beat twice in the regular season and 12 of those times the team that won the 1st two won the 3rd one too. Don't know who started that lie, but they fleeced everyone with it.

I would also think the percentage would be higher for teams who whip up on a team in a game with the division on the line then play the same team a week later. Eagles have so much to overcome the only way I see them winning is if the Cowboys make a shit ton of mistakes they have not been making recently. Could happen, but a lot of fuck ups have to occur by the Cowboys for that to happen. Even McNabb acknowleged that they have too many young guys who aren't ready to step up.

bostonguy
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I expect the Eagles to give the Cowboys a better game, but they won't beat them unless Dallas shoot themselves in the foot several times. Eagles D isn't what it used to be. Eagles can't and won't be able to run the ball on the Cowboys D. Eagles passing game is a big play type. If you pressure Mcnabb and take away the big plays, the Eagles passing game becomes dramatically limited. I have really noticed this in their 2 meetings with the Cowboys this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I expect the Eagles to give the Cowboys a better game, but they won't beat them unless Dallas shoot themselves in the foot several times. Eagles D isn't what it used to be. Eagles can't and won't be able to run the ball on the Cowboys D. Eagles passing game is a big play type. If you pressure Mcnabb and take away the big plays, the Eagles passing game becomes dramatically limited. I have really noticed this in their 2 meetings with the Cowboys this year.

Yup, once again Philly fucks McNabb over with one dimensional receivers who do bone headed things, an offensive line that doesn't stay healthy, doesn't give McNabb any time in the pocket and doesn't run block well at all so they force McNabb to do everything. McNabb has been fucked over by that front office season after season he's stupid not to leave.

mardigan
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
http://otrsportsonline.com/2010/01/04/desean-jackson-eagles-will-sting-they-ass/

DeSean Jackson flapping his lips.

samikeyp
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
http://otrsportsonline.com/2010/01/04/desean-jackson-eagles-will-sting-they-ass/

DeSean Jackson flapping his lips.

"sting they ass"... :lmao

yeah, hooked on phonics really worked for him. Thankfully for his teammates, he is more talented than he is intelligent.

samikeyp
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Another gem from Jackson:

"Mike Jenkins ain't never shut me down, so y'all chill out over there," Jackson said. "Them boys are scared of me. I'm a dual threat on that field. They be having like four people on your boy out there, but it's all good. I probably get man coverage like 10 percent every game. But I like those odds. I'll take that."

"Ain't never shut me down" and "They be having like four people"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The eloquence never stops! :lol

JudynTX
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
:toast Is it Saturday night yet?

SpuronyourFace
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Another gem from Jackson:

"Mike Jenkins ain't never shut me down, so y'all chill out over there," Jackson said. "Them boys are scared of me. I'm a dual threat on that field. They be having like four people on your boy out there, but it's all good. I probably get man coverage like 10 percent every game. But I like those odds. I'll take that."

"Ain't never shut me down" and "They be having like four people"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The eloquence never stops! :lol

this made me like desean jackson even more. Great comical read. :lol

samikeyp
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
:lmao @DeTweet Jackson.

JudynTX
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Bump!

Eagles vs Cowgirls, Sunday night!!!!!

Brodie Bruce
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Bump!

Eagles vs Cowgirls, Sunday night!!!!!

It's really too bad there aren't any Eagles fans on Spurstalk. Great rivalry :cry

JudynTX
12-08-2010, 03:47 PM
It's really too bad there aren't any Eagles fans on Spurstalk. Great rivalry :cry

There's 2 or 3 of us, but that's ok. :tu

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Shouldn't you be on a couch somewhere being extremely fat and unattractive?

Brodie Bruce
12-08-2010, 03:50 PM
There's 2 or 3 of us, but that's ok. :tu

Isn't that cute? You thought we were counting you. :lmao

dirk4mvp
12-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Isn't that cute? You thought we were counting you. :lmao

:sleep :rolleyes

JudynTX
12-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I can't stop watching this.

yECzSzXpE8U

jgome21
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
McCoy has been very underrated this season. He's like a Westbrook...but better.

IronMexican
12-15-2010, 01:10 AM
He's like Westbrook, but not as good, and doesn't get injured as often.

2005-2008 Westbrook.

JudynTX
09-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Two year bump

JudynTX
10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
The Eagles just aren't making it easy, are they? :bang But a win is a win.