PDA

View Full Version : King of Kong

Thunder Dan
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I was watching clips of it on Youtube. I just added it to my netflix. Is it as good as the clips? If so, how did this movie fly under the radar like it did? It looks like the best documentary ever

3zQtURu4pY

Private Joker
06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

phyzik
06-03-2009, 01:54 PM
is this the one about trying to beat the record on Donkey Kong?

Thunder Dan
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
is this the one about trying to beat the record on Donkey Kong?

yeah and other video games. The clips are so disturbing and funny

Lebowski Brickowski
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
This movie is flat out awesome -- put it at the top of your queue:lobt:

on an documentary note -- I recommend Darkon also.

EDIT -- I'm not a gaming nerd. :hat

baseline bum
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
It's pretty much just donkey kong. Occasionally they'll talk about Q-Bert or Donkey Kong Jr, but 99.95% of the movie is Donkey Kong and the drama between the two guys claiming the world record. It's a good movie though, and definitely worth checking out once, if just to see all the Billy Mitchell sychophants.

Spurminator
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I caught some of it on G4 or IFC one time and I've been meaning to rent it to see the rest. What I saw was hilarious.

Steve Perry
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
, how did this movie fly under the radar like it did?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118221&highlight=documentary

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110683&highlight=documentary

Thunder Dan
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118221&highlight=documentary

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110683&highlight=documentary

I mean like why wasn't there more buzz in the public about it. People line up to see Star Wars and other bullshit movies- this is a movie I would line up for. These guys are some of the best entertainment you can have. I mean the guy bought a $20 weightlifting glove so he could protect his hand from playing Marble (Marble Madness but he is different because he shortens it). Then he breaks down the features of the glove and how it is good for gaming. That is great entertainment. I mean that is better than any movie you could ever make

Steve Perry
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
The same reason the local sports radio stations don't have Kori as a permanent guest. It's called ....Clueless

The same reason Jack Daniels is legal as people wrap their cars around trees and weed is not.Clueless

The same reason San Antonio will spend Millions on the river walk but won't fix the potholes on Culebra road.

The same reason we spend trillions for NASA to send a man to the Sun and yet we don't cure Cancer. Clueless

should I go on?.............

Pick of Destiny
06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
TD I feel your pain! It's all fucked up. You will see commercial after commercial to go see Alvin and the chimp monks and never see a promo for Iraq for sale or lose change.

Take a look at the documentary topic mouse made it has really good movies you will be happy you found that topic. Don't forget BtJunkie and Pirate bay has many of these movies and Google videos has them for free.

I really loved the king of Kong. It has everything you want in a movie. its real,it has drama,comedy,and its sad and yet inspiring to see.

I love how they treated that science teacher like shit and then they knew how they would look when the movie would come out and they tried to kiss his ass at the last minute. Anyone who loves classic video games and people who are like us that love the art of competition and knowing we get ridiculed for not having a life its refreshing to see we are not alone.... :tu

free download...

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/The-King-of-Kong-2007-LIMITED-Documentary-DVDRip-XviD-SeRbOvItCh/3952881e2ad9569ed8338de1d79c9efe9aabeb1a790a

3K7wpatALDQ

The Loner
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM
King of Kong sucks.

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
yup good movie

Pick of Destiny
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
King of Kong sucks.

Not enough titty, or your under 30 years old and was not around during the Donkey Kong era, or both?

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
weibe was at E3 yesterday trying to break another record not sure if he did

TwoFace
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
king of kong sucks.

+1

Susan Boyle
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
King of Kong sucks.

This coming from a guy that stood in line for 4 hours to see High School Musical?:lmao

Transporter
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Rule # 61 Always bring your mouth piece if your going to run your smack, someone will get pwon3d in this topic!

The Loner
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
This coming from a guy that stood in line for 4 hours to see High School Musical?:lmao

This coming from a bitch who can't handle the pressure of singing in a mock musical? :lmao

JIM LAMPLEY
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Rule # 61 Always bring your mouth piece if your going to run your smack, someone will get pwon3d in this topic!

Always protect yourselves!!!

Winston Wolf
06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
This coming from a bitch who can't handle the pressure of singing in a mock musical? :lmao

One more lame reply like that and you will spend the night at Monster Jo's, truck and tow!

Daniel Plainview
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
My good people of the Club, unlike other smack talkers....I have all the tools,and witty comebacks I am more than ready to get started today on drilling your ass.
I am a family man... and as you see behind me my son is willing to support me in this transaction......

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2009, 04:13 PM
my good people of the club, unlike other smack talkers....i have all the tools,and witty comebacks i am more than ready to get started today on drilling your ass.
I am a family man... And as you see behind me my son is willing to support me in this transaction......

you have failed this troll!!!!

The Power Hour
06-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I love a good documentary. Pretty much watch the shitty ones as well.

Thunder Dan
06-03-2009, 04:41 PM

did you see The Bridge? what did you think of it? I watched it last night and still have yet to form a solid opinion

The Power Hour
06-03-2009, 04:53 PM
did you see The Bridge? what did you think of it? I watched it last night and still have yet to form a solid opinion

The connection between the families and the jumpers was interesting but I didn't jump to any conclusions.

Laker Lover!
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
you have failed this troll!!!!

:lmao

The Power Hour.
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM

That was good... you deserve a . by your screen name. :tu

France B-boy
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
CeYzfazXUZ0

lzLJgia_0d8

wrench
06-04-2009, 07:50 AM
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/power-cut-glitch-foil-donkey-kong-record-attempt/1321196

Annual video games trade show E3 always sees top games publishers showing off their latest and greatest wares, but one of the biggest happenings at this year's show was thanks to a classic arcade game that's older than many of the show's attendees. Steve Wiebe, an algebra teacher from the Seattle suburbs, took on the Donkey Kong world record in a day-long clash that thrilled crowds and had the Internet buzzing, reports CNET.

The story of the fight to break the Donkey Kong record was the subject of a 2007 documentary movie entitled The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, which starred Wiebe and the current record holder, Billy Mitchell. Today Wiebe was playing for a prize fund of $10,001 -- all in quarters.

But luck wasn't with Wiebe. After an early attempt was unexpectedly halted by a power cut, Wiebe won through to the game's infamous 22nd level, where a bug inevitably causes the game to generate a level with a time limit that's impossible to beat. Wiebe's final score was 989,400 -- just short of the existing record set by Billy Mitchell in 2007, which stands at 1,050,200.

Wiebe's valiant attempt still captured the hearts of spectators around the world, driving the challenger's name to the top of the trending topics list on Twitter. "I think Oxford should consider replacing the definition of epic in their dictionary with a picture of #Wiebe," commented one fan. Better luck next time, Wiebe.

Susan Boyle
06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
you notice Billy Mitchell never plays in front of a live audience? He sent in his record breaking Donkey Kong score via VHS tape. I like how the tape skipped right before he hit 999,999 you saw a break in the tape then it was 000,0000 WTF?

Fuck Billy and his Sauce!

http://theslopeviathelake.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/billy_mitchell_approves_his_hot_sau.jpg