PDA

View Full Version : SI.com Truth&Rumors: Is Jerry Jones broke?

CubanMustGo
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
LOL

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/105053-is-jerry-jones-broke?cnn=yes

Is Jerry Jones broke? Perhaps, we should just call it belt tightening. When you examine some of the moves the Cowboys have made in the off-season, it makes you wonder, especially since the Cowboys' $1.25 billion stadium doesn't have a corporate sponsor. Seriously, think about it. Then there's the curious decision the Cowboys made on draft day to drop out of the second round and into the third round, where the contracts are typically shorter and less expensive. Add to that the big deal Jerry made about not wanting to trade into the first round because of the financial risk involved and you're within your rights to wonder whether he's making decisions based more on money than winning.

samikeyp
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
It's probably belt tightening but if he is, its his own damn fault.

JudynTX
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
:nope The government better not bail him out! :lmao

Obstructed_View
06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
If he ain't now, he's gonna be. Good luck selling nosebleed season tickets for 425 dollars per game in the new stadium.

bugoy
06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
If he ain't now, he's gonna be. Good luck selling nosebleed season tickets for 425 dollars per game in the new stadium.
i dont think those have trouble selling....its the ones in the bottom that are having a hard time according to a coworker

Udokafan05
06-12-2009, 10:45 PM
If he needs some quick cash, sell 1% of the team.

EricB
06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
WTF, :lol

Them botox bills have caught up have they?

jack sommerset
06-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I think he is in some serious trouble. I am taking my kid to a concert there Saturday and Parking is 30-65 dollars. PARKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited about seeing the stadium but I know this will be it for me. I have not and will not pay the kind of money he is asking for. No freaken way. I called the Hotel we are staying at. They usually take us where ever we want. It's 2-3-4 minutes from the new stadium. They won't take us over or pick us up. Jerry won't let them. He wants that parking money!

I have said this in other threrads for along time. The prices are so freaken crazy. I can't believe the local media is not hammering this guy. Seriously, they are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! When the Ticket was the official voice of the Cowboys I actually heard one of the talking heads defend the prices. It was the worse defense. Greed is what it is called and this ass picked the wrong time to get greedy. Locals media wants there passes so they have laid off Jones. When you cut T.O and Ellis you save 15 million.

Spurtacus
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Please sell the Cowboys.

manufan10
06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I think he is in some serious trouble. I am taking my kid to a concert there Saturday and Parking is 30-65 dollars. PARKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited about seeing the stadium but I know this will be it for me. I have not and will not pay the kind of money he is asking for. No freaken way. I called the Hotel we are staying at. They usually take us where ever we want. It's 2-3-4 minutes from the new stadium. They won't take us over or pick us up. Jerry won't let them. He wants that parking money!

I have said this in other threrads for along time. The prices are so freaken crazy. I can't believe the local media is not hammering this guy. Seriously, they are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! When the Ticket was the official voice of the Cowboys I actually heard one of the talking heads defend the prices. It was the worse defense. Greed is what it is called and this ass picked the wrong time to get greedy. Locals media wants there passes so they have laid off Jones. When you cut T.O and Ellis you save 15 million.

Prices are expensive like that everywhere for parking. I went to the Toyota Center in Houston for an event and it was $45 dollars for parking. A few nights later we went to Reliant Stadium for an event in the morning and one in the evening. We got there in the morning, paid another $45 for parking. Thinking we would be smart and leave our cars parked their for the evening event, and walk a few blocks to a restaurant. However, they told us we couldn't leave our vehicle there, so we had to come back and pay another $45 for parking. It's ridiculous, but it's not only happening at Cowboys Stadium, it's happening at other stadiums and arenas as well.

Dr. Gonzo
06-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Holy shit. That's a lot of money for parking.

Blake
06-15-2009, 11:32 AM
sheez. I gripe about the $13 parking at the ATT Center.