PDA

View Full Version : Will Howard have a Wade-like experience at the FT line?

Jacob1983
06-04-2009, 03:11 AM
I know Howard isn't a great free throw shooter but it's possible he could have a Wade-like experience at FT line. What I mean by that is he could benefit from love by the refs and get a ridiculous amount of free throw attempts. Stern might be wanting to turn Dwight Howard into the NBA's next best big man in this Finals. If I was the Lakers, I would do hack-a-Shaq on Howard. I would make him shoot free throws.

ChrisRichards
06-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Kobe would. Not Dwight.

MambaJuice2408
06-04-2009, 03:39 AM
I know Howard isn't a great free throw shooter but it's possible he could have a Wade-like experience at FT line. What I mean by that is he could benefit from love by the refs and get a ridiculous amount of free throw attempts. Stern might be wanting to turn Dwight Howard into the NBA's next best big man in this Finals. If I was the Lakers, I would do hack-a-Shaq on Howard. I would make him shoot free throws.

Most likely it would happen. But not to create the next big man. If Hedo and Shard aren't playing well, Dwight Howard could receive a bunch of calls to maintain order...He may benefit more tho from the calls the refs don't make on him. Like on slashes and dives by wing players. Dwight Howard will likely have 4 to 6 fouls every game anyway, but in reality should have like 8-10 is how I see it.

poop
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
why would this happen? if the league decides to interfere with this one (unlikely since it hasnt really happened since '06), then it would be in favor of the more profitable team, not the magic.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
It's more profitable to make this a long competitve series. Depending on the circumstances of any given game they can do that by either giving Howard the freedom to knock Kobe silly when he drives or give Howard a couple of ticky tack fouls. There's no next round to profit from. At this point it doesn't matter if the Lakers win a seven game series so much as whether all of Laker land watches a seven game series.