PDA

View Full Version : Bosh Not Planning To Sign Extension This Summer

duncan228
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I posted this in the Bosh thread in the Think Tank but I thought it might belong here too with all the Bosh conversation there's been.

Bosh not planning to sign extension this summer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-raptors-bosh&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Chris Bosh doesn’t plan to sign a contract extension with the Toronto Raptors this summer and is preparing to become a free agent at the end of next season.

Bosh is in the final year of a deal that will pay him $15.7 million. While Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo has spoken optimistically in the past about signing Bosh to an extension this summer, Bosh said that isn’t his intention. He said leaving his status up in the air could actually help both himself and the Raptors, who missed the playoffs this season with a 33-49 record.

“(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006)… I had a goal in mind, and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010) … I’m thinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing,” Bosh told reporters. “That’s a part of the plan … I just want to address things (after) next season. There’s a reason why I did things the way I did them back then.”

Should Bosh become a free agent in 2010, he’ll join a crop of players that could include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Steve Nash.

silverblackfan
06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
This is the guy that I hope the Spurs have top on their radar.

Spursfan092120
06-04-2009, 09:30 PM
He'd be a hell of a guy next to Timmy...not sure if he's worth the money he's going to be asking for though.

DMX7
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I think the knicks want him and Lebron. That would be nice.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I do not care about the price. If the Spurs have to overpay in order to get talent, no problem as long as it is "close" to elite talent. Win now, suck later.

lefty
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Go Boooooooooooooooooooooooosh

C B 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ducks
06-04-2009, 09:57 PM
he should threaten to leave to sa
then the spurs could get that extension out of the way

rayray2k8
06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
You guy are dreaming.. Spurs won't be able to afford him.

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
You guy are dreaming.. Spurs won't be able to afford him.

if they get rid of manu they would be able to

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM

No.

benefactor
06-04-2009, 10:12 PM
He's not coming....and neither are any other big name players. Deal with it and move on.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Theoretically they could, but if they offered him a max contract, they would only have 5 players signed to 50M.

loveforthegame
06-04-2009, 10:15 PM
The Spurs might be setting up for a player like this but it's not going to happen. Duncan will be another year older and no telling whether Ginobli will be healthy enough to play.

We'd still have Parker but we need more than that to attract the talent that will be available in 2010.

rayray2k8
06-04-2009, 10:17 PM
They wouldn't have to, Manu will a free agent by next summer..
Was never sold on Bosh, so pass.

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Quit acting like Bosh sucks. I am not high on him with regards to a "franchise" player, but he is damn close and is an elite big man. You would cream in your pants if the Spurs got him.

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM

yeah he sucks
he is way better then manu
NOT

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:23 PM

bosh would not have to be the franchise player
in a couple years after duncan hungs it up he would be the big
tp and bosh and another star = title

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah he sucks
NOT

You just owned yourself Ducks. I love it.

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:26 PM
oops:wow:wow:wow

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:29 PM
oops:wow:wow:wow

Freudian Slip :wow

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
no I was watching tv and typing
bosh>manu

Ghazi
06-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Bosh > TP

DPG21920
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Freudian Slip :wow

bosh>manu

That is the definition of a slip. Your mind was free and your fingers just typed what your heart was screaming.

Blackjack
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah he sucks
NOT

:lmao:lmao:lmao:toast

ducks
06-04-2009, 10:55 PM
my heart wants a ring
do not believe manu will be healthy in playoffs
so spurs need to make a move

Blackjack
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
ducks owned himself
ducks need now to overcompensate
ducks wants ring
as long as there's no manu

Summers
06-05-2009, 12:48 AM
spring
when the world is mudlucious

06-05-2009, 12:56 AM
i would rather just wait a year. not worth trading away ginobili + filler + future first round picks for a one year rental of bosh. other teams have better assets to offer also so it will be a long shot at best. just hopefully wait a year and lure him over during the offseason of 2010. if bosh demonstrates a willingness to sign a long term contract with SA, then it would be more tempting.

draft87
06-05-2009, 01:24 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:toast

Bosh > TP

bosh>manu

yeah he sucks
NOT

sorry guys, but we can't compare a 4/5 to a 2. it's like saying joe johnson is better than david west. there's no arguement.
they're on different teams, play different positions in different systems, etc

sananspursfan21
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
we'd only get bosh in a fantasy draft

duncan228
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Free agency beckons Bosh (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/06/05/9683266-sun.html)
By Mike Ganter

Chris Bosh reiterated yesterday what he has categorically stated in the past.

The Raptors franchise player sees no point in signing an extension and is prepared to enter one of the most coveted free-agent classes in NBA history next summer.

"(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006) I had a goal in mind and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010),'' Bosh told reporters yesterday as he served as guest drawmaster for Sunday's Woodbine Oaks.

"I'm thinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing. That's a part of the plan. I just want to address things (after) next season. There's a reason why I did things the way I did them back then."

GM Bryan Colangelo can offer an extension as early as next month.

The spectre of Bosh leaving has hovered over the franchise, much like it has in Cleveland (Le-Bron James) and Miami (Dwyane Wade) because neither of the game's young stars are signed beyond next season.

It doesn't mean Bosh is destined to depart, but it certainly puts Colangelo on the clock.

Bosh is tired of being pushed around in the post and it's pretty clear he's not going to be manhandled in any potential negotiations.

In the little Bosh did have to say on the topic of his future in Toronto, the most compelling was the revelation that there is going to be no hometown discount.

In other words, it's a max contract or no deal as far as Bosh is concerned.

Asked yesterday if he felt he was worth such a contract, Bosh didn't hesitate. "Without a doubt. I really don't see any negotiation about that part."

But for anyone wanting to know the direction he might be leaning when it comes to his future, Bosh said again that he has not made up his mind.

As for taking less than a max deal to allow Colangelo to beef up the rest of the lineup, Bosh doesn't sound like a guy who would consider that.

"An old school guy told me: 'Take advantage. You can't play this game forever. Make sure you maximize your potential,' " Bosh said.

When it was put to Bosh that he was saying no to a hometown discount, Bosh laughed before replying, "In a nice way."

For now, Bosh's focus is on improving his game.

And this summer, that means hitting the weight room hard and hitting the dinner table often.

He has been in the gym for a couple of weeks now (earlier than ever before in his career) working with strength trainer Ken Roberson of Dallas in the hopes of adding muscle and possibly bulk to his slender frame.

"I got tired of looking at these bigger guys," Bosh said. "It really motivated me to get a lot stronger."

Bosh admitted he tried to bulk up two or three years ago but when he didn't see the results he got discouraged and didn't stay with it.

"I was like doing this, doing that, doing this and I wasn't seeing any results," Bosh said. "I think perseverance is a big thing for me this summer."

Early in the process, it sounds like Bosh is having more of a problem keeping up with the diet portion of his new lifestyle more than the physical activity.

"I'm eating all the time -- four or five meals a day," he said.

"It's hard. I mean, I eat three meals a day but it's not like I'm killing the food. I eat until I'm full and that's it. Now I have a schedule and it doesn't matter how I feel (hungry or not), I eat."

So expect a bigger Bosh for next season and beyond. Just don't ask what uniform he'll be wearing the next few years.

spurtech09
06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
bosh next to timmy would be sweet....but it ain't gonna happen