PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Reaches Deal With NBA TV

duncan228
06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Comcast reaches deal with NBA TV (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-comcast-nba&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Deborah Yao

Comcast Corp. has reached a new seven-year agreement that will add the NBA TV channel to the cable TV operator’s most popular digital tier of service before the start of the next pro basketball season.

Comcast, the nation’s largest cable TV provider, struck the deal with NBA Digital that would give NBA TV exposure to 11 million “Digital Classic” viewers compared to the 2 million it had as part of the sports tier, according to a person with knowledge of the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release details. An official announcement was expected Thursday.

NBA Digital also agreed to lower the per-subscriber rate it charges the cable operator, a key factor in the agreement.

NBA TV had been airing only on Comcast’s premium sports package, which costs $5 to $8 a month and has about 2 million viewers. By adding the channel to Comcast’s “Digital Classic” tier as well, NBA TV gains exposure to 11 million viewers. NBA TV will now reach 30 million households nationwide.

Comcast has reached similar deals with the National Hockey League for its NHL Network and the National Football League’s NFL Network.

NBA Digital is a partnership between the National Basketball Association and Turner Sports, a division of Time Warner Inc.’s Turner Broadcasting. It manages NBA.com, NBA League Pass, NBADLeague.com and WNBA.com in addition to NBA TV, which airs more 100 live games and other basketball programming.

MiamiHeat
06-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
:toast:toast

Thunder Dan
06-03-2009, 09:57 PM
this is good news for Rockets fans who plan on watching Rockets Playoff games

Allanon
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Now if only DishNetwork could get on the ball.

Dishnetwork is a ripoff is you want Fox Sports + HD Programming + NBATV...gotta buy all of them separately.

DPG21920
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
U-Verse does not even have league pass...Needless to say, I will never have U-Verse unless they get it.

ElNono
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Fucking finally... just when I was about to switch off Comcast for that reason...

lefty
06-03-2009, 10:29 PM
If only Videotron did the same

Videotron is the only Canadian cable provider that doesn't offer NBA TV :flipoff

NewJerSpur
06-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Fucking finally... just when I was about to switch off Comcast for that reason...

I already did....:depressed

NFL Network did the same thing right after I switched to Fios, DAMNIT!!! Well, at least I get to see more anime and musically diversified channels than I used to be able to.