PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: LeBron Has Benign Growth Removed From Jaw

duncan228
06-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Updated.

LeBron James has benign growth removed from jaw (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txcavaliersjamessurger&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Tom Withers

Cavaliers star LeBron James had a benign growth removed from his right jaw during a five-hour procedure at the Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday.

James has had the condition for several months, but with permission from his treating doctors, he and his family decided to put off the operation until the Cavs completed their season. Cleveland was eliminated from the NBA playoffs on Saturday by Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals.

During the operation, Dr. Frank Papay removed tissue from the parotid gland, which produces saliva. Surgery for such conditions often takes time because of the numerous nerves and blood vessels in that area of the jaw.

The Cavaliers released a statement saying doctors were “pleased with the outcome of the procedure, and at this time, are confident that no further treatment will be needed as LeBron is expected to make a full and complete recovery.”

James remains hospitalized and the team said he will soon be returning home.

The 24-year-old James was the league MVP this season after leading the Cavs to 66 regular-seasons wins and their second Central Division title. He averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 assists and 8.0 rebounds in Cleveland’s series against the Magic, who won in six games.

James caused a minor controversy after Game 6 for not shaking hands with Orlando’s players and skipping the postgame news conference.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't even need to say what I was going to say here...I'll leave it alone..

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Despite the criticism I may throw at dude, with all the health issues we've seen former players dealing with over the course of the last few months, it's good to hear dude is doing okay....now if they can perform an operation to shrink the ego. :p:

Ghazi
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
38/8/8 dayum

lefty
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
That's why they lost !

La Peace
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Magic only beat teams with injured players, they suck so badddddd

SouthTexasRancher
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't even need to say what I was going to say here...I'll leave it alone..

Ditto. I don't want to be as classLESS as Lebron so I too will let it slide!

lefty
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Didn't the Lakers beat an injury depleted Rockets team in 7 ? :lmao

NewJerSpur
06-02-2009, 11:15 PM

Philly played better without their multi-million dollar offseason acquisition. If Yao never goes down......

La Peace
06-02-2009, 11:16 PM
joke

I was satirizing guys like this

Didn't the Lakers beat an injury depleted Rockets team in 7 ? :lmao

lmfao :rollin

Lars
06-03-2009, 02:45 AM
So let me get this straight...

Doctors took five hours to surgically make Lebrons head smaller.

Ziing

Bob Lanier
06-03-2009, 03:42 AM
So it wasn't his baseball-sized Adam's apple?

Dim Tuncan
06-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Anabolic steroids.

Bob Lanier
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
8xqZnmESuiw

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2009, 06:47 AM
sterns dick.....

lefty
06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
This raises questions about LBJ's relationship with Delonte West

duncan228
06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
LeBron released from hospital after surgery (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txcavaliersjamessurger&prov=st&type=lgns)

Cavaliers star LeBron James has been released from the Cleveland Clinic after a five-hour procedure to remove a benign growth from his jaw a day earlier.

The team says James returned home Wednesday and is recovering well. He has had the condition for several months, but opted to put off surgery until the Cavaliers completed their season.

Cleveland was eliminated from the Eastern Conference finals by Orlando on Saturday.

During the operation Tuesday, Dr. Frank Papay removed tissue from the parotid gland, which produces saliva. Surgery for such conditions often takes time because of the numerous nerves and blood vessels in that area of the jaw.