PDA

View Full Version : Today is a sad day for chinese

Rapper
06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
y0Pr0US0e50&feature=related

The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 culminating in the Tiananmen Square massacre (referred to in Chinese as the June Fourth Incident, to avoid confusion with two other Tiananmen Square protests) were a series of demonstrations in and near Tiananmen Square in Beijing in the People's Republic of China (PRC) beginning on April 14. Led mainly by students and intellectuals, the protests occurred in a year that saw the collapse of a number of communist governments around the world.

The protests were sparked by the death of pro-market, pro-democracy and anti-corruption official, Hu Yaobang, whom protesters wanted to mourn. By the eve of Hu's funeral, 1,000,000 people had gathered on the Tiananmen square. The protests lacked a unified cause or leadership, participants included disillusioned Communist Party members and Trotskyists, as well as free market reformers, who were generally against the government's authoritarianism and voiced calls for economic change and democratic reform[2] within the structure of the government. The demonstrations centered on Tiananmen Square in Beijing, but large-scale protests also occurred in cities throughout China, including Shanghai, which remained peaceful throughout the protests.

The movement lasted seven weeks from Hu's death on 15 April until tanks cleared Tiananmen Square on 4 June. In Beijing, the resulting military response to the protesters by the PRC government left many civilians dead or severely injured. The number of deaths is not known and many different estimates exist.There were early reports of Chinese Red Cross sources giving a figure of 2,600 deaths, but the Chinese Red Cross has denied ever doing so.[4] The official Chinese government figure is 241 dead, including soldiers, and 7,000 wounded.

Following the violence, the government conducted widespread arrests to suppress protesters and their supporters, cracked down on other protests around China, banned the foreign press from the country and strictly controlled coverage of the events in the PRC press. Members of the Party who had publicly sympathized with the protesters were purged, with several high-ranking members placed under house arrest, such as General Secretary Zhao Ziyang. The violent suppression of the Tiananmen Square protest caused widespread international condemnation of the PRC government

Rogue
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Rapper is an IDIOT, which makes this day even more sad than it actually is.

tlongII
06-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Actually I'm glad Rapper posted this. I hope someday the Chinese government acknowledges it's mistake.

Rogue
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Actually I'm glad Rapper posted this. I hope someday the Chinese government acknowledges it's mistake.
Exactly, though this article is by no means made by Rapper's hands. :lol Even though the article is pretty lame, Rapper still is not good enough to reach the level of the author who wrote this lame article.

Summers
06-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Exactly, though this article is by no means made by Rapper's hands. :lol Even though the article is pretty lame, Rapper still is not good enough to reach the level of the author who wrote this lame article.

Okay, we get it. You don't like Rapper. It's not like everything you post makes sense.

I'm glad Rapper posted it. Those of us old enough to remember it do so with great sadness.

desflood
06-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I was reading this morning that nobody's ever identified "Tank Man". They think he got out of prison ten years ago, but no one has been able to find him.

SpursStalker
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I was reading this morning that nobody's ever identified "Tank Man". They think he got out of prison ten years ago, but no one has been able to find him.

Question ...

If he's not been identified how do we know he was in prison?

I would think they would have records of people that have been incarcerated.

There have also been reports that he was executed 14 days later, or another that he is hiding out in China somewhere.

*shrugs*

Who knows what became of him.

CubanMustGo
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm glad Rapper posted it. Those of us old enough to remember it do so with great sadness.

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2009, 10:12 PM

hey man, we need more pics of ur chinese wife here....:rollin

fuck them backward thinkn commos....