06-02-2009, 04:20 AM
http://kosarka.hr/Media1/ante%20tomic255.jpg
Height: 7' 2"
Weight: 220 lbs
Birthday: 02/17/1987
Current team: KK Zagreb

NBA rights hold by Utah.

-----------------------------

If you like Pau Gasol then you would fall in love with ANTE TOMIC quickly. This man made a lot of progress in the last season. He is fast and with lots of skills. His frame is still a little on the light side, but damn he can play.

urunobili
06-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Damn he's tall...

sendman
07-05-2009, 12:12 PM
This dude will go places. Right now he rocks with his national team at Mediterranean games in Italy.

Get him cheap!

Taking it to the Hole
07-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Dude is a twig. He needs to put some weight on before he can be effective in the NBA. What good is height, if someone bullies you in the post?:nope

sendman
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
He is wiry and doesnt back down easy. You can bulk up with hard work, but you can't teach talent or hight.

sendman
08-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Not an NBA player. Very soft, poor rebounder, poor shooter, cant defend anyone, no real post moves. Gets pushed around by backcourt players. Years away from being a solid player, but many think he will never develop because he is older than most project centers and has not improved over the last 2 seasons.
Did you actually see him play? I watched him more then a few times and your take on him is completely wrong. Let me ask you this, who was last seasons MVP of NLB League (one of the strongest leagues in Europe)?

And one more thing about him not developing...STATS (they don't lie):
http://www.adriaticbasket.com/player.php?id=575

So put a cork in it.

mountainballer
08-18-2009, 07:51 AM
This dude will go places. Right now he rocks with his national team at Mediterranean games in Italy.

Get him cheap!

who say he's on the market?
who says he would be cheap, why would the Jazz sell his rights cheap?
why would the Jazz trade with the Spurs at all?
why would the Jazz want to get rid of a nice center prospect, when their two starting big man might be gone 2011?

lefty
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Atomic !!!!!!!!

rascal
11-30-2009, 12:36 PM
A perfect fit for Utah he is white. Don't expect them to get rid of him.

angelbelow
12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Utah is probably high on him... dont see why they would give him up.

mogrovejo
12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Someone get this kid some steroids.

sendman
03-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Bump!

Just to remind you all so called experts.
Year ago his price was low.
Now....forget about it.

mogrovejo
04-01-2010, 05:58 AM
He needs to put some weight on his body. He reminds me of the current Gasol but he has nothing to do with pre-NBA Gasol (who was more of a SF/face-up 4). Adding weight to 7fters is always tricky so he must be careful but if manages to do it without losing much quickness and mobility the sky is the limit.

mountainballer
04-01-2010, 06:58 AM
jesus, looks as if this is going KBP soon.
Tomic played 3 or 4 good games lately. so what. he still is the worst rebounding 7'2'' player on the planet.
and he is still more of a Primoz Brezec than Pau Gasol.

mogrovejo
04-01-2010, 07:57 AM
jesus, looks as if this is going KBP soon.
Tomic played 3 or 4 good games lately. so what. he still is the worst rebounding 7'2'' player on the planet.

3, 4 games? 3 or 4? Why do you think Messina paid a fortune for him? And "good games"? He's been spectacular, not good. And while he isn't a good rebounder he's better than Bargnani, Hibbert, Rasheed and plenty of NBA bigs.

Productivity is not that important anyway. Tomic has terrific assets: length + excellent footwork + great hands + nimble feet + excellent screen setter + terrific pick'n'roll player + lots of advanced moves (his Sikma pivot is the best I've seen in a young players in years) + very fast changing ends + fluid + high-level court-vision/decision making. Just a great combination of fundamentals + talent + size + decent athleticism. The only thing he has in common with Brezec is the size. As I've said in another thread, right now he's more Fucka than Gasol, but with some more experience and plenty more weight he's automatically a NBA player.

mountainballer
04-01-2010, 08:30 AM
wow, you just described Tim with the mobility of Dirk.
sorry if I call "good" what you call "spectacular".
obviously I'm not aware of the proper use of superlatives.
however. if you guys think Tomic one step from becoming a star in the NBA, fine. so be it.

sendman
04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
however. if you guys think Tomic one step from becoming a star in the NBA, fine. so be it.
You are just a jelous little prick that hates everything south of Austria.
I bet you haven't even seen this guy play.
Dude, there is more to the basketball then long shorts, shiny shoes and tatooes all over the body.

So better stick with skiing, sport that you know...oh, wait!:lmao:lmao:lmao

mountainballer
04-02-2010, 06:46 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
you think it's the right time to once more pull out the nationalismus bomb.
congratulations.
you just qualified as a representative of the dinosaur political attitude that for sure helped your country and your neighbours a lot in the last decades.
you really think I wanna jump into that cesspool to join you?
I prefer the (luckily numerous) great people from your country, who left that kind of thinking behind them (many of them living in Vienna as you might know, making our city an even greater place.)
and yes, this goes also to the Serbian, Slovenian, Bosnian, Macedonian etc. people. and I do hope and pray that the kind of people, who believe they need to declare a war because someone doesn't want to join them in praising a player from their country, will never again become the majority. (not in Croatia as well as in Austria)

and btw. Tomic is a good and very talented player, (like many other players from Croatia), who IMO still has a lot of weak points and still has a long way to go, before he will become a force in the NBA. what's the problem? some think he is good enough, some don't. some will be right some won't. I was sometimes wrong in the past, sometimes right. who cares.

Mel_13
04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
He is playing to rave reviews in Europe.

He is Jazz NBA property, and he's being compared to Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol.

But if you think Ante Tomic can fill in for Mehmet Okur should the Jazz's starting center miss the start of next season, think again.

Earlier this year, Tomic — a second-round Jazz draft choice in 2008, No. 44 overall — signed a 3 1/2-year contract with Real Madrid of the Spanish ACB League.

According to multiple NBA sources, the deal does not include an NBA buyout clause prior to the 2010-11 NBA season — meaning the earliest Tomic can get out of the contract and join the Jazz would be in the summer of 2011, if both sides were so inclined.

So so much for the notion of Tomic stepping in for Okur, who on Tuesday underwent surgery to repair the Achilles tendon he ruptured in last Saturday's Game 1 of Utah's first-round NBA playoff series with Denver.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700027149/Utah-Jazz-draftee-Ante-Tomic-making-name-for-himself-overseas.html

mogrovejo
04-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Oh please, we're evaluating a prospect, people use . Plus, I'm talking about his assets. Tomic is a player with very high positives but some really low negatives that he obviously needs to work on. But where he's good, he's good. As I've said, he's a bit like Fucka.

Plus, worry about making arguments about the player. If you don't agree with the skill-set I describe, just explain why not.

Brezec? You either don't know Tomic or you don't know Brezec.

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
if jizz are high on him, where does that leave fazenko?

mountainballer
04-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Oh please, we're evaluating a prospect, people use . Plus, I'm talking about his assets. Tomic is a player with very high positives but some really low negatives that he obviously needs to work on. But where he's good, he's good. As I've said, he's a bit like Fucka.

Plus, worry about making arguments about the player. If you don't agree with the skill-set I describe, just explain why not.

Brezec? You either don't know Tomic or you don't know Brezec.

oh well. you need to bring this one up once more.
what if you read more careful before as so often try to discredit the contributions of posters who don't agree 100% on what you state.
that's what I wrote:

he still is the worst rebounding 7'2'' player on the planet.

what do you think this could imply??
I named the worst rebounding 7'2'' player that came to my mind. (and in my limited knowledge this is Brezec).
Oh, I would have needed to say:"in this regard he is more like.." or something like that. blame it to my far from perfect English.
however.
what if you bring your obviously great knowledge and understanding of basketball into discussions without this annoying faultfinder and told you so attitude and try to respect other positions.
if you would have read my posts in this thread, you would see that I'm not that far from your position, but try to keep things in perspective about a (you used the word) prospect.

again: Tomic does have a lot of talent. and he still struggles badly and almost totally disappears in every other game. mostly when confronted with a stronger player, even if this player is significantly smaller. then he delivers those 2 points or less performances.
that's why I think he is still far from a legit NBA player.

mogrovejo
04-29-2010, 05:23 AM
oh well. you need to bring this one up once more.
what if you read more careful before as so often try to discredit the contributions of posters who don't agree 100% on what you state.
that's what I wrote:

what do you think this could imply??
I named the worst rebounding 7'2'' player that came to my mind. (and in my limited knowledge this is Brezec).
Oh, I would have needed to say:"in this regard he is more like.." or something like that. blame it to my far from perfect English.
however.
what if you bring your obviously great knowledge and understanding of basketball into discussions without this annoying faultfinder and told you so attitude and try to respect other positions.
if you would have read my posts in this thread, you would see that I'm not that far from your position, but try to keep things in perspective about a (you used the word) prospect.

again: Tomic does have a lot of talent. and he still struggles badly and almost totally disappears in every other game. mostly when confronted with a stronger player, even if this player is significantly smaller. then he delivers those 2 points or less performances.
that's why I think he is still far from a legit NBA player.

Geez, stop being such an emo.

Off the top of my head, Hibbert is 7'2'' and a worse rebounder than Tomic. Tomic is not really that bad of a rebounder. He's comparable to Splitter, for example. That's not a ringing endorsement, but it's not like we have a Bargnani situation in our hands. I think he'll be a better rebounder in the NBA than Hibbert/Brezec. Plus, if he adds some muscle, that will make wonders for him rebounding wise. Using Brezec (a player so flawed) as a comparison just because of the reboundign is lame. Even in his best days, Brezec couldn't do much on a court except hitting the jump-shot. Tomic is a better player now than Brezec ever was.

Plus, even though Tomic still lacks the technique and strength to gain deep position on every player, I don't think he's soft at all. He needs to learn some moves, how to position his foot between the opponents leg to not be pushed around and he needs to add some muscle, but Messina will take care of that. Richard Hendrix is the prototypical strong and physical big (even if undersized), at least in Europe, and Tomic dropped 12/5 on him last weekend.

Young player, still adapting to a new, tough league, playing for a quality team that often has favourable matchups to explore... - right now it's more important what he shows than his ability to produce consistently.

mountainballer
04-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Geez, stop being such an emo.

ok.
you stop being such a nit picking smart ass?
then we could go on and forget this pathetic thread about a player, who is as close to being a realistic trade target as a come back of the Admiral.