PDA

View Full Version : Humility Thread

NewJerSpur
06-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Man/WoMan up if you've got the cajones and name the team you hate for your team to play come the postseason. Remember, what you disclose may be used against you during a latter date in the occurence of smack talk....be prepared.

I'm a good enough sport to admit, I hate when the Seahawks matchup with the Packers (particularly on the road) in the playoffs. In 2004, we played a tight game against them in the 1st round that went into overtime where the now infamous words were uttered by our fearless leader and future Pro-Bowl QB [Matt Hasselbeck] after winning a coin toss to decide who would receive possession of the ball first: "We want the ball, and we're going to score." What came very shortly after that was a pick six in the hands of a Packer CB that shall remain nameless at the moment that ended Seattle's season in humiliating fashion.

The next time we faced off was in the Divisional round of the 2008 playoffs. The Hawks took an early double digit lead which seemed to disappear in the white out on the field as the Packers steamrolled their way to a 20-point+ victory thanks to some Favre magic, slick field conditions which neutralized the speed of our small but quick defense against a more stout Green Bay O-Line (could've also used better cleats), a major injury to Deion Branch early in the game, and MANY miscues by our then TE Marcus Pollard (the bumb)....the fact our running game was virtually non-existent for much of the season didn't help matters.

At some point, I'll be looking for my team to exercise their postseason demons against the Pack but I'll always feel a bit uneasy whenever we match up against them as a result of the debacles of the past.

So, who else has the courage to express their cowardice? :lol (little play on words there)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-04-2009, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't want the Cardinals to run into the Giants.

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
As a Cowboys fan, since 1996.....pretty much anyone! :lol

Blake
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
it's not the same feeling in the nfl as is it is in the nba like when the spurs play the lakers.

NFL rosters change so much that I can't really think of any teams that really own other teams in the playoffs in the last decade.

Blake
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
As a Cowboys fan, since 1996.....pretty much anyone! :lol

pretty much

manufan10
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
as a cowboys fan, since 1996.....pretty much anyone! :lol

+1

BUMP
06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
As a Cowboy fan, there's not really a team in the NFC that scares me to death because every team is up and down.

GB and Chicago used to be really good, now they're not. Seattle used to be good, the NFC South is just a total crapshoot, and we know the NFC East teams like the back of our palms.

Its the teams in the AFC that scare me because they've all been consistent. Colts, Steelers, Patriots are all teams that would make me uneasy due to their experience

manufan10
06-04-2009, 11:55 AM
As a Cowboy fan, there's not really a team in the NFC that scares me to death because every team is up and down.

GB and Chicago used to be really good, now they're not. Seattle used to be good, the NFC South is just a total crapshoot, and we know the NFC East teams like the back of our palms.

Its the teams in the AFC that scare me because they've all been consistent. Colts, Steelers, Patriots are all teams that would make me uneasy due to their experience

I would even throw the Chargers into that group. They seem to be an underachiever in the regular season, but once the playoffs start, they give some of the best AFC teams a run for their money.

monosylab1k
06-04-2009, 12:02 PM
For the Patriots, I fear the Chargers because of how good they are, I fear the Colts & Steelers just because those teams are clearly inferior to New England and only some sort of BS fluke gives them a win over us which would be godawful, and obviously I fear the Giants. I don't fear run-on sentences.

SAtown
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
the cheaters

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 03:54 PM

my thoughts exactly

Thunder Dan
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I fear nobody as long as Brady Quinn is behind center

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_joaniecox/BradyQuinn.jpg

BSofA04
06-04-2009, 10:08 PM
As a Texans fan, I would love to have the opportunity to see them make the playoffs against ANYONE! (well, maybe not Pittsburgh)

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 03:22 AM
The only thing stopping the Raiders from another Super Bowl is Pete Rosell.

Thunder Dan
06-05-2009, 09:19 AM
The only thing stopping the Raiders from another Super Bowl is Pete Rosell.

the Radiers and Browns will face off this year in the Suck Bowl 2009

dirk4mvp
06-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Basically any team with a running back.

DBryant88
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
as a dallas fan as long as romo isn't playing in the playoffs we are superbowl bound

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Basically any team with a running back.
:lmao

J.T.
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm now pissed scared any time the Colts have to play the Chargers and it's not because the Chargers are a better team than the Colts. They're actually pretty well-matched and the last two seasons have shown that, all games decided by less than a TD. And the only game they really caught some huge breaks in was the OT playoff game that was like someone used a Madden cheat code called Flag The Visiting Team on All 3rd Downs. I think Caldwell is committing to adding more size to front seven which should help us more with San Diego. The Colts had the best secondary in the league last year (5 passing TDs allowed all season, NFL record), but their main concern is run stuffing and pass rushing. I've always said if they could put another great pass rusher in the middle of that defensive line, they'll win multiple Super Bowls with this roster (not counting XLI).

But New England used to make every Colts fan piss their pants. Not anymore.

Steelers are another team pretty even with the Colts, I'd take the home team in that matchup. But hopefully like the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they'll miss the playoffs and the Colts will win the next one.

J.T.
06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I fear nobody as long as Brady Quinn is behind center

With or without Quinn's dick up his ass?

bostonguy
06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
The Chargers are the only team I fear. They have the talent to beat us and have came pretty damn close in 2007 and 2008 playoffs.

I used to fear the Broncos (especially during the 2005-2006 season) but that fear died 2 years ago.

NewJerSpur
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Surprised no Giant fans mentioned the Eagles or no Bronco fans mentioned the Colts? I can understand the idea Blake brought up regarding the NFL rosters changing so drastically due to Free Agency, rapid decline at certain positions, etc., but there are certain teams that are tough for other teams to overtake when it counts, especially if enough of the core is held in tact for a certain period of time. Good stuff all around, and LOL @ some of those Cowboy jokes.