PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Stats past 10 years. off/deff

draft87
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
kinda spur of the moment i decided to see if there was a pattern to success with our offensive productivity. we've always been top 3 in the league defensively, and although there was talk about us being weak on defense this year, we still finished 2nd!

so i made a spreadsheet that shows
the year, points per game, league average, spurs rank
oppenents points per game, league average(same), spurs rank
then i checked out the western and eastern conference champions and how they ranked both offensive and defensively.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rWwv0DzZ2HXclcZuZ_KQ_9Q&single=true&gid=0&output=html

i DID NOT do the point differential, i figured that would be obvious. plus, i'm already sweating so i'm taking a break and watching the world champions 2003 dvd. just kidding,
i'm hoping this can start a discussion of realistic opinions on what we can do to get back to 'contender' status. i guess i'm saying "i put some effort in to this, please do the same" no more "hedo sux" "pietrus is a monkey" "hedo rulz" "trade jacque vaughn for derrick roz" comments, PLEASE.

Russ
06-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Other than 2007, the general offensive trend seems to be downward. Perhaps that is why Pop attempted to sacrifice D for offensive production this year (i.e., the "Bonner experiment").

The Spurs need a player or two with athletic ability who can also score. However, after years of success, the Spurs' FO seems uniquely unable to find such players (and time is running out).

Ghazi
06-02-2009, 01:46 AM
adjust for pace