PDA

View Full Version : Ioannis Bourousis Is Rank As #1 Free Agent By DX

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Overseas-Free-Agents/

Draftexpress.com

Overseas Free Agents

Ioannis Bourousis is #1 FREE AGENT AVAILABLE

So now what do all the fans here calling me a liar about his level have to say?

ss1986v2
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
wow, so he finally beat out pargo and haislip? what are we waiting for...

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
He has been there since early feb.

Wrong. He was rank #4 up until just now in this list.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Paraphrased, yes. But still if I put it in context it would not entirely relate to the thread.

Person that cannot tell the difference between number 4 and number 1 is an idiot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Maybe it changed around, but I saw him at number one in up-coming free agents when I looked at his DX profile back then.

He was rank #4 up until just now.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
posted this in the think tank too..

Do you know how to read? Most of the people in here are saying he'd be ok on the team...I even think he'd be a good addition...we're just saying he's not our freaking savior...you need to get off the drugs, dude.

Steve-O-Matic
06-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Draftexpress.com

Overseas Free Agents

It doesn't matter where they rank him, he's still not an NBA-caliber player. Being the #1 Euro FA is like being the best lottery team. Oh and don't forget to remove his dick from your mouth everyone once in awhile so you can breathe.

Indazone
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Morey the shark circling around looking for another big to put next to Yao.

Indazone
06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
This is the way it always is...Spurs and Rockets going after the same player. It's like two guys going after some hot chick. Someone is always going to get C-Blocked.

Ditty
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
i really hope he comes its pretty sad how people dont really know how good he really is he is imprving year by year it would be a great steal to get him he wont be our saviour but hell he is better than any big man on our team not named tim duncan

benefactor
06-03-2009, 11:17 PM
He was rank #4 up until just now.
I saw him there last week.

Pucho!!!
06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
So important it had to be posted in 3 separate threads haha

kromediablo
06-04-2009, 12:19 AM
That free agent list is full of former nba'ers, 10 day contract's, and insurance bench players...invite marcus haislip to the d-league toros he looks like he can still hop---n---bop! i could have never figured out why the spurs could not keep James flight white?1? we should of sent him to the dunk contest when he was on the spurs...(when's the last time you heard that???a spur in the dunk contest..lol!

xellos88330
06-04-2009, 01:57 AM
That free agent list is full of former nba'ers, 10 day contract's, and insurance bench players...invite marcus haislip to the d-league toros he looks like he can still hop---n---bop! i could have never figured out why the spurs could not keep James flight white?1? we should of sent him to the dunk contest when he was on the spurs...(when's the last time you heard that???a spur in the dunk contest..lol!

Actually I think that would be great for the Spurs. Then perhaps people would stop labeling the Spurs as a boring team.

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Ioannis Bourousis Is Rank As #1 Free Agent By DX

I didn't know that Shawn Michaels and Triple H ranked basketball players. :D

Chieflion
06-04-2009, 07:07 AM
And they have got 2 words for KBP.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2009, 07:28 AM
:lmao

Russ
06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Getting a quality big man without giving up anything. This could be the first step back.

GSH
06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
For some reason DickXpress is down this morning, so I can't check. Did anyone happen to notice who is ranked #1 on the Fake Greek Hoops Fan list? I checked a few days ago, but #4 and #1 looked the same to me.

manufan10
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM

temujin
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
papapparapapaparapa
pappapara
pappapara

Enter Joe and his hungry Tigers.

papapparapapaparapa
pappapara
pappapara

jason1301
06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
According to a Greek website, Bourousis has an 1.7milion per year, two year offer from SAS.... crossing my fingers...

:flag:

Bukefal
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
According to a Greek website, Bourousis has an 1.7milion per year, two year offer from SAS.... crossing my fingers...

Well, you could have at least posted the link to that website...even if its greek. :wakeup

angelbelow
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
SEEE!!!! man this is sooo satisfying.

pad300
06-04-2009, 03:13 PM

I find the size of the offer unlikely. The LLE is more than this (1.99 million according to Larry Coon's CBA FAQ ( http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm ). You can't split the LLE, and otherwise, this would come out of the MLE. If they made an offer like this to him, I would expect the whole LLE, 1.99 $M in year one and 2.15 $M in year 2 (8% raise, max allowed).

Bruno
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
LLE can be split.

rayray2k8
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow, the euro talent must really suck for Pargo to be the number 2 free agent over season.
So HorrIBourousis does suck, eh?
Thanks moron. :lmao

All the spurs offered was half the LLE. He must REALLY suck then. :lol
Witness the coming of Rasho V.2

Oh god..

PerforatedNeckline
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
is ranked!
is RANKED!

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM

Like I have say all along. From the beginning I was trying to tell fans here even more than year ago about this.

pad300
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I find the size of the offer unlikely. The LLE is more than this (1.99 million according to Larry Coon's CBA FAQ ( http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm ). You can't split the LLE, and otherwise, this would come out of the MLE. If they made an offer like this to him, I would expect the whole LLE, 1.99 $M in year one and 2.15 $M in year 2 (8% raise, max allowed).

LLE can be split.

Thank you for the correction; I was not aware of this. However, what is the value in this case? 1.99M - 1.7M = 0.29M left over. The absolute minimum salary is $457,588. I don't think you can combine exceptions, so what's the point? You can't use the left over bit for anything anyhow...

I suppose it saves you enough to try a few 10 day contracts or sign someone for the vet min late in the season... But seriously, 1.7 million is just a weird number.

lefty
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Draftexpress.com

Overseas Free Agents

Can you do me a favor?

Go to your bathroom, pee and then sink your head in the toilet bowl

You'll see, it's very mind regreshing

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Like I have say all along. From the beginning I was trying to tell fans here even more than year ago about this.

Yeah but Jason's not a dipshit, you are.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM

European players usually have a set asking price to NBA clubs.

Bruno
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you for the correction; I was not aware of this. However, what is the value in this case? 1.99M - 1.7M = 0.29M left over. The absolute minimum salary is $457,588. I don't think you can combine exceptions, so what's the point? You can't use the left over bit for anything anyhow...

You're asking what's the point for a team to pay less a player ?

The obvious point is to spend less money. If you can get a player for $1.7M instead of $2M, I don't see why you would give him $2M.

Double-Up
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Best Case: Troy Murphy
Worst Case: Efthimis Rentzias

lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Best Case: Troy Murphy
Worst Case: Efthimis Rentzias

lol

He dominated Yao and Scola at Olympics. You just wish he would go to Rockets. He prefers Spurs. That is why you are mad. Rockets would be dreaming of getting him now that they have only 1 center.

timvp
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Brontosaurus looks like he has some long arms but he also looks like he needs to get in better shape.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Brontosaurus looks like he has some long arms but he also looks like he needs to get in better shape.

I think he have 7-5 wingspan but I am not for sure on this. Sometimes wingspan is mentioned for European players in games but they do not list it in websites like they do with American players.

Bruno
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.tanea.gr/default.asp?pid=41&nid=1020448

Πρόταση για τριετές συμβόλαιο από τους Σπερς φέρεται να έχει στα χέρια του ο Γιάννης Μπουρούσης που όπως είναι γνωστός μένει ελέυθερος από τον Ολυμπιακό και βρίσκεται μπροστά σε ένα μεγάλο δίλλημα. Ελλάδα ή ΝΒΑ;
Οι ετήσιες οικονομικές αποδοχές του θα φτάσουν το 1.7 εκατ. ευρώ, ενώ συνολικά ο παίκτης θα πάρει 12 εκατ. δολάρια αν επιλέξει το Σαν Αντόνιο.

Provided this story isn't BS, Spurs offer is $12M/3 years.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM

This make more sense because he has huge offer from Olympiacos and also Real Madrid.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM

That is a pretty big offer. How trustworthy is this source?

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Also, how does he compare to Gortat and would this money be better spent on him?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:02 PM
From Bruno

Spurs offer Ioannis Bourousis 3 years $12 million contract.

:flag::lobt2::toast:king:downspin:

Here is him in youtube

XfLG2bYlrrY&fmtl=18

D-ROB 50
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I'VE been a member here for a few months and I do read alot of posts. As you can see i rarely post myself, dont have much time. One thing I have noticed is that everyone is always bashing KBP I really dont understand why, many of you seem to start shit with him and 90% of the time he just keeps talking about basketball. Well in this case he seems to have been right in regards to Bourousis. If the spurs do sign him, which I hope they do, then can you leave the poor bastard alone. Maybe someone could explain to me why no one likes KBP, did he have something to do with our first round exit or maybe he is the reason Scola never wore silver and black? Please let me know.

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/834/834385/DX_1194910174.jpg

robot89
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
thanks for the updates bra.
your the greatest!:flag:

dougp
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Proposal for a three-year contract from the sperm is allegedly at the hands of John Bourousis which is known as left free from the Olympic and is facing a major dilemma.
Ελλάδα ή ΝΒΑ; Greece or the NBA?
Οι ετήσιες οικονομικές αποδοχές του θα φτάσουν το 1.7 εκατ. ευρώ, ενώ συνολικά ο παίκτης θα πάρει 12 εκατ. δολάρια αν επιλέξει το Σαν Αντόνιο. The annual earnings will reach 1.7 million, while overall the player will get 12 million dollars if you choose San Antonio.

Η ομάδα του Τέξας με προπονητή τον Γκρεγκ Πόποβιτς έχει πάντα ανοιχτά τα μάτια και ενδιαφέρεται για παίκτες πέρα από το ΝΒΑ, δεν είναι τυχαίο πως έχει στην σύνθεση της αθλητές όπως οι Γάλλοι Τόνι Πάρκερ και Ίαν Μαϊνμί αλλά και οι Αργεντινοί Μανού Τζινόμπιλι και Φαμπρίτσιο Ομπέρτο. The team in Texas with coach Greg Popovic always open their eyes and interest for players outside the NBA, it is no coincidence that the composition has the athletes as the French Tony Parker and Ian Mainmi and Argentinian Tzinompili Manos and Fampritsio Omperto.

Την περυσινή σεζόν μάλιστα πήραν και τα δικαιώματα του Βασίλη Σπανούλη από τους Χιούστον Ρόκετς πριν πάει ο Έλληνας γκαρντ στον Παναθηναϊκό. Last year's season and even won the rights Vassilis Spanoulis from the Houston rocket go before the Greek Panathinaikos garde.

Ο Γιάννης Μπουρούσης στον Ολυμπιακό ήταν από τους πλέον χαμηλόμισθους με 500.000 ευρώ και είναι λογικό πλέον να ζητάει ένα καλύτερο συμβόλαιο. John Bourousis the Olympic was the most low to 500,000 euros and is now reasonable to ask for a better contract.

Η ΚΑΕ Ολυμπιακός θέλει να κρατήσει τον 26χρονο σέντερ στον Πειραιά και θα του καταθέσει σύντομα επίσημη πρόταση. The KAE Olympiakos wants to keep 26chrono senter in Piraeus and will soon submit a formal proposal.
Ο Έλληνας διεθνής όπως έχει δηλώσει θέλει να μείνει στον Ολυμπιακό αλλά θα ξεκινήσει τις διαπραγματεύσεις του με τον σύλλογο με το ποσό των 2 εκατ. ευρώ για κάθε χρόνο συνεργασίας του με την ομάδα. The Greek international has also said he wants to stay in the Olympic, but will begin negotiations with the club to the tune of 2 million for each year of cooperation with the group.

Από την πλευρά της η ΚΑΕ αναμένεται να του κάνει χαμηλότερη προσφορά. For its part, the OEM is expected to make a lower offer.

dougp
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
That didn't copy over right.

Translated URL: http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tanea.gr%2Fdefault.asp%3Fpid%3D 41%26nid%3D1020448&sl=el&tl=en&history_state0=

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I'VE been a member here for a few months and I do read alot of posts. As you can see i rarely post myself, dont have much time. One thing I have noticed is that everyone is always bashing KBP I really dont understand why, many of you seem to start shit with him and 90% of the time he just keeps talking about basketball. Well in this case he seems to have been right in regards to Bourousis. If the spurs do sign him, which I hope they do, then can you leave the poor bastard alone. Maybe someone could explain to me why no one likes KBP, did he have something to do with our first round exit or maybe he is the reason Scola never wore silver and black? Please let me know.
I can explain it simply. It happens because of articles like "Bourousis will be the Spurs savior." We came in here and said he might be a good addition, but Tim Duncan was a savior..David Robinson was a savior..Michael Jordan was a savior. This guy's never even played in the NBA...wouldn't call him a savior. He proceeded to call all Americans fools and idiots. Any time anyone disagreed with him in any way, shape or form, he would call them fools and idiots for having opinions that weren't the same as his. Then, he tries to portray himself as a greek living in Panama when he's posting from Mountain Home, Arkansas with a Comcast IP...he's a troll who enjoys insulting people...so we insult back. Now, people are saying Bourousis sucks (I'm not one of them) just to piss him off. Can't blame them..the guy's been a total asshole to some of the best posters in here (Bruno, for one).

Bruno
06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
That is a pretty big offer. How trustworthy is this source?

I don't know at all how legit is this source.
News coming from Europe are often far from being reliable, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow, the euro talent must really suck for Pargo to be the number 2 free agent over season.
So HorrIBourousis does suck, eh?
Thanks moron. :lmao

All the spurs offered was half the LLE. He must REALLY suck then. :lol
Witness the coming of Rasho V.2

Oh god..
To be honest, what would be wrong with having Rasho right now as a backup to Gooden?

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Also, if this is true, two questions:

Are Spurs fans happy with this and how does this effect 2010 plan?

What are the odds he accepts the offer and comes to the Spurs?

DesignatedT
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Interesting....

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
obviously

celldweller
06-04-2009, 04:16 PM

Translated URL: http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tanea.gr%2Fdefault.asp%3Fpid%3D 41%26nid%3D1020448&sl=el&tl=en&history_state0=

Yea, the "sperm" thing didn't sound to right. I thought I was reading something from "spork killer" :lol

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 04:16 PM
The translated title is hilarious...

The sperm in the proposed three-year contract Bourousi

Um...what? lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I can explain it simply. It happens because of articles like "Bourousis will be the Spurs savior." We came in here and said he might be a good addition, but Tim Duncan was a savior..David Robinson was a savior..Michael Jordan was a savior. This guy's never even played in the NBA...wouldn't call him a savior. He proceeded to call all Americans fools and idiots. Any time anyone disagreed with him in any way, shape or form, he would call them fools and idiots for having opinions that weren't the same as his. Then, he tries to portray himself as a greek living in Panama when he's posting from Mountain Home, Arkansas with a Comcast IP...he's a troll who enjoys insulting people...so we insult back. Now, people are saying Bourousis sucks (I'm not one of them) just to piss him off. Can't blame them..the guy's been a total asshole to some of the best posters in here (Bruno, for one).

You are just a mean person to me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Also, how does he compare to Gortat and would this money be better spent on him?

I like Gortat but Bourousis is a much more talented player I think. Bourousis can actually score a lot of points and he is a BETTER REBOUNDER than Gortat is. Bourousis is also a much bigger defender in paint area and at rim.

Bourousis has 3 point range and a good jump shot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't know at all how legit is this source.
News coming from Europe are often far from being reliable, so take it with a grain of salt.

News coming from USA

"Iraq has WMD"

"Saddam did 9/11"

Cheney in last couple days "I never said this"

yes of course USA news is "more trustworthy" than Europe news:rolleyes

Actually, US media is rank as #37 most trustworthy in the world by official UN study and panel on the world medias. THIRTY SEVEN.

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
News coming from USA

"Iraq has WMD"

"Saddam did 9/11"

yes of course USA news is "more trustworthy" than Europe news:rolleyes

Actually, US media is rank as #37 most trustworthy in the world by official UN study and panel on the world medias. THIRTY SEVEN.

Which has what, exactly, to do with basketball?

Bruno never said news from the US was more reliable. Stop making shit up comcast boy.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:26 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3893/gospursgo1.png

Very Nice!

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 04:27 PM

because of shit like this:

News coming from USA

"Iraq has WMD"

"Saddam did 9/11"

yes of course USA news is "more trustworthy" than Europe news

Well that and he lies about being Greek.

D-ROB 50
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Thank you for some background, now lets just talk basketball.
Savior, hell no but he is better than any big other than timmy we have. If he can give 12 pts 7 boards we succeeded.

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Isn't that what Dwight Gooden was supposed to give you guys?

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 04:30 PM

No because he retired when he lost his fastball.

Drew Gooden, on the other hand, could help the Spurs.

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:31 PM
^ lol..ok ya got me. Drew Gooden

Scola
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Never seen this guy play, but at least hes under 30 :)
7ft, 280 lbs, Age 25
I thought we were over the cap, is this part of our MLE?

D-ROB 50
06-04-2009, 04:34 PM

No,..thats what Scola was supposed to give us. :depressed

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:36 PM

NBA scout that was at the Olympiacos TAU game said that Bourousis is like 7 feet version of Carl Landry.

lcroock
06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Three things this would mean:
1) MLE is basically gone, so we won't be able to sign someone like T.Ariza/M.Williams to solidify our SF spot.
2) Gooden is gone
3) Potentially hurts our chances of getting Splitter next year. I would imagine that Splitter will demand a bigger contract than this one.

I don't like the looks of this. This guy might have size but how much does this help us now and in the future? I don't know that he will be able to block shots at the NBA level due to his lack of foot speed. He kind of moves around the court like Vlade Divac, of course without Vlade's skills. We really need an intimidator down low. We shall see I guess...

Kindergarten Cop
06-04-2009, 04:44 PM

"the sperm is allegedly at the hands of John Bourousis "

:wow:lol

celldweller
06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
very nice!

Σας ευχαριστούμε

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Who else is interested? The Memphis Grizzlies, the Golden State Warriors, the Orlando Magic, the Miami Heat, and the San Antonio Spurs. Maybe Rockets. Anyone else?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=904021

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
hmmm doubt that. Landry can handle the rock and has the potential to develop an outside game that would make him very dangerous.

objective
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Three things this would mean:
1) MLE is basically gone, so we won't be able to sign someone like T.Ariza/M.Williams to solidify our SF spot.
2) Gooden is gone
3) Potentially hurts our chances of getting Splitter next year. I would imagine that Splitter will demand a bigger contract than this one.

I don't like the looks of this. This guy might have size but how much does this help us now and in the future? I don't know that he will be able to block shots at the NBA level due to his lack of foot speed. He kind of moves around the court like Vlade Divac, of course without Vlade's skills. We really need an intimidator down low. We shall see I guess...

I like the offer, though it's somewhat low for him. Cheaper than Gortat.

1. Ariza is a zero-chance signing.
2. I'm glad Gooden is gone.
3. Gives them flexibility with Splitter, who could still never come over. If the Spurs have Bourousis, they could be more likely to include Splitter's rights in a trade.

Bourousis doesn't really block shots at a big level like Javtokas, but he's a hell of a rebounder and can spread the floor at least as well as Rasho/Kurt Thomas.

Indazone
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I think Gortat is overvalued.

Libri
06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
but he's a hell of a rebounder

I like the sound of this.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
hmmm doubt that. Landry can handle the rock and has the potential to develop an outside game that would make him very dangerous.

My opinion would be Bourousis is similar to Bargnani with much much much much much much much much much much much much much better rebounding and also some post skills.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Better not be another Rasho Nesterovic...Last thing the Spurs need is another slow, jump-shooting big man(Bonner has that position filled).

Ocotillo
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Can free agents be offered contracts already?

robert1886
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
seriously guys spurs cant be too picky on finding a center not too many options open...this guy looks like he can really help us and pop and r.c clearly like this guy to offer him a contract....kill_bill you think this guy will sign with us ?

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 04:58 PM
He is not nearly as athletic as Bargnani.

peacemaker885
06-04-2009, 04:59 PM
From Bruno

Here is him in youtube

XfLG2bYlrrY&fmtl=18

This could be redemption for you KBP. Hope this is true.

Bukefal
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
This could be redemption for you KBP. Hope this is true.

:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
My opinion would be Bourousis is similar to Bargnani with much much much much much much much much much much much much much better rebounding and also some post skills.

That sounds good.

Kill_Bill_Pana
Who else is interested? The Memphis Grizzlies, the Golden State Warriors, the Orlando Magic, the Miami Heat, and the San Antonio Spurs. Maybe Rockets. Anyone else?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=904021

Draftexpress said it was 10 NBA teams offered him contract last summer. Of course he could not go last summer because he was under Olympiacos contract. I am sure Rockets with no Mutombo, with Yao injury issues and stamina issues and with other "centers" like Hayes and Dorsey then I am sure the Rockets would be begging to get Bourousis.

After all in STATS that your Morey is so famous for Bourousis was rated as #1 player in Euroleague per minute this year for the efficiency ranking and the PER I think he was #2 and he was also leading the Euroleague in rebounding.

But the Greek national team players have said before the best Greek player is Spanoulis and Rockets did not play him. I wonder how Morey would explain all the lies and treatment of Spanoulis to Bourousis. I wonder how Morey would explain threads like this from the Rockets fans to him about one of his good friends and the best Greek player.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=169915

Or all the racists in the Rockets fans against Greeks? All the Greek bashing and racism in the fan forum? All the Greek players have looked at that site.

SouthTexasRancher
06-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Draftexpress.com

Overseas Free Agents

This is America and English is our main language. Spanish is our second language. So please translate that link if you expect anyone to give a serious point/counterpoint to your premise or at least the supposed premise of the article in the link. TIA

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 05:04 PM
He is not nearly as athletic as Bargnani.

I assure you that Bourousis runs the floor at least as good and for sure he jumps higher than Bargnani does.

Bukefal
06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Lol at every one of you only just now taking KBP suddenly serious and going into conversation with him.

Anyway, I hope for you KBP this is true here. Finally your dream of a Greek player in the NBA and Spurs is maybe coming true! I would not mind the guy playing with us.

:toast Gia mas!

Indazone
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Draftexpress said it was 10 NBA teams offered him contract last summer. Of course he could not go last summer because he was under Olympiacos contract. I am sure Rockets with no Mutombo, with Yao injury issues and stamina issues and with other "centers" like Hayes and Dorsey then I am sure the Rockets would be begging to get Bourousis.

After all in STATS that your Morey is so famous for Bourousis was rated as #1 player in Euroleague per minute this year for the efficiency ranking and the PER I think he was #2 and he was also leading the Euroleague in rebounding.

But the Greek national team players have said before the best Greek player is Spanoulis and Rockets did not play him. I wonder how Morey would explain all the lies and treatment of Spanoulis to Bourousis. I wonder how Morey would explain threads like this from the Rockets fans to him about one of his good friends and the best Greek player.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=169915

Or all the racists in the Rockets fans against Greeks? All the Greek bashing and racism in the fan forum? All the Greek players have looked at that site.

That's easy. All Morey has to do is tell him that this is Rick Adleman's team and the coach makes the ultimate decisions as to minutes played. All he has to do is emphasize what a great coach Rick Adleman is and how he's a players coach. Then point at Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry as examples how he's not afraid to play new players. As for CF's. He can just say that it doens't represent Houston or the Rockets and distance himself from the board.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 05:13 PM
seriously guys spurs cant be too picky on finding a center not too many options open...this guy looks like he can really help us and pop and r.c clearly like this guy to offer him a contract....kill_bill you think this guy will sign with us ?

He has two real obvious options stay in Olympiacos or Spurs.

Bourousis has say over and over he will one day play in NBA and this is his dream and what he wants. Also Spurs have alwsys been his team of choice.

If he stays in Olympiacos he will get more money but the problem is the same. EVERY YEAR they will lose to Panathinaikos. He will have much easier time winning NBA championship with Spurs than he would ever have winning even Greek championship with Olynpiacos. because no matter what Panathinaikos is in the way.

Spurs have such good rep with foreign players (except Scola and Splitter). Spurs are for sure most popular NBA team in Greece also. I am not sure because I know Olympiacos will do everything possible to keep him and of course remember that Olympiacos is much richer club than Spurs are.

But this is greatest chance and opportunity for Bourousis. My advice to him is got to Spurs he is crazy if he does not do it. Spanoulis to this day is everywhere he go he gets ridiculed and called names in Greece because he refused to play for Spurs. Bourousis is right now starting center of Greek national team over Koufos and if he goes to Spurs his status will be even higher.

Maybe even he will become #2 player on national team after Spanoulis even more important than Papaloukas or Diamantidis. So I will say Ioannis is crazy and stupid if he does not sign with Spurs. He will never get a chance this perfect again.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:14 PM
http://assets.in.gr/dGenesis/assets/Content5/Photo/1020448_b.jpg

Brazil
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
cannot be worst than bonner anyway, only issue he cannot keep his 9 jersey.

Libri
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Is he known as a tough or soft player?

objective
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I hope he signs just so I can see the reaction on the forum the first time Bourousis has a big game and KBP gloats and starts 3 new threads over it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Not many know a whole lot about Bourousis, except for possibly KBP, objective, and Bruno, so this is just one of those (possible) signings you have to trust the FO with. Welcome, Ioannis. That is, if he signs.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:20 PM
he like to work in the pick and role
that is gooooooooooooooooood

Solid D
06-04-2009, 05:21 PM
From Bruno

Here is him in youtube

XfLG2bYlrrY&fmtl=18

KBP, show us your amazing Greek translation skills.

robert1886
06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
well i hope he signs with us because we desperately need some help besides timmy...and i dont think we can get any through free agency in the nba...i am not high on Gortat

objective
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Not many know a whole lot about Bourousis, except for possibly KBP, objective, and Bruno, so this is just one of those (possible) signings you have to trust the FO with.

lol, don't count me in with them, I don't know much more than watching a couple of games (like against Tau). Beyond the little game footage I can catch online I just read DX and Interbasket like everyone else.

BUT what I do know is how little I think of the Spurs bigs not named Tim Duncan.

Speaking of watching stuff online, there should be a Viktor Sanikidze highlight video on Youtube in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Bukefal
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
But still, this is Greek media + its only a rumor. I know exactly the way how Balkan media are working. So, don't get excited too fast now, until we get some real reliable sources.

Brazil
06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope he signs just so I can see the reaction on the forum the first time Bourousis has a big game and KBP gloats and starts 3 new threads over it.

:lol +1 this is the worst part.

Me pray that trade not happening.

D-ROB 50
06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
If he has a decent jumpshot and can rebound and defend better than Bonner, Lets get it done. If we can make our way into the first round and snag Casspi, and then get a decent guy in the second round (i like that Nando De Colo kid) we could be much improved from last years stand point.

Is this a possibility
c Bourousis
pf Timmy
sf Casspi
sg Manu
pg Tony

C Kt, Mahimi
pf
sf Gist, Bowen
sg Mason, Hill
pg

I let you Brains fill in the blanks. What do we think.

timvp
06-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I'd probably support a signing of Brontosaurus. He might bust because he looks a bit out of shape and he's going to face much more physical players in the NBA -- not to mention he's an awkward athlete. But the Spurs so desperately need a legit center who could start next to Duncan that I'm willing to roll the dice.

Just gotta hope he doesn't turn out like Hamed Haddadi and that his shot blocking improves. If the $12M number is accurate, that's a pretty big risk, though. If he busts, the Spurs will have to waste a few assets to dump the salary.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I'd probably support a signing of Brontosaurus. He might bust because he looks a bit out of shape and he's going to face much more physical players in the NBA -- not to mention he's an awkward athlete. But the Spurs so desperately need a legit center who could start next to Duncan that I'm willing to roll the dice.

Just gotta hope he doesn't turn out like Hamed Haddadi and that his shot blocking improves. If the $12M number is accurate, that's a pretty big risk, though. If he busts, the Spurs will have to waste a few assets to dump the salary.
be very good if it was 6 not 12
read agent was going to ask for atleast 2 million a year

timvp
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Watching him in this game I downloaded, he has the frame and moves kinda like a young Michael Olowokandi. He also seems to get tired pretty easily.

Pretty good prospect from what I'm seeing but I think the Spurs should hold off on making a hard offer until seeing how the market shakes out. With so many teams looking to shed salary and other teams scared to add more salary, there might be better options available.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Just can't buy it , sorry. No writer here , just another salt n' pepa article. Bourousis manager was today in a meeting with Yanakis and Aggelopoulos Brothers. So that article just saying that agent will ask 2m per year.

Indazone
06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Watching him in this game I downloaded, he has the frame and moves kinda like a young Michael Olowokandi. He also seems to get tired pretty easily.

Pretty good prospect from what I'm seeing but I think the Spurs should hold off on making a hard offer until seeing how the market shakes out. With so many teams looking to shed salary and other teams scared to add more salary, there might be better options available.

Ahh that's the moneyball attitude right there. Also he would be better served to wait and field other offers to see how much he can get for his services.

Kill_Bill_Pana
KBP, show us your amazing Greek translation skills.

Spurs Offer Bourousis Three Year Contract

NBA Or Olympiacos?

The three year contract offer from the Spurs to Ioannis Bourousis who remains a free agent of Olympiacos gives him a big dilemma. Greece or the NBA?

With San Antonio Spurs he would make $12 million dollars.

The team from Texas with the head coach Greg Popovich has an open mind and it is interested in foreign players outside the NBA. It is no accident the club has French players Tony Parker and Ian Mahinmi and also the Argentinian players Manu Ginobili and Fabricio Oberto.

They also got the rights to Greek guard Vassilis Spanoulis from the Houston Rockets before he left back to Greece for Panathinaikos.

Ioannis Bourousis was only making €500,000 euros in Olympiacos as he was one of the lowest paid players on the team and so it is fair that he should get a much bigger contract now.

Olympiacos wants to keep the 26 year old center in Piraeus and they will give him an official contract offer very soon. The Greek national team center has said before that he would like to stay in Olympiacos but he will start negotiations with the club at an asking price of €2 millions euros per season.

This is basically I think how this would be written if it was in US media. Hope this helps.

DPG21920
If accurate that would be a significant hit to the 2010 plan.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:46 PM

tp wanted help now
maybe 2010 out the window
or if they trade manu for 5 pick
they get some capspace back

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:46 PM
They also got the rights to Greek guard Vassilis Spanoulis from the Houston Rockets before he left back to Greece for Panathinaikos. could he be a spur?

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:48 PM

chandler avaible
maybe camby
gooden
both have problems

what else big is there

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
tp wanted help now

They would have more cap space if they hang onto Manu and let him expire. If they traded him they would have the cap space - the 1st round rookie scale contract (80%-120%) from the 5th pick.

Players are not coaches for a reason. Players do not always know what is best. 2010 should only be out of the window if they can get a player who significantly boost their chances to win a title.

Bourousis would help, but not be enough and the Spurs would have less to work with via FA to upgrade. Not to mention he is unproven.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Spurs no longer have V-Spans rights. They gave them up.

ducks
06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
They would have more cap space if they hang onto Manu and let him expire. If they traded him they would have the cap space - the 1st round rookie scale contract (80%-120%) from the 5th pick.

Players are not coaches for a reason. Players do not always know what is best. 2010 should only be out of the window if they can get a player who significantly boost their chances to win a title.

Bourousis would help, but not be enough and the Spurs would have less to work with via FA to upgrade. Not to mention he is unproven.

they would have more capspace but not the talent of the 5 pick

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 05:55 PM
If the Spurs sign Bourousis, that Wiz trade might not happen because that would put the Spurs over the luxury tax for sure.

benefactor
06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
I have a hard time believing that we are offering him that big of a contract. I'll believe it when a legit source reports it.

rold50
06-04-2009, 06:21 PM
tp wanted help now

How can the Spurs get more cap space by trading Manu for the 5 th pick?
The wizards are over the cap, so they can't just absorb Manu's contract. They need to include another player with the ~same amount of Manu's salary with the 5th pick for any trade to work.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Not to mention if the Spurs sign Halitosis, that would eat into the FA money for 2010, especially if it is at the rumored 4M per year. Yikes. In context, if Halitosis works out, that is not a lot of money for a legit starting center, but it would hurt the Spurs chances of landing a bigger FA somewhat.

benefactor
06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread:
Bullshit Detector

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
How can the Spurs get more cap space by trading Manu for the 5 th pick?
The wizards are over the cap, so they can't just absorb Manu's contract. They need to include another player with the ~same amount of Manu's salary with the 5th pick for any trade to work.

It would be something like 5th pick plus Etan Thomas and Nick Young for Manu. That would work

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
It would be something like 5th pick plus Etan Thomas and Nick Young for Manu. That would work

Yes, but that would not give them more cap space to which he was referring. If you trade Manu and get players + a pick with guaranteed salary, it will lessen the Spurs cap space.

It might not be a huge deal, especially if the player you get pans out well on a cheap contract. But the point it it will not improve the Spurs cap space for 2010.

Solid D
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
they would have more capspace but not the talent of the 5 pick

James Harden patterns his game after Manu but James Harden is nowhere near the player Manu Ginobili is, even an 80% effective Manu. Same goes for Tyreke Evans and Jordan Hill.

They would certainly be cheaper players over the next 3 years, however.

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, but that would not give them more cap space to which he was referring. If you trade Manu and get players + a pick with guaranteed salary, it will lessen the Spurs cap space.

It might not be a huge deal, especially if the player you get pans out well on a cheap contract. But the point it it will not improve the Spurs cap space for 2010.

What free agents in 2010 will put the spurs as their number 1 priority with 20 other teams having the same cap space?

Blackjack
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
James Harden patterns his game after Manu but James Harden is nowhere near the player Manu Ginobili is, even an 80% effective Manu. Same goes for Tyreke Evans and Jordan Hill.

They would certainly be cheaper players over the next 3 years, however.

So the Spurs ship Manu to Wiz., take Harden/Evans/etc. at 5, and then re-sign Manu as their '10 free-agent.

If it's Harden taken with the 5th, he gets Manu as a mentor for a couple of years before he eventually has to take over his role, and the Spurs would finally be able to land a marquis free-agent with their cap room.:smokin (And yes, this is all tongue-in-cheek;))

rayray2k8
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I hope another team overpays for this piece of shit.

Indazone
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Maybe the Spurs front office learned their lesson from Scola. Sign him and dump Bonner.

rayray2k8
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe the Spurs front office learned their lesson from Scola. Sign him and dump Bonner.

Actually it's more like dumping Bonner for Euro Bonner...

smrattler
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I thought Bourousis was some skin disorder.

benefactor
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I thought Bourousis was some skin disorder.
It's actually a sexually transmitted disease. It can be treated though.

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I hope another teams overpay for this piece of shit.

if they do not play for the spurs they suck now?

smrattler
06-04-2009, 11:24 PM
He's good player Greek good and Euro league type can make shot himself unlike Bowen old and dirty, needs poopie diaper change.

rayray2k8
06-05-2009, 01:40 AM
if they do not play for the spurs they suck now?

He sucks, period.
Looks like a slower and dumber version of Vlade Divac.

Bruno
06-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Another Greek article on the subject :
http://www.e-tipos.com/newsitem?id=93604

So :
- Spurs offer is $10.5M/3 years.
- Pop talk to Bourousis at the Euroleague final 4.
- Parker called him to convince him to sign in SA.
- Spurs give him flight tickets to SA so that he could see Spurs' facilities/organization.

Bukefal
06-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Lol at the Greek naming of Spurs being automatically translated into Sperm :lmao

timvp
06-05-2009, 05:35 AM

So :
- Spurs give him flight tickets to SA so that he could see Spurs' facilities/organization.

It looks like the article also says that Pop promised that he'd play. The quote from Pop appears to be: "You are my choice, I believe in you and I want you to come play in San Antonio."

I watched a couple games of his today and he's far from a sure bet to translate to the NBA .... but the Spurs need to strike gold and he appears to have a pretty high ceiling. He also could bust but there's a chance he turns into a Chris Kaman type player that is a better shooter but not as good of a rebounder or passer.

But I won't get my hopes up. The Greek media can be making this up and even if they're not, another team could easily come in and offer him a better contract.

I like that the Spurs are thinking outside the box and they are doing it to fill a bigman spot. The small forward spot is also glaring but this team needs to give Duncan a capable big if they are going to have any shot at a championship.

Bruno
06-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Yep, it could easily be some BS created either by some newspapers or by Bourrousis' agent to help his client to get a bigger contract from Oly.

Let's say the info is true and Spurs have really offered a $10.5M/3 years contract to Bourousis.
First, the NBA FA period will start in one month and Spurs are ready to spend more than half of their MLE to Bourousis. It means that they should be damn high on him.
Second, it could also mean that Spurs will go away of the 2010 plan. If they get Bourousis, they will lose $3M in cap space for the 2010 summer. It doesn't sound like 2010 plan compliant. If Spurs get away of the 2010 plan, they could try to fix the SF problem with a trade.

06-05-2009, 08:03 AM
according to the same draft express, bourousis's ceiling is troy murphy. not exactly striking gold here. i would expect the spurs to look around before offering him a contract one month before the NBA FA period, especially with some very solid FA bigmen available (mcdyess, wallace, anderson, gortat, etc.). spurs are also still struggling with having a surplus of bigmen but unable to find an effective one to place next to duncan.

kobyz
06-05-2009, 08:22 AM
i thought that we need an athletic big!!

mountainballer
06-05-2009, 08:25 AM

So :

I can see that this happened like reported in this article. the numbers look pretty plausible, similar to what Fab got some years ago.

Summers
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM
according to the same draft express, bourousis's ceiling is troy murphy. not exactly striking gold here. i would expect the spurs to look around before offering him a contract one month before the NBA FA period, especially with some very solid FA bigmen available (mcdyess, wallace, anderson, gortat, etc.). spurs are also still struggling with having a surplus of bigmen but unable to find an effective one to place next to duncan.

But Troy Murphy isn't a bad player to be compared to. We don't need another HOF'er, but this guy is young and sounds like the kind of workhorse presence in the paint and scorer the Spurs need. I'm definitely okay with them taking a gamble on this kid. He's probably better than anything they can get out of the draft.

Summers
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM

So :

Bruno, it is saying he's already had a tour of SA or they've invited him to come? And do you have a sense of what kind of article this is (is it rumor or is a journalist quoting "sources"?)

Bruno
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Bruno, it is saying he's already had a tour of SA or they've invited him to come? And do you have a sense of what kind of article this is (is it rumor or is a journalist quoting "sources"?)

I'm not Greek, so I will have a hard time telling you how reliable is the source of the info.
When I "babel-read" this article, it says that Spurs have send him open flight tickets to SA. He hasn't come to SA for the moment.

pad300
06-05-2009, 10:17 AM
But Troy Murphy isn't a bad player to be compared to. We don't need another HOF'er, but this guy is young and sounds like the kind of workhorse presence in the paint and scorer the Spurs need. I'm definitely okay with them taking a gamble on this kid. He's probably better than anything they can get out of the draft.

Yeah Troy Murphy is pretty close to a double-double for his career. And he has range; for the last 3 years he's average .395 or higher from the 3. A Troy Murphy who's willing to put effort in on D is a very nice player...And this guy (6'11, 247, long wingspan) is big enough to bang with anyone, including Yao, when necessary.

pad300
06-05-2009, 10:18 AM
One thing about this offer is that it is much earlier than the NBA free agent period and the draft. I suspect that it has a deadline to it, so that the Spurs will know what they have before making deals on draft day. Similarly a deadline will leave them in a position to have Bouroussis either signed with them or out of their plans by the time the NBA FA period starts (they will either start that period with a full MLE, allowing them to pursue MLE FA of choice, or with Bouroussis signed and only the remains the MLE to work with…). That strikes me as a smart bit of business...

wildbill2u
06-05-2009, 10:18 AM
He sucks, period.
Looks like a slower and dumber version of Vlade Divac.

God, I wish we had Vlade in his prime here now.

DPG21920
06-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Not to mention if the Spurs sign Halitosis, that would eat into the FA money for 2010, especially if it is at the rumored 4M per year. Yikes. In context, if Halitosis works out, that is not a lot of money for a legit starting center, but it would hurt the Spurs chances of landing a bigger FA somewhat.

Yep, it could easily be some BS created either by some newspapers or by Bourrousis' agent to help his client to get a bigger contract from Oly.

Let's say the info is true and Spurs have really offered a $10.5M/3 years contract to Bourousis.
First, the NBA FA period will start in one month and Spurs are ready to spend more than half of their MLE to Bourousis. It means that they should be damn high on him.
Second, it could also mean that Spurs will go away of the 2010 plan. If they get Bourousis, they will lose $3M in cap space for the 2010 summer. It doesn't sound like 2010 plan compliant. If Spurs get away of the 2010 plan, they could try to fix the SF problem with a trade.

There is a discrepency between the first reported offer and the one Bruno posted now. Who knows what the Spurs offered or if they even made an offer.

I agree the Spurs would need to add another piece to contend at it would have to be a SF. That is a lot of risk to take, even more risky than cap space and FA in 2010.

But this does make sense if you are trying to contend and be budget conscious. 3.4M for a starting center that can contribute is much more realistic for the Spurs than trading for a center that makes 10M.

ducks
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Parker called him to convince him to sign in SA.

hope he has better luck then that duncan fellow does
to convince people to come

Indazone
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Prediction - Spurs sign this guy. Vspan follows
Board Implodes because KBP will follow with a Gazillion posts gloating about it. :lol

gio_1908
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Board Implodes because KBP will follow with a Gazillion posts gloating about it. :lol

i have exactly the same opinion about this.
this could happen :lol

Russ
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Is Bourousis the answer to the Spurs big man quest?

They could use some luck after Scola, Splitter, Mahinmi, Butler.

If this guys comes, I bet he won't disappoint. Parker calling to him with a sales pitch is a good sign - I don't think TP is easily impressed (never seeming enthusiastic about fellow countryman Mahinmi).

Mel_13
06-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Parker called him to convince him to sign in SA.

hope he has better luck then that duncan fellow does
to convince people to come

Parker failed to convince VSpan to stay with Spurs, maybe he has better luck with Bourousis.

gio_1908
06-05-2009, 11:45 AM
It was under other condition with vspan before 2 years. Things have changed since then, maybe he will have a better luck now, if he try s again!

Indazone
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually it's more like dumping Bonner for Euro Bonner...

lmao@ EuroBonner!

Blackjack
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Gambling on Bouroussis?

Several weeks ago I wrote about two Euroleague stars for whom the Spurs could have interest, and one of those stars was Yiannis Bouroussis. Turns out others think so too. Maybe even the Spurs.

According to reports out of Greece, the Spurs have offered Bouroussis a 3 year contract worth between 10.5 and 12 million. We’ve not received confirmation from anyone within the Spurs organization, so proceed with caution.

If true, this means the Spurs have offered him a significant share of their MLE. According to the reports, the Spurs made their offer during their recent trip to the Euroleague Final Four.

Bouroussis signing with the Spurs makes sense on several levels. He’s tremendous in the pick and roll and has three point range. His per minute stats are off the charts. The Spurs are making a calculated gamble, and the potential payoff is huge. When John Hollinger begins to translate his stats from Europe to the NBA, he’ll need to unbutton his collar and wipe the steam off his glasses. Bouroussis is all kinds of productive.

Still, I’m ambivalent. The Spurs’ interest in Bouroussis is something of an open secret. Most of this post has been collecting dust in my draft folder for a few months. In anticipation of the news, I’ve been asking people I trust for player evaluation one question: does Bouroussis have the lateral foot speed to guard in the NBA? Every time I’ve watched him play, this question remained unanswered in my mind.

One of the people I put the question to is Christophe Ney of European Prospects. His response, dating back almost a month, is noteworthy:

Of course, Bouroussis is not the quickest guy around. Having him defending the mobile centers in the NBA would probably be a disaster. But he is very, very physical and is a good defender on power and physical bangers in the post. The foul problem you mention may be right because the way he defends would probably cause a lot of calls in the NBA. But still, he is only 25, so he still has a lot of room for improvement. Most centers reach their best playing level around 30.

The question remains, though, is he actually interested to play in the NBA? I read the rumors, but I don’t know if they’re true. The Spurs executives do great research prior to making offers, so I believe that they only made an offer if they are sure that Bouroussis is interested. In fact, most of the Greek players prefer to play in the Euroleague and Bouroussis is really the symbol of his Olympiacos team. In my opinion, the chances to see him move to the NBA are not very great.

How might this effect the Spurs’ roster?

1. You can shoot the Rasheed Wallace rumors in the head. Or, simply fill in the blank with your MLE hopeful.

2. The Spurs future frontcourt is shaping into a medium risk/high reward situation, at least under the Bouroussis scenario. It’s not inconceivable that the final two years of Duncan’s contract will involve a big rotation of Duncan/Mahinmi/Bouroussis/Splitter. Add one quick, uberathletic 4 to the list and you’ve got a really nice mix of talent.

3. If Bouroussis accepts the reported offer, the Spurs will have to address their wing and backcourt needs via trades and the draft.

4. 2010?

(HT: Bruno, for finding the links)

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/06/05/gambling-on-bouroussis/

samikeyp
06-05-2009, 12:35 PM
lmao@ EuroBonner!

Well, if he plays for the Spurs, he already has a nickname! :lol

Libri
06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
A better deal would be a 2 year contract with a team option for the second year.

Stump
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
A better deal would be a 2 year contract with a team option for the second year.
Fewer years and team options usually means the salary per year has to be substantially higher, doesn't it?

Assuming this rumor is true, I wonder if the third year is a player option.

Mel_13
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM

Better for the Spurs, but much less likely to get a deal done.

Thompson
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Exactly, Bourousis might not make the jump if the contract were smaller. Also (optimistic view) maybe we'll be glad to have him for 3 years for (relatively) little money if he proves to be a good player, freeing up money to be spent elsewhere.

Bruno
06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
http://www.sportnet.gr/report.aspx?id=189875

Summary:
Bourousis has had a first meeting with Olympiacos. He wants more money and/or year for his contract. Spurs offer is better than Olympiacos' initial offer. Bourousis will have a second meeting with Olympiacos to try to get a better contract. Spurs offer is 4 years long.

It damn sounds like Bourousis agent is using Spurs to get more money from Olympiacos. I'm not even sure Spurs are truly interested in Bourousis and have made an offer for him.

timvp
06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
according to the same draft express, bourousis's ceiling is troy murphy. not exactly striking gold here.For $3.5M per year, getting 14 points and 12 rebounds per game like Murphy would definitely be striking gold. The Spurs don't need a fourth star but if they could get something like 12 points, eight rebounds and 1.5 blocks from a big next to Duncan, that'd be a tremendous help and help keep the window open.

And besides, Bourousis isn't too much like Murphy. Bourousis is a lot bulkier and isn't anywhere near the shooter. Murphy plays like a perimeter four, Bourousis has to be a five. Not a very good comparison at all.

Eh, it doesn't really matter. If the 2010 Plan is going to be pushed forward to now, it pretty much turns into a free for all until Duncan hangs it up. It'd be nice to give as little money guaranteed in case Brontosaurus busts, obviously, but if Pop thinks this guy is the real deal .... I'd hope that a third-year team option isn't the deal breaker.

timvp
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Summary:
Bourousis has had a first meeting with Olympiacos. He wants more money and/or year for his contract. Spurs offer is better than Olympiacos' initial offer. Bourousis will have a second meeting with Olympiacos to try to get a better contract. Spurs offer is 4 years long.

It damn sounds like Bourousis agent is using Spurs to get more money from Olympiacos. I'm not even sure Spurs are truly interested in Bourousis and have made an offer for him.Yeah the Greek need to figure out how much this supposed offer to Brontosaurus is worth. Every time they come up with new figures and present it as fact.

And it does look like he's using the Spurs to get a bigger deal to stay home. If he actually wants to come to the Spurs, he wouldn't be begging his team to match the supposed offer. :td

He plays for a rich team that isn't afraid to spend money. The only way the Spurs snag him away is if Brontosaurus actually wants to come to San Antonio and believes that he can eventually cash in with a big contract in the NBA. If it comes down to a short-term financial decision, the Spurs can't win this bidding war.

DPG21920
06-05-2009, 03:23 PM

Summary:

It damn sounds like Bourousis agent is using Spurs to get more money from Olympiacos. I'm not even sure Spurs are truly interested in Bourousis and have made an offer for him.

If his dream is to play in the NBA, like some have said, he would not be waiting for an offer that would be just slightly better than the supposed Spurs offer.

If he is not expected to get an offer for much more than the Spurs supposed offer from Olympiacos, he would clearly try and fulfill his dream. This leads me to believe there is no real offer and his agent is using the Spurs to drum up a better contract.

Ocotillo
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
He may ask for a clause in the contract that let's him out if he gets homesick and wants to go back to the motherland. :lol

Pucho!!!
06-05-2009, 03:32 PM
this might sound like a silly question, but what exactly r the rules when an nba team wants to sign a euro FA b4 the nba FA signing period? Do they have to wait for a certain period or what?

GioSugar
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Summary:

:tu That's what i am saying yesterday. Manager game for a better contract. There are no details for the offer. Just his manager said that Spurs made an offer.

benefactor
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks like the same sun that shines in the US shines in Greece. They have learned to do what NBA teams already do...say the Spurs name for more money.

ducks
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
spurs offer 4 years
have him have the option after 2 years spurs still own rights and if he does not blow up he still has contract

Bukefal
06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not Greek, so I will have a hard time telling you how reliable is the source of the info.
When I "babel-read" this article, it says that Spurs have send him open flight tickets to SA. He hasn't come to SA for the moment.

This source is not reliable enough. Especially, when its only Greek sources claiming this. Balkan press agencies should not be believed immediately, I know this very well. They like to lift dust, when afterwards it all turns out a big nothing. You can see it more as a gossip magazine. But, it does not mean that there isnt any truth in these articles though. Maybe it is, but we should wait for some other neutral sources.

objective
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who finds it particularly frustrating that Pop puts forth the extra effort and goes well out of his way to personally visit free agents like Rasho and Bourousis . . . but couldn't be bothered to do anything with players like Splitter and Scola?

Bruno
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Am I the only one who finds it particularly frustrating that Pop puts forth the extra effort and goes well out of his way to personally visit free agents like Rasho and Bourousis

Pop hasn't made some kind of extra efforts to meet Bouroussis.

Bruno
06-06-2009, 04:57 PM
The worst case would be that Spurs are really interested in Bouroussis and he is just toying with them to get a bigger contract from Olympiacos.
Even in this worst case, Spurs will lose nothing. We are in June and Spurs can't negotiate with NBA FA, Spurs will still have all their chances for the July FA market.

jag
06-06-2009, 09:13 PM

Why would Vspan want to sign with the Spurs? Where would he find playing time?

BackHome
06-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Well he would take over as our second PG position because Hill can only defend PG he can't play like one. So he gets playing time behind Tony and then if teams are taking away Mason shot you can put him in at SG and then a little added insurance incase Manu ankle are tender.

E-RockWill
06-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Pop hasn't made some kind of extra efforts to meet Bouroussis.

From the websit "e-tipos.com" dated May 6, 2009 (translated from Greek to English using Google):

"....The other side of the Atlantic San Antonio Spurs (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/SA) exercise suffocating pressure on John Bourousi to obtain his signature. This started from the time final in Berlin on the sidelines of the player met with the president and coach of «Spirounion» Greg Popovic. The architect of the team with 4 championships in the last decade offered a three-year contract with total earnings $ 10,500,000 (7,400,000 euros). At the same time an important guarantee of participation, which will become even greater when the contract expired Fabricio Oberto (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/559436) 2010. «You are my choice, believe in and want to come play in San Antonio», were the words of Popovic....."

Flying to the Euro finals (w/ RC & Dennis Lindsey) & making it a point to speak to the guy sounds like an effort (at the very least) to me!

Mel_13
06-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Flying to the Euro finals (w/ RC & Dennis Lindsey) & making it a point to speak to the guy sounds like an effort (at the very least) to me!

Only if it actually happened.

Indazone
06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Why would Vspan want to sign with the Spurs? Where would he find playing time?

You are assuming that the Spurs keep Mason and Hill.

jag
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
You are assuming that the Spurs keep Mason and Hill.

true.

E-RockWill
06-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Touche.....

smrattler
06-06-2009, 11:23 PM
"You are my choice, believe in and want to come play in San Antonio", were the words of Popovic.....

Pop must be a little rusty on his english...

GSH
06-07-2009, 12:31 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/05/do-spurs-have-duncans-next-partner/#cont

If this guy really knows anything, there were a couple of comments about Bourosis that I really like. I'd like to believe it's true, and he's coming.

"... and anyone who follows European basketball knows Bouroussis' reputation as a bad-ass bruiser. It seems like a match made in Heaven."

"He won't be an NBA All-Star, but he'll beat up a lot of them."

Blackjack
06-07-2009, 01:00 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/05/do-spurs-have-duncans-next-partner/#cont

If this guy really knows anything, there were a couple of comments about Bourosis that I really like. I'd like to believe it's true, and he's coming.

"... and anyone who follows European basketball knows Bouroussis' reputation as a bad-ass bruiser. It seems like a match made in Heaven."

"He won't be an NBA All-Star, but he'll beat up a lot of them."

:tu

Yeah, that would be nice.

On another note.

Are the Spurs, should he sign, going to be able to make the opponent suffer from: Irritable Bourousis Syndrome?

Has it been confirmed whether his name starts with an I or a Y?(This is gots to know infotmation.:hat)

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 02:23 AM
:tu

Yeah, that would be nice.

On another note.

Are the Spurs, should he sign, going to be able to make the opponent suffer from: Irritable Bourousis Syndrome?

Has it been confirmed whether his name starts with an I or a Y?(This is gots to know infotmation.:hat)

Proper English is Ioannis Bourousis

That is how it should be spelled in English.

Blackjack
06-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Proper English is Ioannis Bourousis

That is how it should be spelled in English.

Sweet.:tu

Not only do I find out his name starts with an I, I also get taught proper english from no other than K_B_P!:lol

TimDunkem
06-07-2009, 02:48 AM
We need a bruiser on this team. Sign his Greek ass now.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Sweet.:tu

Not only do I find out his name starts with an I, I also get taught proper english from no other than K_B_P!:lol

if you want you can call him Yiannis or Giannis. Or you can call him John.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 03:17 AM
From Greek writers of Eurobasket

http://www.eurobasket.com/Greece/basketball.asp?NewsID=161415

Other Red news (behind the scenes) is that Giannis Bourousis (212-C-83) will be probably moving to the States and NBA, as he considers being the most 'hot deal' in Europe for teams that play the pick n roll, as the Greek center is among the best in the European courts.

Manufan909
06-07-2009, 04:08 AM

Could you share the link to that game?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Reports is Memphis Grizzlies GM is making a big counter offer against Spurs offer to Bourousis.

yavozerb
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Reports is Memphis Grizzlies GM is making a big counter offer against Spurs offer to Bourousis.

I am not really too worried about memphis, esp. with their history of foreign players. Anybody have word when the deadline may be for his decesion? Thanks for the updates KBP..

Indazone
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Exactly what has Memphis done to foreign players? Darko plays doesn't he?

yavozerb
06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I was thinking of how they have handled players like PAu and juan carlos navarro from last year. I also for som reason thought they picked Vasquez (but that was orlando)..With Darko and Marc Gasol in the fold in memphis I would think that would help the spurs case for more minutes.

Manufan909
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Yep, I need a legit Texas news source to believe this.

SenorSpur
06-07-2009, 02:02 PM
It looks like the article also says that Pop promised that he'd play. The quote from Pop appears to be: "You are my choice, I believe in you and I want you to come play in San Antonio."

I watched a couple games of his today and he's far from a sure bet to translate to the NBA .... but the Spurs need to strike gold and he appears to have a pretty high ceiling. He also could bust but there's a chance he turns into a Chris Kaman type player that is a better shooter but not as good of a rebounder or passer.

But I won't get my hopes up. The Greek media can be making this up and even if they're not, another team could easily come in and offer him a better contract.

I like that the Spurs are thinking outside the box and they are doing it to fill a bigman spot. The small forward spot is also glaring but this team needs to give Duncan a capable big if they are going to have any shot at a championship.

Does anyone think that Bourousis has a higher ceiling that Gortat? Since Gortat is having some success against NBA competition, that should weigh in his favor. I guess I'm wondering, from those who have observed both, which player would be a better fit for the Spurs? Gortat or Bourousis?

DPG21920
06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Higher ceiling than Gortat because of his offensive abilities alone.

TimDunkem
06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Higher ceiling than Gortat because of his offensive abilities alone.
Spot on. Bourousis has range, and a few nifty post moves.

yavozerb
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Does anyone think that Bourousis has a higher ceiling that Gortat? Since Gortat is having some success against NBA competition, that should weigh in his favor. I guess I'm wondering, from those who have observed both, which player would be a better fit for the Spurs? Gortat or Bourousis?

Honestly, I do not expect to attain either but I would definatly prefer Bourousis mainly cause I believe you will get much more fo the $.

DPG21920
06-07-2009, 04:43 PM
In your opinion......Gortat is a freak athlete. While hes not a great offensive player he is very active defensively and is a very good shot blocker and rebounder. He is able to chase guys 20ft from the basket and is a very good pick and roll player at both ends. Hes tuff as nails. If he played starter mins he would avg 2.5 blocks or more and 10 boards.....thats what we are missing.

IB is a backup center in the NBA and is ranked as such. He can shoot, so can everyone else on our roster. He is slow footed.....slower than Yao and is a piss poor shot blocker. Who on this board thinks what we really needed this year was a slow, jumpshooting big who could not block shots??? While he may be an upgrade over bonner, if we spend a chunk of the MLE on him, where is the upgrade at the SG and SF spot comming from?

What? Talk about "in your opinion". That is about the furthest from the truth as one can get.

Gortat will also cost about the same, so where will the money for upgrades come if the Spurs sign him?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 05:15 PM
In your opinion......Gortat is a freak athlete. While hes not a great offensive player he is very active defensively and is a very good shot blocker and rebounder. He is able to chase guys 20ft from the basket and is a very good pick and roll player at both ends. Hes tuff as nails. If he played starter mins he would avg 2.5 blocks or more and 10 boards.....thats what we are missing.

IB is a backup center in the NBA and is ranked as such. He can shoot, so can everyone else on our roster. He is slow footed.....slower than Yao and is a piss poor shot blocker. Who on this board thinks what we really needed this year was a slow, jumpshooting big who could not block shots??? While he may be an upgrade over bonner, if we spend a chunk of the MLE on him, where is the upgrade at the SG and SF spot comming from?

You have never see him play. He is FAR FAR FAR better rebounder than Gortat is. He is MUCH BIGGER and is a much bigger presence under basket at rim and in lane than Gortat. MUCH MUCH MUCH more physical than Gortat.

Bourousis has a saying "I will rather break your arm than allow you an open lay up." Bourousis is a much better dunker and finisher at the basket than Gortat is. Bourousis is taller and has a longer wingspan. Bourousis has post moves and good shooting ability to about 20-22 feet.

Gortat is quicker and faster because he is a PF/C and he is not nearly in same size. Bourousis has power and size to play guys like Howard and Yao straight to straight man to man on defense. Also Bourousis can play the pick and roll game and the high post and low post two centers game. He can also spread the floor for Duncan as a shooter. Gortat is a good and nice player but Bourousis has a lot more talent ability and potential.

Bourousis when he is healthy he can be in same class as probably any center in NBA except maybe Yao or Howard. Remember this guy did never even touch a basketball in his whole life until age 18.

Mel_13
06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
I.B. is considered a backup at best in the NBA buy the NBA grading body..

What is the "NBA grading body" and do they have a website where I can see their evaluations of other potential FA targets?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Point being, look at the numbers Gortat puts up in orlando. Guy is a great defender and rebounder, that alone would be a huge upgrade for us...having a Center who plays like a Center, you know grabbing rebounds and blocking shots.

I.B. is considered a backup at best in the NBA buy the NBA grading body. How many shooters do we need? Unless we upgrade the D inside the paint we will be one and done next year. Have you forgotten the layup drills teams ran on us this year? Is your answer to not being able to defend anyone in the paint to get a 6-11 stiff who is a spot up shooter?

Getting a Gortat, who would be my second or third FA target with the MLE money and looking to trade for a big wing player would be what I would do. Spurs need to get into the first round and grab a guy who can steal us mins right away....such as a Hansbrough, Ellington, Budinger or Summers if they can do that we have a shot next year........but going after soft, jump shooters is a dead mans game......spurs must adjust, TD isnt 27 anymore so they cant play the 4 out one in the hole game and think we can win another title like that.

Bourousis is 7-1. He is not 6-11.

Mel_13
06-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Bourousis is 7-1. He is not 6-11.

The official Olympiacos website lists him at 2.10m which converts to 6'11".

http://www.olympiacos.org/index.html?lang=en#/Basketball/Players/

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
The official Olympiacos website lists him at 2.10m which converts to 6'11".

http://www.olympiacos.org/index.html?lang=en#/Basketball/Players/

He is 2.15m That 2.10m is a very old listing from when he was first measured for Greek league at age 17. That is where Greek league and Euroleague height comes from. He is not 6-11. He is 7-1.

When he was officially measure by FIBA for the first time he play with senior Greek national team at 2005 European Championship at age 21 he was measure at 2.15m.

2.15m is his official and real height. That is same height as Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol was also list as like 6-11 from league play as a teenager. He is really 7-1 though.

Same with Bourousis.

And here is your proof since you never believe anything and always accuse me of lying.

(ignore pic of Spanoulis that is an error)

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.compID_UIfgjyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2002.teamID_291.playerID_41392.h tml

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.playerID_41392.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOr Uf9le2.season_2007.roundID_5169.teamID_291.html

Age 21 official measurement is better than age 17 official measurement.

Indazone
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
What is the "NBA grading body" and do they have a website where I can see their evaluations of other potential FA targets?

Es Lies! No such thing as NBA grading body! Racist lies!

Mel_13
06-07-2009, 06:10 PM
He is 2.15m That 2.10m is a very old listing from when he was first measured for Greek league at age 17. That is where Greek league and Euroleague height comes from. He is not 6-11. He is 7-1.

When he was officially measure by FIBA for the first time he play with senior Greek national team at 2005 European Championship at age 21 he was measure at 2.15m.

2.15m is his official and real height. That is same height as Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol was also list as like 6-11 from league play as a teenager. He is really 7-1 though.

Same with Bourousis.

And here is your proof since you never believe anything and always accuse me of lying.

(ignore pic of Spanoulis that is an error)

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.compID_UIfgjyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2002.teamID_291.playerID_41392.h tml

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.playerID_41392.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOr Uf9le2.season_2007.roundID_5169.teamID_291.html

Age 21 official measurement is better than age 17 official measurement.

Billy boy, why so sensitive? I believe things that can be proved. In almost every case, you refuse to provide any evidence to support what you say.

In this case, you have provided links to two reputable websites that contain different info. Well done:toast. I see you have already started a new thread to proclaim this great accomplishment.

You can understand the confusion we poor Americans must suffer when we cannot rely on the information contained on the official Olympiacos and Euroleague sites. I didn't know that I had to check with FIBA to get the official information. The Olympiacos site seems to be very professional, strange that they would use 8-year old information about one of their best players. Perhaps you could send an e-mail in Greek to their webmaster so that they can correct this error. Thanks for all your help.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Billy boy, why so sensitive? I believe things that can be proved. In almost every case, you refuse to provide any evidence to support what you say.

In this case, you have provided links to two reputable websites that contain different info. Well done:toast. I see you have already started a new thread to proclaim this great accomplishment.

You can understand the confusion we poor Americans must suffer when we cannot rely on the information contained on the official Olympiacos and Euroleague sites. I didn't know that I had to check with FIBA to get the official information. The Olympiacos site seems to be very professional, strange that they would use 8-year old information about one of their best players. Perhaps you could send an e-mail in Greek to their webmaster so that they can correct this error. Thanks for all your help.

Domestic leagues go by rule of height when player joins league just like NBA. Look at NBA they have players for 15 years and never even change the weight listing. "NBA site seems very professional".

Also you will remember that Spurs fans in the forum INSISTED Scola was "only 6-8". They would not listen to truth that he was 6-9.5

benefactor
06-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll take the player that stepped in the starting spot for Howard in a closeout game and put up a double/double...the same player that sent away LeBron and Gasol(more than once).

Mel_13
06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Domestic leagues go by rule of height when player joins league just like NBA.

Really? This is a rule? I'll tell ya what Bill, you keep on teaching us all so many new things.

And there is one very obvious difference between the NBA and the leagues in Europe. Players as young as 15 sign with European clubs, so one would expect some growth to continue. I guess the only reason they don't update their website is because of this rule which I have learned about today. Thanks again.

DPG21920
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Point being, look at the numbers Gortat puts up in orlando. Guy is a great defender and rebounder, that alone would be a huge upgrade for us...having a Center who plays like a Center, you know grabbing rebounds and blocking shots.

I.B. is considered a backup at best in the NBA buy the NBA grading body. How many shooters do we need? Unless we upgrade the D inside the paint we will be one and done next year. Have you forgotten the layup drills teams ran on us this year? Is your answer to not being able to defend anyone in the paint to get a 6-11 stiff who is a spot up shooter?

Getting a Gortat, who would be my second or third FA target with the MLE money and looking to trade for a big wing player would be what I would do. Spurs need to get into the first round and grab a guy who can steal us mins right away....such as a Hansbrough, Ellington, Budinger or Summers if they can do that we have a shot next year........but going after soft, jump shooters is a dead mans game......spurs must adjust, TD isnt 27 anymore so they cant play the 4 out one in the hole game and think we can win another title like that.

No offense, but you are very wrong. I have not watched a lot of Bourousis, some clips, highlights and small samples of games, but your assessment of both players (Bourousis and Gortat) is way off base.

I am not saying Bourousis will succeed or even come over for that matter, but if he fails, it will not be because of the reasons you outlined and the cap situation would likely be the same for the Spurs whether they signed Bourousis or Gortat. They will likely cost the same.

Indazone
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
No offense, but you are very wrong. I have not watched a lot of Bourousis, some clips, highlights and small samples of games, but your assessment of both players (Bourousis and Gortat) is way off base.

I am not saying Bourousis will succeed or even come over for that matter, but if he fails, it will not be because of the reasons you outlined and the cap situation would likely be the same for the Spurs whether they signed Bourousis or Gortat. They will likely cost the same.

Yeah, I think you're right although I think Gortat will cost more. Bourousis will cost at least the what Scola costs.

Obradovic13
06-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Hello my friends.First of all,i have to say that i am Panathinaikos..so i really HATE Bourousis because is very provocative.But!!!! i admit that is a very good player(the best of Olympiakos for this season),and i really want him in my second favourite team.At this time,i am sure tha he is better than Splitter,he is shooting much better and is more powerful in reb.

AND I ENSURE YOU 100%!!!!!!!! He is 2.15(7.1) NOT 6.11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yavozerb
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Hello my friends.First of all,i have to say that i am Panathinaikos..so i really HATE Bourousis because is very provocative.But!!!! i admit that is a very good player(the best of Olympiakos for this season),and i really want him in my second favourite team.At this time,i am sure tha he is better than Splitter,he is shooting much better and is more powerful in reb.

AND I ENSURE YOU 100%!!!!!!!! He is 2.15(7.1) NOT 6.11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Obra and welcome...What is Bourousis weight?

wildbill2u
06-08-2009, 08:35 AM

Looking at the You tube vid, I got these impressions: Very Good hands useful on pick and roll. Knows how to finish with dunks. Can even put the all on the floor a little bit. highlight reels seldom concentrate on defense but on the few defensive plays it showed, he was moving his feet and trying so maybe his defense will be OK>

big men with any skills are always a commodity so the downside risk will be slight. If he is the best international player, I'm inclined to beleive he will be OK in NBA. Similarly Scola turned out great despite a lot of doubts about the quality of play overseas.

Summers
06-08-2009, 08:43 AM

Awesome.

mountainballer
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM

disagree, but what's the sense of such "rankings" anyhow?
the question should be, could they co exist, because there is a chance that if Bouroussis in fact comes to SA, that he and Splitter form the Spurs front court of the future.
IMO this two should fit well alongside. Splitter is the more athletic and more mobile player, moves better in the paint and I would also call him the better defender and better shot blocker, especially against players who step out. he's also the better ball handler. Bouroussis is the much better shooter, a bit stronger and bigger and he's the better rebounder. a pretty nice tandem IMO.
Splitter plays more of the traditional Center on offense and Bouroussis a PF and on defense they can switch positions. not that this was a new concept in the Spurs system.

Mel_13
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
And one last note. NBA Grading body has said I.B. is nothing more than an NBA backup at best

I asked about this earlier in this thread. Please explain what the "NBA Grading body" is and point us to where their evaluations can be read.

Gutter92
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Ioannis Bourousis is 6'9'' w/o shoes.

peacemaker885
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I think its safer to invest in Gortat if we can pry him out of Orlando. No outside shooting, but good defense and he's playoff exposed.

Indazone
06-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Nikola Vujcic is better than Boroussis. Why doesn't anyone mention him as an NBA target???

ChumpDumper
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I have always liked Vujcic because he is better than Greeks and not Greek, but I don't think he ever had much interest in playing in the US.

Bruno
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.sportnet.gr/report.aspx?id=190069

As expected, Olympiacos make a better offer to Bourousis and they are close of reaching an agreement.

timvp
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.sportnet.gr/report.aspx?id=190069

As expected, Olympiacos make a better offer to Bourousis and they are close of reaching an agreement.

Yep, looks like he's gone. :pctoss

That's the last time I consider a Greek player. Even in the article it says that he didn't want to come to the U.S.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh well.

mountainballer
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
he obviously was warned that KBP is already waiting for him in the US to become his #1 stalker fan. that scares even a 7' giant. enough reason to stay overseas for half the money. wonder why Spanoulis wanted out so badly?