PDA

View Full Version : Will you visit the "new" Riverwalk expansion?

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Eventually, I'll get down there. $10 barge rides!

Slideshow: http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/Museum_Reach_Grand_Opening_.html?c=y&page=1

pkbpkb81
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
my wifes family lives in idaho so when they come in to town in dec. we wll go

SpursStalker
06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Nope ...

:D

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 01:33 PM
my wifes family lives in idaho so when they come in to town in dec. we wll go

I'm sure there will be more restaurants/bars opening up along the new expansion parts., looking forward to it. I didn't know the Riverwalk is going to go all the way to Witte Museum! :wow

Mugshot
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Rest assured, Howard Peak's mustache is still in effect.

http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/museum+reach+opening+lk+15.jpg

Drachen
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Went to the grand opening on Saturday. They did a very good job with it. My only complaint was the sidewalk size. On one side it is just a little bit wider than a normal neighborhood sidewalk. Also, I can't for the life of me figure out where any businesses will be ALONG the riverwalk. It would be just fine with me if there were no businesses along it. Oh, and that VFW right on the banks is awesome. They had some tunes and some BBQ. Great place.

Nobody
06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
They need to clean that nasty ass riverwalk. Was down there a few weeks ago and it's just pure F'n nasty. People may get pissed when cuban says stuff, but he's right - the riverwalk is nasty and a friggin embarrassment.

Mugshot
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I'll probably visit it and that will be one n done for a good 10-12 years. :lol

Evil Angel
06-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Barge rides are for tourists and championship parades!:flag:

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Went to the grand opening on Saturday. They did a very good job with it. My only complaint was the sidewalk size. On one side it is just a little bit wider than a normal neighborhood sidewalk. Also, I can't for the life of me figure out where any businesses will be ALONG the riverwalk. It would be just fine with me if there were no businesses along it. Oh, and that VFW right on the banks is awesome. They had some tunes and some BBQ. Great place.

I heard from several people that the Grotto artwork stood out the most.

I'll probably visit it and that will be one n done for a good 10-12 years. :lol

Oh come on now. :lol

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmm I'll have to check this out next time I'm in San Antonio. I'll be stopping by there in August... I'll look at it then.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
They need to clean that nasty ass riverwalk. Was down there a few weeks ago and it's just pure F'n nasty. People may get pissed when cuban says stuff, but he's right - the riverwalk is nasty and a friggin embarrassment.

Its a river.

Nobody
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
That doesn't excuse the nastiness of it and all the crap floating... it's gross and stinks.

chreph
06-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I went this weekend kind of late (around 9:30 ish) and it was nice but eh... I don't see myself going back anytime soon :sleep

Bender
06-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't pay for parking, so I never go downtown.

2Blonde
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Slideshow: http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/Museum_Reach_Grand_Opening_.html?c=y&page=1

And that $10 is each way / $20 round trip. Screw that. But as for visiting it, yes but next year when all the foliage has filled in. Also after watching the special on News 4 I think when I visit it will be at night. The lighting and artwork looked beautiful at night when it is all lit up.

JudynTX
06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
And that $10 is each way / $20 round trip. Screw that. But as for visiting it, yes but next year when all the foliage has filled in. Also after watching the special on News 4 I think when I visit it will be at night. The lighting and artwork looked beautiful at night when it is all lit up.

Yea, a $20 bill. :lol I'll walk it first.

Oh, so you want to check out the bats that come out @ night from the underpass where the glowing fish are? :D

rolled up $20
06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
If I've got an extra $20 I'll check it out.

2Blonde
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Yea, a $20 bill. :lol I'll walk it first.

Oh, so you want to check out the bats that come out @ night from the underpass where the glowing fish are? :D

Bats are cool. my minor was in biology and in some of my upper division courses we were required to go out to the Bat Caves in Mangum, OK. We would go in during the day and explore the caves and see them in their environment & then we would go back and watch them fly out at dusk. It was pretty cool except that the first time we went, we didn't really believe the instructor about how bad bat guano really smelled. He warned us to wear really old, possible disposable footwear and not to touch anything in the cave. Well someone didn't listen and set their backpack on the ground at one point. OMFG :wow, that was a nasty smell when we got back on the bus. Myself and thers got it on our footwear or clothing. Everything had to be tossed b/c you can't wash out that smell. The next time I went I took shoe covers from the hospital I worked in.

JoeChalupa
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I'll be checking it out but won't be taking no barge ride.

ploto
06-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Love the Museum of Art and hope this expansion will bring more people in there. Won't be riding the barge, though.

ploto
06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I think when I visit it will be at night. The lighting and artwork looked beautiful at night when it is all lit up.
If you are picking a night, Tuesday is great because the Museum of Art is open and free on Tuesdays from 4 to 9 PM due to the support of the JP Morgan Chase Foundation.

Shelly
06-01-2009, 06:44 PM
The farthest downtown I ever go is Cypress and Main.

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
if mark cuban goes with me

marini martini
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I'll def. go, maybe in the fall and at night!!! Thanks for the tip on the free Tues. eve. admission to the SA Museum of Art on Tuesdays, ploto!!!

Sorry to hear about your bat guano experience K.

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Bats are cool. my minor was in biology and in some of my upper division courses we were required to go out to the Bat Caves in Mangum, OK. We would go in during the day and explore the caves and see them in their environment & then we would go back and watch them fly out at dusk. It was pretty cool except that the first time we went, we didn't really believe the instructor about how bad bat guano really smelled. He warned us to wear really old, possible disposable footwear and not to touch anything in the cave. Well someone didn't listen and set their backpack on the ground at one point. OMFG :wow, that was a nasty smell when we got back on the bus. Myself and thers got it on our footwear or clothing. Everything had to be tossed b/c you can't wash out that smell. The next time I went I took shoe covers from the hospital I worked in.

Worse than a skunk? :lol

If you are picking a night, Tuesday is great because the Museum of Art is open and free on Tuesdays from 4 to 9 PM due to the support of the JP Morgan Chase Foundation.

Thanks for that info.

The farthest downtown I ever go is Cypress and Main.

Why Shelly? What's at that intersection? :lol

TheThinkingMan
06-02-2009, 07:50 AM
I think I'll head down on a Tuesday evening.

Drachen
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
I don't pay for parking, so I never go downtown.

When I went down there, there wasn't a pay parking lot anywhere nearby. It was all parking on 9th street and any of the side streets around there or the (as of yet unpaved) parking lot near the midpoint of the river.

CubanMustGo
06-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hmm, couldn't you park at the new Pearl center? Do they charge there too?

Das Texan
06-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm definitely gonna go, just not exactly sure when.

The new stuff looks really cool. Can't wait til they get done with it on Southtown, that may really kick ass, though it may take til what? 2015?

Shelly
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Worse than a skunk? :lol

Thanks for that info.

Why Shelly? What's at that intersection? :lol

My husband's office

td4mvp21
06-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Its a river.

Beat me to it.

Drachen
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Hmm, couldn't you park at the new Pearl center? Do they charge there too?

I am sure you could have parked there too. Don't know if they charge, but I know that there were plenty of spots to park around this area that do not charge.

Dr. Gonzo
06-02-2009, 10:16 AM
We went this past weekend and parked at the Pearl for free. It was really nice. The river is green but it's a river.

ploto
06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Museum of Art parking has been free. Hope it still is.

CharlieMac
06-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I havent been down there since I went out with a bang and quit a restaurant I worked out.

Ladyspur .
06-03-2009, 12:21 AM
I am all over the riverwalk.

JudynTX
06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I am all over the riverwalk.

:lmao:lmao