PDA

View Full Version : anybody got any good ideas for night out this weekend?

Blake
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
something fresh to do with kids, besides movies, dinner and bowling?

I took my daughter to northwoods a couple weeks back for some mini golf at about 8pm on friday nite.
Some hooliganish looking punks were hanging around out front and we weren't 5 minutes inside in line to pay when some girls run in screaming for the rent a cops inside. I turned to look at the door to see one of the punks crawling in and crying. He tried to pull himself up, holding his side but then fell down on his face.

needless to say, my daughter freaked out and wanted to leave and doesn't want to go back there any time soon, so thanks to the worthless rent a cops that were hanging out inside doing nothing, that's pretty much out too....

ploto
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK

As You Like It

The Magik Theatre presents their annual production of Shakespeare in the Park at the picturesque San Antonio Botanical Garden. This year’s production of As You Like It will take place June 3-6 at the Botanical Garden. William Shakespeare’s As You Like It is a romantic comedy about love, lost and found. This year’s production is set in the depression era and weaves the story’s scenes through the colorful circus big top and the dark woods.

It's free!

mavs>spurs2
06-01-2009, 11:23 AM
something fresh to do with kids, besides movies, dinner and bowling?

I took my daughter to northwoods a couple weeks back for some mini golf at about 8pm on friday nite.
Some hooliganish looking punks were hanging around out front and we weren't 5 minutes inside in line to pay when some girls run in screaming for the rent a cops inside. I turned to look at the door to see one of the punks crawling in and crying. He tried to pull himself up, holding his side but then fell down on his face.

needless to say, my daughter freaked out and wanted to leave and doesn't want to go back there any time soon, so thanks to the worthless rent a cops that were hanging out inside doing nothing, that's pretty much out too....

Wait, so what happened? He got shot?

The Power Hour.
06-01-2009, 11:28 AM
http://creationmuseum.org/

http://creationmuseum.org/assets/layout/museum/logo.gif

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 11:30 AM
UTSA Football? :D

SpursStalker
06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I do but they are unpostable ...

:wow :lol

Blake
06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Wait, so what happened? He got shot?

naw, I didn't see any blood. I guess he just got beat down on.

Even though my kid wanted to leave, I told her the cops will take care of things and that the guy probably just had an accident and she seemed ok with that and we played the round.

After we finished, we came back in and unfortunately, the dude was still there, apparently with his parents, talking to SAPD and giving a report........he was standing up just fine, but his face was all swollen and it looked like a golf ball was growing out of his forehead.

if I had it to do again, hindsight and all, I would have just left right away.

Fpoonsie
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I didn't know you had a kid, B.

Huh. Weird.

Blake
06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I didn't know you had a kid, B.

Huh. Weird.

:lol

I know huh

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.alamoplazaattractions.com/

Dr. Gonzo
06-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Take her to Terry's Friendly Spot.

Summers
06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't live in SA, so we split our big family outings between New Braunfels and Austin. If you go to Landa Park, you can rent a paddle boat on the river, then ride the little train around the park, and just play, of course. They also have a neat looking kiddie pool (with the fountains and squirts adn stuff) but we haven't been there (our pool in SM has a kid section like that). After you run the kids ragged, you go to Rudy's for lunch, and then the kids sleep in the car all the way home. Good times! There's also the McKenna Children's Museum. SA probably has a botanical garden, or a Malibu.

Daniel Plainview
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I normally don't involve myself in another mans family life but I can see your in need of some help so I will say to you my friend in need may I suggest you take your family quail hunting?

Mugshot
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I normally don't involve myself in another mans family life but I can see your in need of some help so I will say to you my friend in need may I suggest you take your family quail hunting?

:lol