PDA

View Full Version : Black Mamba vs Superman. Who is the better player?

Allanon
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Forget about Kobe versus LeBron, Kobe might not even deserve #2? Dwight Howard's probably the 5th/6th best?

The diss on Kobe is at an all-time high...so before the Finals begin, let's see your take.

Henry Abott:
(Kobe's better) But it's closer than you think.

Broussard:
(Kobe's better) Again, this is fairly close, especially with Howard hitting a decent number of his free throws. But Kobe, especially with home-court advantage in this series, has to get the nod.

Chad Ford:
(Both are even) The two dominate the game in such different ways. I was tempted to say false because Kobe is Kobe, but the truth is that Howard just put together a better playoff series than the reigning MVP. If he does it again, the Magic will win the series.

John Hollinger:
(Both are even) And I would say false if you were to ask the opposite question, too. Truth is, they're almost perfectly equal at this point in their careers. They've played to a draw on PER during the past two seasons, and both have had huge moments in the playoffs. Howard is the more dominant defender, while Kobe is the better weapon down the stretch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=NBAFinalsRoundup-090602

Nash2TimeMVp
06-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Who is the better basketball player? Really?

Um..................Kobe Byrant by a motherfucking longshot.

TampaDude
06-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Right now??? Kobe, no question.

Five years from now??? That's a whole different story.

Bob Lanier
06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Are you kidding me? Shaq was much better than Kobe, and I hate Shaq.

And Dwight Howard is neither Superman nor in Kobe's class as an impact player, either.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Dwight seriously needs to work on his own identity and stop trying to steal Shaq's.

lefty
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Duh

Superman has superpowers : he can fly, has supervision, has charisma, nails hot babes

Black Mamba does fly, can't see his teammates, has no charisma and rapes ugly babes

Brazil
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Duh

Superman has superpowers : he can fly, has supervision, has charisma, nails hot babes

Black Mamba does fly, can't see his teammates, has no charisma and rapes ugly babes

:lmao seeing like this you're right its superman

Ghazi
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
It is definitely closer than you think.

At the same time, unquestionably Kobe.

baseline bum
06-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Bryant easily. Who cares about 5 years from now? In 5 years Ariza will be better than Duncan.

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Bourousis

SouthTexasRancher
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I hate to admit it but, Kobe is better. Kobe is the best closer in the game today.

Ice009
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Shaq was much better than Kobe, and I hate Shaq.

And Dwight Howard is neither Superman nor in Kobe's class as an impact player, either.

I gotta agree with this. As much as I thought O'neal wouldn't be as good as he was with out his freakish size and athleticism, I'd still have to say Shaq had a lot more skills and footwork than Howard has right now. I think if Dwight didn't have that athleticism he'd be freaking awful. If they were both size and athletically challenged I'd have to say Shaq is a lot more skilled.

Now if Tim Duncan had Dwight's athleticism you could cancel the NBA. Dwight is so limited offensively it's not funny.

I'm not even going to answer the question about who is better between Kobe and Dwight.

GSH
06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Until Howard learns to pass better out of a double-team, and develops a mid-range game, it's not even a question. Not to take anything away from Howard - I'd be happy to build a team around him. But he has some holes in his game.

Ask which is the better team player, or which one I like better and it's a landslide the other way.

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Is this a series question....of course kobe!!

Libri
06-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Could you imagine Howard with a consistent jumper?

Allanon
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Is this a series question....of course kobe!!

Chad Ford and John Hollinger think they're even. Abbott and Broussard think it's very close with a slight edge to Kobe.

Ghazi
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
That's cause Hollinger's a stat whore and their PER's are similar.

But according to PER CP3 is better than Kobe.

and I know Kobe wouldn't let Jannero fucking Pargo take 13 4th qurter shots in a game 7.

Ice009
06-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Chad Ford and John Hollinger think they're even. Abbott and Broussard think it's very close with a slight edge to Kobe.

WTF. Did you read my response above. I compared Dwight to a younger Shaq, with Shaq winning.

Like I said it's not even worth answering who is better between Kobe and Dwight. When you're talking about who is the better individual player it's usually based on skill?

What are the other so called experts basing this on? I can't believe they think it's close. Are they basing it on team play or what the guy does for his team or just on skill?

Allanon
06-04-2009, 11:38 PM
WTF. Did you read my response above. I compared Dwight to a younger Shaq, with Shaq winning.

Like I said it's not even worth answering who is better between Kobe and Dwight. When you're talking about who is the better individual player it's usually based on skill?

What are the other so called experts basing this on? I can't believe they think it's close. Are they basing it on team play or what the guy does for his team or just on skill?

I don't know exactly what they were thinking. But to me, on a team level and on an individual skill level, I don't think Dwight's even close to Kobe. It was amazing to me that 4 of the experts think Dwight's very close or even with Kobe on any level.

But of course, I'm a Laker fan so perhaps I'm biased. That's why I put up the poll, to see if anybody else thought the analysts had it right.

Ice009
06-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I don't know exactly what they were thinking. But to me, on a team level and on an individual skill level, I don't think Dwight's even close to Kobe. It was amazing to me that 4 of the experts think Dwight's very close or even with Kobe on any level.

But of course, I'm a Laker fan so perhaps I'm biased. That's why I put up the poll, to see if anybody else thought the analysts had it right.

Well I'm not really a Kobe fan, but I agree with you 100%. What are they basing this on??? What are they thinking here exactly?

Capt Bringdown
06-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Black Mamba...
As if there was any dispute about Kobe being a complete twat, giving himself his own nickname has to go down as one of the dorkiest moves of all time.

TampaDude
06-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Bryant easily. Who cares about 5 years from now? In 5 years Ariza will be better than Duncan.

Shit...in 5 years, Ariza might be a Spur! :lol

pauls931
06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
what a stupid poll... obviously kobe at this point