PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious and interesting Bill Simmons article...kept my attention.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Not sure if this was posted already..but it was a really cool article that Simmons wrote as kind of a preview for the Finals...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090603&sportCat=nba

Allanon
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
He's a cool dude except for the fact he's a diehard Celtic Homer, Clippers Lover but Laker hater. Very entertaining.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
He's a cool dude except for the fact he's a diehard Celtic Homer, Clippers Lover but Laker hater. Very entertaining.
Yeah...he makes it known that he's a homer, kind of irritating...but still a pretty hilarious article.

manufan10
06-03-2009, 02:11 PM
When you caused a controversy by storming off the court after Game 6 and refusing to attend your press conference, you did something even better: You brought us back to the days when "rivals" didn't hug each other like Red and Andy after every game, when NBA stars actually took losing personally and treated their peers like enemies instead of friends. I loved it. That was an old-school move. And as reader Brian Naftaly points out, you accomplished something even better: You made your teammates cover you in the postgame press conference, marking the first time all series they did something or helped you in any way. That was genius. Hold your head up high, LeBron James. You could not have done more with the possible exception of coaching the team … and really, that might not have been a bad idea.

I love what he said there.

Gino
06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Cant be too hard on Laker fans for claiming that Kobe would have been ripped for doing what Lebron did after game six (even though Kobe did the exact same thing in 2006).

Bill Simmons made the same mistake.

TampaDude
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Not sure if this was posted already..but it was a really cool article that Simmons wrote as kind of a preview for the Finals...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090603&sportCat=nba

Pretty funny...some parts made me :lmao