PDA

View Full Version : So do you think they are going to re-sign Glover?

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 05:17 AM
Pop said today on The Pop Show that they got everything cleared up and they can sign him to another 10-day contract if they want to. Will they? Should they?

whottt
03-30-2005, 05:23 AM
I wasn't impressed with this guy and I am not impressed with his resume...I just don't get a yippee feeling signing a guy that; A.Played for the Hawks when they sucked and; B.Can't hold a job in the Euroleagues.

I mean how many Hawks backups and scrubs can we have before their suck factor overwhelms even Duncan's greatness?

LJIII OTOH I was impressed with...tentative or not. I really think we need a guy to match up with the long SF's more than anything else.

Plus..like someone else mentioned...the way he runs up the court, the way he swarms a player...he does remind me of Rodman(a sane Rodman). And Rodman means D.

I liked LJIII more in the 2 minutes I saw of him than anything Glover has done in his Spurs career. Glover seems like a scrub...LJIII seems like a future defensive star.

Experiment2100
03-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Yes......In the summer to play in th summer league.

exstatic
03-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Yes. With Manu still in recovery mode and needing his minutes monitored, and Devin on the shelf, we need a swing on the roster a LOT more than we needs Wilks.

ducks
03-30-2005, 09:27 AM
I would say YES
manu needs to not play as many minutes
and barry is playing alot of minutes lately
if spurs get big leads you need some people on the bench to play
especially with brown out

Slo spurs fan
03-30-2005, 10:23 AM
No. Give Brent more minutes.

Streakyshooter08
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Why not? Signing him doesn't mean he has to play a lot. I think you could use him for garbage time and give manu a little more rest. If Linton is ready I would give him the minutes if not there should be another swingman.

TheWriter
03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I think they will. Why else have they kept him in town. He was at practice yesterday.

ducks
03-30-2005, 10:37 AM
No. Give Brent more minutes.
do you want barry tp play 38 minutes starting now to june?

Sec24Row7
03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
YES!!!

Would be great if we are playing in June!!!

ZStomp
03-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I mean how many Hawks backups and scrubs can we have before their suck factor overwhelms even Duncan's greatness?

What other Hawks??

Kevin Willis? I think he was great on the team.

Dominique? He was here BEFORE Duncan.....

Who else?

SpursFanInAustin
03-30-2005, 11:18 AM
What other Hawks??

Who else?

Antoine Carr

Steve Smith

whottt
03-30-2005, 11:20 AM
What other Hawks??

Who else?

Nazr Mohammed of course. :)

whottt
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I should mention some of Nazr and Dion's teamates...

Shareef..
Jason Terry
Toni Kukoc

Couldn't buy a seat in the playoffs....and it wasn't because of lack of talent.

No thanks to signing anymore suck era Atlanta Hawks.

Although I'd take Willis back in a heartbeat.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
So many injuries.

Unless you got some other guard in mind who you know can play D....

If you want a guy who shoots even worse but would be more Linton-like, I'd say track down Jeryl Sasser (good handler to boot, pretty sure he's under contract in Europe). Otherwise G-Love is the safe choice, the known quantity. Unfortunately, the injuries mean we can't really roll the dice on a project as I would prefer to do.

whottt
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Whatever...I think Glover sucks...

You will probably prefer him over Barry once he has a 7 rebound game and scores 20 points in a loss with a nice dunk..it'll be that hard nose hustling type of choke job so many love....you always do. He'll probably get extra credit for throwing away a won game.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Come up with someone else.

whottt
03-30-2005, 12:24 PM
LJIII...Fucking already said it.

I think Glover doesn't have shit to offer this team except mediocrity.

With LJIII we at least have the option of subbing him for Bowen on long threes...

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Of course LJIII would play before Glover.

If he's healthy.

That remains to be seen.

spurster
03-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Picking up Glover doesn't mean waiving LJ III. It gives the Spurs some options as the season winds down, maybe not to play Manu as much.

wildbill2u
03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Pop said today on The Pop Show that they got everything cleared up and they can sign him to another 10-day contract if they want to. Will they? Should they?

Why not? It's apparent we are trying to corner the market on 'tweener' guard/forwards (Devin, Glover, Sato.)

Either the Spurs are in the vanguard of a new wave of strategic thinking about NBA team makeups or it must be a fetish shared by the FO and Pop. (scary thought)

GoSpurs21
03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
do you want barry tp play 38 minutes starting now to june?If that's what it takes to keep him sharp for the playoffs (which seems to be the consenses - Barry is better with more playing time)....hell yea

Yes......In the summer to play in th summer league.and what he said

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Of course LJIII would play before Glover.

If he's healthy.

That remains to be seen.And bump.

whottt
03-30-2005, 04:52 PM
What do you want me to do about it? Celebrate? I'm just not too excited about Glover...and it looks like our fun with long threes will continue. Yipee.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I certainly don't expect you to come up with any alternatives.

whottt
03-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Why not the guy that TimVP and Kori liked...the one everyone was so gaga over in preseason...I don't remember his name but I don't think he got cut by any Euroleague teams and I think he was long, which is a bonus IMO.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
In the Philippines now, don't know if his contract allows him to leave for the NBA.

exstatic
03-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Moot. Glover re-signed. See the thread.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 04:59 PM
In the Philippines now, don't know if his contract allows him to leave for the NBA.

Noel Felix just got to the Philippines; he's playing his first game there tomorrow. He finished up the CBA season (he made All-Defense and averaged 15/8) and signed with the Philippines team through July.

But he does have a NBA out clause.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't think finding alternatives is moot, it's just another 10-day deal.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
I wonder if LJII really re-injured his ankle or that was just an IR excuse.