PDA

View Full Version : Magic's Mickael Pietrus Will Ditch Kobe-Endorsed Shoes For NBA Finals

duncan228
06-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Magic's Mickael Pietrus will ditch Kobe-endorsed shoes for NBA Finals (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsmagic-lakers-notes-03060309jun03,0,1596001.story)
Pietrus eschews Kobe's shoes
Orlando Sentinel

You probably wouldn't want to be in Magic SG Mickael Pietrus' shoes. He'll have to help defend Lakers star Kobe Bryant.

Fact is, Pietrus doesn't want to be in Kobe's shoes.

Pietrus said he has worn a pair of basketball shoes that Bryant endorses during games but will not do so for his NBA Finals match-up against the Lakers.

"I have some at my house, but I'm going to play with Michael Jordan shoes," Pietrus said.

Pietrus, who helped defend Cleveland star LeBron James in the East finals, cautions anyone who thinks he can stop Kobe cold.

"The only thing I can do is try to minimize his touches in the fourth quarter," Pietrus said. "He's a tremendous player and those guys you can not stop them. So maybe I can say, 'Hey, stop, Kobe! Yo! Stop!' Maybe that's the only way I can stop him. 'Stop for a minute!'"

Pietrus, who has starred coming off the bench this postseason, said he admires Bryant's killer instinct and tried to emulate that character trait when he first came into the league.

Ghazi
06-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I like Pietrus!

La Peace
06-02-2009, 11:49 PM
me too

redzero
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
First, LeBron. Now, Kobe. Pietrus has it rough.

monosylab1k
06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Kobe IV's are sick. He's dumb to quit wearing them because of this. They are literally the greatest basketball shoe ever made.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2009, 12:14 AM
He's proven himself to be a damn good one-on-one defender. He managed to stay in front of LeBron on most of his drives and defend without having to foul. I'd be more inclined to press Kobe rather than give him the space to pull up because his jumper's a lot better.

TheMACHINE
06-03-2009, 01:32 AM
he's been doing good with Kobe's shoes so far...dumb to change it now. lol

ginobili's bald spot
06-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Kobe IV's are sick. He's dumb to quit wearing them because of this. They are literally the greatest basketball shoe ever made.

They really are great to play in.

pauls931
06-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Canīt he get some LBJ shoes to get an extra step?

eisfeld
06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Jinxing his team... great...