PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen.....START YOUR ENGINES!

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Nieman Marcus in the Shops at La Cantera

OPENING SEPTEMBER 16, 2005! :elephant

Just in time for my Anniversary! :smokin

Oh, by the way Sequ.......I emailed you a list of jobs from Monster.com so you can get a couple more jobs to offset the extreme convenience and joy of spending my lunch hours at the Shops@LaCantera! :lol :lol :lol

Shelly, is it a date? See you there on 9/16/05? :spin

Kori Ellis
03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm there too!

It's so conveniently located. This is going to be sweet!!

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:34 PM
We are going to have to lunch there sometime. They'll have PF Chang's there.

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
God, will traffic suck so bad. lol

Then Bass Pro Shop is opening across I-10 at The Rim.

Talk about traffic jams.

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh...yeah.... I fogot to mention the Bass Pro Shops......silly me :rolleyes ....WHAT WAS I THINKING? :rolleyes

GoldToe
03-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Get your GoldToe's while you are there.

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
It's a date! That's my youngest's 10th birthday. He'll understand! :lol

When does Nordstrom open?

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
You know what? I wonder if it was the Nordstrom's sign I saw? I'll check tomorrow on my way to work. I'll keep you updated. It's beautiful so far.

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Oh...yeah.... I fogot to mention the Bass Pro Shops......silly me :rolleyes ....WHAT WAS I THINKING? :rolleyes

What's wityh the sarcasm?

I'm just mention that traffic is going to suck hard once all those delevments open.

Esp. with the power center development Regal Hills opening on the southeast corner of 1604/I-10.

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Regal Hills?

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Traffic sucks everywhere.

Pseudo, Nordstrom should be the building with the arches. All their exteriors look the same.

timvp
Kori drools every time we pass it on the highway. I better get my quality time in now because after September 16th, I'll be seeing a lot less of her.

:depressed

GoldToe
Traffic is going to suck from time to time.

Quit worrying your life away about it. ;)

pseudofan
No, then it wasn't them.

TheWriter
You know what? I wonder if it was the Nordstrom's sign I saw? I'll check tomorrow on my way to work. I'll keep you updated. It's beautiful so far.

Yes, a Nordstrom's will be one of the four main anchors along with Neiman Marcus, Dillard’s, and Foley’s. The Dillard's and Foley's being the new flagship stores of San Antonio.

Shelly
We'll have a GIRLS only GTG.

Kori Ellis
Kori drools every time we pass it on the highway. I better get my quality time in now because after September 16th, I'll be seeing a lot less of her.

Umm.. you'll be coming with me. Who do you think is going to hold my purse while I try things on?

pseudofan
03-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Poor timvp.......LITERALLY.....POOR TIMVP.

MAYBE YOU AND SEQU CAN START MOWING LAWNS AGAIN TO SUPPORT OUR HABITS!

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Traffic is going to suck from time to time.

Quit worrying your life away about it. ;)

I'm not. Just making a quick comment.

It's not like me worrying about how traffic will be in Floresville 300 years from now, or something.

timvp
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Umm.. you'll be coming with me. Who do you think is going to hold my purse while I try things on?

Pseudofan, Shelly, TheWriter, SpursWoman or anyone else who is going to be lining up on the 14th to get the first crack at things.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Neiman Marcus carries Manolo Blahnik.

Maybe we don't need to waste money on season tickets and the such anymore. :smokin

timvp
Poor timvp.......LITERALLY.....POOR TIMVP.

MAYBE YOU AND SEQU CAN START MOWING LAWNS AGAIN TO SUPPORT OUR HABITS!

That's alright. I've already alerted our church that we'll be donated our money to a new cause starting in mid-September.

:smokin

pseudofan
I'm not taking anything with me but one credit card in my back pocket! Therefore, I will not be holding anyone else's purse unless they want their credit card to find it's way into my back pocket to join the party too!

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Regal Hills?

Yeah.

All four corners of 1604/I-10 will be developed soon.

Valero's HQ and UTSA take the southwest corner.

The Shops at La Cantera taking the northwest corner.

The Rim at La Cantera taking the northeast corner.

Regal Hills taking the southeast corner.

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Pseudofan, Shelly, TheWriter, SpursWoman or anyone else who is going to be lining up on the 14th to get the first crack at things.

Um... no thanks. Won't be part of the first day mayhem.

Nor the week long mayhem.

Maybe not even the first month mayhem.

timvp
Who cares about the traffic? There's no one on 1604 how it is now, anyways.

pseudofan
Lem'me be more specific in my question........WHAT IS REGAL HILLS? IS IT A MOVIE THEATER?

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Neiman Marcus carries Manolo Blahnik.

Maybe we don't need to waste money on season tickets and the such anymore. :smokin

And you can get a new pair of sandals for LJ.

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Lem'me be more specific in my question........WHAT IS REGAL HILLS? IS IT A MOVIE THEATER?

Some shopping center that's going in at 10/1604.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2005, 09:53 PM
And you can get a new pair of sandals for LJ :lol

I already ordered him some of those Nike ones.

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
:lol

I already ordered him some of those Nike ones.

phew! I was getting worried. :lol

timvp
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
They'll never replace the originals.

:(

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM

No. Regal Hills is the name of a large retail development that will focus on power stores/big box stores that are not very familiar to SA.

Can't remember some of the names mentioned but it will be neat.

Speaking of movie theaters.

One will open at The Shops and another will open at The Rim.

I've mentioned that a few times before.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2005, 09:56 PM
One will open at The Shops and another will open at The Rim.

I've mentioned that a few times before.

I know you said it before, but which one will have the bigger, spectacular theatres. The Rim?

Shelly
03-29-2005, 09:57 PM
They'll never replace the originals.

:(

Did you try to fix them with duct tape? You could start a new fashion trend, you know.

TheWriter
03-29-2005, 09:58 PM
The Rim will have the bigger theater.

The Shop's AMC theater will have 12 screens.

Santiko's Palladium will be a 21 screen theater.,

http://www.santikos.com/images/palladium-night.jpg

timvp
03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Did you try to fix them with duct tape? You could start a new fashion trend, you know.

I gave them a proper burial at the SBC Center. It's the way Flipper L. and Flipper R. would have wanted it.

:cry

JoeChalupa
03-29-2005, 10:00 PM
You all know you won't find my cheap ass there.
But that theatre is solid.

SpursWoman
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
We are going to have to lunch there sometime. They'll have PF Chang's there.

Can you take me, too? :nerd

Guru of Nothing
03-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Worst Thread Ever!!!

timvp
03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Can you take me, too?

:lmao

MannyIsGod
03-29-2005, 11:20 PM
:lmao @ SW

Jess is going to go poor with those stores, and something tells me I'm going to hate them for opening before Christmas.

AlamoSpursFan
03-29-2005, 11:23 PM
If I have any money left after Cabela's opens, I'll be spending it at BPS.

Let's HUNT!

KEDA
03-30-2005, 01:17 AM
you all can come visit me at work when you are done!!!

Im at Blanco & 1604, not too far

TheWriter
03-30-2005, 01:57 AM
KEDA just reminded me of something.

Rumor is that one of Regal Hills tenats will be IKEA.

Also, for southeast siders, HEB will raze McCreless Mall next month and begin construction on the new HEB and a attached shopping center.

Mark in Austin
03-30-2005, 04:14 AM
The newest generation of HEB's are over 150,000 sf with large general merchandise components. Don't know if the McCreless one is that big... but it should be at least 107,000 sf.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 04:19 AM

That would be cool. Their furniture is pretty cheap (though not top quality) and I like a lot of their knicknacks.

Mark in Austin
03-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Yes, a Nordstrom's will be one of the four main anchors along with Neiman Marcus, Dillard’s, and Foley’s. The Dillard's and Foley's being the new flagship stores of San Antonio.

With Federated Department Stores purchasing Foley's and the pending conversion of all existing Foley's to the Macy's brand, it is probable that the Foley's at The Shops will now be a Macy's. Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdale's and Marshall Field's are also under the Federated umbrella and there is a slim chance they could decide to switch to one of those brands instead, though.

TheWriter
03-30-2005, 04:37 AM
The owners of The Shops, General Growth Properties, are also the owners of North Star mall.

North Star has a big Macy's already. I think they'll keep it a Foley's simply because that was it was built for. I'm not sure of the interior difference of a Macy's and a Foley's.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Of all the Macy's, Bloomingdale's and Foley's that I've been to, I think Bloomingdales is just a tad more upscale than the other two ... and their sales people are a lot more helpful and friendly.

In L.A. there's a Bloomingdale's and a Macy's in the same mall. And no matter how many times I started out in Macy's, I'd always end up in Bloomingdale's. I think mostly because the Macy's people were normally so rude.

TheWriter
03-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Strange that there's not one Bloomingdales in Texas.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Strange that there's not one Bloomingdales in Texas.

They used to be East coast only. They came to Southern California only about 10 years ago (I think?) or maybe I'm think of Macy's. For a long time we had Robinson's and May Company as the main department stores in SoCal.

TheWriter
03-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Ever heard of Weiners. That was the bomb!

lol

travis2
03-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Traffic sucks everywhere.

Pseudo, Nordstrom should be the building with the arches. All their exteriors look the same.

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~dallen/digitalcam/images/mcdonalds.jpg

travis2
03-30-2005, 07:37 AM

Hmmmmmm...might want to think about slicing up those new sandals, LJ...you'll never have to hold her purse with busted sandals.

Besides, you'll never keep up with her anyway, and she wouldn't want that...her purse is going to have to be within arm's reach.

:lmao

Shelly
03-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Kori---Remember The Broadway and Bullock's?

When I moved to southern CA in 1982, you had Robison's and The May Company. The May Company bought out Robinson's and changed the name to Robinson-May (which is Foley's here). Then Macy's bought out The Broadway and Bullock's and all those stores changed to Macy's.

When I moved to Tucson, they had Foley's and then they changed it back to Robinson-May. Then the Macy's buyout happend.

So in short, I ended up with at least two Foley's accounts and three Macy's accounts. It was very confusing.

samikeyp
03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
My wife will be there as well. Timvp, Sequ, User and I can go to Hooters or something. :)

gay abc
03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
We'll have a GIRLS only GTG.

oh goody - can i come? - hehehe

gay abc
03-30-2005, 10:49 AM
KEDA just reminded me of something.

*FAINTS*

OH MY GOD BECKY!!!!

that would be awsome :elephant :elephant :elephant

SequSpur
03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
blow me.

samikeyp
03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
You want gay abc to blow you? :lol

gay abc
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM
You want gay abc to blow you? :lol

you know i do likes them shorter than me :smokin

pseudofan
03-30-2005, 01:03 PM
It's actually Nordstrom's that has the banner about opening 9-16, not Nieman Marcus. My bad! I guess I'll just have to start there instead!

Shelly
03-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Nordstrom has an awesome shoe department!

Here's me after a day of shopping...

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/2ikpq8

tlongII
03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
San Antonio has a Nieman-Marcus now? You must be BIG TIME! The only one I've been to is in San Francisco as there isn't one in Portland. I bought a nice cashmere overcoat there. Great store.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Kori---Remember The Broadway and Bullock's?

When I moved to southern CA in 1982, you had Robison's and The May Company. The May Company bought out Robinson's and changed the name to Robinson-May (which is Foley's here). Then Macy's bought out The Broadway and Bullock's and all those stores changed to Macy's.

When I moved to Tucson, they had Foley's and then they changed it back to Robinson-May. Then the Macy's buyout happend.

So in short, I ended up with at least two Foley's accounts and three Macy's accounts. It was very confusing.

Yes, that was a confusing time. I actually likes the store that was Robinson-May the most at that time.

When I was growing up in Phoenix we had Broadway, Bullock's and Diamond's (which I think is Dillard's now).

Jekka
03-30-2005, 02:08 PM
September 16 I will probably be found somewhere in the Nordstrom shoe department. Actually, they also have an excellent lingerie department, definitely worth checking out - Arianne is the best.

Nieman's will be good for the cosmetic counter, though. And I wonder if Nordstrom is putting one of their bistros in the new building - they have awesome lunch-type stuff.

KEDA
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
There is also a new PJ Madisons Ice Cream location opening up there as well!!!!

Just found out from the owner!

Kori Ellis
04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Just another reason for every husband in here to work overtime....

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050404005801&newsLang=en

April 04, 2005 12:34 PM US Eastern Timezone

Tiffany to Open Store in San Antonio, Texas

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 4, 2005--Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) today announced plans to open a store in San Antonio, Texas, in fall 2005. The approximately 6,000 gross square foot store will be situated in The Shops at La Cantera, a new open-air shopping center located at 1-10 West at La Cantera Parkway, being developed by General Growth Properties, Inc. (NYSE: GGP).

The store's facade complements the center's southwest-style architecture, with limestone entry arch, travertine and polished marble frames in soft neutrals outlining full-height windows, and show windows with original metalwork details like those of Tiffany's New York flagship store. The interior features a series of intimate salons with Makore wood panels and stainless steel framed showcases that together create an elegant and welcoming environment.

The store will offer an array of renowned Tiffany collections, including the jeweler's celebrated engagement diamonds and jewels of ultimate glamour in platinum and eighteen-karat gold settings; rare and lustrous pearls; fashion jewelry and watches, including the classic Tiffany Mark(TM) that underscores Tiffany's reputation as one of the world's premier watchmakers; the signature designs of Elsa Peretti, Paloma Picasso and Jean Schlumberger; and accessories, china and crystal gifts.

"We are extremely excited about becoming part of the new center at La Cantera in San Antonio, a city known for its natural beauty and historical landmarks, which makes it a great place to live and a top destination," said Beth O. Canavan, executive vice president of Tiffany & Co. "We believe both residents and visitors will appreciate Tiffany's own heritage reflected in the new store's architectural details, and also in our time-honored standards of quality, craftsmanship, and superior service that makes shopping at Tiffany a unique experience."

"The addition of Tiffany & Co. solidifies General Growth's objective to deliver a world-class retail destination consistent with the high standards that already distinguish the visionary 1,700-acre La Cantera community," said John Bucksbaum, chief executive officer of General Growth Properties."

Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal subsidiary is Tiffany and Company. The Company operates TIFFANY & CO. retail stores and boutiques in the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe and engages in direct selling through Internet, catalog and business gift operations. The Company's other operations include consolidated results from ventures operated under trademarks or trade names other than TIFFANY & CO. For additional information, please visit www.tiffany.com or call our shareholder information line at 800-TIF-0110.

TIFFANY & CO., TIFFANY, and TIFFANY MARK are trademarks of Tiffany and Company.

Shelly
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
COOL!

I've got some of their jewelry. Time to add to the collection!

Slomo
04-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Just another reason for every husband in here to work overtime....

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050404005801&newsLang=en

April 04, 2005 12:34 PM US Eastern Timezone

Tiffany to Open Store in San Antonio, Texas

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 4, 2005--Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) today announced plans to open a store in San Antonio, Texas, in fall 2005. The approximately 6,000 gross square foot store will be situated in The Shops at La Cantera, a new open-air shopping center located at 1-10 West at La Cantera Parkway, being developed by General Growth Properties, Inc. (NYSE: GGP).

The store's facade complements the center's southwest-style architecture, with limestone entry arch, travertine and polished marble frames in soft neutrals outlining full-height windows, and show windows with original metalwork details like those of Tiffany's New York flagship store. The interior features a series of intimate salons with Makore wood panels and stainless steel framed showcases that together create an elegant and welcoming environment.

The store will offer an array of renowned Tiffany collections, including the jeweler's celebrated engagement diamonds and jewels of ultimate glamour in platinum and eighteen-karat gold settings; rare and lustrous pearls; fashion jewelry and watches, including the classic Tiffany Mark(TM) that underscores Tiffany's reputation as one of the world's premier watchmakers; the signature designs of Elsa Peretti, Paloma Picasso and Jean Schlumberger; and accessories, china and crystal gifts.

"We are extremely excited about becoming part of the new center at La Cantera in San Antonio, a city known for its natural beauty and historical landmarks, which makes it a great place to live and a top destination," said Beth O. Canavan, executive vice president of Tiffany & Co. "We believe both residents and visitors will appreciate Tiffany's own heritage reflected in the new store's architectural details, and also in our time-honored standards of quality, craftsmanship, and superior service that makes shopping at Tiffany a unique experience."

"The addition of Tiffany & Co. solidifies General Growth's objective to deliver a world-class retail destination consistent with the high standards that already distinguish the visionary 1,700-acre La Cantera community," said John Bucksbaum, chief executive officer of General Growth Properties."

Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal subsidiary is Tiffany and Company. The Company operates TIFFANY & CO. retail stores and boutiques in the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe and engages in direct selling through Internet, catalog and business gift operations. The Company's other operations include consolidated results from ventures operated under trademarks or trade names other than TIFFANY & CO. For additional information, please visit www.tiffany.com (http://www.tiffany.com) or call our shareholder information line at 800-TIF-0110.

TIFFANY & CO., TIFFANY, and TIFFANY MARK are trademarks of Tiffany and Company. OK

If anyone tells my wife about this I'm cancelling my trip to SA!
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif

tlongII
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm glad I'm not married and living in San Antonio.

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 05:38 PM

TheWriter
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Add a Burberry store to the list of tenants for The Shops at La Cantera

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Some scale models of the Shops at La Cantera.

http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/lacantera1b.jpg
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/Lacantera-pop2.gif
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/Lacantera-pop4.gif
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/Lacantera-pop3.gif

KEDA
05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Add a Burberry store to the list of tenants for The Shops at La Cantera

SHIT

Im screwed

Add Krista to your list now, she LOVES Burberry!

they better have a Field of Dreams or something for us guys!

Flea
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I cannot wait!!! It opens the 16th Of Sept? Please tell me that is a Tuesday or Friday!!
My youngest will be in a KDO on those days.
:spin

JustEnough
05-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Forget Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom's, there is a BASS PRO SHOP comming in. Now tell me that isn't a reason for a national holiday!

TheWriter
05-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Some scale models of the Shops at La Cantera.

http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/lacantera1b.jpg
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/Lacantera-pop2.gif
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/firm/images/Lacantera-pop4.gif
http://www.alamoarchitects.com/Lacantera-pop3.gif

Freakin' awesome renderings Badly!

I've been looking for some forever.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Freakin' awesome renderings Badly!

I've been looking for some forever.

You have?

I thought you took those pictures?

TheWriter
05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Also to open stores at The Shops:

Hugo Boss, Lacoste, and Tommy Bahama.

ididnotnothat
05-30-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm still shopping at Wal-Mart.

Gatita
05-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Lacoste.

Only idiots will be a polo style shirt for $75 with a damn embroidered alligator on it.