PDA

View Full Version : **Official TUF 10 Discussion Thread**

Pages : [1] 2

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2009, 10:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aj_iOL.4tCMzzVc1nPi1.DE5nYcB?slug=ki-kimbo060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

tlongII
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I love it!

ATRAIN
06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
I cant wait till he gets his ass kicked and doesnt even make the house

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 01:22 AM
LOL what a joke, he is really desperate to be going this route. He'll get beat really early and we'll never hear from him again..

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 02:45 AM
He said he was going to do this to shut Dana White up...I doubt it...guy's horrible.

Evan
06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Its a smart career move on the part of Kimbo, SpikeTV and UFC.

Evan
06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Rashad and Rampage as coach....

Kimbo...

omg spiketv is going to bring in such huge numbers.

Evan
06-02-2009, 07:39 AM
and I guess Bobby lashley (sp?) is next

ATRAIN
06-02-2009, 07:51 AM
and I guess Bobby lashley (sp?) is next

I was hoping to bring them in at the same time but it makes sense for them to spread them out.

desflood
06-02-2009, 08:06 AM
He won't even have to fight for a spot in the house - they must give them out to just anybody these days.

Edit: Yes, for the record, I do realize that if they made him fight for a spot he would never make it in and that would defeat the whole purpose of this scheme for higher ratings. I'm just not a fan of reality tv generally and hate the way TUF is done now. I haven't really watched it since the second or third episode of the Junie Browning Show and will continue to not watch it.

LEONARD
06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Smart move...will pull ratings...

and I'm interested in seeing him in the house...and seeing what he's got (aside from a glass chin).

Destro
06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
This is great for UFC, the bigger bucks and sustainability of the sport will come through tapping the casual fans

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Edit: Yes, for the record, I do realize that if they made him fight for a spot he would never make it in and that would defeat the whole purpose of this scheme for higher ratings.

Yes i do agree it's going to be annoying. Obviously The UFC is not doing this, so he can come for one show and then be gone. They want him in the house the whole 6 weeks. Maybe Dana will give him someone legit to fight, as a means of proving to eveyone how serious he was about him earning a shot. But i doubt it. It's about ratings. He'll fight the biggest can they can find and hope he gets in the house.

desflood
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh no, db. They're going back to the old format for this season. He won't have to fight to get into the house - nobody will. They're just going to put sixteen guys right in.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
We should probably change this thread title..

ATRAIN
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh no, db. They're going back to the old format for this season. He won't have to fight to get into the house - nobody will. They're just going to put sixteen guys right in.

How do you know this?

resistanze
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
How do you know this?

The article.

And unlike in recent seasons, where the competitors had to win a fight to earn their way into the house, there will be no such arrangement this time. All 16 fighters – Spike and the UFC are keeping names of the others a closely guarded secret – will automatically move into the house.

BlackSwordsMan
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM

I was going to put it as ''shit'' but that's not allowed

ATRAIN
06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
The article.

I guess I should read huh?

djohn14
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I like this season...but Next season will be great!

angelbelow
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM
if he proves himself, then i'll respect him. until then hes trash.

Evan
06-02-2009, 04:52 PM

done

dallaskd
06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
epic. i cannot wait for this.

dallaskd
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
So as die-hards of mma and ufc should we be hoping for success from Kimbo or a Jason Guida epic fail?

Evan
06-02-2009, 09:04 PM
So as die-hards of mma and ufc should we be hoping for success from Kimbo or a Jason Guida epic fail?

Man...thats a damn good question.

Most likely he is still a mirage of a MMA fighter created by a scumbag boxing promoter but I'll at least give him the benefit of the doubt when the show starts.

I want to hear what he has worked on but I don't like the fact that Bas dumped him as a trainer/manager.

I don't think there is a way in hell the show isn't spoiled this season. If he makes it to the final (big if) we will hear it...if he gets knocked the f*ck out, we will hear it.

All MMA fans wanted was for him to prove himself as legit and here is his shot.

Going to be one hell of a season....

Evan
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes i do agree it's going to be annoying. Obviously The UFC is not doing this, so he can come for one show and then be gone. They want him in the house the whole 6 weeks............. It's about ratings. He'll fight the biggest can they can find and hope he gets in the house.

yup.....this is being driven by SpikeTV. Big time.

This is such a win/win for the UFC. They have nothing to lose.

IceColdBrewski
06-02-2009, 09:21 PM

You should be hoping for epic faiure. The jury is no longer out on him. He got his ass kicked by a journeyman, and it wasn't even close. The producers are going to want to keep him on for as long as possible, so if it's borderline between him going home and some legit up and comer, the other guy's gonna be SOL.

Evan
06-02-2009, 09:21 PM
from mma.fanhouse.com

Michael David Smith: What's your reaction to Kimbo going on The Ultimate Fighter?
Gary Shaw: It shocked me when I heard, especially after Dana dissing him for two years and saying the nastiest things about him. So it surprised me, knowing who Kimbo is, that he would succumb to working with Dana. It shows that whatever comes out of Dana's mouth is not always the truth.

Are you disappointed on a personal level? You put a lot into promoting and marketing Kimbo.
Sure. I just don't think it's a big enough platform for him. I think it's a step back. I think he's bigger than that.

Are you angry with him?
No. No. Not at all. Not at all. Whatever Kimbo wants to do, I'm happy for him. I don't know what they paid Kimbo -- maybe they paid him a boatload of money -- and in that case he's doing the right thing. Kimbo is one of those people that comes along every once in ages who has what I call the "it factor" as a promoter. I have a lot of fighters who come to me and are great talents but don't have the it factor. And then you have someone who comes along and has the it factor. Manny Pacquiao has the it factor. He's a star. He reeks of stardom. People gravitate to him. Kimbo is that way. When he walks into a room, he lights up the room. People yell "Kimbo! Kimbo!" It doesn't have anything to do with how he did in his last fight. It has to do with the it factor. When Tyson walks into an arena, everyone stands up. He's Mike Tyson, of course, but he's got that it factor. When you're at a basketball game and they show Jack Nicholson on the big screen, the place erupts. He has that it factor. And then they might show someone else who's also a great actor, but he'll just get a little hand. It's that special it factor that people have, even if they're not the greatest athletes in their sport.

So if Kimbo has that it factor, wasn't it smart of Dana White to sign him for The Ultimate Fighter?
For sure. I give Dana credit. I'm not anti-Dana or anti-UFC or anti-MMA. I give him credit. He did the right thing. I would have done it a little differently: I would have said, early on, "Kimbo is an asset and I'd love to have Kimbo." I don't see that as a sign of weakness. I would say that in boxing, if you ask me what I think of Manny Pacquaio, I'd say, "I hope some day he'll fight for me."

Are you disappointed that Kimbo won't be boxing?
Yes. Because I really believe that I could make him the heavyweight champ.

for the entire interview...

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/06/02/gary-shaw-shocked-disappointed-that-kimbo-slice-signs-with-uf/

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes. Because I really believe that I could make him the heavyweight champ.

How hard is that? There are like 17 versions of the title out there in the various sactioning bodies. Wlad Klitschko is the only real champ and he'd blast Kimbo in ten seconds..

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
You should be hoping for epic faiure. The jury is no longer out on him. He got his ass kicked by a journeyman, and it wasn't even close. The producers are going to want to keep him on for as long as possible, so if it's borderline between him going home and some legit up and comer, the other guy's gonna be SOL.

He is for sure exposed as a fighter. He beat Tank Abbot who has never taken anything serious about fighting. Bo Cantrell, a BUM!! Was losing to James Glass Jaw Thompson, when he got a gift ref stoppage and was KO'd by a hack 205 pd fighter, who was a B rate fighter in the UFC. Hell the one notable street fight he lost was to Sean Gannon, who had MMA training. Everyone else was just bums in backyards and BBQ's.. Kimbo is 35 he is not getting any better.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
This should really be interesting. We're gonna see if Slice has any kind of ground game....this should be interesting...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Greatness. I will definitely be tuning in for this.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2009, 10:41 PM
We're gonna see if Slice has any kind of ground game..

The Thompson fight showed he has none whatsoever.. And what has he been doing all this time? Not training at any elite camp that i have heard about, that's for sure..

Mugshot
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
He's a gonna get killed. He's been exposed on so many occasions.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Most of the guys on TUF suck balls too. Yall act like they're all masters.

monosylab1k
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
What's sad is that Kimbo Slice is the most well-known fighter in MMA history. Up and coming sport my ass.

Evan
06-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Most of the guys on TUF suck balls too. Yall act like they're all masters.

no...nobody on this or any other MMA forum does. They are talked about like they are...prospects. When people talk about how good they are its all in context.

And there is a lot of great fighters on TUF. Think of it as the NCAA. Just because they are up and coming doesn't mean they lack talent in anyway. Look at the top 20 fighters in each division and they are loaded with people who were in TUF.

TUF has been justified and proven for what it is.

Evan
06-03-2009, 07:04 AM
What's sad is that Kimbo Slice is the most well-known fighter in MMA history. Up and coming sport my ass.

yeah kinda true...

EliteXC did a superb job marketing him to the non MMA fan yet did the worst job possible marketing him to true MMA fans. It was odd to watch.

Evan
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
And it seems that Kimbo isn't getting paid for this. He's just like any normal TUF fighter.

inUtJbQJGu4

Evan
06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
I guess this is the TUF 10 thread.

Marcus Jones, the 1996 first-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, enters "TUF" with a 4-1 professional MMA record, which includes four first-round victories via stoppage (with an average time of just 91 seconds per win). Three of the wins came via TKO and one via submission.

The 35-year-old played football at the University of North Carolina, where he was a four-time letterman, an All-American and the 1995 ACC Defensive Player of the Year. The 6-foot-6 defensive tackle played six NFL seasons with the Bucs. In his best season, 2000, he ranked eighth in the league with 13 sacks. He spent two additional seasons with the Buffalo Bills (but didn't play in the regular season) before giving up the sport. Soon after, he joined instructor Rob Kahn at Gracie Tampa and eventually made his professional MMA debut in 2007.

Matt Mitrione, who had a nine-game stint with the New York Giants in 2002, will be one of the season's least-experienced fighters (on paper, anyway). He has no professional fights, according to the major fighter databases, though he reportedly has fought as an amateur.

The 30-year-old Illinois native was an All-Big Ten defensive tackle for Purdue University. He went un-drafted after his senior year in 2000 but still earned his way into the NFL as a free agent. In addition to the Giants, the 6-foot-4 Mitrione spent some time with the Minnesota Vikings (though he didn't appear in any regular-season games for the team) before leaving the NFL in 2006.

Brendan Schaub, a 6-foot-4 fullback for the University of Colorado who spent some time with (but didn't play for) the Buffalo Bills, is 4-0 as a professional MMA fighter. He's often compared to his longtime training partner, undefeated UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin. Like Carwin, Schaub has made quick work of his opponents since turning pro in 2008. In four professional fights, he has four first-round TKOs, and the average length of each fight is just 59 seconds.

The 26-year-old Colorado native played for the Arena Football League's Utah Blaze before focusing solely on MMA. Schaub, the son of a second-degree Tae Kwon Do black belt, is a Golden Gloves boxing champion and the 2008 Colorado Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Absolute Advanced Grand Champion. He currently trains with Greg Jackson's renowned Team Jackson camp in New Mexico and T's KO Fight Club in Colorado.

Wes Shivers, who had a short NFL stint with the Atlanta Falcons in 2000, is 0-1 as a professional and 4-0 as an amateur, according to MMA.tv's fighter database. (However, his record is listed as 6-0 in some places). The muscular 6-foot-7 fighter is well versed in grappling and Muay Thai and previously competed as a super heavyweight before a lack of available opponents prompted a move down to heavyweight.

The 32-year-old Team Hammer Hill fighter was a standout offensive lineman at Mississippi State University. The Tennessee Titans drafted him in the seventh round of the 2000 NFL Draft. After playing three games with the Falcons in 2000, he left the NFL and focused on his MMA career.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2009, 09:34 AM

MMA popularity goes way beyond just the United Staes.. :rolleyes

The world over, the likes of GSP, Fedor, Chuck Liddell are far more well known. How many huge PPV's has Kimbo headlined exactly?

ATRAIN
06-03-2009, 09:55 AM

The world over, the likes of GSP, Fedor, Chuck Liddell are far more well known. How many huge PPV's has Kimbo headlined exactly?

Dude consider the source on who said that. Mono is a dumbfuck bottom line.

LEONARD
06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I guess this is the TUF 10 thread.

Marcus Jones, the 1996 first-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, enters "TUF" with a 4-1 professional MMA record, which includes four first-round victories via stoppage (with an average time of just 91 seconds per win). Three of the wins came via TKO and one via submission.

The 35-year-old played football at the University of North Carolina, where he was a four-time letterman, an All-American and the 1995 ACC Defensive Player of the Year. The 6-foot-6 defensive tackle played six NFL seasons with the Bucs. In his best season, 2000, he ranked eighth in the league with 13 sacks. He spent two additional seasons with the Buffalo Bills (but didn't play in the regular season) before giving up the sport. Soon after, he joined instructor Rob Kahn at Gracie Tampa and eventually made his professional MMA debut in 2007.

Matt Mitrione, who had a nine-game stint with the New York Giants in 2002, will be one of the season's least-experienced fighters (on paper, anyway). He has no professional fights, according to the major fighter databases, though he reportedly has fought as an amateur.

The 30-year-old Illinois native was an All-Big Ten defensive tackle for Purdue University. He went un-drafted after his senior year in 2000 but still earned his way into the NFL as a free agent. In addition to the Giants, the 6-foot-4 Mitrione spent some time with the Minnesota Vikings (though he didn't appear in any regular-season games for the team) before leaving the NFL in 2006.

Brendan Schaub, a 6-foot-4 fullback for the University of Colorado who spent some time with (but didn't play for) the Buffalo Bills, is 4-0 as a professional MMA fighter. He's often compared to his longtime training partner, undefeated UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin. Like Carwin, Schaub has made quick work of his opponents since turning pro in 2008. In four professional fights, he has four first-round TKOs, and the average length of each fight is just 59 seconds.

The 26-year-old Colorado native played for the Arena Football League's Utah Blaze before focusing solely on MMA. Schaub, the son of a second-degree Tae Kwon Do black belt, is a Golden Gloves boxing champion and the 2008 Colorado Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Absolute Advanced Grand Champion. He currently trains with Greg Jackson's renowned Team Jackson camp in New Mexico and T's KO Fight Club in Colorado.

Wes Shivers, who had a short NFL stint with the Atlanta Falcons in 2000, is 0-1 as a professional and 4-0 as an amateur, according to MMA.tv's fighter database. (However, his record is listed as 6-0 in some places). The muscular 6-foot-7 fighter is well versed in grappling and Muay Thai and previously competed as a super heavyweight before a lack of available opponents prompted a move down to heavyweight.

The 32-year-old Team Hammer Hill fighter was a standout offensive lineman at Mississippi State University. The Tennessee Titans drafted him in the seventh round of the 2000 NFL Draft. After playing three games with the Falcons in 2000, he left the NFL and focused on his MMA career.

I'm excited about these big athletic guys making it onto the show...we need more dynamic HW's and if these guys were NFL caliber athletes, they should at least make things interesting...

LEONARD
06-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Mono is a dumbfuck bottom line.

Yep, ignore him...

Somehow Kimbo being popular means that MMA isn't an "up and coming sport" :lol

Genius...

Evan
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I will say this tho....people know Kimbo's name.

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope dana does this to fedor as well before signing a UFC contract

ATRAIN
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I hope dana does this to fedor as well before signing a UFC contract

LOL there is NO way he does that to Fedor no matter how over-rated he is

:lmao:pimpslap:stirpot:

dbreiden83080
06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I was talking about this before and nobody chimed in, does anyone know if Kimbo has been training really at all since his last fight? We know he parted ways with Bas, so did he hook up with someone else? I saw him on Dana's WEC blog, and yeah he is in shape but has he been working on his HUGE MMA holes? If he has basically been not training in MMA since the loss to Seth this is going to be a complete and total joke..

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I was talking about this before and nobody chimed in, does anyone know if Kimbo has been training really at all since his last fight? We know he parted ways with Bas, so did he hook up with someone else? I saw him on Dana's WEC blog, and yeah he is in shape but has he been working on his HUGE MMA holes? If he has basically been not training in MMA since the loss to Seth this is going to be a complete and total joke..

If I got my ass beat by some dude who wasn't even on the main card. I would train

dbreiden83080
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
If I got my ass beat by some dude who wasn't even on the main card. I would train

Not the point..

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
How hard is that? There are like 17 versions of the title out there in the various sactioning bodies. Wlad Klitschko is the only real champ and he'd blast Kimbo in ten seconds..
Yeah..no doubt...Klitchko would fuck him up.

Evan
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Kimbo would get ko'd walking into the ring against Wlad

Evan
06-04-2009, 07:47 AM
http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&s=A3997104-1422-0E8C-9AA0835AE0FFF486.jpg

monosylab1k
06-04-2009, 12:10 PM

Yeah I'm sure Tito Ortiz or whoever really cares if Japan & Poland know him, over the US.

robbie380
06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm excited about these big athletic guys making it onto the show...we need more dynamic HW's and if these guys were NFL caliber athletes, they should at least make things interesting...

i'd be excited if they were all under 30...

Evan
06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah I'm sure Tito Ortiz or whoever really cares if Japan & Poland know him, over the US.

Japan can mean big money...so yeah he cares.

monosylab1k
06-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Japan can mean big money...so yeah he cares.

we weren't talking money, we were talking exposure. Kimbo is by far the most well-known figure in MMA history. I don't care if he sucks or if he isn't popular among MMA fanboys. It's just a fact. Kinda like how Danica Patrick is the most famous racer going right now.

Evan
06-07-2009, 08:55 AM
we weren't talking money, we were talking exposure. Kimbo is by far the most well-known figure in MMA history. I don't care if he sucks or if he isn't popular among MMA fanboys. It's just a fact. Kinda like how Danica Patrick is the most famous racer going right now.

He's one of them but I would still go with Chuck Liddell

dbreiden83080
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM

Your such a tool. So MMA history means only in the US? And he is not even the biggest here, I'd say Chuck is. You don't think tons of people know who Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz are in the US compared to Kimbo, i'd say it's close. He hasn't even fought in a long time. And again the world over, no he is not well known. MMA is growing way beyond just the US, so your take on this is stupid, as are all your posts when you troll on in here..

Go back to the Spurs section and piss off Sequ or something..

polandprzem
06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't know how much art is in backyard fighting

dbreiden83080
06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
3 words

Can't Fuckin Wait...

Idkn1Pn_ezQ

Evan
06-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Damn they have done such a good job revamping that show...the old commercials used to suck so bad.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Damn they have done such a good job revamping that show...the old commercials used to suck so bad.

Next season is gonna be friggin insane dude, you can just feel it.

May rival season 3..

Evan
06-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Season 10 will be insane....I can wait to see who that 6 + foot tall dude is.

and wow did I love season 3.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2009, 11:34 PM
What do you think Kimbo's honest chances are here? While the best prospects may not be on the show, (we'll see) he got worked by Seth Petrazelli you know? And i still can't seem to find out if he's been training at a decent camp since the split with Bas Rutten. If he hasn't, then he has not made any improvements..

dbreiden83080
06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Ah wait here we go

But it doesn't sound like he's been there long..

http://urdirt.com/2009/06/18/kimbo-slice-serious-about-tuf-10-training-at-gracie-barra-in-ca/

Evan
06-27-2009, 10:50 AM
And for the record Bas kicked him out.

dbreiden83080
06-27-2009, 01:29 PM
And for the record Bas kicked him out.

So do you think he has any chance at all on the show?

Evan
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
So do you think he has any chance at all on the show?

Yeah I do but only because I think the HW talent pool is so small.

Cane would knock him over with a strong fart tho.

dbreiden83080
07-28-2009, 10:27 AM
MJpZSMftjXY

Awesome..

LEONARD
07-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Really looking fwd to TUF 10...

dallaskd
07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I think Roy Nelson wins this show fairly easily. I would love to see Kimbo do well though..

dallaskd
07-28-2009, 11:53 AM
http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/Octagon_TUF_10_Group-resize.jpg

Zak Jensen – standout wrestler at Augsburg College
Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
James McSweeney – former international kickboxing and Muay Thai champion
John Madsen – defeated Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match
Matt Mitrione - played for New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
Roy Nelson – former IFL Heavyweight Champion
Demico Rogers – high school football and wrestling star
Brendan Schaub – played for Buffalo Bills and Arena Football’s Utah Blaze
Darrill Schoonover – decorated Army veteran
Wes Shivers – former member of the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons
Wes Sims - fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
Kimbo Slice – former EliteXC heavyweight contender and YouTube sensation
Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas
Justin Wren – All-American high school wrestler

Notably, this list omits Jim York and Tom Blackledge, and adds James McSweeney (3-4) and Demico Rogers (0-0?), which could mean that York and Blackledge come in as alternates for McSweeney and Rogers. Or possibly, the other way around. Or neither.

dallaskd
07-28-2009, 11:56 AM
O2rZrp4VxHw

dbreiden83080
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/Octagon_TUF_10_Group-resize.jpg

Zak Jensen – standout wrestler at Augsburg College
Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
James McSweeney – former international kickboxing and Muay Thai champion
John Madsen – defeated Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match
Matt Mitrione - played for New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
Roy Nelson – former IFL Heavyweight Champion
Demico Rogers – high school football and wrestling star
Brendan Schaub – played for Buffalo Bills and Arena Football’s Utah Blaze
Darrill Schoonover – decorated Army veteran
Wes Shivers – former member of the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons
Wes Sims - fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
Kimbo Slice – former EliteXC heavyweight contender and YouTube sensation
Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas
Justin Wren – All-American high school wrestler

Notably, this list omits Jim York and Tom Blackledge, and adds James McSweeney (3-4) and Demico Rogers (0-0?), which could mean that York and Blackledge come in as alternates for McSweeney and Rogers. Or possibly, the other way around. Or neither.

WOW there are some big ass dudes on the show. Kimbo looks small there and he fights at like 240 plus..

cornbread
07-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm pulling for Schoonover because he's been tearing it up on the Texas scene for a while. I think his record is 10-0. But he looks tiny compared to the rest of those giants (he's standing behind Kimbo's right shoulder).

scottspurs
07-28-2009, 01:13 PM
I am really pumped for this season. Spike TV is putting out some good stuff these days. I love watching Ultimate Fighter already, and I also enjoyed 4th and Long. There seems to be alot of talent this season. It should be really fun to watch.

desflood
07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Wes Sims :lmao

That guy sucks. But love him or hate him, he's always entertaining.

LEONARD
07-28-2009, 06:52 PM
O2rZrp4VxHw

It's kinda hard to hate on Kimbo...he didn't ask for all the hype (I don't think).

Evan
07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
It's kinda hard to hate on Kimbo...he didn't ask for all the hype (I don't think).

entourage

dbreiden83080
07-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Yeah i don't hate the guy at all. He's a street fighter who was making some nice bucks with people betting on his fights and putting them on the internet. It blew up and he got offered way more money to go pro and fight for an organization that knew nothing about MMA other than, "This Kimbo guy is pretty popular" He took what they offered, so would just about everyone..

Blackjack
08-02-2009, 11:54 PM
So I'm all jacked for the new TUF season, that promo they're running on SPIKE is marketing genius, but I've always wondered how far in advance they have the fights before the show's aired?

Seeing Kimbo and the others entering the octagon on the promo got me to think about it again, I've never been one to look for the results and I've been watching since season 1, but I figured some of you guys might have a lttle more insight on the subject..

The TroutBum
08-03-2009, 11:00 PM
When does the season start?

desflood
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I haven't been paying much attention, so I didn't find out until today that Rashad actually has Greg Jackson as one of his assistant coaches.

Team Rampage is going down.

ATRAIN
08-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I haven't been paying much attention, so I didn't find out until today that Rashad actually has Greg Jackson as one of his assistant coaches.

You wanna make a bet on that?

dbreiden83080
08-13-2009, 11:21 AM

Maybe on the show because Page can be a goof-off and really only did the show to get a crack at Rashad. In the fight itself Rashad is gonna get KTFO. He is tailor made for Page to smash.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/ga/buzz/feature/vg7/vg_cbyte_rampage_4.jpg

desflood
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
You wanna make a bet on that?
If I had anything to my name, I would :lol

LEONARD
08-13-2009, 12:16 PM
http://mmamania.com/2009/08/13/kimbo-slice-tuf-10-video-win-or-lose-i-come-to-fight/

cool cat
08-13-2009, 04:23 PM
A Rashad vs. Page fight is about as close to a pickum fight that I could ever imagine.

Both can blast people unconscious.
Both have wicked takedowns.

Page is bigger but Rashad has a longer reach.

dbreiden83080
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
A Rashad vs. Page fight is about as close to a pickum fight that I could ever imagine.

Both can blast people unconscious.
Both have wicked takedowns.

Page is bigger but Rashad has a longer reach.

Page is bigger, meaner, much more experienced and just the better fighter. The fight is likely gonna be contested in the pocket and that is where Page will end it with one of his nasty hooks. This is a grudge match for Page, he hates Rashad, i can't see him losing it..

LEONARD
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
One thing we haven't seen from Rampage in the UFC is slams...

dbreiden83080
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM

True and he's actually talked about that. Don't think this is the fight we see it though. Not with Rashad's wrestling. He'll just keep it and go for the KO..

Evan
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM

I was thinking about that...back issue?

angelbelow
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I was thinking about that...back issue?

Maybe just hasn't been given the opportunity?

dallaskd
08-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I think he had plenty of opportunities to slam henderson and probably could have vs Jardine. His knee was too jacked to do any vs Griffin and I think he wanted to KO Liddell, Silva, and Eastman. I bet he lands some big slams here if he doesnt KO Evans first.

dbreiden83080
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I think he had plenty of opportunities to slam henderson and probably could have vs Jardine. His knee was too jacked to do any vs Griffin and I think he wanted to KO Liddell, Silva, and Eastman. I bet he lands some big slams here if he doesnt KO Evans first.

He does need to start getting more unpredictable. His stand-up is better than when he was in Pride but he is not showing as many other skills..

dallaskd
08-13-2009, 07:35 PM
should i make this the official TUF 10 thread?

dbreiden83080
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM

My vote is yes..

Evan
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM

go for it...a lil early but a HW season is a special occasion.

djohn14
08-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Do it sucka!

dallaskd
09-08-2009, 06:23 PM
bump

LEONARD
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/9/1022361/the-ultimate-fighter-season-10#storyjump

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Kh3ISkKRw0E&feature=related

en1cGRvx-Ls&feature=sub

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Page makes short work of that door.. :lol

VEgyjWXtn7w&feature=sub

Rip-Hamilton32
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
lmao he fucked that door up

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
lmao he fucked that door up

Love Page..

http://carolineaguila.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/rampage-jackson.jpg

Evan
09-11-2009, 07:27 AM
when does it start...Tuesday?

LEONARD
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Wed

ATRAIN
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Thats odd my dvr still said Bisping and Hendo but the description talked about Page and Shad.

ATRAIN
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Hell of a Wed night with a good fight night and the return of the ultimate fighter.

Evan
09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
finkelstein - TUF is for animals ----When talking about how TUF compares to M1 Challenge series on HDNET:

"Main difference of our system is that the best people are selected based on the best athletic performance. Moving on to the next level in the tournament takes place exclusively based on athletic performance, unlike The Ultimate Fighter, participants of which behave like animals and instead of being punished for it, they are rewarded. Among TUF graduates it often happens that a fighter is hyped when as an athlete he has little to back it up. This doesn't happen in M1, only the people deserving to go on do go on."

meanwhile back in the land of reality...

Diego - Fighting for UFC lightweight Title
Joe Stevenson - has fought for the Lightweight title
Rashad Evans - Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
Forrest Griffin - Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
Matt Serra - Former UFC Welterweight champion

-pilfered from the UG

LEONARD
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Ranking the TUF 10 guys
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/11/1026027/ranking-the-ultimate-fighter-10#storyjump

http://www.fightmatrix.com/2009/09/09/updatere-post-a-preliminary-ranking-of-tuf-season-10/

dbreiden83080
09-11-2009, 01:44 PM
finkelstein - TUF is for animals ----When talking about how TUF compares to M1 Challenge series on HDNET:

I don't get HD-Net so i don't even know what the hell he's talking about :lol

LEONARD
09-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Too bad for you...HDNet is the shiat!!

dbreiden83080
09-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Too bad for you...HDNet is the shiat!!

I've got cablevision, i don't even think they carry it..

Evan
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't get HD-Net so i don't even know what the hell he's talking about :lol

HDNet is awesome...

But M-1 is so small time Vadim really needs to STFU.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
HDNet is awesome...

But M-1 is so small time Vadim really needs to STFU.

What do they broadcast MMA wise other than these M1 events and that weekly MMA show i see on the internet? Do they cover the UFC much??

Evan
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Lots of local shows and the Dream stuff. Its awesome.

And the UFC stuff is covered lightly but the UFC doesn't give them too much footage to use.

But back to M-1 and Vadim...all I know is I once saw them fighting in a cage that was like 10 x 10 feet with 6 foot walls...so...wtf does he know...

Evan
09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
supposedly of Rampage getting mad at Kimbo

http://i25.tinypic.com/1f9r11.gif

dbreiden83080
09-12-2009, 08:17 PM
supposedly of Rampage getting mad at Kimbo

http://i25.tinypic.com/1f9r11.gif

Evan Bro you read too many spoilers..

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2009, 11:49 PM
when kimbo got ktfo in the 1st?

Evan
09-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Evan Bro you read too many spoilers..

I really try to stay away but random stuff pops up in obscure places. Thats all I know of the season.

BlackSwordsMan
09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
lets see if my spoilers are correct =]

ATRAIN
09-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I got into an argument with NON MMA fans the other day. They were saying Kimbo would beat up BROCK.........LMAO!!!! Then I told them about Kimbos last fight and who he lost to and they shut up. For the NON MMA fan I would say Kimbo is up there on popularity but im sure Brock is over him on that list.

ATRAIN
09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ApXyC88FVAkB54sHQVB8su05nYcB?slug=dw-kimbo091509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Reality show bites for Kimbo
Dan Wetzel

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports 9 hours, 53 minutes ago

Buzz up! 47
Print

Dana White had 15 of the 16 heavyweight contenders line up on Wednesday’s premiere of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter.”

Then White, the Ultimate Fighting Championship president, introduced the 16th man, Kimbo Slice, who strolled through a side door and immediately drew scorn and laughter from his fellow competitors – and even the show’s coaches.

“[Expletive] him,” said Brendan Schaub, a one-time college football player and contestant as other fighters nodded. “[Expletive] that guy.”

Kimbo Slice, welcome to the UFC’s entry-level show, where the hungriest of up-and-comers have been scrapping for their lives – and a six-figure UFC contract – for 10 seasons now.

Photo YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice is one of 16 heavyweight contenders in Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter.”
( Robert Laberge/Getty Images)
Related Video
Get UFC 103 on Y!
Get UFC 103 on Y!

Get UFC 103 on Y!

More UFC Videos
ADVERTISEMENT

The man made famous from YouTube videos of him beating people in boatyards and back alleys, only to flame out at the wrong end of a quick network-televised knock out, was immediately in the cross fire. Hyped by his former promotion and CBS television to absurd levels, Kimbo now has nowhere to hide, no one to turn to and no one to make excuses for him.

The UFC’s motto is “As Real As It Gets” and the pressure on Slice, a man despised and dismissed by so many hard core fans as a circus act and an insult to mixed martial arts, is about as intense as anything you’ll find on television.

It’s what makes the new TUF, the most anticipated, and expected to be the most watched, season yet.

“This is some of the best television we’ve ever done,” White said.

The season may hinge on the competition between a diverse group of fighters, which includes four former NFL players. The show’s other spice is the real rivalry and incessant trash talk between coaches Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson, both one-time light heavyweight champs who are contracted to fight next year.

It starts though with Slice, who all by himself brings myriad storylines. Can he really fight? Can he really dedicate himself? Is he really for real?

More than that though, there’s a human element to this. You can see it in Slice’s eyes on the first show that this is a hugely intimidating situation to walk into. He was singled out from the start, shown to be different by his entrance, and with all eyes and doubts on him, he looked understandably rattled.

“I think Kimbo Slice has a bounty over his head,” Schaub said. “When he walked in it was like the sheep entering the room with a lot of wolves.”

Adding to the drama is the presence of White, who through the years relentlessly mocked Kimbo as a “bum” and a “joke” and everything that was wrong with upstart MMA promotions that didn’t have the sports’ long-term interests at heart.

“I’ve talked more [expletive] about this guy than anyone ever, and coming from me, that’s saying a lot,” White said.

Now Slice is trying to win his approval, now he is serving at his favor?

Slice was so nervous he immediately addressed White as “DW.” It’s not like he hadn’t heard White’s endless bashing of him. And he’s not afraid to admit it hurt.

“Yeah, it [expletive] with me,” Kimbo said in an interview with Yahoo! Sports. “It [expletive] with me a little bit. I want him to eat those words.”

Everyone has been in Kimbo’s spot at some point of their life. This is the new kid walking into school on the first day. This is the co-worker everyone doubts trying to prove his or her merit in a career-making meeting. This is having the full knowledge that everyone else in the room doesn’t just want to see you fail; they want to make a name off it ensuring it.

And it’s all going to happen inside a caged octagon, a full on, man-to-man fight, not some backstabbing board room or tribal vote.

TUF has been a ratings boon for Spike and a huge promotional tool for the UFC. White credits the first season with saving the company, which was awash in debt in 2005 but now is valued by Forbes as worth over $1 billion.

Getting the chance to find out, once and for all, whether Kimbo was just a marketing creation or a real MMA fighter would normally be enough to drive the season.

The bonus is that all the fighters must live together in a house in suburban Las Vegas without any outside access – phones, Internet, managers, etc. So over the course of the show – or however long Kimbo lasts – there is the added opportunity to see the real guy. You can fake a personality for only so long.

Slice has remained somewhat a mystery since he broke into the public spotlight via those addictive videos. Many of the longer features written about him seemed saccharine and a little staged. Who knows though? We do know his real name is Kevin Ferguson, he’s from South Florida and he’s a working class guy who saw an opportunity to make some money for his family and took it.

And it’s worth reminding that Kimbo never declared himself one of the world’s best fighters. That was his promoters. It wasn’t Kimbo that compared himself to Tiger Woods. That was CBS. He seems a little embarrassed about everything but feeding his kids.

“I’m a squirrel in this big world trying to get a nut,” he told Yahoo! Sports.

“I shop in Winn-Dixie and Kmart like everyone else. I never thought of myself as a star. I still consider myself the same guy. I came from the streets. I still hang out on the block with my guys. I still do the regular [stuff]. I do things with my [kids].”

Either that or people love watching him pound guys in raw video footage. Or they want to see him get pounded back.

Either way, he has decided to risk his persona, risk his reputation and perhaps his chance at being a career celebrity by walking into a very difficult situation. No one wants him there. Everyone wants to knock him out. The stakes are high. The focus intense.

Kimbo Slice (“the toughest man at the barbeque” as White mocked him) looks alone on this show.

Stripped bare, he’s just a guy with two fists, fighting for his future.

Evan
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
MY RESPONSE TO KIMBO

i did have respect for you, after our fight you said i was the better fighter. there were 3 times that we could have fought after the elite show for you to get a rematch, but you declined all 3 times. now you go on ESPN making excuses, saying the only reason you lost was that it was sprung on you the last minute and that you can beat me with one hand behind your back!!!! you can go F yourself...maybe now that the UFC is having me back we will see for sure.

xoxoxo
-seth petruzelli
twitter.com/silverbackseth

p.s. im not gay :)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1523290&page=1

Evan
09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/251265/303jom0_medium.jpg

LEONARD
09-16-2009, 05:22 PM
whoa...wtf??

Evan
09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
thats probably not such a good thing for his career.

dallaskd
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Petruzelli is gay, i know it.

dbreiden83080
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Thank God Page can fight, because he sure can't coach..

Blackjack
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Isn't Nover the one who passed out on day-one of the TUF show?

Blackjack
09-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank God Page can fight, because he sure can't coach..

What, 'Stand up... Do something!', that ain't good coaching?:lol

angelbelow
09-17-2009, 03:36 AM
well i did hear "kick him off!!!" a few times lol.

LEONARD
09-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Rampage will get completely schooled by Greg Jack.....err, Rashad as far as team, coaching, etc goes.

Both missed the boat on Roy Nelson (the favorite to win the show)...he went in the middle of the pack.

Rampage picking Kimbo first... :lol

That Madsen guy is a great wrestler (he beat Lesnar in college)...but boring as shit. Hell of a cut on that dude's scalp though. :wow

Isn't Nover the one who passed out on day-one of the TUF show?

Yep...I was thinking about that last night...there is something going on in his brain that isn't right...

tlongII
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't think Rampage cares about coaching. He's just there to entertain himself.

ATRAIN
09-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Was it just me or did anyone else feel bad for Kimbo?

Blackjack
09-17-2009, 11:47 AM

Yeah, the backlash from the MMA community has been a little misplaced. They weren't angry with Kimbo, they were frustrated over the hype and coverage that he's basically had nothing to do with.

I mean, if you were just some dude on the street who found a way to make a name for yourself and a way to make some scratch to better your family, wouldn't you do the same?

Kimbo's always seemed a pretty decent dude and I've never heard him proclaim that he was the Tiger Woods of fighting; a comment made by the morons over at CBS, IIRC.

I give him props for doing TUF and risking the inevitable: 'I told you so.' If he doesn't have a good showing.

I'm definitely not a Kimbo hater.

That Madsen guy is a great wrestler (he beat Lesnar in college)...but boring as shit. Hell of a cut on that dude's scalp though. :wow

Yeah, definitely one of the most boring fights I've seen in awhile.

Madsen definitely has that low center of gravity that makes him an absolute bull, but I'm not sure how much I can take from that fight moving forward. His opponent showed absolutely zero skill before being taken down, for a guy whose strength was supposed to be his standup and some pretty decent BJJ, but maybe that cut got into his head? -- Which from the looks of, there wasn't much that couldn't enter his head:hat -- He just didn't show much of anything...

I guess he's not a quitter?

Oh, and that was a nasty cut. It reminded me of that bleached-blonde dude, whose name escapes me at the moment, that turned into an absolute Tarantino film during the TUF season awhile back; at least in terms of the faucet-factor. Although, that dudes cut didn't look as bad as this one..

polandprzem
09-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Yup I felt bad for him as well. Esp. when you looked at him.
He is there to improve himself so hopefully he will.

Damn I think it takes a lot of guts going into that house with big guys.

LEONARD
09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
DeWees on season 4

Soul_Patch
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
That cut was just freakin nasty...you could have put about 4 fingers under the dudes scalp.

ATRAIN
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, the backlash from the MMA community has been a little misplaced. They weren't angry with Kimbo, they were frustrated over the hype and coverage that he's basically had nothing to do with.

I mean, if you were just some dude on the street who found a way to make a name for yourself and a way to make some scratch to better your family, wouldn't you do the same?

Kimbo's always seemed a pretty decent dude and I've never heard him proclaim that he was the Tiger Woods of fighting; a comment made by the morons over at CBS, IIRC.

I give him props for doing TUF and risking the inevitable: 'I told you so.' If he doesn't have a good showing.

I'm definitely not a Kimbo hater.

Yup I felt bad for him as well. Esp. when you looked at him.
He is there to improve himself so hopefully he will.

Damn I think it takes a lot of guts going into that house with big guys.

You know I was thinking the same thing last night. I mean poor guy he was put in a situation that he really didnt have control over. I mean he was homeless at one point so this whole thing came about on him and you cant blame him for running with it. It would be GREAT for the UFC if he actually polishes up his skills and actually wins this thing. Imagine the draw for a Brock vs Kimbo title fight. It would be the biggest EVER!! Yeah he seems a bit humble and I felt bad for him when those guys were talking shit the moment he came in the door. As of now im leading the charge and saying I WANT KIMBO to win the ultimate fighter!!!

Soul_Patch
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
There arent a whole lot of very talented guys there, so id say he has some what of a shot at at leat making it far.

Most of those guys look terrible. They are big as fuck, but not fighters, by a long shot.

ATRAIN
09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
There arent a whole lot of very talented guys there, so id say he has some what of a shot at at leat making it far.

Most of those guys look terrible. They are big as fuck, but not fighters, by a long shot.

Like Leo said you cant count out Big Country. I was shocked that he was picked middle of the pack too. He would have been my first pick.

polandprzem
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
kimbo ground is awefull and he is not much acurate with his punches, from what I saw recently (previously).

This will be the first TUF I'm gonna look at; hopefully.
the nba season is about to start soon ... So mma will be on the second place

ATRAIN
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
kimbo ground is awefull and he is not much acurate with his punches, from what I saw recently (previously).

This will be the first TUF I'm gonna look at; hopefully.
the nba season is about to start soon ... So mma will be on the second place

Yeah his takedown def looked ok though yeah his ground game looks bad. I hope he improves fast.

Blackjack
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
DeWees on season 4

:tu

I was actually getiin' my workout in, when all of a sudden it came to me.:lol

The name might have slipped my mind but the image of him plugging the gash with his hand while trying to work from the top never will.

Like I said, it was some Tarantino-type shit...

desflood
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
:lol Wes Sims on Roy Nelson:

"I was readily surprised by how fucking fat Roy Nelson is. And as the season went on, I was really surprised by his appetite. That guy can eat everything. He uprooted a shrub out back and ate it during one of the tapings."

LEONARD
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Like Leo said you cant count out Big Country. I was shocked that he was picked middle of the pack too. He would have been my first pick.

I expect him to sub his way thru the others. If he's smart and doesn't try to get in brawls. His ground skills are really under-rated. He beat Mir at Grappler's Quest about 5 yrs ago.

dallaskd
09-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow how was Roy Nelson not picked number 1? I guess Rashad and Page dont know about him.. I think the first fight was pretty good. Abe (i think his name was) completely sucks ass and should probably go back to his real job despite that he's listed at 5-1. The wrestler kid beat the shit out of him. That cut was Ross Pointon quality lol although i dont think the fight was as bloody as gideon ray-edwin dewees. I think this will be a great season. I cant wait to see Wes Sims get his ass kicked!!

dbreiden83080
09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow how was Roy Nelson not picked number 1? I guess Rashad and Page dont know about him.. I think the first fight was pretty good. Abe (i think his name was) completely sucks ass and should probably go back to his real job despite that he's listed at 5-1. The wrestler kid beat the shit out of him. That cut was Ross Pointon quality lol although i dont think the fight was as bloody as gideon ray-edwin dewees. I think this will be a great season. I cant wait to see Wes Sims get his ass kicked!!

Rashad was more interested in keeping one of his team-mates off Page's squad, and Page was too hot for Kimbo, to see straight..

Evan
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
While the ratings for most television series erode over time, "The Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV continues to defy the norm. Illustrating the ever-growing popularity of the UFC and its stable of stars, the premiere of the tenth season of Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" on Wednesday, September 16 (10:00pm-11:00pm ET/PT) was not only the most watched episode in the series history, but also in network history for an original.*

The series, featuring the best up-and-coming mixed martial arts heavyweights, including YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice, garnered 4.1 million viewers, besting the previous "The Ultimate Fighter" high of 2.8 million viewers for the finale of season three in 2006.

Overall, the record-breaking Spike TV telecast drew a 5.3 rating (1.5 million) in Men 18-34, a 4.3 in M18-49 (2.4 million), a 2.9 household rating and 4.1 million total viewers.

Evan
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
:lol Wes Sims on Roy Nelson:

"I was readily surprised by how fucking fat Roy Nelson is. And as the season went on, I was really surprised by his appetite. That guy can eat everything. He uprooted a shrub out back and ate it during one of the tapings."

thats just full of awesome

dbreiden83080
09-17-2009, 09:12 PM
While the ratings for most television series erode over time, "The Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV continues to defy the norm. Illustrating the ever-growing popularity of the UFC and its stable of stars, the premiere of the tenth season of Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" on Wednesday, September 16 (10:00pm-11:00pm ET/PT) was not only the most watched episode in the series history, but also in network history for an original.*

The series, featuring the best up-and-coming mixed martial arts heavyweights, including YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice, garnered 4.1 million viewers, besting the previous "The Ultimate Fighter" high of 2.8 million viewers for the finale of season three in 2006.

Overall, the record-breaking Spike TV telecast drew a 5.3 rating (1.5 million) in Men 18-34, a 4.3 in M18-49 (2.4 million), a 2.9 household rating and 4.1 million total viewers.

WOW, some numbers

dbreiden83080
09-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Dana's really pissed at Page..

DALLAS — Who knew that a simple question about Mirko Cro Cop not showing up to a press conference would set UFC boss man Dana White off.

Well, actually, it wasn’t the fact that the Croatian fighter missed the UFC 103 prefight press conference Thursday at the Hilton Anatole Hotel that drew White’s ire. Instead, the question served as an easy transition to the true situation that has the UFC prez peeved.

“He never shows up at press conferences. Is it OK,” White said tongue-in-cheek of Cro Cop’s no-show. “Guys (expletive) do 'The Ultimate Fighter' and then want to go play B.A. Baracus on the ‘The A-Team.’ This is my life dude, this is the (expletive) I got to deal with.

“You got to pick and choose your battles with these guys.”

Right now it’s B.A. Baracus (or Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to UFC fans) that White has firmly locked in his crosshairs.

“I feel like he (expletive) me," White said of the former light heavyweight champ — one of the two coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights," who was set to fight Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 107 set in Jackson’s hometown of Memphis, Tenn., in December.

"I'm not even talking to 'Rampage.' I'm really, really upset with 'Rampage.'"

White thought he had talked one of the UFC’s biggest stars out of taking the role that Mr. T made famous in the 1980s TV show. Instead Jackson’s manager informed White that the charismatic fighter would indeed be following his Hollywood dreams.

“I can’t force any of these guys to fight. If you don’t want to fight, then you’re not gonna fight,” White said. “You don’t want a guy going in fighting if his head isn’t in it anyway.

“If you’d rather be on the set of 'The A-Team,' then you definitely don’t belong in the Octagon.”

White said he’s not sure if the damage to his and Jackson’s relationship is irreconcilable, but he knows the decision not only messed up Evans’ future fight plans, but those of the entire UFC promotion.

“You have no idea how much collateral damage was done by him pulling out of this thing," White said. "It literally screwed up the rest of our year. We've got B.J. Penn fighting in Memphis, you know what I mean?"

desflood
09-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Wow how was Roy Nelson not picked number 1?
http://i31.tinypic.com/oszygj.jpg

It probably has something to do with the fact that his bra size is about a small B. Look, the guy is in terrible shape. You don't purposely pick a fighter who will probably gas out on you halfway through the first round.

LEONARD
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
How do you know he's out of shape? He always looks like that for his fights. I'm not saying he's in great shape on the show, but I'm not sure how we would know...

http://mmafrenzy.com/files/2008/08/roy-nelson.jpg

If he's smart he'll try to win by sub in the 1st rd of each fight and it won't matter if he's not in shape for 2 (or 3) rds...

2dj5xMeXybs

desflood
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
How do you know he's out of shape?
I've seen Nelson fight before, and you're correct when you say that he does always look like that. However, you will not be able to convince me, despite his positive record (13 - 4 - 0), that THIS

http://mmafrenzy.com/files/2008/08/roy-nelson.jpg

is "in shape". :lol

LEONARD
09-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Fat guys can still have good cardio...which is what I mean by "in shape"...sure, he's not in shape by BMI standards, or whatever else you want to use to quantify "in shape"...

He's taken his gut into the 3rd round many times...including his last fight, which was a controversial decision loss to Monson.

Fight #4 - Jeff Monson (245.75) vs. Roy Nelson (262)

R1: Nelson jabs. Monson tries to stick i his jabs. Monson shoots but Nelson sprawls and lands in Monson's halfguard. Nelson passes to side control at 3:09. Monson escapes into halfguard. Just when Monson appears to free up space, Nelson takes mount at 1:13. Monson escapes to his feet. Monson with a jab. Monson shoots and Nelson defends and the round ends in clinch. Nelson wins the first round 10-9.

R2: Monson with a jab. Monson moves in for the takedown but it's Nelson who trips Monson down. Monson escapes from halfguard. They trade knees while fighting in clinch. Nelson trips Monson down to side mount. Monson simply powers out and the two heavyweights are back in clinch. They battle for position for the remainder of the round. Nelson also takes the second round 10-9.

R3: Monson moves in 30 seconds in and they quickly separate. Monson continues to look for the takedown. Monson misses a jumping left hook. Nelson misses a jab-cross. Monson goes in the for the takedown and Nelson runs off. Monson shoots again and Nelson drops his weight down. Back up it appears Monson might have hit Nelson low. Nelson is fine. Monson lands a nice right. Monson shoots and Nelson defends. Monson's overhand right is blocked. Monson clinches with Nelson at 1:16. Nelson puts Monson down but Monson bounces right back up. A short exchange and the fight ends in clinch. Monson should take the third. MMAFighting.com scores the fight 29-28 for Nelson.

Wow, Nelson gets robbed.

All three judges score the fight 29-28 for Monson.

----------

He's the favorite to win the show and should've been the first pick if they were smart...

desflood
09-18-2009, 09:22 AM
He definitely should have been picked higher for his experience level, if nothing else. I didn't expect Rampage to pick well, but Greg Jackson and Rashad are not dumb. They knew exactly who Roy Nelson is and he still wasn't one of their first choices. That says something.

LEONARD
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe...

Rashad/Jackson's first 2 picks were homer picks...could almost throw them out when considering their picks based on talent...

LEONARD
09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Tiki Ghosn talks Kimbo - "When I met Kimbo and saw what he could do, this guy did not know sh*t about MMA. He didn't know anything. We had to, you know, go through... I mean he can punch, we all know he can punch. But he didn't know anything. He didn't know sprawl, he didn't know how to get out of a takedown, he didn't know any of that stuff. I think as the season goes on, you guys will see some pretty impressive things out of this guy."

I don't buy the rumors that Kimbo gets KO'd in his first fight...

Blackjack
09-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Quite a gift for McSweeney; there's no way in hell he one that first round and he only maybe stole the second with the way he finished.

Somehow Shivers wins 75% of the fight, yet two judges score it 2-0 for McSweeney? I wasn't aware that gassin' yourself docked you points even when the opponent fails to take advantage of it or outscore you..

Lame.

Kimbo v. Big Country?

Kimbo's sprawl and standup better be on point or he's looking at an early exit.

djohn14
09-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I got Kimbo winning this fight

Blackjack
09-23-2009, 10:35 PM
He's actually got me rooting for him now.

I hadn't heard the rumor LEONARD alluded to of Kimbo getting KO'd, but you've got to wonder if the door incident with Rampage had anything to do with that..

tlongII
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Horrible decision tonight.

760Spursfan
09-24-2009, 01:22 AM
tonight's fight was not very exciting but Shivers was robbed it should have at least gone to the 3rd round. I am looking forward to seeing Kimbo next week. I've never heard of the other guy but if he's smart he will not stand toe to toe with the KIMBO!

Stringer_Bell
09-24-2009, 01:36 AM
I think McSweeney won the fight by virtue of being more aggressive, even though both gassed out. He also got a VICIOUS kick to the balls and came back. Wes got take downs, but did nothing and was totally out of breath near the end and resting on the cage. When it came down to it, McSweeney had a good hit and submission chance in the 2nd round.

I dunno if it's true, but about Kimbo...

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*
Big Country knocks him out. Kimbo wants to leave the house, talks some shit, then gets knocked out again by someone else.
*END SPOILER*

Tito also said something about Kimbo at a press conference, but he's Tito so he could have been talking out of his ass.

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 07:22 AM
i've got Mcsweeny win as well

I think he dictated what was going on. He was taken down but no damage was made. Wes was absolutly without a gas and he had nothing to stop those kicks. Mcsweeney had the striking adventage. Shivers not even hit him twice :)

chreph
09-24-2009, 08:02 AM
I hope that spoiler's not true... Kimbo has surprisingly had me rooting for him thus far. I was hoping he'd go a little longer before being picked to fight and against someone a little less experienced

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I think McSweeney won the fight by virtue of being more aggressive, even though both gassed out. He also got a VICIOUS kick to the balls and came back. Wes got take downs, but did nothing and was totally out of breath near the end and resting on the cage. When it came down to it, McSweeney had a good hit and submission chance in the 2nd round.

I dunno if it's true, but about Kimbo...

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*
Big Country knocks him out. Kimbo wants to leave the house, talks some shit, then gets knocked out again by someone else.
*END SPOILER*

Tito also said something about Kimbo at a press conference, but he's Tito so he could have been talking out of his ass.

I'll bet Kimbo beats the "in shape" Nelson.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Could Rampage be any dumber? He has the pick and he doesn't hand pick an opponent for Kimbo? He had to know that Rashad was going to come after him with a good ground guy. MORON!!

Shivers and McSweeney both suck...should've made them go another round just to punish them for their poor cardio. Then give a double loss...

tonight's fight was not very exciting but Shivers was robbed it should have at least gone to the 3rd round. I am looking forward to seeing Kimbo next week. I've never heard of the other guy but if he's smart he will not stand toe to toe with the KIMBO!

Why? Because Kimbo has such huge KO power? Not really. Look at how many times he hit James Thompson, who has been KO'd easily many times in his career. He's decent standing, at best. Nelson could beat him standing, but would smarter to expose him on the ground since that's really where Nelson strength lies.

Nelson is a former IFL champion that shouldn't really be on the show. He should've gone straight into the UFC like Ben Rothwell, who was also the HW champ in the IFL and won a controversial split decision over Nelson a couple years ago.

As far as MMA skills go, Nelson is an 8 and Kimbo is a 3.

Nelson is the favorite in Vegas to win the whole show.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 08:23 AM
I'll bet Kimbo beats the "in shape" Nelson.

How much money do you want to lay on it??

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 08:46 AM
You guys just don't quit.

ps. Leo is right about Kimbo KO power

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
How much money do you want to lay on it??

That Kimbo wins or Nelson is "in shape" lol. If you're betting on the Kimbo TUF fight.. no thanks. I'm sure you know the spoiler. So that means Kimbo loses. What a shocker..

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
That Kimbo wins or Nelson is "in shape" lol. If you're betting on the Kimbo TUF fight.. no thanks. I'm sure you know the spoiler. So that means Kimbo loses. What a shocker..

There are multiple spoilers out there...I've seen one that says Kimbo wins and one that says Kimbo loses. I don't believe any of the crap that Wes F'n Sims is spreading...

You're the one that said "I'll bet Kimbo beats the "in shape" Nelson" for some reason...I just asked if you wanted to lay money on it. I'd even give you some odds. My $20 to your $10.

As usual, you're somehow twisting my words and making it out like I'm saying that Roy Nelson is "in shape" when in reality all I said was how does anybody know if he is or isn't? He always has a gut, even when he fights for 3 5-min rounds...if you can do that, you're not in terrible cardio shape.

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM
God that fight last night was absolutely terrible. Shivers had no clue how to do much of anything, and seem'd completely gassed after the first exchange.

I dont know how on earth it would have went another round, they would have just stood there and breathed on each other.

I think the both need to go, makes the show look terrible.

About Nelson,

We laughed last night, my wife and i. That Nelson guy looks terrible. He looks like someone i wouldnt be too affraid of fighting, just some fat ass redneck. I know im probably wrong, and he probably has (or had?) some great skills at some point, but wow...he just looks like an out of shape, beer drinking NASCAR fan.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
About Nelson,

We laughed last night, my wife and i. That Nelson guy looks terrible. He looks like someone i wouldnt be too affraid of fighting, just some fat ass redneck. I know im probably wrong, and he probably has (or had?) some great skills at some point, but wow...he just looks like an out of shape, beer drinking NASCAR fan.

You fail.

He's ALWAYS looked like that...

Nelson would destroy you in 15 seconds...

Do a little research...

and change your stupid sig pic...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 09:54 AM
There are multiple spoilers out there...I've seen one that says Kimbo wins and one that says Kimbo loses. I don't believe any of the crap that Wes F'n Sims is spreading...

You're the one that said "I'll bet Kimbo beats the "in shape" Nelson" for some reason...I just asked if you wanted to lay money on it. I'd even give you some odds. My $20 to your $10.

As usual, you're somehow twisting my words and making it out like I'm saying that Roy Nelson is "in shape" when in reality all I said was how does anybody know if he is or isn't? He always has a gut, even when he fights for 3 5-min rounds...if you can do that, you're not in terrible cardio shape.

You posted a video of when he was small, and then above it have a picture of him and his fat gut. I don't know what in the world would make me think "out of shape?" I'm not twisting your stand-off'ish words, of "how do you know he's out of shape?" Who would read that and think that YOU believe he is in shape?

In a blind poll, i'm sure everyone that you would ask would say, "OH. He's in shape."

Other people who answered yes to that poll also answered yes to the following polls:

Michael Jackson never touched small boys
LEONARD wouldn't suck FEDORs cock, but just the "tip"
OJ Simpson is innocent
Ashley Simpson and Milli Vanilli are real artists

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
You fail.

Do a little research...

2003 disagrees with you.

aww.. don't cry if everyone doesn't agree with you.

I'm sure you want to believe he's in shape so you can say you're in shape. I get why you take offense. Don't worry. It'll be our secret. You're in shape.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 10:23 AM
You posted a video of when he was small, and then above it have a picture of him and his fat gut. I don't know what in the world would make me think "out of shape?" I'm not twisting your stand-off'ish words, of "how do you know he's out of shape?" Who would read that and think that YOU believe he is in shape?

In a blind poll, i'm sure everyone that you would ask would say, "OH. He's in shape."

Other people who answered yes to that poll also answered yes to the following polls:

Michael Jackson never touched small boys
LEONARD wouldn't suck FEDORs cock, but just the "tip"
OJ Simpson is innocent
Ashley Simpson and Milli Vanilli are real artists

sigh...

I have no idea if he's in shape on TUF. My point is his that his gut is clearly not an indicator of where his cardio level is at. You can have great cardio and still have a gut...that's my point.

I posted the grappling match with Mir (2003) to show some of his ground skills...not to show his physique back then. He's always had a big gut while doing MMA...

Here he is 3 1/2 yrs ago in one of his first fights...
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/28/27550.jpg

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/46/45580.jpg

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/55/54549.jpg

He's gone 3 rds and won several times with his current physique, as recently as March against Jeff Monson (although that was a controversial loss), so he has to at least have decent cardio despite the gut. Do you disagree with that?

2003 disagrees with you.

aww.. don't cry if everyone doesn't agree with you.

I'm sure you want to believe he's in shape so you can say you're in shape. I get why you take offense. Don't worry. It'll be our secret. You're in shape.

He clearly doesn't know who Roy Nelson is...and he's assuming that his skills have degraded because of how he looks on TUF. He's wrong, IMO.

Funny how it always comes back to personal shots at me...a person you don't even know... :lol

Brock Lesnar is very out of shape based your BMI requirement...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't have a BMI requirement.

Nobody would call Brock a fat slob you idiot.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KJKyqWeVDHw/SkJSaRM0ojI/AAAAAAAABoQ/y0EARzNacis/s400/Shane+Carwin.jpg
http://kombatarts.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/brock-lesnar-2.jpg

SO OUT OF SHAPE. THEY NEED THE ROY NELSON WORK OUT VIDEOS!!!!!!!

Rip-Hamilton32
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
i was a kimbo hater until the show started the guy is sayin all the right things and i hope he does well

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Lesnar and Carwin having chiseled physiques has nothing to do with Roy Nelson and whether or not he's in good enough shape to be a good fighter...

I don't have a BMI requirement.

Nobody would call Brock a fat slob you idiot.

I guess I missed where I said Lesnar was a fat slob???

You're the one that said I was out of shape (or a fatass I believe it was?) because of BMI...even though you're wrong... :lol

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I didn't say shit about "good enough" for anything. I said he's fat or out of shape, what the fuck ever you want to call it, because that is what he is. http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/mma/story_preview/2009/09/05/ross_clifton_super_heavyweight_dies.jpg

He fought to. He was in good enough shape to fight. Sweet.

Dude.. if you're fucking fat and you're BMI is high then guess what chief? You're fucking fat. Hi! I'm common sense, good to meet you LEONARD.

If you're fucking ripped and your BMI is high? You aren't fat. Hi, I'm commom sense, good to meet you LEONARD.

You're such a fucking douche who changes everything they say. Go home to watch your wife bang some other guy. Do some cardio so you're "in shape" fatty.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
You crack me.. nobody can be that stupid, but you push that boundary everyday.

robbie380
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM

jesus they fucked up that benz in your sig:lol

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I got Kimbo winning this fight

Since this is a unique fight, what do you say we add this to our picks, i'll make a thread on it..

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I didn't say shit about "good enough" for anything. I said he's fat or out of shape, what the fuck ever you want to call it, because that is what he is. http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/mma/story_preview/2009/09/05/ross_clifton_super_heavyweight_dies.jpg

He fought to. He was in good enough shape to fight. Sweet.

Dude.. if you're fucking fat and you're BMI is high then guess what chief? You're fucking fat. Hi! I'm common sense, good to meet you LEONARD.

If you're fucking ripped and your BMI is high? You aren't fat. Hi, I'm commom sense, good to meet you LEONARD.

You're such a fucking douche who changes everything they say. Go home to watch your wife bang some other guy. Do some cardio so you're "in shape" fatty.

Wow wow wow... :lol

Yes, Roy Nelson is fat...that is a fact and I've never said he isn't. The discussion is whether or not he's "IN SHAPE"...to which I say, we don't know...based on history and the way he's always looked in his fights. "IN SHAPE" to me means that he has the cardio and stamina to go three 5 min rounds. He's proven in the past that he does, despite being fat. That's all that matters...he doesn't have to have a 6 pack to be "IN SHAPE" in my opinion.

You crack me.. nobody can be that stupid, but you push that boundary everyday.

Speaking of stupid, how about bringing Ross fucking Clifton...
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ross-Clifton-2658

into a discussion about Roy Nelson, who is a proven MMA fighter that has fought some high level guys. Genius stuff...

You crack me...making shit up about somebody you don't know and have never met. It makes you look like a little bitch who has no other counters to the discussion...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
You spit the same shit. You keep your definition of "in shape." I'll start a poll as a sociological experiment and see if people believe that FAT is "in shape." LOL.

I'm not making it up. I know you and your wife. Well, I don't know YOU. I know for a fact that the entire post office ran a train on her. She complained about her fat husband with the little cock.

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Well shivers was in frickin great shape, and him BMI is a lot better then Nelsons I guess

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 11:49 AM
You fail.

Do a little research...

Wow, what crawled up your ass and died? Im sure he would destroy me, he is a trained professional fighter. I am saying, if i saw this dude out in a bar and he started shit with me, i wouldnt feel that bad about meeting him outside for a round or two. Now...would i win, probably not.

Stop getting your fucking panties in a wad, the dude is fat...looks like he has very little actual muscle. What is so wrong about stating the obvious? He your friend or relative or something?

Ill change my sig pic, when you guys remove your 1280x1024 collage of animated gifs, fight posters, stat lines, etc...that eat my browser up every time i see them. Until then enjoy...dick.

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Well shivers was in frickin great shape, and him BMI is a lot better then Nelsons I guess

Good point, this.

Which proves that being in shape, definately doesnt mean having good cardio.

What i think the other guy and i are trying to say is that being fat definately and unequivically means you are "out of shape"

Being fat puts stress on your heart, arteries, etc... leads to things like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc...do i have to recite this or you guys can probably go to the American Heart Association website to read it. The dude, according to Wikipedia, is 6ft 265. That would put him in the high range of the obese category on a BMI chart...nearing "extremely obese" Is that healthy?

It is rare that someone that fat would have good cardio, but maybe he does (giving leonard the benefit of the doubt). He is most definately obese though, and that in and of itself is being out of shape.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Since this is a unique fight, what do you say we add this to our picks, i'll make a thread on it..

If it were live, I would be in agreement, but this happened in the past. So, I would go with no.

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
If it were live, I would be in agreement, but this happened in the past. So, I would go with no.

Unless you are a internet MMA moron looking for spoilers then you shouldn't know the result..

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Unless you are a internet MMA moron looking for spoilers then you shouldn't know the result..

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
giggle.

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM
It's beyond me why any serious MMA fan would ruin the show by looking for spoilers..

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
What's the point of watching the show when you know the end result? Why watch the show? If you don't care about the show or the results, why would post in a thread about the show? Maybe you are in internet MMA moron as db says.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not making it up. I know you and your wife. Well, I don't know YOU. I know for a fact that the entire post office ran a train on her. She complained about her fat husband with the little cock.

Once again...you're only making yourself look like a little bitch...

Yep...and his cardio was kickass!!!

Wow, what crawled up your ass and died? Im sure he would destroy me, he is a trained professional fighter. I am saying, if i saw this dude out in a bar and he started shit with me, i wouldnt feel that bad about meeting him outside for a round or two. Now...would i win, probably not.

Stop getting your fucking panties in a wad, the dude is fat...looks like he has very little actual muscle. What is so wrong about stating the obvious? He your friend or relative or something?

Ill change my sig pic, when you guys remove your 1280x1024 collage of animated gifs, fight posters, stat lines, etc...that eat my browser up every time i see them. Until then enjoy...dick.

LOL..."probably not"...really?? So you'd give yourself some sort of change against Roy Nelson??

Yes, you stated the obvious...that Roy Nelson is fat, which I think anybody would agree on. I stated the obvious as well...that you don't know anything about Roy Nelson as a fighter, but you're making comments about his skills...

No really...your sig pic sucks dude...

Good point, this.

Which proves that being in shape, definately doesnt mean having good cardio.

What i think the other guy and i are trying to say is that being fat definately and unequivically means you are "out of shape"

Being fat puts stress on your heart, arteries, etc... leads to things like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc...do i have to recite this or you guys can probably go to the American Heart Association website to read it. The dude, according to Wikipedia, is 6ft 265. That would put him in the high range of the obese category on a BMI chart...nearing "extremely obese" Is that healthy?

It is rare that someone that fat would have good cardio, but maybe he does (giving leonard the benefit of the doubt). He is most definately obese though, and that in and of itself is being out of shape.

BMI...sweet. Plug in a height, weight, and age and see where you fall. Lesnar is extremely obese too. Acccording to you, that means he's out of shape...right?? Or did I not read that right?

Yes, Roy Nelson is fat...he's also a solid fighter that has proven in the past that he can fight well and have good cardio while still being fat. It's just the way he is. I think he's on TUF because of his belly honestly. He doesn't fit the look that the UFC wants for its fighters to have. He's having to prove himself on the show while many other HW's with nowhere near his credentials go straight to the UFC. Pretty lame really. I hope he fights smart and rolls thru everyone on the show...

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Actually, they've been posted all over the place...I know I stumbled onto one by accident on a forum because it was posted in a thread title. I wasn't happy about it...

giggle.

Right...because I said I went looking for spoilers...genius.

What's the point of watching the show when you know the end result? Why watch the show? If you don't care about the show or the results, why would post in a thread about the show? Maybe you are in internet MMA moron as db says.

Nobody knows the end result. There are rumors floating around but nobody knows what's true and what's made up. Wes Sims is behind most of it, and he certainly can't be trusted...

and the end result is live anyway...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Sounds like a good excuse there little cock. "I saw it while surfing .. I swear." You looked it up hoping your fat friend would be there at the end.

You continue to post the same thing about BMI. What don't you get? You use Brock Lesnar as an example. That's good.

Would a doctor look at Brock and go.. Hey, according to BMI, you're obese. I can't tell, because I'm LEONARD and a stupid fuck.

No. It's obvious BMI wouldn't apply to someone that's IN SHAPE

NELSON.. on the other hand is a fat fuck and the doctor would say, HEY you're BMI is through the fucking roof. If you want to stay clear of a heart attack or whatever else you fat fucks like LEONARD watch out for when you are fat pieces of shit, then I'd watch out for that. Becuase YOU'RE FUCKING FAT.

I know it's hard to understand these words when you have ketchup and mayonnaise on the screen and you wipe the screen to read, but you smeared over some other letters, but it's a simple concept really. Put down the fast food, clean the screen entirely, read the message. Ask someone with an IQ greater than 30 what the words mean, and then respond. That would be great. Thanks.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:18 PM
More proof there at the end that you are insane and have major issues...good stuff.

I've actually never been a Roy Nelson fan because he does annoying shit in the ring...like rubbing his belly and doing stupid jumping kicks after a fight. But you can think what you'd like. Evan also saw a spoiler that he didn't want to see...why is that so far fetched in your mind? :lol

So Lesnar is excluded from the BMI discussion because he's "in shape"...clearly he is by looking at him, but how do you quantify "in shape"??? I didn't realize the BMI chart was for out of shape people only...lol

Is Gabe Gonzaga obese?? Frank Mir? BMI says they are. Or do they get the "in shape" pass too?

BMI is stupid and pointless...that's my point. You've brought it up in the past and Soul Patch brought it up this time...pointless.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Because you're an idiot without common sense. That's my point.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't go "stumble" across any more spoilers.

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Jeez christ - put your emotions aside :)

The BMI doesn't tell you the truth. And I don't know why was it made for?

And about a cardio. Yup the guy is fat but that does not mean he has a weak cardio.
and I don't know if have so much fat is being out of shape.
If you can talk about his cardio and that fat is spoiling his cardio it's the truth but muscles needs more oxygen so a guy with the same muscle mass rather then fat will have more chance to have worse cardio.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Because you're an idiot without common sense. That's my point.

Solid response...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
"in shape" is a generic throw away term. BMI isn't the end all - be all. It's just a number the quantifies BODY FAT.

If you are an athlete, you are going to have more muscle mass than a normal person, thus it's going to be hard to use BMI as an sort of indicator.

I mean, we aren't talking about fucking quantum physics here.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
BMI isn't the end all - be all. It's just a number the quantifies BODY FAT.

How does BMI have anything to do with BODY FAT?

You can't determine anything about BODY FAT with a height, weight, and age...

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Solid response...

and your regurgitation is a new solid take on what? Nothing. You didn't make any point that I haven't already refuted. If you don't get that. I'm sorry you are a moron.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
How does BMI have anything to do with BODY FAT?

You can't determine anything about BODY FAT with a height, weight, and age...

You're such a tool. Go measure Roy Nelson with some fucking calipers to get his ready body fat percentage. I guarantee that his BMI Index is closely related.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
er.. I said Body Fat but I meant Body Mass

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
LOL..."probably not"...really?? So you'd give yourself some sort of change against Roy Nelson??

Yes, you stated the obvious...that Roy Nelson is fat, which I think anybody would agree on. I stated the obvious as well...that you don't know anything about Roy Nelson as a fighter, but you're making comments about his skills...

No really...your sig pic sucks dude...

Yep...I think i can beat Roy Nelson! Absolutely, thats what this whole discussion boils down to. It's just a who's tougher than who argument.

Are you fucking dense bro? Like seriously have a hard time comprehending information? My comments are if i saw this dude starting shit with a friend, or with me, or whatever...i wouldnt auto think "damn, that dude is tough, this is going to hurt!" I would probably give myself a shot. Can you not get that?

Let me put it in very short concise words so hopefully you can understand, i know its kinda tough to understand complex sentences and ideas.

Nelson is fat.

Nelson looks weak (not strong).

He looks like a pushover. (need me to define pushover? pm me!)

Im sorry dude if this offends you somehow, or if this dude is related to you or something. I am fat too, so make fun of me! I am simply stating the obvious.

Should i change my sig to a 1280x1024 UFC 104 Fight poster? Maybe i can add some bad ass animation to it!

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
"in shape" is a generic throw away term. BMI isn't the end all - be all. It's just a number the quantifies BODY FAT.

If you are an athlete, you are going to have more muscle mass than a normal person, thus it's going to be hard to use BMI as an sort of indicator.

I mean, we aren't talking about fucking quantum physics here.

True, when i graduated High School i was 155 pds soaking wet, and i'm 6'0 tall. I went to the gym and bulked up a lot in my early 20's to about 200 pds, some fat, but mostly muscle. I'm about 210 now, which is off from peak weight since bulking up, by about 10-12 pds but if you calulate my BMI, it says i am overweight not calulating in muscle gain. Yet if you do it for my weight at age 18 when i was a scrawny little shit, it says i am right where i need to be.. And my cardio is way better now than it was then, as i never went to the gym when i was a kid..

BMI is uselss..

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't even get the love with BMI from LEONARD to try to downplay anypoint. It's just stupid and pathetic. I just used it because. If I look at you and you're FAT. I guarantee BMI applies to you.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
LEONARD is fat. His BMI is in the obesity range

NELSON is fat. His BMI is the obesity range.

I don't care if Lensar or anyone else has a high BMI. They aren't fat. End of story. End of point.l

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
er.. I said Body Fat but I meant Body Mass

and that would make sense...body fat has nothing to do with BMI.

You're forgiven for your mistake above, even though you still managed to call me a tool, even though I was right based on what you typed at the top of this page... :lol

BMI is uselss..

Thank you

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Could Rampage be any dumber? He has the pick and he doesn't hand pick an opponent for Kimbo

Come on dude how do you hand-pick an oppponent for Kimbo? He couldn't KO James Glass Chin Thompson and was waxed by Seth Petrazelli.. Everyone in that house, has the tools to beat him.. I like that he has to fight someone good, it's what i wanted. If he is going to do well on the show, lets see him earn it..

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't even get the love with BMI from LEONARD to try to downplay anypoint. It's just stupid and pathetic. I just used it because. If I look at you and you're FAT. I guarantee BMI applies to you.

LEONARD is fat. His BMI is in the obesity range

NELSON is fat. His BMI is the obesity range.

I don't care if Lensar or anyone else has a high BMI. They aren't fat. End of story. End of point.l

Can you post a pic of obese LEONARD since you know me so well?? :lol

BMI was brought up on this forum for the first time by YOU to somehow try to show that I was a fatass...dumbass.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Come on dude how do you hand-pick an oppponent for Kimbo? He couldn't KO James Glass Chin Thompson and was waxed by Seth Petrazelli.. Everyone in that house, has the tools to beat him.. I like that he has to fight someone good, it's what i wanted. If he is going to do well on the show, lets see him earn it..

Well he didn't pick an opponent so now he gets the guy on the show with the best ground skills...I would think Nelson would NOT have been Rampage's pick. That is my point...Rampage fucked up, again.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Yep...I think i can beat Roy Nelson! Absolutely, thats what this whole discussion boils down to. It's just a who's tougher than who argument.

Are you fucking dense bro? Like seriously have a hard time comprehending information? My comments are if i saw this dude starting shit with a friend, or with me, or whatever...i wouldnt auto think "damn, that dude is tough, this is going to hurt!" I would probably give myself a shot. Can you not get that?

Let me put it in very short concise words so hopefully you can understand, i know its kinda tough to understand complex sentences and ideas.

Nelson is fat.

Nelson looks weak (not strong).

He looks like a pushover. (need me to define pushover? pm me!)

Im sorry dude if this offends you somehow, or if this dude is related to you or something. I am fat too, so make fun of me! I am simply stating the obvious.

Should i change my sig to a 1280x1024 UFC 104 Fight poster? Maybe i can add some bad ass animation to it!

You said...

I am saying, if i saw this dude out in a bar and he started shit with me, i wouldnt feel that bad about meeting him outside for a round or two. Now...would i win, probably not.

the "probably not" made me laugh...

Let me lay it out for you also.

Nelson if fat.

Nelson is a good fighter.

You know nothing about Nelson as a fighter, yet you're commenting on him as a fighter.

I'm not offended by anything you say about Nelson as I don't know him and am not a fan of his...just correcting you since you are clearly ignorant about Roy Nelson as a fighter.

oligarchy
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
and that would make sense...body fat has nothing to do with BMI.

You're forgiven for your mistake above, even though you still managed to call me a tool, even though I was right based on what you typed at the top of this page... :lol

Thank you

I made a mistake. Point LEONARD. Want to make out now?

Can you post a pic of obese LEONARD since you know me so well?? :lol

BMI was brought up on this forum for the first time by YOU to somehow try to show that I was a fatass...dumbass.

I don't have time to search for the picture of yourself that you posted.. Just repost it.

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Well he didn't pick an opponent so now he gets the guy on the show with the best ground skills...I would think Nelson would NOT have been Rampage's pick. That is my point...Rampage fucked up, again.

I agree Page fucked up, but wouldn't you rather see Kimbo fight someone of caliber? If he wins, it's dramatic, if he loses, then we know he didn't really belong there..

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I never pretended to know anything about him. I said he looks out of shape, and that knowing nothing else about him or his background, he looks like a guy i wouldnt be that affraid of

People i probably wouldnt back down to fight, knowing only what the look like:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/739373/80664158.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/739373/80664160.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/739373/80664163.jpg

See the trend here?....sure ALL of them (ok accept maybe the big tittie black guy) could probably kick my ass...but i wouldnt know that until i was on the ground regreting my decision.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I made a mistake. Point LEONARD. Want to make out now?

I don't have time to search for the picture of yourself that you posted.. Just repost it.

In 2006 when I posted pictures from Pride in LV I was 6' 215 lbs...which is the same that I am now only a little leaner. Such a fatass indeed.

I agree Page fucked up, but wouldn't you rather see Kimbo fight someone of caliber? If he wins, it's dramatic, if he loses, then we know he didn't really belong there..

Roy Nelson is exactly who I'd want to see him fight as a fan...

My point was that Rampage f'd up once again and is making terrible decisions for his team...

I never pretended to know anything about him. I said he looks out of shape, and that knowing nothing else about him or his background, he looks like a guy i wouldnt be that affraid of

See the trend here?....sure ALL of them (ok accept maybe the big tittie black guy) could probably kick my ass...but i wouldnt know that until i was on the ground regreting my decision.

You said...

I know im probably wrong, and he probably has (or had?) some great skills at some point, but wow...he just looks like an out of shape, beer drinking NASCAR fan.

so I pointed out the mistake you were making by assuming, based on his looks, that he showed up on the show any different than he always looks when he fights. You questioned that maybe he had skills previously and had lost them...which isn't the case.

I'm also laughing that you said Butterbean could "probably" kick your ass... :lol

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm also laughing that you said Butterbean could "probably" kick your ass... :lol

Why, when you have no idea who i actually am, or how well i can actually fight? Assumptions work both ways eh?

But you are right, my ass is so out of shape right now, im pretty sure anyone could kick it...but id probably fight butterbean, just to say i did it. Being he is like 5'10" 415lbs...id say i had a good chance he would have a heartattack before he could catch my ass to hit me...

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
He hasn't had a heart attack in any of his dozens of boxing or MMA fights yet...so you can probably rule that out...but rule in Butterbean by KO...

True, I don't know you...but it doesn't matter. Unless we have a pro fighter posting here??

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Butterbean professional boxing record is 77 wins with 58 knockouts, 7 losses and 4 draws.

No matter how you slice it. The guy can fight :)

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Rashad vs Thiago Silva possibly
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/24/thiago-silva-next-in-line-for-rashad-evans-possible-for-ufc-108/

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
It is amazing to me that someone who is under 6 ft tall and over 400lbs can move, much less fight...freak of nature.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I stood next to him in Vegas and could not believe how solid the dude was...his neck was ridiculous. Yea, he's a fat bastard...but he's also strong as an ox and can take a good punch. I'll have to run his BMI later and see if he's IN SHAPE or not...

Soul_Patch
09-24-2009, 05:38 PM
^^ lol...you don' let it go!

Hey BMI is an indicator for almost all things "in shape" according to the real world. Military - BMI, Life Insurance - BMI, Sports - BMI, etc...you get the point?

whether that is right or not, ill let you be the judge, as im on my way to Austin.

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
^^ lol...you don' let it go!

Hey BMI is an indicator for almost all things "in shape" according to the real world. Military - BMI, Life Insurance - BMI, Sports - BMI, etc...you get the point?

whether that is right or not, ill let you be the judge, as im on my way to Austin.

LOL, BMI doesn't differentiate between body fat and lean muscle mass.. So that means, according to BMI Schwarzenegger, in his prime 6'2 about 240 pds, was out of shape because it doesn't calculate muscle mass..

The 7 time Mr Olympia according to BMI is out of shape.. :lol

polandprzem
09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
And his cardio was bad.
Once again - muscles [cells] needs more oxygen then fat [cells].

dallaskd
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Episode 2 fight was a fucking joke.

And btw Roy can fight. His cardio is better than most of the guys on the show, despite his size.

desflood
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
I finally saw Ep. 2 tonight. I could easily see how the Brit won the fight. Shivers' entire first round score rested upon a solitary takedown, but McSweeney actually landed most of his strikes. The second round could have been even, but McSweeney pushed forward, was the aggressor. Wes did nothing but try to catch his breath the entire round.

polandprzem
09-25-2009, 01:59 AM
yJT99suKerg

1-gxClaHcF8&feature=related

Soul_Patch
09-25-2009, 08:21 AM
LOL, BMI doesn't differentiate between body fat and lean muscle mass.. So that means, according to BMI Schwarzenegger, in his prime 6'2 about 240 pds, was out of shape because it doesn't calculate muscle mass..

The 7 time Mr Olympia according to BMI is out of shape.. :lol

I agree its pretty useless...but strangely enough, it is what is used to judge for a lot of things.

I was considering joining the ANG in January for a change of pace, and sort of an incintive to get in shape and do something. They wanted me to drop weight to around 185 to 215. I told the recruiter, even when i was in my best shape, playing college baseball, i was 230lb. I dont think i was under 220 since about 9th grade. No way thats going to happen. He said, "sorry :( "

LEONARD
09-25-2009, 08:41 AM
The lowest I've been in 10 yrs is high 190's earlier this year after cutting for a few months. I'm 215-218 now...probably going to push it up to 230 or so this winter, assuming I keep lifting like I have been. Then cut back down in the spring to around 215 again. That's the plan anyway...

I would look like death if I was to be in the normal range according to the BMI charts...

I think the only use for BMI is for somebody that wants to be skinny with little muscle mass...if you pack on any significant muscle at all, you'll be up into the overweight range...

polandprzem
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I was 245 or so in April and i'm almost 6'2"
now i came down to 220 and I think 10 to 15 lbs would be nice till the end of a year but winter is coming and it will be more dificult to do it.

But i need to get rid of some fat. i can't stand my physicque

Blackjack
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I finally saw Ep. 2 tonight. I could easily see how the Brit won the fight. Shivers' entire first round score rested upon a solitary takedown, but McSweeney actually landed most of his strikes. The second round could have been even, but McSweeney pushed forward, was the aggressor. Wes did nothing but try to catch his breath the entire round.

Really?:huh

I just can't see how McSweeney won the first. McSweeney got taken down and every time there was an exchange, if that's what they'd like to call it, Shivers' power was enough to deter him and get the better of him.-- They weren't the most clean of shots, but that's why he was so hesitant to keep coming in despite Shivers being even more gassed than him. --

The second round was more of the same in my eyes, a game of pinball where Shivers would hit the dude, try to catch his breath, and then proceed to do the same for the majority of the round. But then McSweeney started with the leg-kicks and the sub attempt to finish, that won him the round.

I get that McSweeney was 'technically' the one pushing the fight and moving forward -- I hope I never have to cite this fight as an example of someone pushing the fight.. what an abortion -- but all the effective strikes and damage were absorbed by McSweeney. Shivers apparently got docked points for being gassed and looking like anything but a well-conditioned athlete.

Poor judging or not, it was a pretty pathetic display for TUF standards and I definitely expected more from McSweeney.

LEONARD
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
McSweeney is a punk...
http://www.spike.com/blog/war-of-words/87193

I'm pullin' for titties...hope he does well after the BS he's taken...

dbreiden83080
09-25-2009, 01:30 PM
McSweeney is a punk...

For someone who looked like total ass in his fight, gassed out and was handed a close decision, Mcsweeney sure has a big mouth. He's a heavyweight, from what i saw, he'd get bitch slapped by almost every contender at Light Heavyweight

What a clown..

dbreiden83080
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
BTW it never ceases to amaze me how the Brits talk. I can't understand a word they say, it's like they speak fuckin chinese..

LEONARD
09-25-2009, 01:59 PM
For someone who looked like total ass in his fight, gassed out and was handed a close decision, Mcsweeney sure has a big mouth.

Exactly what I was thinking...

polandprzem
09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
BTW it never ceases to amaze me how the Brits talk. I can't understand a word they say, it's like they speak fuckin chinese..

:lol

760Spursfan
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Poor judging or not, it was a pretty pathetic display for TUF standards and I definitely expected more from McSweeney.

Agreed, this is probably the worst TUF fight I've seen.

Blackjack
09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
McSweeney is a punk...

For someone who looked like total ass in his fight, gassed out and was handed a close decision, Mcsweeney sure has a big mouth. He's a heavyweight, from what i saw, he'd get bitch slapped by almost every contender at Light Heavyweight

What a clown..

I'm unable to view the video but judging by the comments and the tease that had him talking mess to 'Page in defense of Rashad for next week's episode, this dude needs to check himself.

I had the same reaction dbreiden had after viewing his antics in light of such a piss-poor first outing.

I'm hoping to see him Bisping'd.:hat

Stringer_Bell
09-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Yes, because it's totally kosher to talk trash about one group of people at the expensive of another group :lmao

I'm all for fighters sticking up for the rights of little defenseless birds, but shit, man, no need to start nuthin' with a dude that doesn't look like he'll make it through the first round. I didn't think McSweeney was pulling shit until he was like "oh, I'll knock you out" when it's been proven the only thing he does is gas out. POOR FORM!