PDA

View Full Version : The Reason why I love the Spurs/Hate the Pistons

YellowFever
06-02-2009, 01:10 AM
The reason why I love the spurs:

Back in 2001, I think it was.

It was the fourth game of the WCF, I think.

The Lakers took two games in San Antonio and was killing the Spurs by like 35 points on thier way to a sweep.

I was laughing my ass of sitting in front of my TV watching the dejected duncan and saying nasty things about the spurs.

They did one of those "Wired" segments and it showed Popovich surrounded by dejected Spurs players and pop was basically not talking about strategy.

He was stressing something like "we won with class, not we're going to lose with class".

After the game, every Spurs player was congratulating every Lakers player and Pop went overboard to compliment the Lakers in the after game interview.

I could not, in good concious say Phil Jackson would have acted with such class under the same circumstances.

After that, they were always my go to team when the Lakers got eliminated.

The Reason why I hate the Pistons:

Zeke and some teammates walking out of the game before the final buzzer in 1990 (?) ECF in a loss to the Bulls. Did nt so much as acknowledge the Bulls. The Bulls were not my favorite team but good sportsmanship will always win me over.

......And, yes, I came up with this thread thinking of Lebron.

The guy is th best basketball player alive but that was a bone-headed move.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Agreed...and the ESPN ballsucking still continues...they did a piece on all the people who've done it before, saying Lebron isn't the only one. Two wrongs don't make a right, BSPN...Isiah...while a great player...was a complete dick. Good call. Not a current Pistons hater, though..they have some real good guys on that team...I like Hamilton, Prince, Rasheed..so on and so forth.

YellowFever
06-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Agreed...and the ESPN ballsucking still continues...they did a piece on all the people who've done it before, saying Lebron isn't the only one. Two wrongs don't make a right, BSPN...Isiah...while a great player...was a complete dick. Good call. Not a current Pistons hater, though..they have some real good guys on that team...I like Hamilton, Prince, Rasheed..so on and so forth.

Agreed.

I'll always root for the spurs as long as they have Pop and my hatred for the Pistons ended when Laimbeer and Zeke left.

IronMexican
06-02-2009, 01:22 AM
I am pretty sure he expected opposing players to shake his hand after he was doing all those extra curricular activities on the sidelines and etc. up 30.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 01:26 AM
People don't want to give up on LeBron because they've invested all of their hopes (and in some cases their dollars) into him. They want to think this particular instance will prove to be the exception rather than the norm, yet these same people have given him the ego that created the incidents everyone's been discussing.

JamStone
06-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Isiah was horrible for that. That was 100 times worse than what LeBron did though. Isiah led a couple of those Pistons players to walk off the court before the game had ended and while walking past the Chicago Bulls bench, they didn't even make eye contact with the Bulls players, completely ignored them. Was a much more horrible display.

But oh well. People are too sensitive about these things. There was real animosity between teams and among players back then. Players weren't all buddy-buddy, lovey dovey, give me hugs before and after game, let's trade shoes, former AAU teammates back then. There were real hard feelings when you won and lost.

Isiah was a dick, is a dick. So was Michael Jordan. So was Larry Bird. Players were assholes to each other back then much more often than they are now. Now it's peace, love, kumbaya or you get a flagrant shit.

Kobe's a dick too. And, he's walked out without shaking hands after the 2006 Phoenix series. I wonder if you hate him even though he's on your team.

redzero
06-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Oh, I thought you were talking about the Spurs of the Eastern Conference.

YellowFever
06-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Kobe's a dick too. And, he's walked out without shaking hands after the 2006 Phoenix series. I wonder if you hate him even though he's on your team.

Kobe's not my fav player.
Nor do I hate him.
I support him because he is a Laker and they will always be my team.

You seem to misunderstand me.
I don't hate Lebron for walking off without congratulating the Magics. It was a boneheaded move. Thomas and a few others walked out while the game was still going on without acknowledging the Bulls and for that I hated the pistons. You said it yourself that's much worse than what Bron did.