PDA

View Full Version : Bowen to guest host on Ticket 760 Wednesday AM

CubanMustGo
06-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Your chance to talk with Bruce Bowen:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/Jeanne_Jakle_Ex-SA_anchor_Parker_becomes_the_news.html

[...]

New gig for Bowen

If you're up fairly early reading this Wednesday morning, get thee to the radio: Bruce Bowen is doing his first gig as a morning co-host and could use your help.

The amiable Spur has agreed to be a guest host from 8 to 9 a.m. on "The Morning Drive with Andy Everett and Peter Burns" at Ticket 760.

According to Burns, Bowen views it as practice for a possible career in broadcasting (after leaving basketball, natch). "I'm going in so raw," Bowen told me in a call Monday night. "I know it's not as easy as people think."

Sure, he'll talk about the obvious: the NBA Finals — Orlando Magic vs. Los Angeles Lakers. Who's he rooting for? He'd like to see the Magic's Hedo Turkoglu — a former S.A. player whom he knows and respects immensely — get a ring, "and that L.A. didn't," he said.

Bowen also hopes to weigh in on other subjects. For instance: "Grey's Anatomy." Bowen said he doesn't get to watch much TV, but he does appreciate the twists and turns of that particular ABC drama. Moreover, he thought the finale was "incredible."

"We'll be taking a lot of calls," promised Burns, "and want to give Bruce the spotlight, let his great personality really come out." So don't hesitate to call the station this morning at (210) 736-9760.

EricB
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Great stuff.

Bowen thinks Finley is taking the money and coming back.

MaNu4Tres
06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Great stuff.

Anything else relating to the Spurs offseason?

ducks
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Great stuff.

do you actually think he would turn it down?

EricB
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Anything else relating to the Spurs offseason?

Im in California 2 hours behind SA time.

Due to the time changes I was up at 6:15 and only heard from that on.

Other than that, nothing really, it mostly fun stuff and getting to know Bruce and his business and people calling in to share their great Bruce stories.

PeterBurns
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Bruce was really cool this morning. Super laid back guy, totally family and foundation person. He told us a story about how he went up to see the new Jerry World facility, and that people were asking if he was headed up to Dallas to talk to Cuban about joining the Mavs....He said..."NO WAY" Evidently, Cuban had some choice words after Spurs beat Mavs in 2006 in game 6, and said them right to Bruce.

So Bruce as a Mav....never.

Overall, he thought guys should go to college and not straight to pro's in BB, just for the life experience, said he's hooked on Grey's Anatomy, and how nervous he was before Game 7 of the 2005 Finals.

EricB
06-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Bruce was really cool this morning. Super laid back guy, totally family and foundation person. He told us a story about how he went up to see the new Jerry World facility, and that people were asking if he was headed up to Dallas to talk to Cuban about joining the Mavs....He said..."NO WAY" Evidently, Cuban had some choice words after Spurs beat Mavs in 2006 in game 6, and said them right to Bruce.

So Bruce as a Mav....never.

Overall, he thought guys should go to college and not straight to pro's in BB, just for the life experience, said he's hooked on Grey's Anatomy, and how nervous he was before Game 7 of the 2005 Finals.

Only because he didn't want to have a loaf of bread thrown at him as he said :lol

angel_luv
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Sure, he'll talk about the obvious: the NBA Finals — Orlando Magic vs. Los Angeles Lakers. Who's he rooting for? He'd like to see the Magic's Hedo Turkoglu — a former S.A. player whom he knows and respects immensely — get a ring, "and that L.A. didn't," he said.

Good Man, Bruce! :)

:tu

Sounds like it was a great show.

SenorSpur
06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Hopefully the podcast will be posted on the Ticket 760 website. I'd love to go back and listen to it.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Bruce is getting his name out there to be in media when he retires...he should definitely be offered a play by play or color job somewhere.

SenorSpur
06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Bruce is getting his name out there to be in media when he retires...he should definitely be offered a play by play or color job somewhere.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll successfully put that Communications degree to good use. He'll do very well. Looking forward to hearing him somewhere when that day comes.

First, I wanna see him pass along some of his defensive tactics to Gist, Hairston and whatever new SF the Spurs bring in here.

ducks
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
bowen wants to do media
his degree is in pr right

xtremesteven33
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Imagine Bruce,Sean and Bill Land calling Spurs games one day....That would be awesome :lol

lefty
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

byrdman31
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
is there a link ?

Ditty
06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
i rather have him as a defense coach for the spurs but he has a good persoanilty so a play by play man wouldnt be bad

Sean Cagney
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Great stuff.

Oh thats great! He can start again too all year long :depressed:depressed:bang

As long as he is here Pop starts him it seems.

EricB
06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh thats great! He can start again too all year long :depressed:depressed:bang

As long as he is here Pop starts him it seems.

Eh, I don't think that will happen.

way too early to get worked up about things, hundreds of hours to go in the offseason.