PDA

View Full Version : Oberto Waiting For A Call From Sergio (To Find Out If He's Playing This Summer)

duncan228
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
ARG – Oberto waiting for a call from Sergio (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/30358/arti.html)

BUENOS AIRES (2009 FIBA Americas Championship) – Fabricio Oberto wants to play for Argentina this summer at the FIBA Americas Championship but he is uncertain if national team coach Sergio Hernandez will select him.

Oberto had to miss games with San Antonio at the beginning of the season due to an abnormal heartbeat.

The center began having a problem after returning to the United States from Beijing, China, where he helped Argentina win a bronze medal.

"I played less this season, I am not tired, but it depends on what the doctors say to me next week to see if I have to take medication or stop playing,” Oberto said in Ole.

“I have been calling Sergio Hernandez without any luck so far.

"I’ve never lost the will to play for the national team and I’ve never retired. It is special for me and it helps you to gain rhythm and add confidence.”

The FIBA Americas Championship will be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Manu Ginobili won’t play and Andres Nocioni looks set to miss the FIBA Americas Championship as well.

No matter who shows up, though, Oberto believes Argentina have a good chance of qualifying for the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

Four spots for next year’s big event are up for grabs in San Juan, and the USA will not take one of them as they clinched their place in Turkey by winning the Olympic gold medal.

"The national team, it doesn't matter who goes, they always prepare well and achieve many things like in Las Vegas,” Oberto said.

“If you can, then come and play."

In 2007, an under-strength Argentina won silver at the FIBA Americas Championship to earn a place at the Olympics.

urunobili
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Oberto just wants to gain some rhythm and get some exposure ofr his next destination... :wakeup

iilluzioN
06-04-2009, 02:02 PM
um... he sucks now

diego
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Im pretty sure the coach has said that manu, noc and oberto arent playing. hermann has retired from the team and it appears scola is going but they plan on playing him sparingly. they want to try to develop some of the younger players to fill out the rest of the team

Ditty
06-05-2009, 02:37 AM
he went to my job on tuesday i heard i missed him he goes every summer looking for luggage or for stuff around the house

DPG21920
06-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Huh. I heard some interesting news tonight that explains this. I'd rather not explain in a post what this is about though.

Well for all of us with a shred of intuition, I hope he is ok.