PDA

View Full Version : Nikos Pappas For Spurs #53 Draft Pick

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I think Milos Teodosic is first target for this pick because he is 22. But second target for this pick should be Nikos Pappas. He is 18 so this is why I put him as second choice here.

But he would be second best choice I think at 53 so if Teodosic is gone then Spurs should take Pappas.

Pappas is 18 so it would be long term draft pick. But he is one of best European players ever at his age. For sure I think he is in top 5 European players ever at his age.

Pappas was on world team at Nike Hoop Summit that beat US team with John Wall and all these American players that is rate so high. Also Pappas will play at Reebok Camp at Treviso as see here in the players list.

http://www.reebokeurocamp.com/page.php?pid=71

Pappas has 4 more years left on his contract with Spanish club Bilbao. But in these 4 years he might be a great player so it is worth the 53 pick I think.

samikeyp
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Goran Suton at #53

pad300
06-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Is he staying in? I really doubt it, assuming he's as good as you say...

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Is he staying in? I really doubt it, assuming he's as good as you say...

Well I think it will depend on how he do at Treviso at the Reebok Euro Camp. Because there he will be play against the players that is all older then him. Hoop Summit was against USA best high school players but Reebok camp is against mostly 20-22 age European players.

We will see.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Is he Greek?

completely deck
06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Is he Greek?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Is he Greek?

Any other racist comments to make?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
So is he Greek?

Nick, the Nazi
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Does he have a big jewish schlong?

Seriously, Balki, where do you get the idea that the Spurs FO is trying to sign every greek player out there? Just stop posting this nonsense already.

timtonymanu
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
i went to the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland. Nikos was pretty good.

Biggems
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Any other racist comments to make?

Greek is a nationality not a race, Einstein.....you are so flipping ignorant.

That is like calling someone who hates homosexuals, or puts down the opposite sex, a racist.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Greek is a nationality not a race, Einstein.....you are so flipping ignorant.

That is like calling someone who hates homosexuals, or puts down the opposite sex, a racist.

So then he is a bigot. Correct?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Did anyone find out if he is Greek yet?

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2009, 09:04 PM
lol he is Greek

smrattler
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
... and he loves it when they call him Big Poppas!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2009, 10:01 PM
:lmao

CubanMustGo
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Why isn't KBP's stuff getting moved to the think tank like all the other draft/trade-related threads?

lefty
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Nikos Pappas sucks

Dr. Gonzo
06-04-2009, 11:20 PM
You know Euro basketball guy best play in world. He make pass good and hard like better Tony Parker with wheel. He guy make bucket with spin in net in Final cup tournament Tuesday.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Spurs screwed up. They should have drafted Pappas. So far at FIBA Under 19 World Championship he is DOMINATING and is the best player of the entire tournament so far.

This player is second in the world only to Rubio in his age group.

scottspurs
07-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Spurs screwed up. They should have drafted Pappas. So far at FIBA Under 19 World Championship he is DOMINATING and is the best player of the entire tournament so far.

The spurs didn't screw up anything. They had a great draft. Blair is a Beast and McClinton could really contribute. De Colo is a nice draft and stash player. I think the Spurs FO knows what their doing. You say this Pappas guy is dominating, but you don't give a single stat? Sorry, but I'll take who we got.

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 12:49 AM

Dude...you've got to stop pushing people just because they're Greek...it's sad. He's 5th in PPG in the tourney with 20, tied with 8 people for 14th in assists with 3 per game, and has the most turnovers per game, averaging 4.5. Explain how this is dominant. Yes...I looked it up on the official FIBA U19 site...and yes..I did it because I knew you were wrong. Now...go ahead and say "stupid fool..you are racist." I just don't understand how a guy can be dominant in a tournament when he's averaging 4.5 turnovers per game with a bunch of people under the age of 19. De Colo was the 4th ranked international player and your Pappas player wasn't even in the Top 35...and yeah...I looked that up too. But yeah..we should have drafted him, because he's so dominating.

Look for yourself....
http://newzealand2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/u19men/p/index.html
Click on stats.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 12:50 AM
So awesome no one drafted him.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Pappas has 4 more years left on his contract with Spanish club Bilbao.Forget anyone with a contract that long.

Especially a Greek.

z0sa
07-04-2009, 01:44 AM
:td

jag
07-04-2009, 01:48 AM
lol at this bump

GSH
07-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah, if there's one thing the Spurs need it's a PG who gets 1 assist and 4 turnovers playing against fucking Angola. And not the "good' team - the Angola children's team.

If that doesn't prove he's NBA ready, I don't know what would.

jjktkk
07-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Maybe we should of drafted KBP? Could of had em back up up our towel boy and scout Greece from his home in Houston.

JamStone
07-04-2009, 02:07 AM
I was hoping the Pistons would have traded for the #61 pick in the draft and taken him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Dude...you've got to stop pushing people just because they're Greek...it's sad. He's 5th in PPG in the tourney with 20, tied with 8 people for 14th in assists with 3 per game, and has the most turnovers per game, averaging 4.5. Explain how this is dominant. Yes...I looked it up on the official FIBA U19 site...and yes..I did it because I knew you were wrong. Now...go ahead and say "stupid fool..you are racist." I just don't understand how a guy can be dominant in a tournament when he's averaging 4.5 turnovers per game with a bunch of people under the age of 19. De Colo was the 4th ranked international player and your Pappas player wasn't even in the Top 35...and yeah...I looked that up too. But yeah..we should have drafted him, because he's so dominating.

Look for yourself....
http://newzealand2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/u19men/p/index.html
Click on stats.

You fucking idiot. Your whole basketball "knowledge" is some stats. You have probably never watched a game in your life. And yes he is dominating. Controlling the games like no other. He is light years a better prospect than De Colo is.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Yeah, if there's one thing the Spurs need it's a PG who gets 1 assist and 4 turnovers playing against fucking Angola. And not the "good' team - the Angola children's team.

If that doesn't prove he's NBA ready, I don't know what would.

He is a shooting guard dumb ass.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 04:40 AM
He wasn't even in the draft, douchebag.

He withdrew because he wasn't guaranteed a starting position and his mom had a cold.

Shastafarian
07-04-2009, 04:50 AM
You fucking idiot. Your whole basketball "knowledge" is some stats. You have probably never watched a game in your life. And yes he is dominating. Controlling the games like no other. He is light years a better prospect than De Colo is.

So wait, what's your excuse this time for flinging insults? You need to shut the fuck up already. Your shtick has been old for some time. On top of that, you're insulting posters who are much more knowledgeable and amiable than you. I vote you get pinked again.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2009, 04:54 AM
He is a shooting guard dumb ass.

So you're saying that a 1:4 Assist/TO ratio against a bad team is good for a two guard?

NZ Spurs
07-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I just got back from watching Lithuania beat Greece. The Lithuanian team was to big for the small ball Greeks. Your boy Pappas was pretty average. Konstantinos Papanikolaou on the other hand was nice. His shooting kept them in it.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 05:24 AM
No wonder he pussed out of the draft.

timvp
07-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Papa John's has some pretty good pizza.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 05:50 AM
So you're saying that a 1:4 Assist/TO ratio against a bad team is good for a two guard?

Learn what a damn FIBA assist is. Do you have any basketball knowledge at all?

Jose Calderon in Europe = 2 assists per game. Look it up.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Learn what a damn FIBA assist is. Do you have any basketball knowledge at all?

Jose Calderon in Europe = 2 assists per game. Look it up.What is his assist to turnover ratio?

Look it up for me.

coopdogg3
07-04-2009, 05:56 AM
All your base, are belong to us.

sabar
07-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Forget the ratio, 4.5 turnovers per game is horrible. I dunno how often they convert FGAs in euro play, but he would give the other team 3-4 points per game by default in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:01 AM
What is his assist to turnover ratio?

Look it up for me.

Under FIBA rules Calderon assist to turnover =

2 to 1 last year of Euroleague

More proof how inflated NBA stats are where in NBA he can get 5 to 1 ratio.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Forget the ratio, 4.5 turnovers per game is horrible. I dunno how often they convert FGAs in euro play, but he would give the other team 3-4 points per game by default in the NBA.

Rubio averages over 7 turnovers per 40 minutes in Euroleague. Is there a reason NBA was drooling over him? Pappas is the SAME age as Rubio. You expect a fucking perfect player at 18? And Pappas is averaging 4 turnovers not 4.5.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Under FIBA rules Calderon assist to turnover =

2 to 1 last year of Euroleague

More proof how inflated NBA stats are where in NBA he can get 5 to 1 ratio.So 1 to 4 is still horrible in Europe.

More proof that Popass sucks.

Why are you bitching about a shitty player who wasn't even available in the draft?

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Rubio averages over 7 turnovers per 40 minutes in Euroleague. Is there a reason NBA was drooling over him? Pappas is the SAME age as Rubio. You expect a fucking perfect player at 18?

Weak draft, kid's a bust.

How does someone even manage 7 turnovers per game?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:05 AM
So 1 to 4 is still horrible in Europe.

More proof that Popass sucks.

Why are you bitching about a shitty player who wasn't even available in the draft?

You are a true moron. This guy is one of the best in Europe ever at his age. You will be shut up when this tournament is over.

ChumpDumper
The difference between Rubio and Papass is Rubio doesn't suck.

ChumpDumper
You are a true moron. This guy is one of the best in Europe ever at his age. You will be shut up when this tournament is over.He wasn't in the draft.

You should have shut up when he wasn't in the draft.

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:06 AM
No draft and 4 years left on the contract

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:06 AM
The difference between Rubio and Papass is Rubio doesn't suck.

You claim turnovers = suck ass player

You claim Rubio "does not suck"

Yet Rubio is the all time king of turnovers in basketball history

Your logic = pathetic

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:08 AM

Your logic = patheticI said a 1:4 assist/turnover ratio sucked.

Are you saying it's good?

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:09 AM

Your logic = pathetic

Sorry, Eddie Curry was already crowned the king of turnovers
http://www.82games.com/random29.htm

You need to fact check.

Kill_Bill_Pana
I said a 1:4 assist/turnover ratio sucked.

Are you saying it's good?

For a shooting guard under FIBA rules it is quite good.

ChumpDumper
Yet Rubio is the all time king of turnovers in basketball historyIn all of basketball history.

Please show the all-time historical record for basketball turnovers.

We're waiting for a link.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:11 AM
For a shooting guard under FIBA rules it is quite good.Could you make any more excuses for his sucking?

Look, I'm sorry his mom has syphilis, but that is no reason to pull out of the draft.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry, Eddie Curry was already crowned the king of turnovers
http://www.82games.com/random29.htm

You need to fact check.

Let him get 7.2 turnovers per 40 minutes like Rubio averages and then you can talk.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Let him get 7.2 turnovers per 40 minutes like Rubio averages and then you can talk.There are several players who turn the ball over at a higher rate.

You suck.

Again.

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Let him get 7.2 turnovers per 40 minutes like Rubio averages and then you can talk.

I'm not arguing who had more turnovers. You crowned Rubio the king of turnovers when someone already possessed said title.

I would imagine that players that pull off 7 turnovers per 40 minutes don't make it far past summer league and hence the lack of 7 turnover per game NBA players. This actually only serves as an argument that Rubio sucks.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Could you make any more excuses for his sucking?

Look, I'm sorry his mom has syphilis, but that is no reason to pull out of the draft.

You are a joke in basketball knowledge. And moron could look up assists to turnover ratios in European leagues and FIBA competitions and would see that is a perfectly normal ratio for any shooting guard.

Calderon a POINT GUARD that got 5 to 1 ratio in NBA had 2 to 1 in Europe

Manu a Spurs shooting guard that you might possibly have seen play even though it is doubtful considering the disturbing level of your lack of basketball knowledge, anyway

Manu's ratio was 1.25 to 1 his last year in Europe under FIBA rules

LOOK AT IT DUMB ASS and THEN STFU

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=AKX&seasoncode=E2001

Manu 3 assists 2.4 turnovers = 1.25 to 1

So I guess you can tell the whole forum how Manu has no fucking business ever being in the NBA then. Go ahead.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
You are a joke in basketball knowledge. And moron could look up assists to turnover ratios in European leagues and FIBA competitions and would see that is a perfectly normal ratio for any shooting guard.

Calderon a POINT GUARD that got 5 to 1 ratio in NBA had 2 to 1 in Europe

Manu a Spurs shooting guard that you might possibly have seen play even though it is doubtful considering the disturbing level of your lack of basketball knowledge, anyway

Manu's ratio was 1.25 to 1 his last year in Europe under FIBA rules

LOOK AT IT DUMB ASS and THEN STFU

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=AKX&seasoncode=E2001

Manu 3 assists 2.4 turnovers = 1.25 to 1

So I guess you can tell the whole forum how Manu has no fucking business ever being in the NBA then. Go ahead.I'm saying that's better than 1 to 4.

Thanks for proving me right by showing how much better Manu's ratio is than your loser Greek coward.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-04-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm saying that's better than 1 to 4.

Thanks for proving me right by showing how much better Manu's ratio is than your loser Greek coward.

It is not 1 to 4 you fucking dumb ass. Stop making up fake stats out of your ass and learn proper math. And it is just a 3 game sample jerk off. You must have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:22 AM
It is not 1 to 4 you fucking dumb ass. Stop making up fake stats out of your ass and learn proper math. And it is just a 3 game sample jerk off. You must have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.When you make one assist and four turnovers, your assist to turnover ratio is 1 to 4.

Hey you don't even realize he wasn't available to be drafted.

That's pretty stupid.

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Perhaps the ratio should be expressed in decimals to resolve any English-Greek disambiguity.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2009, 06:32 AM
You know, Rubio's Euroleague ratio of 1.67 is very good for such a young player at such a high level.

No wonder he was drafted so high and Pappas wasn't drafted at all.

TheTruth
07-04-2009, 09:34 AM
It is not 1 to 4 you fucking dumb ass. Stop making up fake stats out of your ass and learn proper math. And it is just a 3 game sample jerk off. You must have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

It's hilarious how much better his english is when he's pissed.

You are a fantastic troll KBP!

exstatic
07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I think Milos Teodosic is first target for this pick because he is 22. But second target for this pick should be Nikos Pappas. He is 18 so this is why I put him as second choice here.

But he would be second best choice I think at 53 so if Teodosic is gone then Spurs should take Pappas.

Pappas is 18 so it would be long term draft pick. But he is one of best European players ever at his age. For sure I think he is in top 5 European players ever at his age.

Pappas was on world team at Nike Hoop Summit that beat US team with John Wall and all these American players that is rate so high. Also Pappas will play at Reebok Camp at Treviso as see here in the players list.

http://www.reebokeurocamp.com/page.php?pid=71

Pappas has 4 more years left on his contract with Spanish club Bilbao. But in these 4 years he might be a great player so it is worth the 53 pick I think.

fail

benefactor
07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I was hoping the Pistons would have traded for the #61 pick in the draft and taken him.
:lol

GSH
07-04-2009, 12:44 PM

Usually the ratio would be stated as .250, or .25 to 1, but they are all the same thing. A 1 to 4 assist-to-turnover ratio. Math is the same, even in Greece. And in any league, 1 assist per 4 turnovers is shit for a 1 or 2 guard. It's bad enough for a big man who doesn't pass much out of the low blocks, so doesn't get many assists, but for a guard it's a sign of a guy who can't handle the ball.

But the worst part is that it was against the absolutely fucking pitiful children's team from Angola. This is a guy who is supposed to be the best ever at his age, and he can't distribute or hang onto the ball against fucking Angola? And don't forget, KBP... in another current thread, you yourself talk about how the Angolans aren't even competitive.

And I know it's already been mentioned, but how in the hell did you expect the Spurs to draft a guy who wasn't even in the fucking draft? Did you consider suggesting that the Spurs should draft Drazen Petrovic (dead) or Pau Gasol? Or do you just hype Greek players who aren't eligible to be drafted?

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
4.5 turnovers a game is dominating? Are you sick? And you're the one who always talks about stats. You bitching at someone for using stats as an argument is definitely the pot calling the kettle black. And NO one...besides you...would put him above De Colo...De Colo was the 4th highest rated international player...Nikos wasn't even in the top 35..and no one even had hmi on their draft board...but yeah...light years ahead..you're an idiot. And if you're saying that someone is "dominating" a tournament, their stats would prove it.

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 01:32 PM
For a shooting guard under FIBA rules it is quite good.
So 4 turnovers per 1 assist is good? LMAO...No wonder they're so damn good over there and then when they try to play over here they suck..

completely deck
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
this shit gets so old, so fast.

Pucho!!!
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
How many greek players actually got drafted this year? And y is anyone on a Spurs forum concerned with players the Spurs aren't even considering or any other team for that matter, haha. Its all about the SHEED right now KBP, not Nikos Papa fritas :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-06-2009, 07:20 AM
In game against Team USA Pappas was the second leading scorer of the game counting both teams and lead the game in assists counting both teams.

All you fools can STFU.

anakha
07-06-2009, 07:22 AM
In game against Team USA Pappas was the second leading scorer of the game counting both teams and lead the game in assists counting both teams.

All you fools can STFU.

He still wasn't in the draft.

mathbzh
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Pappas is probably a fine player but 11 pts / 4 rbds /4 ast shooting 4/11FG to go with an 85-69 loss is hardly impressive.