PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. Marquez 24/7

Yogurt210
06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I cannot wait. Marquez better whip dat ass. even tho the odds are against him, I hope he pulls off a nice upset :flag:

I want Pacman to beat him, but Mayweather needs to be beat already. I cant wait another fight lol.

T_MONEY_TX
06-01-2009, 05:35 PM
www.theboxingtruth.com , got a live show on sunday nights at 8pm, listen in , call in,

mexicanjunior
06-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I'll be sure to Tivo it...

T_MONEY_TX
06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Who do you ya'll think pacman should fight in the time being? Or should he just take a little vaction and wait for the winner of this bout between Mayweather and Marquez? Theres talks about a Cotto fight if Cotto wins next weekend on hbo or even a Mosley fight at a catchweight.

Yogurt210
06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
cotto vs paquiao would be HUGE!

But, Cotto I believe is the much naturally bigger and stronger man, and he would punish Paquiao. Cotta is my fav. fighter, but I don't think he will be the same after the onslaught by Margarito.

Yogurt210
06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Arum scoffs at Floyd's 60/40 offer
Updated June 01, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Floyd Mayweather Jr. must be hallucinating when he said he wants the bigger purse and wouldn’t agree to a 50/50 split with Manny Pacquiao if ever they get to meet.
Pacquiao’s promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, made this observation after Mayweather said “it will be a cold day in hell” before he agrees to a 50/50 split with the Filipino.
“You can tell Floyd Mayweather that Bob Arum said he’s delusional,” the legendary promoter, who once had Mayweather under his fold, told The STAR yesterday morning.
“Floyd is not the attraction. Manny is the attraction. Floyd’s got no idea what he’s talking about,” added Arum, stressing that it’s Pacquiao who should get more.
And the Harvard lawyer means “more.”
Arum said a while back that whoever faces Pacquiao next should be happy with 30, 32 or 35 percent of the purse, and that may include Mayweather who hasn’t fought in 17 months.
“Even a 50/50 split with Floyd Mayweather is nonsense,” he said.
Pacquiao, coming off big wins over Juan Manuel Marquez, David Diaz, Oscar dela Hoya and Ricky Hatton, is scheduled to return to the ring on Dec. 17.
Arum said the Mayweather fight isn’t going to happen this year, and so they’re looking at welterweights Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley, and the smaller guy, Edwin Valero.
Trainer Freddie Roach said Pacquiao will fight Cotto or Mosley at 142 lb, and so far only Mosley, the WBA champion at 147 lb, is biting the bullet, saying he wants to face Pacquiao “now.”
“But I’m not gonna come up with a name until after June 13,” Arum added on the phone, saying Pacquiao will be in New York on that day to watch Cotto against Josh Clottey.
“Then he’ll be back in Los Angeles and I will meet him and Freddie (Roach) there. We will discuss all the options, and get everybody’s input. There’s no rush,” Arum said.
“There’s Cotto, Mosley and Valero. We’re not including Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. because of the weight (he wants to fight Pacquiao at 150 lb) and he’s fighting soon.”
Mayweather, the undefeated ex-pound-for-pound king, is on a comeback, and previous reports said he stands to get $15 million against Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18.
Mayweather is favored to win the fight and stretch his record to 40-0. But this early, people are already talking about Mayweather vs Pacquiao, the reigning pound-for-pound king.
The American champion, as outspoken as his father, trainer Floyd Sr., said he wants a bigger share if he fights Pacquiao. He wants 60/40, and won’t fight at 50/50.
Don’t tell that to Arum. – Abac Cordero

I hope JMM upsets PBF

T_MONEY_TX
06-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Cotto and Pacquiao both fighting under Top Rank makes it more likeying to happen or Pacquiao vs Valero could happen too if Cotto gets upsted next weekend. Alot of boxing fans online have been real high on Clottey.

me15lo
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
postponed

i read pretty boy's bitching about his ribs

me15lo
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
here it is

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AqlAY2dFYkAAOlqqD9xA0S2UxLYF?slug=ap-mayweather-injured&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mayweather injures ribs, postpones comeback fight

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s boxing comeback has been postponed because the boxer suffered a rib injury while training.

Promoters says Sunday that the July 18 fight against Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas will be rescheduled.

Mayweather (39-0, 25 KOs) says in a statement that he had been training hard and was disappointed. Marquez (50-4-1, 37 KOs) says he will remain focused, in shape and ready to fight a rescheduled bout.

Yogurt210
06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
fuck, I was looking foward to this too, now I gotta wait longer

mexicanjunior
06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Damn! I wonder if this means the 24/7 is canceled also...

Yogurt210
06-15-2009, 10:41 AM

that would be a lonnng showing of 24/7 if it wasnt. lol

SAtoDallas
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Makes you wonder if Mayweather is looking for an excuse to bypass Marquez and try to go straight for Pac-Man.

DMX7
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM

That's what I wanted to know. I wonder if they have footage of him getting hurt and going to the doctor, lol.

BacktoBasics
06-26-2009, 01:01 PM
The fight has been rescheduled for Sept 19th due to Mayweathers rib injury.

hater
06-26-2009, 03:09 PM
pussy