PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3 Trailer

NameDropper
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Not sure if it has already been posted or not.

VXJEDUainX4

I'm looking forward to it.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
So am I! There were actually squeals of delight (mostly from me) when we saw this during the Up screening.

Blake
06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
there can't be any way it will be as good as #2....

of course, I said that the first time...

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
You liked the second one?

Blake
06-02-2009, 09:20 AM
You liked the second one?

uh.....you didnt?

I thought it just as good if not better than the first.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:22 AM
No. The cowGIRL was terribly annoying.

And besides, nobody could outdo Sid as a villain.

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I haven't seen TS2. But Kung Fu Panda 2 comes out June 2011. :D

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I haven't seen TS2. But Kung Fu Panda 2 comes out June 2011. :D

Don't worry. You're not missin much, despite what Blake might argue. And one was to wonder what kinda credibility a Tortilla Tech grad actually HOLDS anyways.

VERY excited about KFP2. Hadn't heard about that yet.

SpursStalker
06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Slinkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dogggggggggggggggggg

stretch
06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I thought they were both really good. But yeah, Sid was a great "villain" in the first. Although I prefer the 1st, I can see how people would like the second just as good. The 2nd had more comic elements to it.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I thought they were both really good. But yeah, Sid was a great "villain" in the first. Although I prefer the 1st, I can see how people would like the second just as good. The 2nd had more comic elements to it.

Well, admittedly, I haven't seen the 2nd one in a HELLUVA long time. I suppose I could it another shot. I'd just hate to give Blake the satisfaction.

Blake
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Don't worry. You're not missin much, despite what Blake might argue. And one was to wonder what kinda credibility a Tortilla Tech grad actually HOLDS anyways.

VERY excited about KFP2. Hadn't heard about that yet.

rottentomatoes counted up all the movie critics scores and ranked TS2 as the best Pixar flick.

It's really no wonder that an Aggie doesn't know how to use google.

Richard Cranium
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
This should be good.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:41 AM
m_43XucTd3o

"You mean that happy child?"

Fucking hilarious.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:42 AM
rottentomatoes counted up all the movie critics scores and ranked TS2 as the best Pixar flick.

It's really no wonder that an Aggie doesn't know how to use google.

Seriously? How OLD is this ranking? So it's ranked ahead of Wall-E, too?

Blake
06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Well, admittedly, I haven't seen the 2nd one in a HELLUVA long time. I suppose I could it another shot. I'd just hate to give Blake the satisfaction.

1. Toy Story 2
Considering how successful the first installment was -- not to mention Disney's original plan to make the sequel a direct-to-video affair -- not many people would have been surprised if Toy Story 2 had fallen flat when it landed in theaters in 1999. But with Tom Hanks back as Woody, Tim Allen back as Buzz, and an adventure that took Andy's toys on an adventure every bit as exciting as their first, the second Story proved that some movie characters really do have more than one story worth telling -- and that even when it came to movies with numbers after the title, Pixar meant business. Speaking of business, Toy Story 2's was extraordinarily healthy, to the tune of a $485 million worldwide gross -- and the public's obvious enthusiasm for the movie was backed up by the critics, who duplicated the original's 100 percent Tomatometer on the strength of reviews like the one from Jay Carr of the Boston Globe, who wrote that it was "everything you could want in a sequel," or Jeff Millar of the Houston Chronicle, who observed, "the Pixar people just get better and better."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/up/news/1823197/2/total_recall_pixars_winning_streak

it must really suck for me to be right so often and you not. :lol

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I saw WALL-E for the first time the other night and it was ok. I'm biased and was pissed that KF Panda lost to this movie (Oscar). :lol

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Jesus. I just "googled" (surprise!) the RottenTomatoes reviews, and godDAYUM! They LOVED it. Wow.

Blake
06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Seriously? How OLD is this ranking? So it's ranked ahead of Wall-E, too?

We rank the animation studio's films by Tomatometer.
by Jeff Giles | May 28, 2009

As good as Wall E was, I thought it dragged in places and it was a bit over hyped.

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
it must really suck for me to be right so often and you not. :lol

It does tend to get a tad bothersome. :depressed

stretch
06-02-2009, 09:54 AM
It does tend to get a tad bothersome. :depressed

why do you let a chode like blake talk to you like that?

stretch
06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
As good as Wall E was, I thought it dragged in places and it was a bit over hyped.

I agree on the dragging part. But it was still very good. One of my favorites.

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree on the dragging part. But it was still very good. One of my favorites.

It wasn't as good as Kung Fun Panda. :rolleyes

Blake
06-02-2009, 10:08 AM
why do you let a chode like blake talk to you like that?

:lol

fpoonsie's cool......even if he is an aggie that has to endure year after year of watching his team get it's ass kicked.

lol tt 39 ut 33

desflood
06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
No. The cowGIRL was terribly annoying.

And besides, nobody could outdo Sid as a villain.
I'll back you up here. I didn't enjoy TS2 nearly as much as the first.

Blake
06-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Wall E was smarter and the animation was as incredible as ever...

but Kung Fu Panda was more fun to watch, IMO.

Blake
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I'll back you up here. I didn't enjoy TS2 nearly as much as the first.

I agree too that the cowgirl was annoying and I thought woody needed to slap her, but everything else was genius, from Woody's background, to Stinky Pete, to the toy store with all the barbies.....

Spurminator
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Toy Story 2 was fantastic. I think that's when Pixar really started to nail the combination of comedy and gut-wrenching sadness. The flashback scene where Jessie recollects the little girl who used to play with her but grew out of her is still one of the best scenes they've put to film. Joan Cusack's annoying voice notwithstanding.

JudynTX
06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Wall E was smarter and the animation was as incredible as ever...

but Kung Fu Panda was more fun to watch, IMO.

I just hope they don't ruin KFP3.

stretch
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
It was better than Kung Fu Panda. :downspin:

stretch
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
:lol

fpoonsie's cool......even if he is an aggie that has to endure year after year of watching his team get it's ass kicked.

lol tt 39 ut 33

lol a&m

LMAO tech

lol UT = 4

lol a&m = 1

LOL tt = ZERO

LOL LOL LOL tech

leemajors
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM

:vomit:

Blake
06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
lol a&m

LMAO tech

lol UT = 4

lol a&m = 1

LOL tt = ZERO

LOL LOL LOL tech

lol 39-33

lol crabtree game winning catch

lol blake gideon drops game winning INT

lol stretch

stretch
06-02-2009, 11:15 AM
lol 39-33

lol crabtree game winning catch

lol blake gideon drops game winning INT

lol stretch

lol 39-33 = greatest moment in tech history

lol UT beating tech = just another victory as usual. like beating Rice.

Blake
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
lol 39-33 = greatest moment in tech history

lol true

lol UT beating tech = just another victory as usual. like beating Rice.

lol false, Rice is never in the top ten and the Tech game in Austin will be sold out and the fans will be nuts.

lol bitter

lol stretch

Blake
06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I wonder if Toy Story can be considered the greatest animated Disney flick....

better than Snow White or Lion King?

stretch
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
lol false, Rice is never in the top ten and the Tech game in Austin will be sold out and the fans will be nuts.

lol bitter

lol stretch

lol 4 > 0

lol bitter

lol blake

stretch
06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I wonder if Toy Story can be considered the greatest animated Disney flick....

better than Snow White or Lion King?

its quite good. 101 dalmations (the original) is one of my favorites too.

CubanMustGo
06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Only 11 years after the last one ... who does Pixar think they are, George Lucas? No, can't be, they can write dialogue.

I'm looking forward to TS3, another animated franchise that needs a sequel is The Incredibles.

leemajors
06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
i was surprised there was no mention of ts1 and ts2 being re-released in 3d in the teaser. oct 2009 and feb 2010 for each respectively.

Blake
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
lol 4 > 0

lol bitter

lol blake

lol one loss to Tech = no title shot

lol bitter

lol stretch

Blake
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
its quite good. 101 dalmations (the original) is one of my favorites too.

the animation on 101 dalmations was incredible, and still looks outstanding today.

I think the best animation of all is Sleeping Beauty. The story line was short, lame and predictable, but the movement and lines were flawless.

stretch
06-02-2009, 03:40 PM
lol one loss to Tech = no title shot

lol bitter

lol stretch

lol greatest win in tech history = even less title shot

lol bitter

lol blake

Blake
06-02-2009, 03:54 PM
lol greatest win in tech history = even less title shot

lol wrong

lol 50 point loss to ou = no title shot

PM5K
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
It would have been funnier if right after Woody says "I saw that", Buzz quickly claps his hands twice and the sign lights up as he runs off towards Woody.

Rice
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
It is about time. :tu

stretch
06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
lol wrong

lol 50 point loss to ou = no title shot

lol tech losing to choke-la-homa

EricB
06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
2010?!?!?

SOB.

I thought this might've been like a Christmas opening.

Bogus :td

ploto
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Loved Toy Story 2- better than 1.

CharlieMac
06-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Only one year from now! The boy will be one and a half when this comes out. He IS going to love it. Not an option.

Udokafan05
06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Only 11 years after the last one ... who does Pixar think they are, George Lucas? No, can't be, they can write dialogue.

I'm looking forward to TS3, another animated franchise that needs a sequel is The Incredibles.

Monsters Inc. needs a sequel more than anything, since it goes down as the best Pixar movie ever.

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Toy Story 3 Preview
Story details, plus footage screens in London.
by Chris Tilly, IGN UK
UK, September 10, 2009 - A packed cinema in London's Leicester Square was the venue for a world exclusive sneak peak at Toy Story 3 this morning.

John Lasseter was on hand to provide story details and descriptions of the action in question, which included an extended clip from the movie and a brand new trailer.

The clip was a dramatic one, taking place just three days before Andy leaves home for college. While packing, he re-opens his toy box and decides to take Woody with him, placing the rest in storage.

However, Andy becomes side-tracked before he can take the toys up to the attic, and before you can say "To infinity and beyond!", his mother has taken them out with the trash

Cue a Woody rescue, although as ever, all does not go quite according to plan. He calls upon the family's loyal hound Buster, though these days he's too old and fat to help out. He then heads out of the window and down the drain-pipe, but before he can his friends out of the bag, the trash man has picked them up and driven away.

This signalled the end of the clip, although the brand new trailer that followed suggests that the film will revolve around the toy's efforts to reunite. Highlights included the gang barely making it out alive when they are thrown at the mercy of a group of pre-schoolers, and the reset button being pressed on Buzz Lightyear's back, causing him to return to life, only this time speaking in Spanish.

Lasseter also revealed that Barbie's Ken will be appearing in the film, voiced by none-other-than Michael Keaton. He then showed what looked like a DVD extra - a 1960s documentary in which a camp Ken introduces himself, shows us round his house, and becomes annoyed at the realisation that he is a girl's doll.

Another new character unvelied was a cute little hedgehog called Mr. Prickle-Pants. Lasseter explained that Prickle - who is voiced by Timothy Dalton - behaves like a posh English thespian, and has one particuarly good scene with Woody.

All-in-all it was hilarious stuff that retains the charms of the originals, and looks to be a worthy addition to the Toy Story cannon.

The audience was also treated to the first five minutes of Toy Story 2 in 3D, which looked incredibly impressive. Buzz's efforts to defeat Zurg's minions and steal his power supply really popped out of the screen, so much so that you would have thought the film had been designed in 3D rather than transferred.

We were also treated to a new teaser, in which Buzz and Woody play around with a pair of 3D glasses, before Rex arrives on the scene, trapped in his 2D body. It ended with a couple of clever sight-gags that perfectly whet the appetite for the Toy Story onslaught that is set to hit screens over the next 12 months.

manufan10
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm super stoked for this movie. :D

Fpoonsie
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Sheer awesomeness.

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
since they are going to have ken i wonder i they are going to acknowledge he's not packing up front

Kriz-Maxima
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
This awesome, I love the Toy Stories movies. I plan on taking my cousins to see the first two when they hit theater and they better love it...or else.

da_suns_fan
09-10-2009, 03:22 PM
How old are some of you people?

Dreamworks animated never even comes close to the quality of Pixar.

Kung Fu Panda was no exception. It was okay. I have no desire to ever see it again. If Toy Story 2 was on right now, I would so watch while laughing the whole time.

balli
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I know you like panda bears and all, but that's ridiculous. Kung Fu Panda was at best a mediocre movie. And entirely saturated with formula. I agree, it was worth a watch, but it's just garbage next to every Pixar film ever made*.

*Cars withstanding

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I know you like panda bears and all, but that's ridiculous. Kung Fu Panda was at best a mediocre movie. And entirely saturated with formula. I agree, it was worth a watch, but it's just garbage next to every Pixar film ever made*.

*Cars withstanding

Thank you or that segway

Cars 2 Goes Global
Sequel has globe-trotting plot with a secret agent twist.
by Chris Tilly, IGN UK
UK, September 10, 2009 - While in town to announce a Winnie the Pooh movie and present brand new scenes from Toy Story 3, John Lasseter also spilled the beans about the forthcoming Cars sequel, Cars 2.

According to the Disney/Pixar maestro, he became inspired while travelling around Europe and wondering what would happen to his characters if they were placed on foreign soil.

The result is a story in which Lightning McQueen competes in the global 'Race of Champions', involving Formula 1, rally and sports car races in five glamorous locations - Japan, Germany, Italy, France and finally England

However, along the way, McQueen's intellectually challenged buddy Mater unwittingly saves the life of Fenn McMissile, a sleek sports car who also happens to be a secret agent.

His efforts cause Fenn - and the villainous agents he is doing battle with - to think Mater is a spy, and so the racing comedy also has an action-adventure twist.

Lasseter then presented some beautiful concept art, and hinted that much of the comedy will revolve around Mater being an ignorant American abroad.

Cars 2 is set to hit screens in summer of 2011.

balli
09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Thank you or that segway
After the trifecta of Ratatouille, WALL-E and Up, it makes me want to vomit that they'd go back to dumbass Cars. Anything but that.

sonic21
11-27-2009, 08:26 AM
v_FfHA5whXc

leemajors
11-27-2009, 09:09 AM

:sleep

MB20
11-27-2009, 09:20 AM
My son is a fan of TS, and he prefers TS2 over the first one. He is 6 years old.
I´ve watched this movie with him 20+ times...:lol

makedamnsure
11-30-2009, 01:59 AM
We went and saw these in 3D and I still love the first one better. maybe it's because I remember the magic of getting it on VHS and watching it over and over and over.

I can't wait till the third movie! I'll be there at midnight if possible.

Bukefal
11-30-2009, 05:10 AM
TS 1 was nice, but I never like sequels of movies. They should just stick it to the first and move on. I think its a mistake, made with many movies.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2010, 03:16 AM
trailer #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58TSVCib1A

Fpoonsie
02-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Hoe...lee...shit.

Is it wrong to get an erection while watching the preview for an animated kids movie?

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9388/lotsoup.jpg

yay easter egg from 1 year ago

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
sons seein it tonight

Jacob1983
06-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Isn't the plot of the 3rd one somewhat similar to the plot of The Brave Little Toaster?
Would it be worth it to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D?

TIMMYD!
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
After 115 reviews it still has 100% fresh reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

Mister Sinister
06-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Saw it last night at midnight. Literally, from what I could see around me, by the end, there was not a dry eye in the house, myself absolutely included. I don't think a Disney movie has hit me this hard since the Queen Mother of all Tearjerkers that was Toy Story 2's "When Somebody Loved Me."

Fpoonsie
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Saw it last night at midnight. Literally, from what I could see around me, by the end, there was not a dry eye in the house, myself absolutely included. I don't think a Disney movie has hit me this hard since the Queen Mother of all Tearjerkers that was Toy Story 2's "When Somebody Loved Me."

Really? I mean, that was tough to watch, but Up! was PAINFUL throughout as far as misty-eyed moments. His wife, the book, the grape soda pin...uuuugh.

And all-time, gotta give Lion King "props" (i suppose) for most heartwrenching scene.

Sisk
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
With 125 reviews in, Toy Story 3 is at 100% on rotten tomatoes

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_3/

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Really? I mean, that was tough to watch, but Up! was PAINFUL throughout as far as misty-eyed moments. His wife, the book, the grape soda pin...uuuugh.

And all-time, gotta give Lion King "props" (i suppose) for most heartwrenching scene.

Up fucks up your tearducts. I was straight up bawlin for up but just got misty eyed for toy story 3. I kinda wish they had a better montage for Andy growing up though.

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
With 125 reviews in, Toy Story 3 is at 100% on rotten tomatoes

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_3/

surprise surprise, combo broken by that fuckstick armond white

Cane
06-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Loved the first one, didn't like the second one, and loved the third one the most.

Also seemed like the biggest buzzkill of 'em all due to the heavy circle of life theme but thats what life is, isn't it? ;)

Saw it in 3D, definitely nothing special compared to Avatar's use of the technology but still had impressive visuals. I say pass on the goggle experience though; kind of seemed like an afterthought. It did make the animated short in the beginning cooler though, those imaginative bastards.

Seems like the last one of the franchise although you never know what will happen with Disney and when they want to make a quick zillion bucks.

Can't believe Pixar's success - they're a damn golden goose.

DPG21920
06-18-2010, 06:59 PM
So don't see it in 3d?

Cane
06-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Imo the 3D wasn't worth it but I didn't watch in on the IMAX.

BruceBowenFan
06-18-2010, 10:35 PM
toy story 3 was the shit, the ending hit me pretty good.

Roddy Beaubois
06-19-2010, 02:56 AM
bad ass movie

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
love they used the TRex roar from jurrassic park for Rex in the beginning

fraga
06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Way better than I thought it was gonna be...be prepared to see some very disturbing characters though...a couple of times I was like...WTF...that's just creapy...

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Way better than I thought it was gonna be...be prepared to see some very disturbing characters though...a couple of times I was like...WTF...that's just creapy...

that fucking clown and that baby, Also i freaked the fuck out when the monkey pulled an exorcist

da_suns_fan
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I thought the second was far superior to both this one and the original.

Most of the third felt as though "Ive already seen this before". Woody has to escape and escape and escape etc.

The angry bear was same character as "Stinky Pete" from the second only I thought Kelsey Grammar's character was better (my fav was when he saw his character act like a moron in the old black and white tv show).

Likewise it was clever how in the second film they re-introduced the "Im a real space ranger" Buzz in the toy store and this time the old Buzz had to deal with new Buzz's delusion. This time they just hit the old Buzz's reset button and makes Buzz forget hes a toy. Meh.

And the best part of the second film was when Woody rides Bullseye after the luggage cart a la the old wild west films. Classic!! I didnt see any "Woody saves the day" moment in this one except the opening scene in which we see it unfold through Andy's imagination.

I'd say the best parts of the third film was the last fifteen minutes. Best moment was when the little girl tried to grab Woody from Andy and he pulled back. That was pretty funny.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars where the second was 5 (and the best pixar film ever made).

ploto
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I thought the second was far superior to both this one and the original.

I pretty much agree. I liked it but not nearly as much as Toy Story 2. I also thought the Imax 3D was much better in the recent Shrek movie.

I thought the cartoon was better than the movie.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I was disappointed. Its not that it was a bad movie, I think I just had the bar far too high and it was just okay. As was said above, I think the theme was done one too many times and I just didn't enjoy it that much this time around. Some of the characters were pretty great and there was some good stuff but overall not good enough for me to consider it great.

I really need to stop going to watch movies in 3D. Its the biggest waste of money and the cheesiest gimmick and each time I go see it I'm expecting something cool and its just completely worthless, IMO. I don't know if the 3D fad will continue for much longer but I doubt I'll ever see another movie in 3d.

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say I was disappointed. While I like 1 and 2 better, I thought this one was pretty damn solid throughout... The only exception being that I felt they went to the "Toys in imminent peril only to be rescued at the last possible moment" well one too many times. I thought the climax (spoiler: the entire junk yard scene) could have been completely removed from the movie and it would actually be an improvement.

But they absolutely nailed the emotional bittersweetness of starting the new chapter of your life that begins with leaving home to go to college. The toys were hilarious as always, especially Ken. The 3D was unnecessary... it didn't really add to the experience (though I didn't feel it detracted either).

By Pixar standards, it probably goes somewhere in the middle of their movies if you're going to rank them, but that's a high standard and it's still the best movie I've seen this year.

CubanMustGo
06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
We enjoyed it very much .. seeing it in IMAX 3D probably helped.

Skywalker
06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I didn't see any "Woody saves the day" moment in this one except the opening scene in which we see it unfold through Andy's imagination.

Sir, the whole movie was about Woody saving the day.

I have not seen part 2. I chose to see this one on Saturday, and I do not like to waste money on gimmicks such as Imax or 3D. A movie will stand or fall on its own merits. I was not only NOT disappointed, I feel this movie speaks to a much larger LIFE message for all of us, if watched from the correct point of view.

Awesome film.

redzero
06-28-2010, 04:25 PM
It was awesome, like every other Pixar movie.

Fabbs
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Very good. Should have ended when Andy waved goodbye to the girl as the soft song played. A good tearjerker moment and classic ending. Instead they immediately busted into the goofy Randy Nueman song and forced the "happy happy" scenes of the new playschool -as if the touching moment had to go after .005 seconds.

The "happy happy" school scene with Nueman song should have come after the credits imo.

fraga

that fucking clown and that baby, Also i freaked the fuck out when the monkey pulled an exorcist
2nd and 3rd that.
Do not take small offspring is my recommendation.