PDA

View Full Version : The big one that got way from the Cavaliers

NBA Junkie
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Considering the match-up problems they had with Dwight Howard throughout the Orlando series, you think the Cavs may be kicking themselves for not acquiring Shaquille O'Neal at the trade deadline when all the Suns were asking for return was Wally's expiring deal and JJ Hickson?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
No cause JJ Hickson has so much potential Ferry would have been dumb to do that trade unless the Suns also threw in Amare, Grant Hill and Nash.

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes they are!

IronMexican
06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Did Hickson even get playing time? He was supposed to be some huge X factor in the Cavs playoff run back in February. At least, Hollinger told me that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Did Hickson even get playing time? He was supposed to be some huge X factor in the Cavs playoff run back in February. At least, Hollinger told me that.

They aren't using him cause they've already agreed to trade him for Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Bynum this off season.

Little do they know that trade is more lopsided for LA than the Gasol trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
In all seriousness though, it's good whenever a team loses in the playoffs due to a general manager being too spineless to make a trade. Danny Ferry deserves what he got for not being aggressive looking for roster improvements when there were blatantly obvious weaknesses on Cleveland.

Same thing happened to the Suns in 2007. Mike D'antoni fell in love with a team that needed to address several issues at the trade deadline and had the assets to do so, but he didn't because rather than do what's best for his team he was more concerned with showing everyone you can win a title without a center, bench depth, and defense.

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Only thing that happened to the Suns in 2007 is a BULLSHIT technicality

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Ghazi are you trying to make the DBA HOF?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Only thing that happened to the Suns in 2007 is a BULLSHIT technicality

A technicality that has been around for years that the coaching staff knew about but decided that it wasn't important enough to make sure the players knew.

It's really annoying that this stupid shit still gets talked about so much. The shitty thing is because of this stupid crap there are a bunch of morons in Phoenix that think run and suck basketball can win a championship.

sook
06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
They aren't using him cause they've already agreed to trade him for Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Bynum this off season.

Little do they know that trade is more lopsided for LA than the Gasol trade.

:lol:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 02:44 PM
:lol:lmao

Hickson + Trevor Ariza + Phil Jackson > Jordan + Pippen + Phil Jackson

Nothing to really laugh about.

poop
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
A technicality that has been around for years that the coaching staff knew about but decided that it wasn't important enough to make sure the players knew.

It's really annoying that this stupid shit still gets talked about so much. The shitty thing is because of this stupid crap there are a bunch of morons in Phoenix that think run and suck basketball can win a championship.

EXACTLY. especially coming from Suns fan. 'DEBATE' ENDED ONCE AND FOR ALL.

mytespurs
06-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I figured this question would come up. At the time I wondered why they didn't do it....Shaq is not the shaq of old but he would've been motivated to play with LeBron, to win another ring and get back at hiso ld team for trading him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2009, 06:45 PM
'DEBATE' ENDED ONCE AND FOR ALL.

If only it were that simple. If only the fans didn't give Sarver the impression it was smart to just sit on his fat firecrotch ass bitching and whining the entire off-season rather than make actual roster improvements. It's pathetic the fans are just now starting to bitch about Kurt Thomas and two first round picks being traded for nada. Without Kurt Thomas the Suns get swept in 2007.

Ghazi
06-01-2009, 07:02 PM
"Run and suck" can win a championship

03 Mavs almost did it if not for injuries and fluke Kerr shots
06 Suns probably woulda if Amare wasn't hurt.
07 Suns almost did it if not for BS technicalities.

just because something didn't happen doesn't mean it was never possible. :)

Armando
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I think that style can win in the playoffs. If Amare had been on the roster in 2006 I think the Suns get past the Mavs and possibly beat the Heat. I think thier inabilty to beat the Spurs is more mental then anything. Go back and read some of the Suns players comment before and during the series about the Spurs. Whatever mind games the Spurs were playing worked. Amare spend more time it seems worried about Manu and Bowen being "dirty" then playing defense. That being said even without Amare in 2007's Game 5 the Suns were up 8 with a minute to go then just fizzled and lost. If they would have held on and won at worst they were looking at Game 7 at home where they would have more then likely won.

Allanon
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM
With Shaq, the Cavs probably would have made the Finals. Win-Win for both teams really.

I've heard the Cavs are again exploring a Shaq trade this off-season, but now it's too little too late.

BeeGee
06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Everybody's eyesight is 20-20 after the fact. To be honest though, who knows how Shaq would've worked out. Bottom line is the Cavs had a team this year capable of winning a championship. They just didn't get it done because nobody that wasn't wearing #23 stepped their game up to the level of the moment. Mo Williams was about as F-A-I-L as 2nd options get, man. All he ran was his mouth.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 12:16 AM
They should be kicking the Celtics and the suits at Nike for awakening the Beast in Dwight Howard.

redzero
06-02-2009, 02:57 AM

So, you claim that a certain style of play can win championships, then you go on to list teams that didn't win championships?

KidCongo
06-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Getting Shaq for Wally and whoever ment that they still had Shaq and Ben's contract in the off-season and Shaq would cost 40million with lux. tax.

KSeal
06-02-2009, 06:26 AM

No, yet all the people on the Cavs boards act like this guy is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Saying things along the lines of "I'd even consider giving up Hickson if it could land us Bosh or Amare" :lmao Really, you'd give up Ben fucking Wallace and a nobody in JJ Hickson to get the missing piece to your team. No fucking shit the Cavs would do that, the Raptors and Suns won't though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Thanks for proving my point douche.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Whatever mind games the Spurs were playing worked. Amare spend more time it seems worried about Manu and Bowen being "dirty" then playing defense.

Yeah cause Amar""""e normally played defense.....

stretch
06-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Getting Shaq for Wally and whoever ment that they still had Shaq and Ben's contract in the off-season and Shaq would cost 40million with lux. tax.

it would also probably mean that they would be playing against Kobe and the Lakers on Thursday.

how great would that have been... Lebron and Shaq vs. Kobe and Bynum (aka Wilt Chaimberlain reincarnated)?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Everybody's eyesight is 20-20 after the fact.

It doesn't take hindsight to know trading an old scrub and a young scrub for Shaq would benefit your team.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-02-2009, 02:54 PM
http://www.cnnsi.com/2008/images/11/26/lebron-james-fans.jpg

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Man I still can't believe how fast i was banned from cavfanatic.com. They can't take shit over there.

Steve Kerr
06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I was dreaming when I offered Shaq and Amare for JJ Hickson. It was brazen and selfish of me to not throw Nash in the deal for Karl Malone pt. 2

KSeal
06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Man I still can't believe how fast i was banned from cavfanatic.com. They can't take shit over there.

:lmao, What did you say?!?! They seem pretty lame over there.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-02-2009, 03:04 PM
:lmao, What did you say?!?! They seem pretty lame over there.

I was at least able to post like 10x,
I posted this
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/carlos12806/Where.jpg?t=1243973073

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/carlos12806/cavsfishing.jpg?t=1243973120

KSeal
06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
lol, no wonder you got banned.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
LOL, Well at least Mo caught the big one!:rollin

Gino
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Considering the match-up problems they had with Dwight Howard throughout the Orlando series, you think the Cavs may be kicking themselves for not acquiring Shaquille O'Neal at the trade deadline when all the Suns were asking for return was Wally's expiring deal and JJ Hickson?

Hard to imagine the big immobile Shaq would have done anything except not defend, get out hustled and complain about not getting enough touches.

JoeTait75
06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
It's easy to spend 40 million of someone else's money.