PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis's contract

sonic21
06-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Rashard has been huge for the magic this year, now they're in the finales,
do you consider his massive contract justified and worth it?

21_Blessings
06-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Nope. Because it won't be enough to beat the Lakers. Won't be enough to Boston next season. And by that time Lebron will have help and the window is closed with Magic being stuck in salary cap hell.

Allanon
06-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Rashard Lewis makes more money than....

6 of last year's 10 Starting All-Star Players
18 of last year's 28 All-Star Players

Dwight Howard
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Chris Bosh
Carmelo Anthony
Lamar Odom
Amare Stoudemire
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Al Jefferson
Danny Granger
......and on and on

Chieflion
06-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Nope. Because it won't be enough to beat the Lakers. Won't be enough to Boston next season. And by that time Lebron will have help and the window is closed with Magic being stuck in salary cap hell.
This source is biased as it is stated by a Laker fan and therefore unreliable. Since it is unreliable, it is not useful in telling us whether Rashard Lewis' contract is justified or not.

sonic21
06-04-2009, 06:52 AM
For a franchise w/no championships... i think it'll be justified if they can pull off the upset (like miami in 2006 who overpaid walker, williams..)

KidCongo
06-04-2009, 06:59 AM
As much as I now hate the Magic if they beat the Lakers it would be worth it, especially for a team that's never won.

It's gunna fuck em up when Dwight's extension kicks in and Hedo will probably get a raise this offseason.

Stump
06-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Luckily for them, they have Nelson on a pretty cheap contract to offset Lewis' somewhat.

ambchang
06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
The value of his contract should be in no way tied to whether the Magic will win a championship or not.
If I remember correctly, nobody else had the cap room to sign Lewis to a contract that was remotely close to what he signed with the Magic for. The Magic could have offered a lower contract (I forgot the exact number, but it was $10's of millions) and still out bid the next closest bidder.
Additionally, Lewis, at that point, was no way close to worth that kind of money, and still isn't. He doesn't, and will probably never, pull in $120M in revenue, either directly or indirectly, even if they won multiple championships.
But you can't fault the guy, if my boss said he is going to give me a $1M raise for doing absolutely nothing more, I would take it in a heartbeat.

stretch
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
This source is biased as it is stated by a Laker fan and therefore unreliable. Since it is unreliable, it is not useful in telling us whether Rashard Lewis' contract is justified or not.

More like its unreliable since it was posted by 21_blessings, aka chugs21cocks

resistanze
06-04-2009, 09:47 AM
It still won't be worth it for the reasons stated by ambchang, but the Magic can at least sleep at night.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
+1 to ambchang's statement. For what they are getting out of him this year (and assuming this success continues) it no longer looks like the worst contract in all of pro sports, as some were saying when they inked the deal. It is still a badly bloated contract though.