PDA

View Full Version : Insane Trade

draft87
06-02-2009, 03:39 AM
has anyone been messing with espn.com's trade machine?

i tried a bunch of things at the deadline when we were talking about camby and carter. it's pretty fun and informative. makes the whole process make more sense, less frustrating. no more 'if new orleans wants to save money why don't we just send them oberto for chandler?'
you gotta meet the league's cap requirements in addition to the various contract requirements.

anyway, here's a wild fantasy trade.
what's nuts is the impact espn predicts it will have on both teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kny9bc

both deng and ginobili are gambles cause both have been HURT A LOT.
chicago gets a 2 guard that they'll probably need to fill should they not get gordon signed. they get a 'big' in oberto to replace noah. if you consider bowen a 3, then it's deng for bowen. and ginobili for hinrich as combo guards.

but seriously, why not?
what if ginobili's never the same? what if he is but gets hurt AGAIN? what happens in another year when he's a free agent? we get young with hinrich and better defensively. he's athletic, smart, and can shoot 3s. did i mention he can shoot? who was making shots when ginobili was out?

deng-assuming he gets back in shape and is 100% he too is YOUNG.
=atheltic wing who can creat shots and play D. isn't that exactly what we need? his contract is bigger than the trade is valued at, but we really need to drop some $s and build a future. our budgetmindedness has worked but the times are changing, and we should be the team who steps and shows LBJ, wade, bosh, etc that we're willing to spend.

noah- another young athletic player with a high energy factor. did you see him in the celtics series? he was a beast. how much do we know we can count on ian to fill the 5 spot? how many minutes can we play kurt thomas? the bonner experiment doesn't work against a bunch of matchups. this kid has another year on his deal, right? first of all, he's 'cheap' and if it's a bust then we get someone else next year and all we gave up was oberto. can he put up oberto's numbers? yes. will he fit in the system like oberto did? maybe, we'll see, but he will bring a great energy that we don't have on the team let alone the 5 spot.

this would be a big big trade, possibly enough to satisfy the minds of 'major overhaul'
the big 3 would either be the 'new big 3' or just the big 2
but we'd be young, while retaining(or regaining) the defensive identity we've always had.
but look at these lineups

1-parker
2-mason
3-deng
4-duncan
5-noah

2nd unit
1-hill
2-hinrich
3-finley(assuming we get him back)
4-gooden(assuming we get him back)
5-thomas

and when we need to spread the floor we have bonner. or we use his expiring contract as a trade chip. we'll still get to throw ian in the mix, thomas shouldn't be asked to put that many minutes in anyway.
hinrich let's us toughen up in the frontcourt. we're still a little undersized but he can play the minutes that would've been trouble for mason defensively. that'll let hill take more time to develop at the point position.

MaNu4Tres
06-02-2009, 04:09 AM
10 million a year for a back up point guard?

Umm no thank you.

xellos88330
06-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I do not think the chemistry will be there at all with that team.

Rogue
06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
don't see any chance the Bulls would agree to make such a trade suggested by a delusional spur fan, Bruce and Oberto are absolutely bad assets now and Manu's injury also squeezes the value he used to contain.

Despite the reality, this trade would be great if it came true for some reason. Hinrich would get a starting role on the backcourt along with Tony Longoria, and Deng would also be a significant upgrade over Michael Fin that worked as the starting SF of Spurs. Noah's abilities in rebounding and defense would set Duncan free on the offensive to make him more efficient on the other end of the floor, which makes Noah an ideal partener for Duncan.

That might also be a good trade for Bulls as well. Derrick Rose has already grown into the leader of that young team, but his lack of experience often comes to him as a flaw that holds back his team and himself. Now the Bulls just need an experienced maestro on the backcourt that infuses plenty of precious experiences into this young squad. Bruce and Oberto's expiring contracts will gain them more flexibility in salary, making it more possible for them to land a real super star in the summer of 10.

But I don't think the Bulls GM is smart enough to make this deal, at least he won't seek this deal actively. This great deal may come into truth only if the Spurs dial the Bulls, but I don't think the Owner will permit his GM to make this trade which will make him pay millions of dollars as luxury tax, considering the owner of Spurs is a cheapass.

BTW, LMAO at hollinger's prediction. The Spurs would lose 4 wins as a result of this trade... :lmao

stxspurs
06-02-2009, 07:13 AM
^^^^i bet thats her woman friend pleaser^^^^

Texas_Ranger
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj352/TEXAS_RANGER_2009/mem.jpg

Dex
06-02-2009, 09:56 AM

:lmao 1-81.

I know the Grizzlies are dumb, but I'm not sure if they are that dumb.

5in10
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n855cn

add their first pick to the trade and its something you really have to think about

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
1-81.

Makes you wonder who the 1 would be.

Strike
06-02-2009, 12:41 PM

add their first pick to the trade and its something you really have to think about

Hmmm, no fucking way.

ducks
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Makes you wonder who the 1 would be.

dallas

manufan10
06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
lol manu hurt all the time when he missed half of 08-09 season and was hurt in the lakers series in 2008 playoffs..in that case robinson was hurt all the time since he missed almost all of the 96-97 season...so was sean..he missed most of the 97-98, along with most of the 99-00 season. I am so sick of people saying he is "always injured" when he's basically only missed half a season.

+1

ajh18
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
LOL Manu hurt all the time when he missed half of 08-09 season and was hurt in the Lakers series in 2008 Playoffs..in that case Robinson was hurt all the time since he missed almost all of the 96-97 season...so was Sean..he missed most of the 97-98, along with most of the 99-00 season. I am so sick of people saying he is "always injured" when he's basically only missed half a season.

First of all, I am NOT someone who would classify Manu as someone who is "hurt all the time." I think he's just had a couple unlucky seasons. That said, your point is only really applicable to Sean.

During his 12 year career, Sean had 4 seasons where he missed significant amounts of time. Just based on a quick look, Elliott played in around 78% of the regular season games he could have played in during his career.

Robinson, on the other hand, played in something like 88.5% of the regular season games he could have played in during his career. As of now, Manu has played in just over 82% of the games he could have played in. This ignores the playoffs, because I didn't want to take long to look into it. Point is, your point about being Robinson's injuries making him "injured all the time" just doesn't hold water when compared to Manu at this point in his career.

Frankly, I think Manu's percentage will go up after he has a couple healthy seasons, which I think he will.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 10:18 PM

nope...don't have to think about anything.

SouthTexasRancher
06-02-2009, 11:10 PM

Send this to Pop, RC & Holt and tell 'em to git'er done!

Sense
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
has anyone been messing with espn.com's trade machine?

and I stopped reading after that....

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen that sentence.... and how many times alot of people don't care what ridiculous trades you can create...

draft87
06-03-2009, 01:21 AM
and I stopped reading after that....

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen that sentence.... and how many times alot of people don't care what ridiculous trades you can create...

yes, apparently you did not read, not even the title. it says, "Insane Trade"
i can't believe i'm wasting time writing about non-basketball but yr attitude strikes me as very 'un-spurslike'
mr high and mighty(or should i say, silly and reckless)
if you don't like fantasy, then don't read past the title, but if you skip the title and then get pissed off, well i guess you got what you deserved.
dude, this is a fan forum. leave yr ego at the log in page.

and by the way, you should have read, cause i addressed how 1) i used it to follow the trade talk at the deadline
2) 'mess around' means i'm trying to figure out the BYC and poison pill clauses. i was pointing out the weird logic in the win/loss impact predictions. take it easy before you start telling my mother i'm a thug
3) and to justify having people read the trade, i gave a 'rationalization' from both teams' points of view. -how it helps the spurs and how we might run it by the bulls. has anyone who said 'trade our expiring contracts for half the grizzlies roster' actually tried to qualify it?

i just started reading/posting and i prematurely put this in the normal room instead of checking out the Think Box. SORRY.
just don't get mad when you walk into outback steakhouse and you can't order shrimp scampi.

angelbelow
06-03-2009, 02:17 AM

bullshit, only a 10 game increase in wins? clearly espn still hates us.

timtonymanu
06-03-2009, 03:34 AM

lol a whole Grizzlies starting lineup traded for Bowen, Oberto, Thomas, and Ian. That'd be more lopsided than the Gasol trade.