PDA

View Full Version : prototype

Heath Ledger
06-04-2009, 12:23 AM
downloading it right now will give review tomorrow.

Heath Ledger
06-04-2009, 11:26 AM
This game is sick. Pure chaos. It reminds me of The Hulk, mixed with Grand Theft Auto, Mixed with Spiderman, Mixed with Wolverine.

This is a must own game. Graphics are good not great but good enough. The action is non stop, tons of stuff going on at all times without slowing the framerate down.

I took some video may post it later.

koriwhat
06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
i saw an ad on the tv last night at the bar for the first time... looked pretty insane considering you can fly around and turn into some kind of crazy ass dude that can pick cars up and shit.

i gotta rent this sometime soon.

koriwhat
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
oh yeah...

on a side note, the new streetfighter has some good graphics but the game is kind of boring. mortal kombat vs dc is fun but not enough characters to keep my interest after 1-2 days.

Heath Ledger
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I was blown away at the opening scene where you are just thrown into utter chaos, with thousands of zombies running the streets trying to tear you apart and all of these soliders shooting at you trying to take you out while you wreak havoc on everyone and everything. It is intense.

BlackSwordsMan
06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
it was made by the guys who made the hulk ;)

DarkReign
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
You playing for PC or...?

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 12:58 PM
You playing for PC or...?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127796

Heath Ledger
06-06-2009, 06:57 AM
no the 360

resistanze
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, game's pretty good,, a little on the easy side.

DarkReign
06-11-2009, 10:26 AM
d/l it last night on Steam.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..bla bla DRM, bla bla

Steam makes my PC-centric inner gamer happy, seeing as box stores dont stock PC games anymore.

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
fun game indeed... my friends and i were playing it for a bit last night until we broke out he UFC and then it was 8 straight hrs of kicking each others asses.

DarkReign
06-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Game looks amazing in 1920x1200 with 4x AA. What a treat playing these games in high resolution and increased draw distance.

DarkReign
06-12-2009, 08:47 AM
BTW, game kicks ass. Was up 'til 3am last night (i just walked into work, im rarely late) and have to say its quite fun. But on the easy side and I am little disappointed there arent any side missions, only side challenges.

Yogurt210
06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
not too complex..
fun indeed.

they could have added more gameplay depth.

but hey..atleast its not assasins creed.....yuck

DarkReign
06-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Absolutely awesome game. Its like Spiderman in that its actually fun just getting from one side of the city to the other.

"Bulletdive Drop" is the most overpowered move in the game. Its sick. When I bought it, it was unweildy to use at first, but man....take the time to use it. What I do is hang on the side of a very tall building, target something in the middle of the ruckus, run/jump like hell up the side of said building and at the very top, use it.

Take some getting used to the aim, but once you got it, youre a friggin beast. Creates a huge hole in the middle of the enemy, allows time and space to pick off the next big thing. Nothing can with stand it. Nothing in the game (save bosses), not hunters, not leader hunters, not anything. Pure ownage from 60 stories.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Absolutely awesome game. Its like Spiderman in that its actually fun just getting from one side of the city to the other.

"Bulletdive Drop" is the most overpowered move in the game. Its sick. When I bought it, it was unweildy to use at first, but man....take the time to use it. What I do is hang on the side of a very tall building, target something in the middle of the ruckus, run/jump like hell up the side of said building and at the very top, use it.

Take some getting used to the aim, but once you got it, youre a friggin beast. Creates a huge hole in the middle of the enemy, allows time and space to pick off the next big thing. Nothing can with stand it. Nothing in the game (save bosses), not hunters, not leader hunters, not anything. Pure ownage from 60 stories.

See, stuff like that bugs me. I hate games that can be reduced to doing a single move over and over. As soon as I realized how powerful that move is, I'd stop playing.

koriwhat
06-14-2009, 04:29 PM
game is fun! CH try it before judging it... def worth the rent which i can't say for most games.

resistanze
06-14-2009, 08:06 PM
I haven't even bought the bulletdive upgrade yet, didn't know it was that powerful. I like the devastator attacks though, I love the slow motion effect of all those spikes coming from the ground. I'm on mission 29/31, I should start playing more side missions.

DarkReign
06-15-2009, 01:47 PM
See, stuff like that bugs me. I hate games that can be reduced to doing a single move over and over. As soon as I realized how powerful that move is, I'd stop playing.

Oh, you cant spam it. I didnt mean to imply that you even could, because you cant.

Its a "high dive" move. It works as a really effective opener, but you could not possibly use it over and over in a fight, no chance. Takes too long to setup properly to be effective.

Its just a really, REALLY destructive opener. You see the group you want to attack from afar, get close enough to target, find nearest, highest building, voila.

After that, youre on your own.

mardigan
06-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Just picked this game up, pretty sweet so far.

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
bulletdrive drop isn't the strongest move in the game
the devastator that sends spikes from the ground is

resistanze
06-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Have you compared the two? I only have the devastator but it's powerful as fuck, it's what I used to beat the infected queen bitch.

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
3 devastators knock down a hive or military building

resistanze
06-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Also, the thermobaric tank is the SHIT. It's how I got the "kill 50 characters is 5 seconds" achievement. And it destroys hives/bases with one hit.

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I only got it that one time during a mission hasn't seen it since

resistanze
06-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I only got it that one time during a mission hasn't seen it since

Once you unlock the event "rolling thunder" you can access the tank. Just decline the event f=when you wanna just use the tank.

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
no use for it. I like using my huge ass hand sword

DarkReign
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM

Well, yeah....its also a special move that requires your health bar to be blue (whatever they call it).

I was talking about "most powerful move that isnt a special move".

You can do the bullet dive regardless of health and status. That was my point.

resistanze
06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Wow, the last boss is fucking gay. Nevermind the fact that his health bar hardly moves with each attack (even devastators) but they include a time limit as well.

resistanze
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Doesn't help that your retarded character can't pick up missles from the ground without pressing the button like 4 times.

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2009, 07:34 AM
yeah he was a bitch. on the last part just eat as many soldiers as you can before you use devastator because they don't respawn
awesome game re-starting on easy to get the never die during the game achievement and mr.nice guy

resistanze
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I ended up chucking every helicopter I could find at him. Good game overall. As you said, I may play the game over again to get those achievements, though I'm usually never able to play through a game again.

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2009, 12:44 PM
you can keep your upgrades if you start a game over on the same difficulty or lower

mardigan
06-20-2009, 10:15 PM
The targeting system on this game makes me want to destroy my controller. The super hunter boss fight that I just did was fucking annoying as hell.

BlackSwordsMan
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah the targeting system gets really annoying in close quarter combat or just aiming in general.
I don't get why the majority of people believe cross is pariah.

resistanze
06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I wasn't listening to the story half the time (on the phone) so Cross being Pariah came to mind.

Beat the game earlier today on easy to get those achievements. I'm too lazy to get the rest even though they're attainable (killing 400 people with one tank, 20 helicopters down in in one chopper, kill 53,00 infected, get all web targets etc.)

BlackSwordsMan
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
53,### will be pretty easy on this game. Getting it on L4D is retarded and to time consuming. You notice how those two games are one upping dead rising?
I believe it's; 53,245 on dead rising, 53,246 on l4d and now 53,247 on prototype.

BlackSwordsMan
06-21-2009, 09:56 PM
'''''''''''''5
''''''''''''''6 ***

IronMexican
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Game is fun, but kind of hard and the story bounces too much.

Slydragon
08-11-2009, 04:08 AM
I just got this from gamefly last week, It started off strong but then I stop feeling it. I'm forcing myself to try to beat it as of now. Maybe with more upgrades I will get back into it.