PDA

View Full Version : Whats the game plan against the Magic?

TheNextGen
06-01-2009, 11:59 AM
The Lakers wern't able to stop them in the regular season, but fortunately they dont have Nelson this time around.

I figure since The Lakers have plenty of bigs (Bynum, Gasol, Mbenga), they should probably single cover Howard and foul him wisely when neccesary. I just dont think they should leave the shooters open. Maybe letting Howard get his own might be the way to do it. Also, the Lakers triangle offense should get the Magics defense more tired, hopefully effecting the Magics 3's.

I dunno, just thinking of ways to beat the Magic. I have a feeling the Magic might beat the Lakers.

Any other ideas?

redzero
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Hack a Howard to take him out of his game.

jacobdrj
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
I think VanGundy has been a great sport, and an above average coach this playoffs. I think Brown didn't really make it tough for him, but still... He took DH12's advice, and it paid off.

But will PJ do what he did to Brown in 01? Will he find that Lue-type player to cancel out one of Orlando's 'tall 3'?

I think they do have the personnel for it. Ariza and Odom are versatile enough to counter the Turk and L, while still covering Rafer...