PDA

View Full Version : Twilight

sonic21
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
so i watched twilight yesterday...

A vegetarian vampire that sparkles? Are you kidding me?

Blade would tear that motherfu*ker apart.

I seriously want to write a book about happy-go-lucky zombies that only eat cow and pig brains bought from their local butcher and work low level jobs at Wal-Mart in an effort to stimulate the economy.

i feel better now :wakeup

desflood
06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I seriously want to write a book about happy-go-lucky zombies that only eat cow and pig brains bought from their local butcher and work low level jobs at Wal-Mart in an effort to stimulate the economy.
I would read that. Sounds like something A. Lee Martinez would write.

Strike
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Twilight is a total abortion of a movie.

Sp Ginobili 20
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
The movie sucked, but I'm still gonna watch the 2nd one. The first book was good. I'm on the third one right now.

Bella Lugosi
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I liked it.

MiamiHeat
06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
huh

SpursWoman
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow ... grown men not liking a movie derived from a series of books written primarily for an audience of young females. Crazy talk.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow ... grown men not liking a movie derived from a series of books written primarily for an audience of young females. Crazy talk.

Ha my daughter is so crazy over ther books and the movie.

SpursWoman
06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Ha my daughter is so crazy over ther books and the movie.

My daughter loves it, too....the 13 year old girl in me kinda liked it as well... :nerd

1Parker1
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
My daughter loves it, too....the 13 year old girl in me kinda liked it as well... :nerd

:lol Ditto. My niece is obsessed with this series and movie. My sister spent like $50 on the whole special 4 book addition series. She forced me to watch the movie, and gotta say, it wasn't half bad...I can see the appeal if I was 13 years old :)

sonic21
06-04-2009, 06:44 AM

:lol yea i was having a bad day, i overreacted

Strike
06-04-2009, 07:02 AM

My 13 year old niece thought it was a piece of shit, too.

ATRAIN
06-04-2009, 07:37 AM

My 42 year old sister and 32 year old sister watched the movie for a 5th time im sure together since they hadnt had a chance to watch it together. Thats all they fucking talked about this past weekend. I sat down and saw 5 mins of that movie and fell asleep. Vampires that can walk during the day......wtf!! I even got mobbed by my sisters and female friends for a comment I wrote on facebook and all of them were over 28. True blood is way better than that shit and its a vampire "love" story. Fucking sparkling vampire??? How is it that this guy can walk around during the day?

desflood
06-04-2009, 07:51 AM
I read the other day that the big fan base of the Twilight series actually consists of two groups - pre-teen girls and their 30-something mothers. I don't feel quite so much of an outcast knowing I'm not the only one.

I agree the movie could have been better. If I hadn't read the book, it wouldn't have made much sense at all. Hopefully the second lives up to the series.

Sec24Row7
06-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Somebody recommended I read the books so I did....

First book pretty much sucked... but the world it set up was interesting...

The problem through most of the series is that the narrator (Bella) is a whiny little insecure bitch who thinks she isn't worth anyone's attention even though she's constantly showed that she is. (I wonder why tweenage girls relate to her) Her 100 year old vampire boyfriend is basically the same way...

The series gets progressively better as the author gets away from this aspect of the series and starts to focus on events and consequences rather than sappy teenage feelings of inadequacy. The 4th book is the best if you can get that far (not exclusively because Bella isn't the narrator for half of it... but that helps)

The movie was utter shit... and when you make a shit movie about a shit book... heh

desflood
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
The series gets progressively better as the author gets away from this aspect of the series and starts to focus on events and consequences rather than sappy teenage feelings of inadequacy. The 4th book is the best if you can get that far (not exclusively because Bella isn't the narrator for half of it... but that helps)
The fourth was too "Happily Ever After"-ish. I read it and said, "What a stupid ending." The third was really enjoyable.

JoeChalupa
06-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I actually liked the movie.

Sec24Row7
06-04-2009, 08:14 AM
The fourth was too "Happily Ever After"-ish. I read it and said, "What a stupid ending." The third was really enjoyable.

I doubt it's the last one...

SpursStalker
06-04-2009, 08:23 AM
I've read the entire series and enjoyed them ...

The movie however, sucked. None of the people in the movie came close to actually resembling the true people in the book.

Edward looks like a fag instead of a vampire
Bella is too quite and self reserved
Jacob was nothing like the one in the book
Edwards family was pretty close

I'm curious to see how they approach the second movie ... New Moon

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/395235/trailer-premiere-new-moon.jhtml

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
My 13 year old niece thought it was a piece of shit, too.

Then that's a lot less money that your sibling will end up spending on Twilight crap then, isn't it? Lucky them. :)

I was just thrilled my daughter was actually reading something voluntarily. But expecting it to be some kind of Academy Award winning flick or anything other than what it is is kind of ridiculous, IMO.

*shrugs*

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm convinced that the entire series of books and films are the work of the Church of Scientology so that Tom Cruise would no longer hold the title of Gayest Vampire in the History of Film.

JoeChalupa
06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I've read the entire series and enjoyed them ...

The movie however, sucked. None of the people in the movie came close to actually resembling the true people in the book.

Edward looks like a fag instead of a vampire
Bella is too quite and self reserved
Jacob was nothing like the one in the book
Edwards family was pretty close

I'm curious to see how they approach the second movie ... New Moon

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/395235/trailer-premiere-new-moon.jhtml

Maybe I liked it since I didn't read the book.
A movie based on a book rarely, if ever, conveys the story as well as the book because even two people reading the same book will have different visions of what the characters are like which is why I always enjoy the book more than the movie.

Dr. Acula
06-04-2009, 08:42 AM
This movie was garbage with whack ass effects, can't wait to watch part 2 though

JoeChalupa
06-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Damn, I guess my standards for movies is much lower than most. :lol

ChaCho's Nacho's
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
seriously the movie was pure whackness

SpursStalker
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Maybe I liked it since I didn't read the book.
A movie based on a book rarely, if ever, conveys the story as well as the book because even two people reading the same book will have different visions of what the characters are like which is why I always enjoy the book more than the movie.

Oh that's a given!

Books that go to movies are never really good but at least the characters are pretty damn close to the ones in the book.

You would probably still like the movie, even if you read the books now.

Bella Swan
06-04-2009, 08:51 AM
I thought the movie was fantastic!

Bella Lugosi
06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
i thought the movie was fantastic!

+100

Bella Cullen
06-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I thought the movie was fantastic!You would. I was so pathetic before my Edward turned me into a dead Woman! I'm so lucky to have him, and my little Renesmee.

How are they going to translate my daughter to the big screen? That story was pathetic anyway so I hope it doesn't get that far.

Kermit
06-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Haven't read the books but I watched the movie and I couldn't make it through due to the horrid acting of one Kristen Stewart. She needs to join Overactors Anonymous.

Bella Cullen
06-04-2009, 08:55 AM
+100Like I've told you before... your mama should have AT LEAST taught you how to spell your own name.

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Damn, I guess my standards for movies is much lower than most. :lol

Yeah, I didn't realize you were supposed to take make believe shit so seriously. I mean really ... they were supposed to make vampires more real? Are you kidding me?? :lmao

dimsah
06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
How is it that this guy can walk around during the day?

Original vampire stories including Dracula never state that sunlight will kill a vampire. Multiple instances from the original story of Dracula speak of him being seen during the day.

Sec24Row7
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
What is mouse running now... like a laugh every 5th screen name?

Edward Cullen
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Haven't read the books but I watched the movie and I couldn't make it through due to the horrid acting of one Kristen Stewart. She needs to join Overactors Anonymous.Watch it... I'll send one of my Elk's to eat you before eating the Elk. You know, cause I'm a "vegetarian" and all.

Bella Lugosi
06-04-2009, 09:02 AM
What is mouse running now... like a laugh every 5th screen name?

What are you running now....a Blake or B2B bitch?

Edward Cullen
06-04-2009, 09:02 AM
What is mouse running now... like a laugh every 5th screen name?I'm not mouse...

but...

:depressed

Strike
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Then that's a lot less money that your sibling will end up spending on Twilight crap then, isn't it? Lucky them. :)

I was just thrilled my daughter was actually reading something voluntarily. But expecting it to be some kind of Academy Award winning flick or anything other than what it is is kind of ridiculous, IMO.

*shrugs*

Actually, based on that argument, I wish my niece loved the movie. That way, my complete cunt sister-in-law would have to spends shitloads of money on Twilight shit. Oh well.

And just so we're clear, I didn't expect it to be an oscar winner. I only expected to be a little better than 2 pounds of deep fried shit. It wasn't. :hat

Dr. Gonzo
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM

No shit. That's why I stay away from this shit. I know I'm not going to like it. The target audience is 12 year old girls.

paparazzi
06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Kirsten is hot.

http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kristen-stewart_l.jpg

stretch
06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
gay ass movie

Sec24Row7
06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
What are you running now....a Blake or B2B bitch?

That makes sense how? I'm sure that was funny as hell (to you)... but I don't get it.

JoeChalupa
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
No shit. That's why I stay away from this shit. I know I'm not going to like it. The target audience is 12 year old girls.

Meh, I can enjoy movies targetted for kids as much as those for adults. I even enjoyed the Hannah Montana movie when I took my youngest.
There aren't many movies that I've seen that I totally hated.

Sec24Row7
06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Meh, I can enjoy movies targetted for kids as much as those for adults. I even enjoyed the Hannah Montana movie when I took my youngest.
There aren't many movies that I've seen that I totally hated.

I'm with you... I can count the number of movies I've walked out on on one hand still....

Troy... I mean seriously... Paris Lives and escapes with Helen? Are you fucking kidding me?

lol

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM

What? You mean you didn't want to watch a movie that wasn't created for your demographic to begin with that you knew wouldn't appeal to you and then come into the forum and act like some kind of intellectually superior badass? That's so unlike you. :lol

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
And just so we're clear, I didn't expect it to be an oscar winner. I only expected to be a little better than 2 pounds of deep fried shit. It wasn't. :hat

If you expected that movie to be good, then I think you might be just a little out of touch with the average tweenage girl. Which should make you somewhat thankful, at least, that you didn't go see it opening night like we did. It was pretty frightening, even for me. :lol

I wouldn't recommend you see anything involving Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers, either. :lol

u2sarajevo
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I read the books. But I read them because I have an 11 year old daughter and our neighbors daughter of the same age read them and was in my girls ear about it all the time.

So I read them to find out what she would be exposed to.

I thought the movie got 2 things right from the book. Billy's creepiness and Bella's truck. Everything else didn't feel right, but what do you expect.

And I think someone said they were reading them now... don't waste your time on the last book. Maybe it's because I'm a guy... but that was the biggest piece of crap put into 700+ pages I ever sat through.

**********SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING*******
Stephanie Meyer is not a good author of suspense. She has admitted she becomes attached to her characters and doesn't want to kill them. So she never does. Read The Host, same crap.

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Anyway, the movie has grossed about $380 million worldwide so far ... so someone, somewhere probably like it. :fro

Strike
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
If you expected that movie to be good, then I think you might be just a little out of touch with the average tweenage girl. Which should make you somewhat thankful, at least, that you didn't go see it opening night like we did. It was pretty frightening, even for me. :lol

I wouldn't recommend you see anything involving Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers, either. :lol

Not gonna. But thanks for the advice. :toast

I took my niece because she read the books and wanted to see the movie. I tried to tell her that the movies usually suck comparatively but she wanted to see it anyway. She actually got mad at how bad it was!

And, again. I didn't expect the movie to be good. If you can find where I said that, please show me. I said I expected something better than two pounds of deep fried shit. I'd rather watch Napoleon Dynamite again.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Yup, 30 helens agree, twilight is pretty fucking gay.

mrsmaalox
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
My 13 yr old and all her friends read the series and were at the theater on opening day. She was the only one of her group that was disappointed in the film and lost interest in all of it pretty quick. But the still relentless hype and "swoon texting" of her friends have pretty much gotten her to the point of eyerolling anytime Twilight is mentioned! :lol

ploto
06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
It wore on people really quickly.

Bob Lanier
06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Grown men have influence on young females. That they influence their daughters in ways that allow filth like "Twilight" to be attractive to them is not insignificant.

And yes, I read all four books. Sloppily written, derivative, and ethically revolting. It's not a surprise that they were written by a Mormon housewife.

SpursWoman
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I think some of you are taking this series waaaaaay to fucking seriously. Sheesh. :lol :lol

Vampires that glitter in the sunlight = filth? WTF? :lol

Udokafan05
06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm with you... I can count the number of movies I've walked out on on one hand still....

Troy... I mean seriously... Paris Lives and escapes with Helen? Are you fucking kidding me?

lol

Troy was all-time great movie. The fight between Hector and Achilless was one of the best movie fight ever.

Udokafan05
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Twilight wasnt a great movie, but not that bad.

sa_butta
06-05-2009, 01:55 AM
My wife has read all 4 books and I think she is a vampire now.

ATRAIN
06-05-2009, 08:24 AM
My wife has read all 4 books and I think she is a vampire now.

lol

Sec24Row7
06-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Troy was all-time great movie. The fight between Hector and Achilless was one of the best movie fight ever.

Doesn't surprise me... I mean... who cares if they alter the plot of a 4,000 year old epic in MAJOR, message changing ways... The fight scene was awesome...

:rolleyes

What's next?

wife #7
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Grown men have influence on young females. That they influence their daughters in ways that allow filth like "Twilight" to be attractive to them is not insignificant.

And yes, I read all four books. Sloppily written, derivative, and ethically revolting. It's not a surprise that they were written by a Mormon housewife.

:flipoff