PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old republic

phyzik
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
This MMOG looks like its going to kick ass. Here is the E3 trailer. Better fight scene than in any of the movies :toast

hzQV5m0tMgA

Viva Las Espuelas
06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
i guess the geek forum is shutdown.

phyzik
06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
i guess the geek forum is shutdown.

The Club (117 Viewing)
Discuss anything that is on your mind. Let it all hang out :)

Viva Las Espuelas
06-03-2009, 12:59 PM
The Geek Zone (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32) (10 Viewing)
Technology questions, computers, graphics, video games and anything else that geeks are interested in.

http://nomm.com/Stills/images/CheckmateD.jpg

bus driver
06-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Nice!!!

IronMexican
06-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Not an MMO guy, but this looked nice.

phyzik
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
The Geek Zone (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32) (10 Viewing)
Technology questions, computers, graphics, video games and anything else that geeks are interested in.

dis⋅cuss
  /dɪˈskʌs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-skuhs] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1. to consider or examine by argument, comment, etc.; talk over or write about, esp. to explore solutions; debate

an⋅y⋅thing
  /ˈɛniˌθɪŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [en-ee-thing] Show IPA
–pronoun
1. any thing whatever; something, no matter what

Now, if you dont like the topic so much, just dont click on it. Go hate somewhere else.

MannyIsGod
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Don't mind Viva, he's just bitter.

MannyIsGod
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
CGI looks cool but itll probably suck.

phyzik
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
CGI looks cool but itll probably suck.

I dont know, it IS Bioware we are talking about. They have yet to screw up a good RPG game. I cant even think of a title they have released that sucked. From Baldurs Gate all the way to Mass Effect, all of them have been quality.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't mind Viva, he's just bitter.

MiamiHeat
06-03-2009, 03:29 PM
i just orgasmed.

holy. fucking. shit. that looks awesome, but i need to see some GAMEPLAY video. not cgi movies...

BIOWARE is an amazing company. I just finished beating Jade Empire on sunday. All their games are amazing...... and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is possibly the top 2 greatest RPG ever made.

wow...this can seriously topple World of Warcraft.

Star Wars needed a great MMORPG, because that other one was really shitty, the Star Wars Galaxies one.

Mark in Austin
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
funny how one trailer delivered a more compelling action scene than anything in the prequels.

phyzik
06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
i just orgasmed.

holy. fucking. shit. that looks awesome, but i need to see some GAMEPLAY video. not cgi movies...

BIOWARE is an amazing company. I just finished beating Jade Empire on sunday. All their games are amazing...... and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is possibly the top 2 greatest RPG ever made.

Star Wars needed a great MMORPG, because that other one was really shitty, the Star Wars Galaxies one.

Gamespy saw some game footage at E3 but they havnt posted any actual video's yet (dont think they are allowed to) but here is a screenshot, followed by a description of the action they saw in-game.

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/990/990327/star-wars-the-old-republic-20090602103908767.jpg

A player-driven Dark Jedi (one that the developers were hesitant to definitively identify as such) commandeered a mid-transit ship, on orders to kill its treasonous captain. The choice was ours: permanently relieve him from duty, or show him our soft side? The jaded collective of critics chose the former, which resulted in a display of lightsaber-powered violence that quickly coerced the crew to his side. Chaos ensued, driving said Sith (named -- amusingly enough -- Darth Awesome) and his Bounty Hunter pal into an impromptu defense against invading Jedi. The expected hotbar of MMO moves guided the combat, though slick speed bursts, blaster bolt blockage, and flat-out badass lightsaber duels (which haven't looked this good since the movies themselves) afforded TOR a flair not often glimpsed in this me-too genre. As the Jedi fell, the victorious Sith snatched his prey's lightsaber, and immediately lit it up for dual-saber action.

If I were Star Wars Galaxies, I'd just go ahead and throw myself off the Cloud City catwalk.

Here's a link to like 50 more screenshots..

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/816/816935/imgs_1.html

MiamiHeat
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
amazing.

I am glad about this

Galaxies sucked ass. Lucas finally chose correctly in picking BioWare.

Oh, and The Old Republic will be the world's first FULLY VOICED MMORPG!

Mister Sinister
06-04-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm just about finished with KOTOR 1. I adore the Expanded Universe stuff.

BWS-1994
06-04-2009, 02:16 AM
KOTOR 2 is ok. But there's evidence that it was rushed.

I hope they give us KOTOR 3 soon, hopefully before TOR.

MiamiHeat
06-04-2009, 02:35 AM
KOTOR 2 wasn't made by BIOWARE. That's why

It was made by a company called OBSIDIAN, but they were allowed to use KOTOR 1's engine and code.

Strike
06-04-2009, 07:11 AM
I'd actually pay to play a good Star Wars MMO. Galaxies was just flawed.

LnGrrrR
06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
i just orgasmed.

What's your number 1 choice for top RPG ever?

LnGrrrR
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age: Origins as well.

I'm curious to how the Star Trek MMO will be... I've got high hopes. I play LOTRO now, and used to play City of Heroes. I prefer PVE more than PVP.

monosylab1k
06-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I've never played any of these MMORPG games, but I may check this one out. KOTOR is my favorite game of all time, and I think I like that game's story better than any of the Star Wars movies, original ones included.

Phenomanul
06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a friend who works with BIOWARE... says the game won't disappoint.